Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series sure loves flashbacks. We even get some in the finale when they kids involving the Lightless Realm. So, I guess in a way, they wanted to do a reflection of what has been going on. Then again, it's a bit repetitive to watch this over and over.

The final battle was meh but it was better than some of the others. Well, it's finally over...

Felt anti-climatic.
Sep 29, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2013
Great to see light at the end of the tunnel. Sasame waking up at the end was nice.
Sep 29, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
SO EVERYONE IS ALIVE AND BAM! HAPPY ENDING.

I wish everyone beside Tsugumi is dying though. AT LEAST MINASHI SHOULD JUST DIE. Last ep feels anticlimatic. Feelin' disappointed because the last few ep before this builds some heavy tension, but meh, this resolved so quickly and boring.

Wish Tsugumi x Akashi though, I know that isn't going to happen.

Final verdict : 6/10. Could be worse because I'm biased towards Akashi.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
Didn't completely hate this tbh,definitely wasn't Glasslip level bad 4/10.
Sep 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
Think I'll give it a 4-5. Surprisingly not as bad as Glasslip from the summer season. I can't believe I continued to watch this but I'm so glad it's over. Everyone being alive was typical, though.
Sep 29, 2014 12:17 PM
Jan 2014
This anime had a pretty basic formula overall, making it very average and sometimes even below that.

The characters were very stereotypical and convienient for the plot, in a bad manner of course. They got fleshed out way too much and had the typical awkward Okada dialogues. Not to mention the rewrite that Minashi's character got in the last few eps. Some of them shared some traits of grey morality though.

The exposition is the next gripe I have with it, albeit a bit nitpicky. Those narratives that were flowing in and out, from time to time sounded very cheesy and a bit out of place. While I didn't have problems with them in the final episode, they managed to leave a minor impact on me. Again, that's something to blame on Okada's script.

I don't have a lot to say about the animation department. The CGI was bad and the regular Vesses had an ugly design. I'll give some props to Kawamori for the MA Vess designs though. The colours were mostly dark, which is to aid the theme of the show I guess. Not a big fan of that either, but I understand why they opted for it.

The sound department was very meh. The sound effects were very repetitive, not to mention some of the BGMs. The last episode had some alright tracks, but nothing major. I am however very happy about the second OP and ED provided by Sakamono-san and nano respectively. They helped to lift the mood in a way.

The ending did feel anti-climactic, but not as bad as some other shows which ended in this outgoing season.

The Corpse was very cute at the end of the episode though, but that won't aid the score.

I honestly don't know if I should give this a 4 or a 5/10. I'll leave it at 5/10 for now, but I might adjust it in the future.
ResidentSep 29, 2014 12:27 PM
Sep 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was probably one of the most depressing anime's i have ever watched. But it was pretty decent and it was a nice happy ending as well which is always a plus for me.
Sep 29, 2014 5:03 PM

Sep 2011
THANK GOD ITS OVER

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
So it's over... I actually liked this show a lot. Though most of the characters were totally annoying. I felt like punching the screen more than once. I have a lot of complains, well, I guess it doesn't matter now. 7/10
Sep 29, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Eh...

I stuck with it until the end but it was a chore to watch. Why did I even stick until the end I wonder XD

After all the crap that happened, we get a happy ending. I'm kind of not happy about that to be honest.

5/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
Till the end Lightless Realm was washed away and all things are coming back to normal. And it seems Natsuiri's project was been continued by Agura Kasane and it was now accepted by the people all because of the Lightless Realm phenomenon. And Tsugumi was finally having a normal life without sadness,scare and hatred on her heart.

So Heito had almost fully recovered, Emiru was on comatose state without being covered by necrometal and Sasame still being infected by necrometal but she's awake now.

