Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Jun 2012
am i the only one that feels lisa is totally worthless. she frreakin pisses me off. its like 9 and 12 were too overpowering so they had to put a useless element to even out the odds. cant believe he betrayed 9 twice and did five die or did she just passed out. because i think they are all dying arent they because of what the old man said.
Sep 11, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2013
Chabe said:
Anyone got a reason why twelve just couldn't lie about the location of the bomb?
Thought not, cause there isn't one.

If Twelve had lied about it, Five would have him and Lisa killed afterwards.
Sep 11, 2014 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
ph4zoN said:
Chabe said:
Anyone got a reason why twelve just couldn't lie about the location of the bomb?
Thought not, cause there isn't one.

If Twelve had lied about it, Five would have him and Lisa killed afterwards.

Ha, that's funny. No.
Sep 11, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2010
12 is a traitor, disappointed...
Sep 11, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2014
12 you damn traitor! UGH, so mad! I hope 9 never forgives this fool.
Sep 11, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
Niceeeeeeee episode!!!
Original Anime is great ... spoiler don't go anywhere

That OST .... the feels ....
Sep 11, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2009
So, I'm guessing this has been brought up before, but in the flashbacks to the institute there's a little kid that resembles Lisa a lot. Like, a whole lot.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is Nine, because why else would he get so much screen time. And he's shown standing next to Twelve and was in that escape scene in one of the previous flashbacks as well. Of course, the resemblance could be a total coincidence, but let's be honest, it's probably not (and it would be lazy character design if it were). That brings up the question whether or not Nine and Lisa are related. And if they are, in what way? (I feel like this has been discussed before elsewhere. My apologies if it has) And if Dr. Mamiya turns out to be Lisa's father (which is pretty likely), then that would mean Lisa actually does have some relevance to the overall plot (which is way better than just being a simple plot device).

Oh, and man, those feels during that ferris wheel scene T^T But what got me more was how totally broken Twelve looked after realising he had betrayed Nine a second time.
Sep 11, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Excellent episode! That Ferris wheel disarming scene was one on the most intense scene I have seen in anime. Great background music. Great character developement. Somehow this one reminded me of Monster.

Now I am very interested in what happenes next. Five stayed longer in the Institute than them. She took more lethal dose of drug. Her end is near, though it's not this time. Confrontation is coming. It seems she always envy them that they got away.

Guess this will end like Blade Runner: "How long we have left? We don't know. But we should enjoy every last of it."
Sep 11, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
Intense episode. Pretty cool that they decided to make the guy who ended up ruining Shibazaki the same person who's messing up shet now :|

Bloody hell. That ferris wheel scene was beautiful. And that OST = never ending eargasm.
Honestly, so over the whole damsel-in-distress thing Lisa has going on x_x
And Twelve. ARRRGH. Why. Just why. Was never a fan of the whole Twelve x Lisa pairing to begin with, but still. So annoying that he's letting a girl come between him and Nine. Looks like Nine is flying solo now :(
I'm sure there must have been a better way to do things.
Blowing up stuff by day. Going home to Mai Waifu Lisa by night. Balance, man, balance.

Pretty evident that Five was dying. Generally, in anime, migraines/nose bleeds signal imminent death. But Nine and Twelve too? Nooooo ;_;

Other than that, a pretty wicked episode. Hopefully they'll maintain this quality for the last 2 episodes (last 2 :'( )

Nero-chi said:
In unrelated news, I daresay one of those kids at the institute looks like a theoretical child Lisa.

