Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2014 1:38 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
The only thing i didn't understand in this episode is why 9 died...
Oct 10, 2014 3:08 PM
Jul 2014
nine left it to shibazaki to convince the justice system and the citizens of a terrorist attack to be on their side after they are dead?

so some old men can go to jail and lose their jobs?

tell me what is worst: an attack that cripples a nation for weeks, renders important electronics useless, causes fear (can't contact loved ones) and causes millions of dollars worth of damage or what happened to nine and twelve as kids.

if emiya kiritsugu had to choose..
number35Oct 10, 2014 3:41 PM
Oct 11, 2014 2:16 PM
Jul 2014
Loved the last episode, even though it was uexpected,
The animation is amazing and so is the OST ( god, Japanese people have a good taste in music)
Even though it made me feel sad ╯︿╰
Oct 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
Am I the only one around here who doesn't like the way it ended? It could be better I think. it could be better..
Oct 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
Eruri_ku said:
Am I the only one around here who doesn't like the way it ended? It could be better I think. it could be better..

What was disappointing for you?
It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world!
Oct 11, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
The last episode made me cry, i'm crying right now, the story was beautiful well done, the characters were likable... I can't take it! The feels, i haven't cried since i watched clannad. :(
Oct 11, 2014 3:53 PM

Feb 2014
OMG. I saw it coming, but it made me cry so bad. I mean, I was glad five died. But Nine and Twelve shouldn't have. I'm probably the only one rooting for Lisa and Twelve. So sad :.(

Anyways, there's still things I don't get what happened, like what happened at the Academy, were the bombings for to exploit Japan and its government and what was the point of the US forces coming in?

This was very enjoyable to watch. I love its soundtrack, graphics and atmosphere. Overall, 8/10 because I still don't get some parts of the plot.
Oct 11, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2014
I'm still sad how this ended, but I love ZnT. This is the first time I love characters that only has a little character development.

9/10
Oct 12, 2014 8:46 PM

Apr 2014
T^T
Oct 13, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
What an anticlimactic ending. Especially the middle of the episode when they played ball, that scene came straight out of the room, all they needed were tuxedos. One thing that was bothering me was how Nine died exactly after Twelve died. The coincidence was just badly written in.

While the show wasn't as offending as most bad anime these days, it was still really badly written and the second half ranged from bad to garbage.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2014
nanoflower said:
Anyways, there's still things I don't get what happened, like what happened at the Academy, were the bombings for to exploit Japan and its government and what was the point of the US forces coming in?

I didn't get that either.
Oct 13, 2014 1:33 PM
Oct 2012
lalabella said:
nanoflower said:

I didn't get that either.

The Academy was used to create supersoldiers that Nine, Twelve and Five were apart of. They escaped because they were robbed of their humanity.

The bombings were a surefire way to get the nation's attention and the countries bordering it to make people zoom in and see what's going on.

The US forces came in because they can't afford not only Japan but also other nations who are looking at the explosion Sphnx caused and realized that American could have solved the issue but rather placed danger for the Japanese audience due to a higher up taking charge. Killing Nine and Five would eliminate all types of evidence. Shibazaki has a hint but he can't verify such a claim. USA was pretty much this.

They were screwing around but once someone died, they cleaned their hands expertly to avoid suspicion and never to speak of it again. Very shady, even the lighting for the President gave a hint to how screwed up their thought process is.

ZetaZaku said:
What an anticlimactic ending. Especially the middle of the episode when they played ball, that scene came straight out of the room, all they needed were tuxedos. One thing that was bothering me was how Nine died exactly after Twelve died. The coincidence was just badly written in.

While the show wasn't as offending as most bad anime these days, it was still really badly written and the second half ranged from bad to garbage.

They played ball possibly because the two may never have another time to just be themselves. This whole time they were bombing buildings and never once acted like normal children because of their youth. They're trying to live their lives compared to endangering human lives.

Well, they said the majority of the children had no reason to live. This is only an example that when one mentally gives up, their body follows suit. Nine, Twelve and Five had a reason to live and extended their lives but not for long. Once Twelve died, and their motives reached, no reason to keep living don't you think?