Anyway this show was finally over and now I'm about rate show 6 overall because I didn't really like some episodes of this Anime and I wasn't even satisfied with that ending.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2014 1:00 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Happy ending. I love happy endings, this is one moment in the series that I have really enjoyed, and not just because it ended. I thought it was a nice ending, and by that, I meant the very end part when Sakamoto's singing started. Other than that, the whole Minashi wanting everyone to be one thing was weird, and then how Tsugumi stopped being angry too. I wonder what Okada was thinking when she wrote this, what was her purpose...was it what Mahmu narrated at the end? That darkness is born when light is lost? Basically, it's not Tsugumi's fault she went insane because her light was lost, I guess, and some other things that happened throughout this series. Cool line, I mean it really does mean something, but this anime was kind of a bore. Had some interesting moments of course. Tsugumi is much more tolerable when she is happy, and the Corpse was cute at the end.
Sep 30, 2014 7:05 AM

Mar 2014
Lime_ said:
THANK GOD ITS OVER
Yes, FINALLY!!!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Oct 1, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
Trainwreck: the Anime is finally over. I can't believe I thought this had potential to be the next Shinsekai Yori. It has a nice premise I'll give it that, but the execution and characters are horrible. The plot is just everywhere and I really feel that the mechas were unecessary, they could have psychic powers or even nen (Hunter x Hunter). It wasn't even like Captain Earth where the animation, art and music made up for the poor story.

So, it sounds like I'm just shitting on this show but there were like three or so decent episodes, the island episode and two backstory episodes. Everything else has been too try hard edgy and messy. 5/10 (still deciding if it deserves lower)
Oct 1, 2014 1:28 AM

Sep 2014
This is an Episode 24 Discussion, so I'll just be giving some thoughts that I had as I was watching and after the episode.

can confirm script is written by Okada
final "fight" wasn't anything to write home about
last few minutes was whatever
episode felt tight with rushed transitions
left a bad taste in my mouth

10/10 - IGN
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 1, 2014 1:51 AM
Jun 2014
too bad happy-ending finished..

/sobs :'(
Roseanne Maceda
Oct 1, 2014 2:10 AM

Jun 2012
Finally it ended.

A really disappointing series that dragged on for 24 episodes.
Everything was lackluster, huge lack of atmosphere etc. etc.

Not worth criticizing any further, 2.5/10
Oct 1, 2014 4:47 AM
Jun 2012
Wait wait wait.....Heito played with them when they were younger? And Akashi and Sasame moment was kinda gross. Liked Tsugumi here and everyone other than Akashi and Sasame.
Lol Heito's biggest terror is seeing his bear not have a heart. I still love him
Oct 1, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2012
Not fair, Only reason I keep watching it was to see Minashi die. Not cool............
Anyway, I was expecting a more tragic ending, but I am ok with the happy ending.
Oct 1, 2014 6:58 AM
Aug 2014
Omgosh. I HATE akashixsasame. Omgosh. I was actually kinda wishing for heitoxemiru. But oh wells. And ugh. Why can't it be like akashixtsugumi. Honestly. Sasame just sucks. I really loved the episodes with heito. Thats why i continued watching. And then heito came back for likw what. 5 FUCKING MINUTES ONLY?! in episode 22-23. Like. Honestly. Heito deserves more love than that. Wtf. Haha. ._. Minashi was pretty lame. I totally agree that minashi was probs just upset he wasn't liked by tsugumi nor sasame. Hahaha! I would give this anime a 5-6/10 hurhur. If only sasame died. If sasame died. It would have been a 7-8/10. If heito and emiru were together, it wouldhave been a 10/10 hehe
Oct 1, 2014 8:15 AM
Oct 2010
2/10 I guess... ripping off eva, pretty bad action, average animation, forgettable OST, really horrendous characters, poor/cheesy dialogue (seriously in the innuendo with akashi this episode was just crazy) and despite going for a darker feel, a cop out ending.

I mean really? No one died from turning? Even in the city? Everyone who was necrometal came back LOL.
Oct 1, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2012
I never really figured out how I feel about Heito, but I'm so glad we got the happy ending with everyone being okay.

I was so afraid that the necrometal cure was a pipe dream that I refused to let myself hope for a happy ending, and that made the end all the more heartwarming and fantastic for me!
Oct 1, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
This anime has been a rollercoaster since it went from good to bad, then from bad to good. I give this anime a 8/10, just because i liked the cute little corpse running around and enjoying the light :D
Oct 1, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
@vanillamoo the only pair worth shipping is Iwato and Raika tbh
Oct 1, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
How in the hell did this get 24 episodes?

