Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta say, things took a bit bizarre but I somewhat expected it. A decent built up for what's to come. Oh and Akari initiates the kiss. You go Magical Girl.

The ending made my teeth cringe though.
Stark700Aug 16, 2014 12:00 PM
Aug 16, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2009
Fucking finally
Aug 16, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

"No wake up kiss" XD

Loved the conversation between Teppei and Akari. And with her mom listening. That was a cute kiss. It was on the cheek right? I wonder what would really happen if she kissed him mouth to mouth?

And NOOOO not the stupid glasses guy again -.-
Aug 16, 2014 12:40 PM

May 2013
That was one long kiss from Teppei and Akari. Man that guy is back.
Aug 16, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
The salty motherfucker is back.

Akari is a boss.
Aug 16, 2014 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
I like where this is headed now actually, the previous episode and this one have some redeeming qualities. Neat presentation of Operation Summer too.

Wow, didn't expect the Blume to be this huge, now that we can scale it according to Tenkaidou.

Salty Dog are sending out "Pointer" to assault Tenkaidou? Cool little nickname you've got there Hirosue, we didn't miss you that much.

With the arrival of Ai-chan on-board, we now have 3 forces in a pretty close proximity to each other.

I liked the dialogue between Akari's mother and Nishikubo. Adopting Hana sounds like a good idea.

The moment that everybody has been waiting for finally occurred. Teppei was pretty stale though.

Both Hirosue and Ai made their moves, what fate awaits our characters in the next episode?
Aug 16, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode. The kiss between Akari and Teppei was okay.

Yeah, that guy is back again!
Aug 16, 2014 2:57 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Daichi briefing on Operation Summer was pretty good. Jack and Queen seems to be new characters. I wonder if they'll play any important role.

"Cheerful! Pounding! Heart!" is back again! She's having a lots of fun asking about what's been going on around Tanegashima from Globe's side.

Nice conversation between Nishikubo and his ex wife. I hope they adopt Hana.

Loved how Ai-chan's idol catchphrase changed to "Cheerful... Starving... Vampire!" once she was ready to board that machine.

Teppei X Akari moments were nice too. That was quite a long kiss. (^^)

Good episode. Megane bastard from Salty Dog returns. Take him down, quick!

Aug 16, 2014 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
Meeting for final battle and the higher up don't trust because they are kids.

The idol girl went in and check on their plan.

Teppei x Akari kiss being seen by Akari's mother. That bad guy that wanting Hana appears.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
I forgot none of the midsummers knight know Ai-chan is a planetary gear.
Aug 16, 2014 5:54 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode. I really enjoyed the conversation Teppei had with Akari. It's good to know what goes on in that head because he was pretty bland as a character.

Also Salty Dog guy is Salty.

Looking forward to how things wrap now that there's five episodes left, a good finale will give this show a lot of credit.
Aug 16, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
the anime is getting more interesting, it was very clear that the protagonists would form couples, but after everything that happened was well justified, expect more action in the next episodes ..
Aug 16, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2014
OMG This episode was Amazing!!!

First a cute scene from Captain Daichi and Hana <3
Daichi is good at presenting a plan! if it were to be me I'll be peeing myself ;p
The glasses guy is back!
Ai-chan acting as an innocent Idol XD although I like her song
while Daichi struggles saying hi to Ai, Teppei like a boss just jumps on the pool and his teammates just look at him XD
Yes!! The conversation of Tsutomu and Tsubaki was amazing! Remembering the past and Tsubaki wanting to adopt Hana n_n
Ai's evil plan its beginning
Yeaahhhh Teppei finally spoke!!! as always he speaks his problems to Akari and the BOOM Akari kisses Teppei while Tsubaki sees them in secret
The Tenkaidou is under Hirosue's command ahhh this man with glasses is sick!!! Trying to steal Hana and destroyin the beautiful romantic moment of Teppei and Akari!!!

This is getting so good!!!
Aug 16, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
Yup Salty Dogs are a bunch of dicks right now. Next episode seems pretty intense. Each episode is getting better and better :D. I'm glad that I didn't drop this show.

