Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2013
I like how the poll results has the majority score of 1 out of 5. LOL

Welp, one reason I watched this was because I thought it was gon be somewhat similar to Nagi no Asuakra but I was wrong ;-;

Ehhh... I don't even know what score I should give to this series. 1/5 LOL
Sep 27, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
LMAOOO. I don't even watch this show I just came here to see how much hate this would get.
Sep 27, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2012
This series started out alright for me. The artwork was great and it appeared to be a nice, slow-paced teenage romance, which I enjoy at least every once in a while.

Then it just went completely off track. I no longer understood what was going on, and while some of the developments had a lot of potential, they were never realized. This episode could've featured Yukinari having a real conversation with Yanagi about his feelings and/or Kakeru promising Touko something before he departed to at least have the series end on a good note. But no. Whatever the future will be, we're left with no clue as to how to interpret it. By the time the episode ended I realized this series never went off track. The train was meant to be wrecked to begin with.
Sep 27, 2014 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
Nothing but more complicated plots and nothingness...a usual episode in glasslip.

Touka and David ended up spending the last few moments together by throwing beads into the earth

And David was no longer and decided to go with his mother (believe so he woukdnt hurt touka anymore?)

Im glad the show is over but I will rate it a 5/10, the complicated story and plot is what brought it down.

Besides the animation quality, great soundtrack and character voices, there was no use for me to really finish the show, 5/10 PA Works....5/10

Sep 27, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Well, at least the last episode wasn't totally out of line with the rest like many shows like to do. Everyone stayed "in character" and nothing happend, like usual.

For me, the problem was with that nothing happend, even though they repeadetely hinted at stuff, and the story was rather random and erratic. Instead of moving forward in one way or the other (that can involve characters moving backwards, like, breaking up again etc.), they didn't really do anything. They didn't really get together, so no actual breaking up. Kakeru was always kinda fleeting, with him staying in a tent, sporadically showing up etc., so him moving away didn't really change anything either..

Not even Sachi and Hiro moved forward for real. They are dating on a low flame, with him reading books at her place or them watching the fireworks - at her place, not actually going there etc. She also never came to his place, they didn't kiss, they didn't really talk about their relationship, she never went to his place..they went hiking once, thats it. Basically, they are hanging out at her place, but thats it. If they'd were playing video games or basketball or something, nobody would think of them as being in a relationship, but just friends.
Sep 27, 2014 7:32 PM
Oct 2013
I'm not sure if anyone posted this on MAL yet, but posting it anyways.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2hfo2a/spoilers_glasslip_episode_13_final_discussion/ckses23

The analysis made me reconsider the anime, but, like the people in the reddit forum said, the execution was very poor. Every episode was pain lol.

[EDIT]: I just noticed that the reddit links back to MAL (Not_Cake pointed it out actually). Wow, I feel like an idiot.
blugloomerJan 14, 2015 6:45 PM
Sep 27, 2014 7:59 PM
Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
THAT WAS FUCKING NOTHING

Hit the nail on the head lol
Sep 27, 2014 9:28 PM
Jun 2013
aiishi said:
I'm not sure if anyone posted this on MAL yet, but posting it anyways.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2hfo2a/spoilers_glasslip_episode_13_final_discussion/ckses23

The analysis made me reconsider the anime, but, like the people in the reddit forum said, the execution was very poor. Every episode was pain lol.
Linking to a reddit post that links back to MAL, lol
Sep 27, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
The girl has schizophrenia.. Her mother even said she sees things and schizophrenia is a hereditary disorder..
Sep 28, 2014 12:49 AM

Dec 2010
cometta222 said:
this is my understanding; so, kakeru decided to follow his mother, but no matter apart they are, they can still see and hear each other. kakeru wont be alone anymore.
This would be my guess too. After all Touko's father proposed her mother during a meteor shower and Kakeru's mother was travelling the world her whole life but was still with his father, so I guess that's hinting that they are still together as well.