That is all.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 1, 2014 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone is alive. Happy ending to all.
Oct 1, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
this show has its flaws, I can't deny that, but I did like it.it was interesting, dark and mysterious. I kept looking forward to every ep and it kinda grew on me. I was pretty satisfied with the ending too. glad that Minashi didn't die (haha apparently I'm the only one who thinks that way)
Emiru smiling in the end was cute and of course Iwato and Raika were cute as well. I actually couldn't care less about Akashi and Sasame, but I thought Tsugumi holding Minashi's hand was quite lovely.
8/10
Oct 1, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
so... if it wasn't for the 1st set of episodes this might have gotten an 8... Its lucky to have gotten a 7. Sasame killed my enjoyment of this show entirely but in the end it was "alright"
6.5/10 rounded up to 7.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Oct 1, 2014 5:36 PM
Jul 2012
Shaniyaz said:

Aside that, he was pretty lame as a villain; trying to pilot the Corpse. What's even lamer is that, the Corpse they've been trying to defeat for so long is taken down in minutes almost effortlessly. The hell?

Um, the Corpse wasn't defeated, it literally surrendered because Tsugumi decided to. Its not like it was ever not in her ability to end the Lightless Realm, she always could, just she was too deep in revenge. And the Corpse chose to surrender because of its special bond with Tsugumi. Yes, this is very hard to explain kind of, think of it as a real close dog and girl. And this series just runs off bonds, so... really just take it and be done.
Oct 1, 2014 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
Overall, this series feels like a 6/10. I mean, its really weak during most of the series. The plot is weak and things are never too clear during the first half. Its a mess with crappy characters who can't seem to do anything, but whine. Or they are just mysterious to the point of stupidity. If you are going to have a mysterious character, at least make sure we'll be asking about it by the time you reveal it to us!

The third quarter is when M3 really picks up. Its got good action, the characters aren't whining so much. They are developing and being able to make well chosen choices. I can stand whining characters that feel like they actually are concurrent with the series events, but these ones we get little feeling to it because its not current with the series. We also get some mysteries solved. For instance, Sasame and Minashi's background, origin of the Lightless Realm, mechanics of the series, and really important background information Overall, the third quarter gives you the fights, information, reveals and character development!

But then comes the 4th quarter that ****s it all up again! It has Minashi go on a thing about "We should become one!" Its boring and a bit cliche to me. Its overused and even so, this one is poorly executed. It has him just repeating steps 1 and 2 trying to get people to join him. And then we reach the conclusion where they really just drop a lot of seriousness with too nice an attitude for this series.

Honestly, it ought to be darker. Simply using the topics of bonds as the major plot point, wrecks that ability. Thats what its own setting is. Its dark, and they use a happy topic as its balance. NO! It should've used a darker more serious theme/motif for this. Its just a 6/10 because its too weak overall, but its good moments make up a decent amount.
Oct 1, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
A nice ending
Oct 1, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was surprisingly not as horrible as I expected it to be.

For a while I thought they were going to turn Tsugumi into some weird, fucked up yandere. After episode 23 it looked like I was going to be wrong about it, and I'm glad I was. Undeniably best girl in the show, glad they just showed her that she was flawed and human. She admitted she made a lot of mistakes and nobody blamed her for it, which was nice.

Didn't really like Minashi surviving, but he realized he was wrong, and was hospitalized for the foreseeable future so that's a trade off.

Realizing that what traumatized Heito was the fact that his bear didn't have a heart was probably the funniest thing ever. One last kick in the balls for that god awful character.

Seeing Kasane continue Natsuri's research, but down the right path, while also deciphering how to cure necrometal was pretty cool. Susan taking down the top corrupt officials was rewarding too.

Sasame waking up at the end...that was nice I guess. Hated her since she showed up, and I forever ship Akashi x Tsugumi, but since everyone survived I guess it was a nice moment of relief. Clearly she still has a long way to recovery compared to everyone else though.