Damn that kiss scene for Teppei and Akari was great, and the emotional feel to it was spot on. Yeah I knew Ai is going to do something with the ship along with the Salty Dog people.

Aug 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Sep 2013
Really, they had to bring Salty Guy back? *Sigh*

Immediately after the OP ends we get ass shot of Hana putting on skin tight space suit... Classy...

Well at least we are getting some set up for the conclusion, planning to go after the Planetary Gears planet so it seems. I am hoping for some awesome action.

Glad they spent all that money on a space stations security system when it can be foiled so easily by a simple god damn contact lense. Seriously!? Lol

I'll admit, I found it hilarious though when the guy thought he was caught but they were actually screaming about the Pop Idol planetary Gear girl.

Yet another pointless scene involving the girls in swim suits talking about stuff that has no relevance to plot or characters at all. Gotta keep the perverts happy right?

We even get a bit of stuff for the ladies too with Teppei flinging his head from the water and his hair goes back and he sparkles. What is this? Free! Iwatobi Swim Club? Lol

Teppei got some characterization... Again wish we got this like 15 episodes ago... They explain it with, "Oh he didn't want to open up before" but honestly he opened up fine in previous episodes so that was pointless. Oh well, still good to get characterization.

Teppei and Akari Kiss. Okay. Knew it was coming... Still felt like it kind of came out of no where. Maybe it's because they never really shared a scene where they showed clear romantic interest in each other, it was just sort of implied time to time... Oh well... For a show with so much romance it all feels pretty awkward or cheesy. Also, why is it that the 2 boys and 2 girls of course have to end up with each other in the end? Why can't it just be friends in a group? Whatever, nitpick.

Okay dude, now don't screw up like last time. SHOOT HIM. YOU HAVE NO REASON NOT TO SO JUST SHOOT HIM. Lemme guess, they are going to get out of the situation because the guy acts like a total idiot allowing Daichi enough time to save the day. It's kind of too late in the episodes right now to have a "Save Hana" subplot so I doubt they are going that route.

Either way, not a bad episode. A lot of pointless stuff, bit too slow in pacing, but overall nothing terrible just.. Nothing really to write home about either.
Aug 17, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
this god damn hirosue

teppei x akari

nice episode
Aug 17, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
lol that salty dog bastard is back again
and nice teppei x akari moment
this episode feels like a big build up episode
Aug 17, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
this is building up for some shit to go down and Teppei and Akari kissing was kinda nice
Aug 17, 2014 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode although it seems that all the action has been saved for the next episode where we'll have a three way conflict between Salty Dog, Midsummer Knights and the Planetary Gears! Salty Dogs plans still don't make much sense to me, if they would have succeeded in getting rid of the midsummer knights early on then the Earth would have been desolated long ago along with the Salty Dog higher ups that are still there, it really doesn't make sense to oppose the intercept faction!
Aug 17, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
-Robunaga said:
Good episode although it seems that all the action has been saved for the next episode where we'll have a three way conflict between Salty Dog, Midsummer Knights and the Planetary Gears! Salty Dogs plans still don't make much sense to me, if they would have succeeded in getting rid of the midsummer knights early on then the Earth would have been desolated long ago along with the Salty Dog higher ups that are still there, it really doesn't make sense to oppose the intercept faction!
From what it is understood Salty Dog members are not really thinking on their own survival (though I bet there must be some of it as I bet somebody had to guide humanity). Their concern mostly lies in the fact that Earth Technology can't destroy Ego Blocks, so attempting to fight the Planetary Gears is a loss of time since eventually, they will succeed and Earth will be fucked.

As Daichi mentioned for Operation Summer, they need the Kivotos ship, which is the house of the humans chosen to survive after the Planetary Gears ravage the Earth. Basically the operation is betting ALL of humanity's resources and backup plans on a full offensive strike that is not even guaranteed to succeed, so of course Salty Dog needs to interfere, the Interception Faction is gonna use what Salty Dog believes to be the salvation of humanity in a battle that they deem lost.
Aug 17, 2014 1:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A kiss from a mahou shoujo as cool as Akari might be a massive death flag where I come from. Let's see what happens next.