1. Characters. +1. The cast was pretty decent in my opinion, I was interested enought to follow the show just to to watch their stories developing. Favorite character? Should be Hiro probably. Least favorite? Jonathan I guess it'd be Kakeru's mother, it's her fault her son leads such a difficult life.
2. Atmosphere. +1. It was good enough for a SOL. While the summer atmosphere was decent, the winter setting felt so much better though.
3. OST. +1. A pretty unusual soundtrack. Can't say I liked it that much, but it gives the anime more of a recognizable feel(though not that much).
4. Animation. Can't say it was anything impressing at all and the quality was especially bad at times.
5. Background story. Was there one? Maybe Kakeru's Sudden Expected Loneliness.
6. Storyline. There wasn't much story development at all even until the very end. Even the relationships barely developed for 13 episodes.
7. Ending. It should have had a much better impact, and that might hav saved the anime from all the hateposts it got. While something did happen it was hinted so subtle that even you caught it, it felt really lacking.
8. Drama. +1. While the drama was nonexistant not much for most of the time, Kakeru's Sudden Expected Loneliness was actually sad, especially when we experienced it through Touko.
9. Overall affect. A summertime friendship story. It's not that it was really bad. It really missed the impact it could have had. I can't say that I'll remember it with much because of this.
Overall score: 4/10. I don't regret watching it. I regret the laziness behind the execution.

I guess it's time to pick a better SOL to watch now.
MeritasSep 28, 2014 12:52 AM
Sep 28, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
USELESS! as a Completionist... will STILL delete this from the hard drive.
3/10 only cuz of the background art visuals.

Sep 28, 2014 1:30 AM

Sep 2010
WTF....

5/10
Sep 28, 2014 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
...I'm not sure if literally nothing happened or I just don't understand whats happening...I think I just got lost when they started dropping the fragments of the future on me.
Sep 28, 2014 3:33 AM
May 2014
wut?

i had no idea what this show is about

is it about chickens or pointless glass?
Sep 28, 2014 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
Horrendous anime but I could thumb up for marvellous artwork of this anime, Glasslip. Hope your company can improve your experience on get more idea.
Sep 28, 2014 5:09 AM

May 2010
The best we got out of this anime was finding out who the chickens were named after.
Sep 28, 2014 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
A shit last episode for a shit anime. Waste of time, wont miss this shit for sure. 2/10 just for the first copule of eps that made me curious and for the art work
Sep 28, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Chill kids, give it another 5 or 10 years to fix your immature then rewatch this again. By then maybe your brain with more life experience will start to receive some sense from this anime. Some people here only read comments and vote result to judge, man you sucks so bad, don't go with the flow of majority hater, have your own opinion, play detective to solve the given mystery.
Stuffs that get your mind blown might just be one of the best, the anime industry definitely needs more works like this.
Sep 28, 2014 11:32 AM
Sep 2011
I have to say that this episode isn't the best and I expected a lot more for the finale but that doesn't mean that I don't like this anime but I understand why people are disappointed with this show

They made the anime too complex and confusing and they tried to add a lot of symbolism to an already slow paced anime.

But I think that people are being way too harsh on this show.It doesn't deserve such low ratings like 1 or 3 .This anime is not the best P.A works series and it's far from being the anime of the year but it does have some very interesting ideas and dialogue.I just think that the writers didn't know how to make the ideas more clear to the viewers.

This is the kind of anime you need to watch many times in order to understand the ideas and themes behind it.

This episode did have some touching moments like the conversation between Touko and kakuro and I also liked how they gave us hints that Touko's Mum had the same ability as Touko

I will give this show a 7/10 because it did make think about the themes and I really love the animation and the classical music .
RozalthiricSep 28, 2014 11:35 AM
Sep 28, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2010
He didn't stay in the end? Rip off!

and This show was too confusing. -.-;
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
I saw this guy give his analysis on this ep on reddit. what do you guys think? {Quote by soulelle}

{And quote by rodac}

i thought this cleared up ALOT. lol
Sep 28, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2009
Lume37 said:
I saw this guy give his analysis on this ep on reddit. what do you guys think? {Quote by soulelle}

{And quote by rodac}

Thank you for the quotes. Actually, I think the same thing about this show. I admit that I didn't understand a thing at the beginning, but the atmosphere pulled me in. But I soon realized what the show was about BECAUSE I could relate to it. So I think it might be a bit confusing to those that don't tend to think much (no offense intended) when watching anime.
I enjoyed the series quite a bit although there were some unneccesary additions.
Animation was fabulous, so was the OST. Characters themselves were rather dull, but isn't it what makes them realistic?
I think I might actually rewatch it because ther might be something interesting I have missed.