This show required multiple times where one needed to think and see things in depth rather than relax and see what it is on the surface.

http://moesucks.com/category/anime/series/terror-in-resonance/

This may help in understanding and finding parallels to what's going on. Or if you really hate the show and find no information able to salvage the trainwreck you watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtmct_xCk2I&list=UUHhnf3RgHabfk5f2gUX6EVQ

This is why Watanabe did a phenomenal job as a DIRECTOR, he's great to what the scenes were intended. The writing suffered to the point it couldn't be avoided. Both of these links might make sense or help you.
Oct 14, 2014 11:06 AM
Aug 2012
so the hole thing was so they cld be remembered? i can imagine because there was no fatalities people wld forget it very quickly after that 1 yr people half of people wld have forgotten the terrorists names
Oct 14, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2012
Damn this was beautiful but ow so sad! I really hoped that they would be just taken in and not to have died like this :| Still this last episode sure went off with a bang and this series is in one word amazing!

All in all a great show!
Oct 14, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
@BRK25: While the anime may have themes, the execution overall was bad. That's what Zaku was criticizing.
Oct 15, 2014 4:53 AM
May 2012
Aw man, that was a beautiful ending. The explosion looked beautiful, too.
Because of this episode, I almost gave this Anime a '9', but I am sticking with '8'.....it might change, though.
First 2 episodes was really great, but the Anime kinda went downhill. Though, still great. If this Anime had 24 episodes, it will be much better. 11 episodes aren't enough to develop the characters. I want a prequel about their lives at the facility.
Awesome directing, music, and animation. Why did 9 and 12 have to die T^T Well, it was an interesting watch~ Thank you ^^

Edit: Posts: 2999
TengaiOct 15, 2014 4:59 AM
Oct 15, 2014 2:34 PM
Oct 2012
TripleSRank said:
@BRK25: While the anime may have themes, the execution overall was bad. That's what Zaku was criticizing.

Oh yes, that is a definite fact. The execution was bad in part from time constraints and the writing. I'm sure if Watanabe had time, he'd given us more time to explain things and might have gave a Cowboy Bebop feel where we saw slow camera work and more meaningful conversations that drag out but be taken in context for life and what not.

Instead, with a eleven episode constraint, we were given a solid show but the first four episodes are too high and ruin the magic once episode five comes along and we are no longer in the presence of a GOAT. Sadly that's the case.
Oct 15, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
To be honest I had a lot of hope that Nine and Twelve would be able to survive through this and have a proper life, that's because I tend to expect positive endings from anime. That's not a realistic expectation, but I don't want stuff to be sad. I'm really sorry that the boys had to die, especially Twelve whom I really liked. I wanted him to have a future with Lisa, or was I the only one getting romantic vibes from their relationship? It was a really tough ending for me.

Overall, while quite a tear jerker by the end, the show was solid and I gave it a 9/10.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 18, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2014
I was on the verge of tears, the ending was satisfying
Just finished this and I feel a little warm inside tyvm.

8/10
RooringaaruApr 10, 2016 12:08 PM

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Oct 19, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2013
great ending epic anime THEM FEELS T-T
[/quote]
Oct 20, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2012
Lost its way mid-way, hated 5, really thought this would make my favourites but the last couple of episodes were really well done so brought it up to a low 8
Oct 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Dec 2010
"Zankyou no Terror started strong but started to go downhill"

You guys are using the wrong terms. In terms of it's action excitement then I would agree. But more properly:

It started out with concrete action and a mysterious purpose. Then it webbed out building up so many abstract ideas but a clearer purpose.

Basically it's an concrete to abstract timeline. Most people call this "downhill" but the truth is, is that it gets harder to understand the meaning as things get more abstract.

==============================================

Secondly, people that are complaining that the coupling sucks. Please just stop lol. No such thing as a watching something incorrectly, but some of you are watching it without getting the main points (stop complaining the small stuff, it ain't the point). However I do agree this anime is quite confusing. The purpose seems obvious: make attention to get attention. I feel like there's a lot more to it. Not sure if the one of it would be government controversies (those themes seems way too cliche'd)
diamondketoOct 21, 2014 12:45 AM
Oct 21, 2014 2:51 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome, these last couple episodes and the finale really made me like this anime :)
Oct 21, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2012
Well I just finished watching and that was freaking amazing. There were a couple things I didnt understand, like why Lisa's mom is like that, and Five's purpose of capturing Twelve. There wasn't much of character development in Nine (except maybe in the final episode) but man, I was overwhelmed with excitement all throughout and the ending left me in tears.

