Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that escalated...
Now the espers are mounting a direct attack against the government. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rinka did pretty well with all that training against all the espers. I'm proud of her. The pacing felt fast this episode but cool to see Rinka and her friends fight back. About damn time. Wb Peggy. If they're going go with Rinka vs. Minami judging by the end there, I just hope it doesn't rush it too much.
Sep 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Finally we are back to the Prologue where the parliament house had been occupied by the ESP Terrorist. So it means the start was actually already the near ending?

And now we are closed to the ending of the first arc and it would be next week. But I hope we get the second arc animated soon.

Stark700 said:
The pacing felt fast this episode but cool to see Rinka and her friends fight back.

Of course it felt fast since we already seen that on the very first episode. They don't need to show it again.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 19, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
Oh snap, Kagura and Yomi appear again! lol only briefly though. Would be a nice cross over between this and Ga Rei Zero.

I didn't expect animals to get powers too. That's cool though, well on second thought not really. Flying sharks is no bueno.

Seeing all of these terrorists powers like, wow, such a waste on bad people.

Rinka's still bad ass with no powers. haha love it.

aww such a cute bird. wanting a mate. :) <3

And we're back to episode 1 :). such a classic move.

at the end it worked out with the good espers and the government working together. It's a nice sight to see. as always..

*mirakuru*

Peggy so kawaii!

and Minami vs Rinka at the end...oh my damn. I love the ED tho <3<3

edit:
Rayzer said:
Finally we are back to the Prologue where the parliament house had been occupied by the ESP Terrorist. So it means the start was actually already the near ending?

And now we are closed to the ending of the first arc and it would be next week. But I hope we get the second arc animated soon.

Yes that's usually how they do it. Grab your attention with the first few episodes showing the peak of the show, then going to the start, slowly getting to the peak again...and here we are :). Same as Ga rei Zero. Love it.
MoonXArtemisSep 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Sep 19, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Animals having powers too!
The espers taking the parliament building.
Rinka seems so much stronger now to be able to beat all those espers without her powers.
Liked the scene with the dad trying to stop Rinka.
A fraction of the police joins force with the good espers to rescue the hostages in parliament!
Using magnetic powers to levitate the bus and ram into the building.
A one-on-on fight is starting!
Sep 19, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
We finally back to the event of the prologue.

This episode is the best one so far. Even Rinka fought the Esper terrorists without her esper power, she is still a badass.
Sep 19, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2010
And that's how the circle went a full round :3

It was a nice ride from the prologue to here.

Nice idea Azuma came up with using a raft to rest :)

Rinka owning even without her power was BA.

Nxt ep Should be fun.
Sep 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
And we are back to the first episode!
Looks like the climax is coming, can't wait for it.
Sep 19, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
At least the ending song is nice.
Sep 19, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome, I liked this episode.
Azuma, that's was clever, and got a pet as well LOL
I just wonder how he is gonna help Pelico find a love one......
Rinka badass as usual..........
I love whenever Murasaki use his powers to fight. It is always hilarious.......
Sep 19, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
So powerless Rinka is suddenly able to take out both chicks who effortlessly mopped the floor with her just a few episodes ago? I find this hard to process...
Otherwise alright episode.
Sep 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
So powerless Rinka is suddenly able to take out both chicks who effortlessly mopped the floor with her just a few episodes ago? I find this hard to process...

pretty much. if they handled the school scene differently this would have been fine but going from absolutly zero chance to easily beating them like this...

was a good episode
Sep 19, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
More or less an all-right episode. Hope for a decent ending :)
Sep 19, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
well this was pretty fast but whatever i think it was decent
i'm glad that the story is now back (almost) to the episode #1

good to see kagura and yomi :333
Sep 19, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
So, every good guy who is around Rinka suddenly becomes useless so that she can look awesome and take out two guys who couldn't be taken down by trained guys with guns, uh? I can't be the only one who thinks that most bad guys shown could be easily killed as long as you stay away and shoot them. Stll, I guess that's asking a bit too much of this anime, and I have the feeling the ending isn't going to make this anime much better.
Sep 19, 2014 3:19 PM
Mar 2014

:D
Sep 19, 2014 3:58 PM
Sep 2012
Tengoku_no_hakai said:

Well.....she did have a plan and Master Roshi this time.
Sep 19, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
So we are back on episode 1, although it felt different on this episode. I don't really get on why Rinka is much more coordinate on her attacks without her ESP powers. That was pretty weird tbh and I don't really get that.