All that aside, I think that P.A. Works should have properly presented the show instead of it being a supernatural teen romance, because that draws a particular audience for it which was a big mistake.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Sep 28, 2014 2:56 PM
Sep 28, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
Well it ended the way it started with little conclusion
Every day life keeps going on for the wealthy youngsters
It wasn't the greatest thing this summer, but I've enjoyed the decor and Touko's antiques mostly for the first half

Probably the only thing to learn from this which occurs to me is to act normal towards newcomers, new people in your neighbourhood
To be isolated and ending as an outcast can be painful which Kakeru might have been experiencing in the past

I would say this was near "Tari Tari", though that one was most of the time more cheerful
Glasslip was beautiful with a nice OP song and it was above "RDG" at least
Sep 28, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
Well, I don't know what to say. Aside from the beautiful OST and the animation, the characters were "meh", the plot was... Slightly there.
The middle section was the best, the end (last 2-3 episodes) were pretty boring for me.
Sep 28, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
The ending made me feel like Kakeru wasn't there all along... Oh well, 9/10 because of Jonathan & the OST.
Sep 28, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
Lume37 said:

{And quote by rodac}

Woah, someone actually tried to make sense of this show?
The show was billed as a fantasy SOL. We watched over 12 episodes whereby they promoted the fantastic ability of "future fragments", only to fuck it all over in the last episode by having the mom go "I used to have that ability" and basically that none of the crap that they saw was real, so does that mean that the family has a hereditary case of schizophrenia? So once the females of the family reach a certain age, they start "seeing things" and should probably be put into an asylum but won't because they live in a small town where they keep to themselves?

Execution for this show was complete shit. Yeah they had great art. But the scenes had little to no continuity. Each episode could have been a separate anime short film. There was little to no development, be it romantically or anything else. In the end everything came full circle... no wait, I mean everything just went back to square one. Everyone continued on with their lives with slight changes to certain character's personalities, no more, no less. Even Kakeru just left the town (for those who thought it was Touko waiting in the cafe, check again, that was so obviously Hiro's sister), or maybe he was never actually there... woah mindfucked...

I would have been so much more happier if they did go with the "Future visions" route, I mean, at least then we'd sort of know that the last conversation between Touko and Kakaeru that had some sort of finality to it, would mean that after he meets them up for winter fireworks, that he'll still end up falling from a high place and maybe dying in the end.

Seriously, this show wasn't philosophical or even symbolic. It was just a poorly executed, directionless load of crap.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 28, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
Shoulda dropped the series when I had the chance. My fault for thinking it had some potential after the first few episodes.
Sep 28, 2014 8:53 PM

Oct 2010
"What is the nasty smell"?! Oh, wait, its this horrible mindfuck of an anime.
Sep 28, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
almost fell asleep while watching the last 2 episode~
Sep 28, 2014 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
It's finally over!
Sep 28, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
Wild_Lynx said:
Chill kids, give it another 5 or 10 years to fix your immature then rewatch this again. By then maybe your brain with more life experience will start to receive some sense from this anime. Some people here only read comments and vote result to judge, man you sucks so bad, don't go with the flow of majority hater, have your own opinion, play detective to solve the given mystery.
Stuffs that get your mind blown might just be one of the best, the anime industry definitely needs more works like this.

Yeah, right, what anime needs are more pretentious shows who try to be artistic but completely fail at the execution of simple concepts.
I really don't know which one is more pretentious, this anime or your post.
Sep 29, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2014
Okikura-kun went emo on Touka...he just went with his "sudden loneliness" sickness
talk about crap...the ending ruined the whole series...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 29, 2014 3:33 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I basically forced myself finish up the last three episodes of this series and while I've finally done the impossible, my head is hurting from the incomprehensible crap that I've just had to watch.

The art of this show is basically at the standard that I would expect of PA Works which is great since it looks good but considering the animation, story (ha), and characters were all flaming piles of shit streaking across my screen as I watched, I didn't have a good time.

For some people, Glasslip might be incredibly deep and insightful but the rest of us who missed all the "signs"' that the director was lobbing over our heads, this was just boring as fuck. Oh the OP theme was pretty good though.

3/10
Sep 29, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2014
Lacertoss said:
Wild_Lynx said:

Yeah, right, what anime needs are more pretentious shows who try to be artistic but completely fail at the execution of simple concepts.