Breathtaking in all sorts of ways, that's how I'd describe Zankyou no Terror.
Oct 22, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
I cannot believe it when they shot Twelve, I cried a little bit ;-;
Then, when Nine died I felt like WOW...
An incredible anime, I give it a 10/10.
Oct 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
The OST and execution were awesome. It´s a shame that the story itself was a little disappointing.

Random Anime Blogs | 1 2 3 4
Oct 22, 2014 4:53 PM
Aug 2012
x at home nice choice of words "execution" lol still dont understand the point of there deaths after rewatch can anyone explain the point of the bombing?
Oct 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
and that was it...stupid chopper why T.T
No real explanation of what happened to Lisa afterwords, did she just live alone or w/e? Don't think she went back home...
8/10 cuz of chopper and 5's English.
GenocyberOct 23, 2014 3:14 PM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 25, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
Beautiful ending with amazing OST. One of my favorite anime of all time and certainly a strong contender for AOTY.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Oct 26, 2014 1:01 AM

Sep 2014
Absolutely amazing anime!!!

A very strong plot in my opinion and strong characters as well. The soundtrack is just... I'm not even going to try to describe just how beautiful it was.

One of the best anime I have ever seen. It will stick with me for a long time to come!

Very deep and brilliantly written piece of art.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Oct 28, 2014 6:09 AM
May 2012
Very thrilling, very powerful that always kept me on the edge of my seat. Everything was executed really well from start to end. Definitely enjoyed this one. It's a shame both of them died in the end, But the ending after that was completely satisfying. It turns out both of them aren't really "bad" terrorists after all.

9/10
Oct 28, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
They weren't terrorists. They were heroes!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 29, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2009
Liked the episode and whole series. And the soundtrack was quite powerful. The only letdown is that it is already over but well, that's the main problem with all the good anime, they have to end at some point. Also...

Oh GOD! If someone talented would make screensaver from 21:35 to 21:40 or from 21:40 to 21:48 that would be awesome. I will try finding someone or making it myself. Damn, that scene is perfect for that and it would make a great reminder of good show.
_Arris_Oct 29, 2014 2:22 PM
Oct 30, 2014 11:40 PM
Aug 2014
That ending left me feeling so incredibly empty... my heart hurts at the thought was 9 and 12's death.

Really did enjoy this anime.
Oct 31, 2014 8:30 PM

Oct 2007
This show felt very meaningless and empty, like there wasn't really much of a point to anything that happened in the long run and it was just another story to fill time. Like with most Aniplex productions about the only thing of note were some of the stylistic choices but for what feels like so many times in a row that I lost track it's where the requirement for that actual meaning and sense of purpose to the characters and plot transgressions are required that Terror in Resonance falls remarkably and utterly flat. God forbid if they ever get that aspect down they might some day return into the respectable company they desperately seem to see themselves as along with those that see a pretty looking picture and call it a masterpiece every single darn time.

Another 6/10. Seriously Aniplex this is getting really fucking sad at this point. You have so much money and talent available including a pretty great action director and composer duo in Watanabe and Kanno this time around that you'd think you might not totally blow a surefire original series by saddling it with a lackluster script at some point, but nope clearly not. You may have MAL eating out of the palm of your low effort hands, but at this rate it's going to be a long ass time before you make a show where it feels like you put as much effort into the overalls as you did the stylistic choices and advertising. You can't just buy your popularity and easy praises with someone like me, it has to actually be earned through the hard work of the people you get on staff, not because said people are popular and have buzz surrounding them but because they readily and fully commit to the project and make it count. You managed to do it once this year with Ping Pong so all hope is not lost, but that seems more and more like it was just the fluke of happening to find someone that gives a flying fuck about things other than a quick and guaranteed paycheck in Masaaki Yuasa and having a strong script from an actually finished manga for him to work with.