Well to some of this episode, pretty straight forward episode, just a lot of action and continued off from the 1st episode. That 1 on 1 fight looked pretty intense for next week. The animation is mostly off, like the action scenes, which is the same issue from the previous episode.

Sep 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
I hope Rinka beats Minami into something that resembles a wet prune. Minami is on my last good nerve.
Papa Urushiba = SEXY!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 19, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2013
They plan to eliminate the Professor? They've got to be kidding!

While everything in Episode 1 is happening, Azuma is being helped by Pelico.

Rinka easily defeated Blonde Girl and Chinese Girl with the help of Master Panda.
Wolverine and Telekinetic Shield Man helped in boarding the floating island.

Peggy has been saved and Minami's going up against Rinka.
I wonder how this entire thing will be concluded.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 19, 2014 7:16 PM
Oct 2011
11 episodes later, we're finally out of the flashback and back in the present :D
Sep 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this episode! I also like how we were brought full circle back to where the series started!

I really hope that Rinka destroys Minami in the final episode!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 19, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Seeing Yomi and Kagura made me happy and as a result, I was less critical and picky this episode :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 19, 2014 8:04 PM

Oct 2011
Rinka beat them without her powers OMG. Awesome!!!!

Rinka vs Minami YES!!!!!

Peggy x Pelico <33
Sep 19, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
Hey! It's nice to see Space Dandy working outside of his own series :)
Sep 19, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2013
Finally, we are in the present now. That was sweet.

I am excited on what will happen in the last episode. And how Azuma will find a lover for Pelico (I hope its Peggy, jk)
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 19, 2014 10:42 PM

Jun 2014
FINALLY! They fight back! It was getting so horribly boring watching Rinka get her ass kicked.
And wtf, they never explain those power suits at all do they? What are they? What do they do?
But hey, a bit of an uplifting episode finally, good enough for me!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 20, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2013
It looks to me that this episode is a continuation of episode 1. Rinka still doesn't have her ESP powers back. Azuma is on his way back with a pelican named Pelico. Haha! He'll probably team up with Rinka soon and defeat the Professor. The cliffhanger, Rinka vs Minami should be good. Last episode next week.
Sep 20, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
IT'S PAYBACK TIME !!!!
http://postimg.org/image/z8s1twpiz
Sep 20, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
That was a strange turn of events!

Pacing seemed fast when they saved the hostages so quickly and the leader just left, I thought his plan was to take control not to take control and then say screw it and leave (Annnnd I could be wrong I haven't read the manga of this show)

Like how Rinka is more of a badass without her power, she did a lot more ass kicking then she did before, looks like the training did payoff!

Sep 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, not sure how Rinka got so much stronger.
Some of the scenes were confusing.
Sep 20, 2014 11:04 PM
Jan 2013
SirloinDrop said:
So, every good guy who is around Rinka suddenly becomes useless so that she can look awesome and take out two guys who couldn't be taken down by trained guys with guns, uh? I can't be the only one who thinks that most bad guys shown could be easily killed as long as you stay away and shoot them. Stll, I guess that's asking a bit too much of this anime, and I have the feeling the ending isn't going to make this anime much better.

I don't know if youhave read the manga, but I would give it a skim if I were you. I honestly think that this anime has done a sub-par job at depicting the story and the information regarding the powers. She actually receives training with the panda and some of the inmates in fighting. That's how she can fight against the women with her eyes closed. Something about reading ki.
Sep 21, 2014 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
Good ep. Rinka shower scene. Rinka kicking ass. Sexy Minami. I'm content. Idk how well or poorly this was adapted, but depending on how it ends I would like to see a second season.

It wasn't too good or too bad. Pretty average, but it had its gruesome moments and some solid fight scenes. Tid bits of fan service were icing on the cake.

Onward to the finale!
Sep 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
kvnstv1 said:
SirloinDrop said:

I don't know if youhave read the manga, but I would give it a skim if I were you. I honestly think that this anime has done a sub-par job at depicting the story and the information regarding the powers. She actually receives training with the panda and some of the inmates in fighting. That's how she can fight against the women with her eyes closed. Something about reading ki.