Overall the show was bad. Really bad. That said, it was still nowhere near as bad as Glasslip, and that was half the episodes of M3.

Honestly the redeeming factors for this show all were in the 2nd cour. After the first cour ended I would've easily given this show a 2-3. But the 2nd cour did a lot more things right. It answered every question that the first half raised. So no loose ends was good. Iwato and Raika became official. It took the proper route and made Natsuri the villain he always appeared to be, and a fucked up on at that. Everyone hated Minashi and he became the villain too so that was also good. But the best thing is that they didn't ruin Tsugumi's character and instead, turned her around and made her even better.

When all is said and done, I'd rate this show a solid 6. Not the best I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst. The 2nd cour was M3's saving grace without a doubt.
Oct 1, 2014 11:09 PM
Aug 2009
idk about everyone else but i honestly feel conflicted by the ending. I feel that at least some people *cough* sasame or minashi *cough* should've died...a happy ending to this series should not be appropriate.
though i will admit i was not disappointed, somehow they made it work without me feeling like its a total lame happy ending, which it pretty much is.
Oct 2, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2012
So it's done, happy ending everyone's happy, yay! Nah seriously, it felt anticlimatic to me, but not necessarily a bad ending if you compare to other ending this season. Otherwise, it was an okay series, can't say I had a bad time. I certainly did enjoy some part of it, but the other part almost felt like a chore to watch. I'll give this a 6 out of 10.
Oct 2, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
So yea,once again I'll say how M3 actually got better as it went on and honestly,with the direction the series took, the events that took place in the 1st half that many people(myself included) were pissed off at(such as Okada having Emiru be turned into a LIM and playing favorites with Sasame) weren't really so bad as I thought they were. I remember bashing on it quite a bit back and while I still believe that Akashi & Sasame's forced Okada-style attraction towards each other was the weakest part of the series, it luckily didn't focus on that as much as I thought it would.

Instead,the mystery of the Lightless Realm, our protagonists, their past & relation to it were all revealed properly. That wasn't all there was to it either due to a few twists that came followed which were also concluded properly and everyone played their part in it.

With proper execution, M3 could've probably been one of the better shows of spring/summer but alas,it didn't quite get it. One of my biggest complaints besides the usual Okada pitfalls which I kept ranting on about throughout the show's run along with the over-the-top behavior of some characters such as Heito & Natsuiri that can really get on your nerves is the awful BGM used during the action scenes. However, it wasn't nearly as a lot of people make it out to be either so I'd say it's a good show worth the watch for someone who wants a mystery-drama with some mecha. Many people just jumped on the hate train early on and never got off it,whether they continued watching the show or not. I think that,to get more enjoyment out of this series it’s important to let go of the hatred towards some characters that may initially rub you the wrong way. Once you do that,they might even grow on you a little although it does take quite some time for that to happen which is one of undoubtedly one of the show’s main pitfalls.

My stance with Okada is once again unchanged after M3,just like it was after Nagi no Asukara. I dislike her over-the-top drama & behavior of some characters yet I can't help but be entertained by her shows to a certain degree. I kind of gave up on the idea that I'll see anything of high quality from her but she continues to be a mixed bag for me,one that somehow still manages to entertain and not always because her shows are entertaining trainwrecks a.k.a. so bad they're good. Like,while Aquarion EVOL fit's that I wouldn't say M3 does. Which type is more entertaining however, is up to each of us to decide.

'Guess I'll continue to check out her shows,lol :P

7/10 from me since it succeeded in keeping me curious throughout it's entire run, kept up a rather tense & dark atmosphere and I guess most of the characters(besides Heito & Natsuiri,too over-the-top to be taken seriously) actually managed to grow on me a little. Tbh,I'd take characters like Emiru,Mahmu,Iwato,Raika,Mahmu,Akashi,Tsugumi & even Sasame any day than someone like Inaho from Aldnoah Zero. Too bad it wasn't executed better though,as it could've been one of the best shows of summer.
ManlyTearOct 5, 2014 9:08 AM
Oct 2, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
I kinda forced myself on the last episode, the momentum just dropped and that really let me down.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 3, 2014 9:07 AM
Apr 2014
wtf? what was with that end? was it really necessary to not make us not hear what Sasame said? God I was so happy that they ended it properly and then they do something like that in the last second -.- don't show something without telling the viewer what actually happens >.<