^^I know right??? And in the end, Lisa was the mastermind behind it all...
KawaiiSenpaiiSep 11, 2014 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2014
That songggggg, ahhh. Is Lisa even going to matter at all? Don't really like her. Thought she would somehow play a bigger role in all this this. Nine probably knew what would happen.
Sep 11, 2014 5:23 PM

Oct 2013
drugs, human experiment, death and bastard people, even Shibazaki mentioned about Auschwitz, and i just remember about Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
Sep 11, 2014 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
God that 20 minutes went by fast.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2013
KaedeKyl9 said:
drugs, human experiment, death and bastard people, even Shibazaki mentioned about Auschwitz, and i just remember about Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

An interesting find!
Sep 11, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2014
I personally found this episode both beautiful and tragic.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 11, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2013
Why the fuck did Five pass while crying? someone wants Mr. Nine
Sep 11, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
Twelve didn't follow the bro code. Bros before hoes, man!

The ferris wheel scene kept me on the edge of my seat. I was practically screaming at my screen: "Don't kill my OTP!" Dat insert song was really fitting.
Sep 11, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2010
OTP moment. Thank you very much. <3

Again, this episode only lasted about 5 mins for me, I had to check and make sure it was a 21 min video for realz.

Loving this series, just hope the ending doesn't disappoint. >.<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 11, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
you learn something new everyday, and today we learn about savant syndrome, but damn 5,9,12 will die soon because of that experimental drug

this whole episode is an info dump and i love it
Sep 11, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2013
Nine shota bears a resemblance to Lisa O.o
Sep 11, 2014 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Kept me at the edge of my seat that ferris wheel part.
Sep 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
Anmoly97 said:
Why the fuck did Five pass while crying?

the old man says the experimented orphans will not live long, and 5 (along with 9 and 12) is one of those orphans so i guess she is about to die lol
Sep 11, 2014 6:53 PM
Oct 2010
Well, this is the info dump I was expecting but I do expect another to happen since there's more to clear up. 5s position in the US government doesn't seem to add up considering what the experiments were.. and as stated they all failed so I don't know why the US government would invest their time and money into five (especially considering they know she will die soon) but whatever.

Seems nine and twelve had no idea they stole a prototype nuclear bomb, I suppose the idea was to make people think they were capable of making a bomb and then force the government to confess their crimes about the athena project. Seems reasonable enough, show you are willing to use force then escalate the threat to nuclear level and you will probably get the government to loosen their tongues about the incident.

Lastly, I could help but feel annoyed by lisa again and twelve this time as well. Firstly because Lisa went from irrelevant background character into plot device and because five so easily betrayed twelve. I guess twelve wanted to experience something nice for once which is why he went around with Lisa all those times but to betray nine at a critical point in their plan for her made me really annoyed.
Sep 11, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
^
wut? she's 17 and 5 yrs old back then. for 12 years, they made use of her. that's a hell of a long time. imagine all the shit she's able to crack/solve. imagine having a super human who couldve solved where osama was, how to dismantle al qaeda without ever having to spend billions of dollars in waging war. sounds like a good investment if you ask me.
Sep 11, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Xfusion said:
The disarming song was fucking beautiful xDDD

God bless you Yoko Kanno

12 is not a traitor, every living being would choose themselves over someone else.

fabulous chapter.............

I agree with you that I don't really consider what 12 did as being a traitor. It was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I disagree with you saying that people will always choose themselves over someone else. All throughout history and every year people sacrifice themselves to say others. Soldiers throw their body over grenades to protect their comrades. Parents all over put themselves in danger to save their children. You might not personally choose to save someone else over yourself, but don't speak for the rest of the world.

Also 12 choose to save Lisa, not himself. If Lisa had not been there and bomb were strapped to himself, he would have sacrificed his life if it meant helping 9.
Sep 11, 2014 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
OMFG don't hate me for this, but the episode is 9/11 on the last updates, and today is 9/11, and the show being about terrorism O_________O
Sep 11, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
I was really digging this episode but it turned out to be disappointing. Does Lisa really have any purpose to this series? I keep telling myself she will redeem herself but she just keeps making the series fall short on things. I really am having trouble comprehending that after all that, Twelve betrayed Nine for her...I need some time to process this haha...
Sep 11, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2010
This show has so many of those magic scenes- they just grip you in and you forget everything else. That disarming scene is definitely up there with some of my favorite anime scenes right now...God damn it everything was so right, from the camera angles and the outside shots, to the lighting and the sparse dialogue....and also the fact that there are 2 episodes of this show left is amazing, because honestly it feels like the next episode is the last.