Yeah, I haven't read the manga, but still, I think most characters are unlikeable (maybe because the anime skipped some character development in the manga?) and the situation in itself is pretty ridiculous. So, the Professor doesn't kill the only thing that can steal powers because it would let some fish free...despite the fact that he himself had previously released fishes randomly? And the whole "we're a different, better race than humans" doesn't feel right to me when you're exactly the same as everybody else but had a glowing fish randomly enter your body. Anyways, thanks for the explanation about that one.
Sep 21, 2014 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
This was another episode that was supposed to be full of thrill & excitement, yet due to the piss-poor execution it came off as on of the weaker ones. It felt almost cartoonish tbh and also, is it just me or are is the sound severely lacking? I mean,gunshots, explosions, kicks, punches and other powers,etc all seem to lack impact. Maybe it’s a nitpick but along with the lackluster animation, it contributes to making the action scenes less exciting…But IMO, the biggest problem has always been what the anime decided to do with Kyouratou, which is that he feels so uninvolved in the entire second half of the story. His relationship & interactions with Rinka were something the anime could’ve EASILY gotten right, no matter the lack of time & budged it had and it would’ve been a big + to the show but alas, stupid decisions are stupid.

All the complaints aside, the fact that I find Rinka so awesome and cheer on her & Kyoutarou makes me still find the show somewhat enjoyable. Oh well, I’ll be free to read the manga after next week anyway where I’ll get all my Rinka & Kyoutarou moments, along with seeing this story properly executed in it's entirety.
Sep 21, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
The ass-pull is strong in this episode.

Rinka had her training and powers long before her fight with Minami, and lost gloriously. This time around she manages to beat the crap out of every single opponent that beat her up last time even without any powers? All because she did a little prison time? I'm not buying it. Then the biggest ass-pull, Azuma getting flown into town by a friggin stork??? Are you shittin' me? Why didn't that stork show up at the beginning of his time on the island? Why only when the final climactic battle begins?

This show ridicules itself so much that I really can't take even a second of it seriously.

The black widow wannabe is still A-Okay in my books though. She and her evil sister are pretty damn hot.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 21, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
Rinka suddenly back very strong even without his powers, Kyoutarou also coming back with a heron?
Only one more episode, I want to see how the anime will end ..
Sep 21, 2014 7:35 PM

Mar 2009
Loved this episode, I'm glad they didn't repeat anything from episode 1.
I like pelico & master roshi more than peggy, I guess I like talking animals =O

I was so happy when Rinks beat up the chinese b**** & her annoying blonde friend.
Ga-Rei zero <3

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 21, 2014 10:35 PM

Apr 2010
Wow that was horrid. She can't beat anyone with powers, but without she can take out multiple espers. Utter garbage, absolutely terrible.

If this was 2 cour I'd drop this right now . But since there's 1 more ep I'll finish it.
Sep 21, 2014 11:35 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, Rinka is kicking ass... and finally fighting Minami.

And Azuma is making progress getting there. Hahaha.

I wonder how they will wrap this up though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
antonnn said:
Wow that was horrid. She can't beat anyone with powers, but without she can take out multiple espers. Utter garbage, absolutely terrible.

If this was 2 cour I'd drop this right now . But since there's 1 more ep I'll finish it.

Well, it had a rather nice first ep, THEN it started being bad, but it wasn't bad enough you'd want to drop it, instead hoping that it would get better. Now you can't drop it because it's almost over and it would feel like wasted time, so you're forced to watch something that is complete garbage. Wanna bet on whether the last episode makes it any better?
Sep 22, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2012
The anime keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see Rinka and Minami fight

antonnn said:

Maybe her fighting skills improved or maybe she is more serious this time

You are hating an anime for very trivial reason, anyway.
Sep 22, 2014 8:32 AM

Oct 2009
Lol so she's actually stronger now without her powers? I bet she does some ass-pull and beats Minami.

verbicide said:

^At least seeing them again made me happy ;D
Sep 22, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2012
Don't forget that blond chick can't use her esper power in the dark without lights. And as for Chinese woman, the white girl changed her trajectory before she shoots. She used her brain to beat these two. I don't see any problem with that.

Hating anime because you can't figure out how she beat two esper sound like dumbest reason to hate an anime. Something like that has no impact on my enjoyment of this anime.
Sep 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
thepath said:
Don't forget that blond chick can't use her esper power in the dark without lights. And as for Chinese woman, the white girl changed her trajectory before she shoots. She used her brain to beat these two. I don't see any problem with that.

Hating anime because you can't figure out how she beat two esper sound like dumbest reason to hate an anime. Something like that has no impact on my enjoyment of this anime.