Whatever, just no longer settling for mediocrity. At one point in time this might have gotten off with a soft 7 due to the stylistic aspects the show was okay at, but at this point that's just become a base expectation and standard and I just don't see any reason to give any extra consideration to shows that pull that off, because frankly most do and it's an incredibly easy and convenient crutch that far too many series are leaning on when they know they've got nothing else of merit to note.
PeacingOutOct 31, 2014 8:44 PM
Oct 31, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
I really liked this anime its a good story but 5 kinda brought it down. I feel it could have been better by explaining more about thier childhood and escape rather then that stuff with 5 but anyways worth a watch.
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Nov 2, 2014 3:49 AM

Jul 2014
Existence of five really ruined that show for me, but it was still fucking amazing. It was Shinichiro senpai's work at the very least.
Nov 2, 2014 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
Why did Twelve and Nine have to die? (´;︵;`) I'm tearing up right now. That's not even fair.

I wish there was one more episode to tie up loose ends though. They did not fully explain what happened at the orphanage or what relationship Five and Nine actually had.
Nov 3, 2014 10:22 AM
Jun 2013
It'd have been a 10/10 if it wasn't for five. Really, really good story.
Now one thing is just missing. What did nine listen to? We know it's music from iceland, but there are many great bands
Solstafir? Sigur Ros? Björk?

I guess Sigur Ros would fit him most
Nov 3, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
He was listening to:
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 3, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2012
I loved the ending ost so much that I put it on my profile for everyone to enjoy. Such a good ost! Still not sick of it

Nov 4, 2014 6:45 PM
Oct 2011
I still don't understand why they had to blow up things. If they only wanted people to know about their past there are other ways they could've done it, like:
- gathering evidence and then posting it online.
- hijacking a news broadcast.
- blowing up ONE thing to get attention and then telling why they did it. The first building would've been more than enough.
Nov 5, 2014 7:52 PM

Feb 2012
RIP 12 and 9 von voyage
Nov 13, 2014 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
Such a good anime. :') Such a great ending. :')
Nov 14, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
Wow... that was amazing. And that ending ost... Really wish they hadn't been killed, but wow, holding back the tears lol :(
Nov 14, 2014 7:51 PM
Aug 2009
Sceles said:
I still don't understand why they had to blow up things. If they only wanted people to know about their past there are other ways they could've done it, like:
- gathering evidence and then posting it online.
- hijacking a news broadcast.
- blowing up ONE thing to get attention and then telling why they did it. The first building would've been more than enough.

Actually it makes sense when you think about it.
What are the people that will get the most attention? Criminals, you see them all over the news like they are celebrities. And of all those terrorists are the jackpot.

- not all the info is true on the internet, you might have some people investigate but it won't get near the attention it should (remember this thing is international, hence the US involvement)
- might be effective but still not enough for the whole world
- They would never get the press conference they wanted in the end. It would straight up been kill on sight. By the way they did it they showed they were not out for killing but more attention.
Also, the buildings they were blowing up was a hint to the whole story since they were related to people involved in the whole project.
Nov 15, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2014
Some people are just too dumb for this show
Nov 15, 2014 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
Akelov said:

Ah yes the 2deep4u card.

Making insecure pseudo-intellectual people feel superior since the dawn of the internet....
Nov 15, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2014
amateur said:
Akelov said:

Ah yes the 2deep4u card.

Making insecure pseudo-intellectual people feel superior since the dawn of the internet....

I'm not claiming that YOU're too dumb for this show or that the show is 2deep4u, but, really, often when you read the reviews or comments about this show, some of the people just seem to be so stupid, it's crazy
Nov 16, 2014 12:56 AM

May 2013
Remember when shibazaki said that they're called terrorists now, but in a different time they would have been named differently? Their goal was not just to unearth the mysteries of the facility, but to bring about a sense of worth to life. Being by themselves, they never meant anything to anybody, and in the system, that is often the case with others as well. They never killed anybody, but the bombings made everyone value their lives more, all the while they were wittling away at the system that deceived the people and made everyone just a pawn instead of a person. In the end, everyone thought they were going to die, but instead where given an aurora, which is representative of hope. Also, with the massive emp, the system also shut down, forcing the end of lies and increasing the value of each individual person. This is a stark contrast of the summer Shibazaki hated, which caused the end of lives. This summer brought about a reason to live, coupled with the aurora that usually only occurs in the cold land.
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.