All in all, best show all year so far.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2009
DoctorWasabi said:
OMFG don't hate me for this, but the episode is 9/11 on the last updates, and today is 9/11, and the show being about terrorism O_________O

its 9/12 in japan when this episode aired, asian time is ahead of american time
Sep 11, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2010
baffledprince said:
I was really digging this episode but it turned out to be disappointing. Does Lisa really have any purpose to this series? I keep telling myself she will redeem herself but she just keeps making the series fall short on things. I really am having trouble comprehending that after all that, Twelve betrayed Nine for her...I need some time to process this haha...

I think her main purpose so far was a device to develop Twelve to the point where he would betray Nine, and us, the viewers, would feel the pain of Twelve in realizing this fact...Although who knows what else the show will have in store for us in the final episodes.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 11, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Intense episode. It felt like it just aired for 5 minutes I swear like wtf.
What is grammer _(」∠ 、ン、)_

Sep 11, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
Kurogashi said:
^
wut? she's 17 and 5 yrs old back then. for 12 years, they made use of her. that's a hell of a long time. imagine all the shit she's able to crack/solve. imagine having a super human who couldve solved where osama was, how to dismantle al qaeda without ever having to spend billions of dollars in waging war. sounds like a good investment if you ask me.

You got your time incorrect, they've only had her since she was 10. The problem is that she doesn't seem to be worth the investment given her short life span. How much could she really solve in those years? Especially considering she's uneducated. I mean even if they started formal education and she got to an advance level in 3 years rather than the 25 (or more) a normal takes, then they still only get 4-5 years out of her.
Sep 11, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
Beautiful episode, outside of the exposition.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 11, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Ailly said:
So, I'm guessing this has been brought up before, but in the flashbacks to the institute there's a little kid that resembles Lisa a lot. Like, a whole lot.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is Nine, because why else would he get so much screen time. And he's shown standing next to Twelve and was in that escape scene in one of the previous flashbacks as well. Of course, the resemblance could be a total coincidence, but let's be honest, it's probably not (and it would be lazy character design if it were). That brings up the question whether or not Nine and Lisa are related. And if they are, in what way? (I feel like this has been discussed before elsewhere. My apologies if it has) And if Dr. Mamiya turns out to be Lisa's father (which is pretty likely), then that would mean Lisa actually does have some relevance to the overall plot (which is way better than just being a simple plot device).

I dunno if it has been brought up and I haven't gotten a good look at child Nine before, but I certainly noticed it this time. I think there definitely has to be a relation there, and I think the best thing about it, aside from it elevating Lisa's value in the story, is that it could potentially mend the now strained relationship between Nine and Twelve. Twelve said at the beginning that her eyes were the same as the children at the facility, so we've assumed that's what has given Twelve his soft spot for her. Nine doesn't see it as much, and/or doesn't see it as a reason to change anything. This disconnect has been the build up to this 'betrayal', and Nine not being able to understand Twelve's actions.

He simply doesn't see it because what Twelve saw in Lisa from the beginning was Nine. The affection he holds for his only friend who went through all the suffering with him through their childhood is deeply rooted within him, so it's not far-fetched that he would subconsciously tie that rehashed image and consequent feeling to Lisa. One way or another I imagine that(with a proper revelation about Lisa) would repair the two's relationship. At least I hope that's what it is, because they can top off the psychological aspect of the show while tying the three's relationships very nicely.
Sep 11, 2014 8:32 PM
Sep 11, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
baffledprince said:

I feel exactly the same. I thought Lisa would prove useful at a point but she's just being incredibly useless and annoying. I keep hating her more and more and am starting to hate Twelve as well because of her -_-

Tobimadara12 said:
I think her main purpose so far was a device to develop Twelve to the point where he would betray Nine, and us, the viewers, would feel the pain of Twelve in realizing this fact...Although who knows what else the show will have in store for us in the final episodes.