So, mind explaining to me why the bad animation, the shallow characters, the rushed story, the bad attempt at romance, the sheer absurdity of some scenes and the ass pulls shouldn't dull my enjoyment on this anime?
It's not about complaining for the sake of complaining, it's just not accepting and liking shit, because we can think this is trash, and it does a damn good job at making me think it sucks. If you like it and overlook these things, fine, but don't criticise other people who don't.
And please, drop that high and mighty attitude, this is a forum meant to post our opinions ._.
Sep 22, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2012
SirloinDrop said:
thepath said:

So, mind explaining to me why the bad animation, the shallow characters, the rushed story, the bad attempt at romance, the sheer absurdity of some scenes and the ass pulls shouldn't dull my enjoyment on this anime?

What are those ass pulls and some stupid scene you are talking about ?! Maybe you are thinking too hard about the anime to find some few flaws (which probably exist in many other anime anyway).

As anime only watcher, the story did not feel rushed to me. At least it is not as mush as Tokyo Ghoul (and I still liked that anime despite being rushed, and even you gave it 7/10)

Bad animation ? It didn't look bad. Maybe not great. But not sure why animation would have big impact on enjoyment.

Plus noting you mentioned is relevant to my comment about the fighting scene in this particular episode.

SirloinDrop said:

It's not about complaining for the sake of complaining, it's just not accepting and liking shit, because we can think this is trash, and it does a damn good job at making me think it sucks. If you like it and overlook these things, fine, but don't criticise other people who don't.
And please, drop that high and mighty attitude, this is a forum meant to post our opinions ._.

I was only criticizing people for their comment about the fighting scene in this particular episode which I personally consider it very trivial thing, but many people made a big deal out of it. You might as well hate all anime that has magic because magic is not realistic. I have right to criticize anyone opinion. This discussion forum after all. There is no need to make things personal. No one even forcing you reply to my comment.

Not to mention that the fight in this episode is not even an ass pull like people like to make it because of this
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/636x361q90/661/TcVZLy.jpg and
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/854x507q50/674/K35cJN.jpg

Figuring your opponent weakness is another way to beat them. It doesn't sound an ass pull to me, it is not like other anime were characters suddenly power up in the middle of the battle.
thepathSep 22, 2014 11:55 AM
Sep 22, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
thepath said:
What are those ass pulls and some stupid scene you are talking about ?! Maybe you are thinking too hard about the anime to find some few flaws (which probably exist in many other anime anyway).

As anime only watcher, the story did not feel rushed to me. At least it is not as mush as Tokyo Ghoul (and I still liked that anime despite being rushed, and even you gave it 7/10)

Things like someone thinking a personal vendetta against the government justifies mass murder, and having it shown as if it was a symphatetic and understandable character is one of the things in this anime that I just can't let pass, other things, like the MC suddenly becoming stronger and taking out bare handed two dangerous criminal who (and I can't stress this hard enough) couldn't be defeated by people who have been trained and have freaking guns. About the stupid scenes, I admit this one is subjective, but that freaking bird suddenly appearing...

About it being rushed, I've never read the manga myself, I just think that character interactions feel rushed. And another thing: X person has A mindset, X person meets Rinka, X person's mindset changes, X person stays like that after that. That is not character development, at least not for me.

And since you say I didn't comment about the fight in this episode, so now Rinka can fight in the dark with her eyes closed, surely she has always known how to do that, and it looks pretty easy, right?

thepath said:
I was only criticizing people for their comment about the fighting scene in this particular episode which I personally consider it very trivial thing, but many people made a big deal out of it. You might as well hate all anime that has magic because magic is not realistic. I have right to criticize anyone opinion. This discussion forum after all. There is no need to make things personal. No one even forcing you reply to my comment.

The fight is not the problem, it's just the last straw for some. And about you criticising other people's opinions, fair enough, do as you please.
SirloinDropSep 22, 2014 3:18 PM
Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2012
Oh.
So they FINALLY went back to what happened in episode one.....
Woot, finally. xD
This made the anime a lot better now, I guess. :/

But now.....We have to wait a week to see the final episode! D: Rawr! For once, I finally wanna see the next episode of this anime. xD

An epic battle between Rinka and Minami.....and what about Azuma? And the plans for the bad Espers to take over Tokyo? What about the Professor? Where is he going to? O-O

All of this....in the final episode.......HOPEFULLY!
Sep 22, 2014 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
Shaggy, 5 o'clock shadow Azuma is an improvement. Less derp.
Go Rinka! Her dad is so cool too! XD
Sep 23, 2014 5:44 AM

Oct 2013
rinka seems to be better than when she had her powers......
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 23, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2013
Bheaze said:
rinka seems to be better than when she had her powers......

I thought so too. Probably because she relied too much on her powers before.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.