Well. Overall it wasn't too bad at least although the last few episodes weren't as nice as the rest(especially Minashi was unbearable. Tsugumi turned out to be ok but she had her annoying moments earlier).
NanashiOct 3, 2014 9:13 AM
Oct 3, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
In the end all were saved, and all within the imagined
The story was nonsense on many points, I found none good characters, and development left to be desired, but for those who like dark animes with different scenarios may like this anime ..
Oct 3, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Surprise ending to what was supposedly a fucked up anime. NO ONE DIED.
Oct 3, 2014 6:40 PM

Nov 2013
Well, the ending/epilogue thing was nice.
Rest of the show was mediocre or shitty with a few decent moments here and there. Better than Glasslip for sure (since people are already comparing them, for whatever reason...) but then again Glasslip didn't run for 24 episodes..

4.5/10 Would not watch again.
Oct 3, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
"Akashi-kun, I want you to pilot me."
"I don't care how much I get hurt."

Oct 3, 2014 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
What a bullshit ending. In the end she said "I was wrong" and it ended. I wrote dairy entries with a more coherent conclusion in 3rd grade.

Oct 4, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
Fitting end.

Minashi... yer hand dude! And it's about time Akashi x Sasame resonance happened.

Glad to see Sasame recovering at the end :)

This is one of those series that "fell short"... I would have loved to see this made by the right people that could have really done more on a psychological level with the horror/emotional aspects, and shortened to 12 episodes. Oh well, I still enjoyed it. 7/10

...Everybody bringing up Glasslip and claiming it and this are awful... I guess I'm part of the demographic that has been enjoying both. Both have better "atmosphere" than most other anime. I'm sorry this isn't the same generic anime that you all love so much. /rant
BurntJellyOct 4, 2014 6:11 PM
Oct 5, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
In the end, I found the ending quite.... unsatisfying

I mean, yeah in the end everyone was saved.... miraculously?
So like the Corpse has the ability to turn everything into metal or back according to Tsugumi's feelings? Doesn't that make her the most dangerous person in the entire world? Why did they not quarantine her in the end? Or at least the Corpse? That would have made more sense than letting her sit on a tree with that mini-me wannabe right? I mean, what if she fell out of the tree and scraped her knee? Or what if they fed her something she didn't like? She could basically hold anyone hostage to her powers.

Seriously, and why the heck would they want to even continue with that experiment anyway? It's like an invasion of privacy, specially for all those sick people.

Bleh... nevermind... the show didn't make much sense in the first place. Though I guess I liked the mechs in this show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 5, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2009
Ew, gross happy end with everyone (especially Sasami, ad after that super resonance thing that supposedly killed Aoshi, to boot) surviving. Disappointing.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
BurntJelly said:
I'm sorry this isn't the same generic anime that you all love so much. /rant

But m3 is generic. I don't know what you think made this show any different from any other mecha because it was trying to copy Evangelion.

CG said:
Ew, gross happy end with everyone (especially Sasami, ad after that super resonance thing that supposedly killed Aoshi, to boot) surviving. Disappointing.

Another anime that suffers from "main characters never die" syndrome. (Hamatora, Akuma no Riddle, Fairy Tail ugh)
Oct 5, 2014 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty average series with mostly bland characters and a story that was all over the place. It did have a nice and creepy atmosphere though.

Akashi's an idiot......who'd choose Sasami over Tsugumi?
Oct 13, 2014 4:47 AM

Apr 2011
Psychological mecha
that turns into drama
Thank you Mari Okada
Oct 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2009
thank God its over~ felt like i watched a 50 episode series~
Nov 12, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2014
The most underrated anime for me, this anime deserve around 8 or 9 for the rating.
The ending is quite nice and i believe the author want us to imagine what happen next when they finally return back to normal. But sadly, lack of character development. But still the best fr me!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

45 by Phobossus »»
Mar 17, 7:41 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.