If that's it, as far as I'm concerned they failed big time. Couldn't care less.

Even Twelve realized that she is just a useless burden -_-
Sep 11, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 2012
Episode ten.

Nine has entered the Metropolitan police Department. He's given himself up.

He's set the bomb and now asks the government to go disarm it.

Shibazaki however, is now working on figuring out Mamiya, the man behind the whole project. And the punchline for this whole episode?

THE TRUTH WILL BE RELEASED AND EXPOSED IN THE LIGHT AND DAY!!!

Shit's going down people.

O
Sep 11, 2014 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
Episode ten.

Nine has entered the Metropolitan police Department. He's given himself up.

He's set the bomb and now asks the government to go disarm it.

Shibazaki however, is now working on figuring out Mamiya, the man behind the whole project. And the punchline for this whole episode?

THE TRUTH WILL BE RELEASED AND EXPOSED IN THE LIGHT AND DAY!!!

Shit's going down people.

O

+1
Sep 11, 2014 9:04 PM

May 2013
This shows back to the high standard we expect. Five, Nine and Twelve are likely experiencing side effects of the drug given to them, probably a brain related illness, which is most likely a brain tumor.

After this episode Fives motivations are a bit more clear. Before I thought she was just a bitch out to get Nine and Twelve but now she's a bitch out to get Nine and Twelve because she doesn't have much time left. She couldn't care about the task given to her, she just wants to make Five and Twelve suffer for what they did to her at the facility and she doesn't have much time left.

The ferris wheel/bomb disarming scene is one of the most moving scenes I have seen. I prefer this scene to the motorcycle scene and that scene was amazing
Sep 11, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
why is this show still in the top 10000??
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 11, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
What? Lisa is one of those children :O

Sep 11, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
-GiaN- said:

I doubt it, since Aoki said none of the children were given names and Aoki would know if someone like Lisa survived. Lisa, if she's going to be relevant, is most likely the daughter of the Diet Secretary that committed suicide 15 years ago, or the daughter of Dr. Mamiya.
Sep 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2009
-GiaN- said:

the old man politician only said there are 2 that escaped (thats 9 and 12) and one taken by american government which is 5 so there are only 3 survivors of that experiment
Sep 11, 2014 9:29 PM
Oct 2012
There was twenty six children in the experiment right?

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.
Sep 11, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Explains a lot about the past.
It would be unheard of if the atomic bomb actually went off.
There is only one or two anime I can think of that's had an atomic bomb go off in Japan.
Sep 11, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2012
I'm not feeling this Lisa x Twelve relationship. Feels so damn hallow and undeveloped. Now it has become a poor plot device.

Sep 11, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Take the number corresponding to each letter in Lisa's name and you get 12! 9! 20! and 1! But wait! the "s" in Lisa can also be crudely written as "5." So Lisa = Li5a. So what does the "a" correspond to? to the fact that Lisa is actually number 1 => if she is Dr. Mamiya's daughter, then she was the first child to be experimented on. Conspiracy confirmed?

pakokoSep 11, 2014 9:48 PM
Sep 11, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
Lisa is nothing but trouble
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 11, 2014 10:07 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Take the number corresponding to each letter in Lisa's name and you get 12! 9! 20! and 1! But wait! the "s" in Lisa can also be crudely written as "5." So Lisa = Li5a. So what does the "a" correspond to? to the fact that Lisa is actually number 1 => if she is Dr. Mamiya's daughter, then she was the first child to be experimented on. Conspiracy confirmed?

Sep 11, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2012
BRK25 said:
pakoko said:

Sep 11, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2014
This series is good but feels too rushed. On another note, episode 9 of an 11 episode series about terrorism is released on 9/11. Illuminati rockin my body
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.