There's nothing pretentious about this dude. You just like and are walking on a straight road with no obstruction, no curve all the way to goal. Your definition of "fail" is something you see for your first time and can't understand, then compare it to your other considered "standard good".
Sep 29, 2014 6:19 AM

Jan 2011
The ending would have been better if this was a normal slice of life comedy about the new kid in town instead of a boring romantic drama that attempted to be philosophical, or you know if I cared about the characters in the slightest.
Sep 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
I see some people trying to act all cool becuase they ''understand'' the anime.
Fisrt, even if the anime had some kind of message, like Touko and Okikura don't need to be together since they will met again in the future, and etc.

That doesn't change the fact that the concept, the story, and the development, was bad executed.
The ''visions'' started as fragments of the future, and one or two things happened, then it was some random visions with no porpose, and then it was an alrenate reality.

And lot's of background story happening off screen, like when Touko and Okikura started dating, it just happened from one episode to another, or why Yanagi started running on Yukis place, etc...

Things were bad executed and explained, ence the confusion of at least 70% of the people that saw this.
Sep 29, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
Only Yanagi with that huge amount of hotness made me keep watching this pile of crap show.
Sep 29, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2014
Wild_Lynx said:
Lacertoss said:

There's nothing pretentious about this dude. You just like and are walking on a straight road with no obstruction, no curve all the way to goal. Your definition of "fail" is something you see for your first time and can't understand, then compare it to your other considered "standard good".
Now you sound even more pretentious.
Sep 29, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
T3hSource said:
Wild_Lynx said:

Now you sound even more pretentious.

Narrow minded in a little brain.
Sep 29, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
alright finally got around to watching it. 4/10. im sure this anime could be great to some as it depicts teenagers transitioning into their adults selves. but please, feed me this information, i dont want to work for it. it's not the reason why i watch anime. i want to be guided to a finale, and enjoy the ride after a nice hard day's of work. playing sherlock holmes is not my idea of entertainment. disappointed at pa works for maybe creating a show too next level for me.
Sep 29, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
Silver4000 said:
I see some people trying to act all cool becuase they ''understand'' the anime.
It's not even about understanding it. Glasslip is so vague that most of it is left open to interpretation. It's just that some people decided they wanted to inquire a little further to see if there was a method behind the madness. It's far more commendable than coming here to rehash the whole "this is shit 1/10 nothing happens omg not on par with nagiasu P.A. Worst!"

I used to play a game where every time a new boss, quest, or content was released, people who couldn't beat or completely utilize it on day 1 flocked to the forums to bash it and call it a failure. That's exactly what Glasslip's episode discussion looks like to me. Too many are stopping at the surface and proclaiming that as absolute law.

But I do agree that Glasslip suffers from poor execution and in an attempt to be artistic became too abstract for its own good. I thought it had lots of interesting ideas but weren't fully realized and required too much interpretation to the point where it's like I was co-writing this story myself. I still see it as a 6/10 though, even if I somehow fully comprehended the author's vision I wouldn't give it any more credit than that. After all, understanding is not enjoyment by default.
Sep 29, 2014 10:12 PM
Jul 2012
This show was totally pointless and boring, they tried to pass hidden messages but the plot is too small and this kind of storytelling doesn't fit it. Boring and plain, not a single good point about this show.
Sep 30, 2014 12:31 AM
May 2014
Total trash, one of the worst animes in the past few seasons
Sep 30, 2014 3:28 AM

Nov 2013
Wow Glasslip's rating is really tanking. It's already in the 5s and it's still dropping.

Sep 30, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah guys, you just don't get it, this is the Evangelion of SoL.
Sep 30, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2014
Wild_Lynx said:
I rather be a "narrow minded fool" than being condescending to others for not getting a "deep" show with extremely flawed execution. I can also make allegories about life by watching paint dry and taking it as an example.
Sep 30, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
T3hSource said:
Wild_Lynx said:
I rather be a "narrow minded fool" than being condescending to others for not getting a "deep" show with extremely flawed execution. I can also make allegories about life by watching paint dry and taking it as an example.

Then stick with your category at the bottom rather than climbing up just to show the world you didn't get any. Is this masochist or stupidity ? Both.
Sep 30, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Worst anime of the season
Sep 30, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
Im so confused guys with the glasslip Its like i never seen this anime just what are those future fragments exactly in final episode its like "ok its just future fragments everybody can see it"WTH,So the point on this anime is everything is fate i dont get it can someone help me?
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.