The Salty Dog guys are absolutely cringe wrothy. I hope they get their azz whipped soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 17, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2010
Once again, another fantastic episode!

The whole waking up Hana thing was adorable, as was Akari and Teppei's conversation at the end, and the kiss of course!

Things are finally being set in motion! The big question is how are they going to do the practice test? And how did Ai get the ability to open that door?

You have to wonder what Salty Dog is up to. They sent Hirosue but what exactly do they want with Hana?

I have a feeling that Teppei will probably be dying soon. Waaaaaay too many death flags, and the preview doesn't look to good for him either...
Aug 17, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
There is no buildup to the romance in this show.
Aug 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
cyclone1993 said:
Once again, another fantastic episode!

The whole waking up Hana thing was adorable, as was Akari and Teppei's conversation at the end, and the kiss of course!

Things are finally being set in motion! The big question is how are they going to do the practice test? And how did Ai get the ability to open that door?

You have to wonder what Salty Dog is up to. They sent Hirosue but what exactly do they want with Hana?

I have a feeling that Teppei will probably be dying soon. Waaaaaay too many death flags, and the preview doesn't look to good for him either...
I think what they are after is the Blume, and since Hana operates the Blume they need her. Probably what they want is an output of Orgone Energy for the Kivotos Ship.
Aug 17, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
"I'm not here as part of any organization". Thats not how it works. Thats not how any of this works. You can't just declare that you are here as a prviat person, when the trip was organized and paid for by and is in the interest of your employer, with your superior actually saying "i've sent him".

And even if - i doubt that carrying a gun - especially loaded - is allowed, and if he's "taking Hana back" that would be kidnapping. If he where there as part of Salty Dog, he could argue that Hana is needed for the sake of humanity's survival. A private person can hardly claim that.

Not that Salty Dog cares whats law or whether innocent people are harmed or that the Intercept Faction managed to fend of all attack by the planetary gears, while the Ark faction despite having a spaceship and sleepers on board for years (?) somehow wasn't ready to depart.

Well, at least we got Akari x Teppei. And while not much was shown, Daichi x Hana should move along, too, given that she asked for a wake-up kiss.

Oh btw - they got Blume and Hana. Just blow up Ai. Or run her ove - see Aldnoah.Zero on how to run over aliens with spaceships. It officially is an interceptor after all, and celebrities suddenly have to go all the time, so no one will question where Ai is.
Aug 18, 2014 2:01 AM

Aug 2013
BGMaxie said:
From what it is understood Salty Dog members are not really thinking on their own survival (though I bet there must be some of it as I bet somebody had to guide humanity). Their concern mostly lies in the fact that Earth Technology can't destroy Ego Blocks, so attempting to fight the Planetary Gears is a loss of time since eventually, they will succeed and Earth will be fucked.

As Daichi mentioned for Operation Summer, they need the Kivotos ship, which is the house of the humans chosen to survive after the Planetary Gears ravage the Earth. Basically the operation is betting ALL of humanity's resources and backup plans on a full offensive strike that is not even guaranteed to succeed, so of course Salty Dog needs to interfere, the Interception Faction is gonna use what Salty Dog believes to be the salvation of humanity in a battle that they deem lost.

I can understand why they would oppose operation summer as like you said it makes use of the ark factions ship which is the centre of their whole exodus plan. However, from the start of this series the ark faction has attempted to essentially destroy the midsummer knights and I was thinking that really without the midsummer knights and intercept faction, the earth, along with a lot of the higher ups of the ark faction i'm sure, would have been destroyed so surely it would make sense to let the intercept faction get on with defending the earth while they can continue with their exodus plan. It just doesn't make sense to undermine your own defense! Of course following the discovery of operation summer I can understand there desire to destroy the intercept faction, before then not so much.
Aug 19, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2013
Thess said:
bastek66 said:
Fucking finally

+1

Yes. Yes. After 19 episodes of waiting for this OTP to be canon.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 19, 2014 9:29 AM
Oct 2010
Teppei death flag.
Aug 19, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Why they were in space again when they were trying so hard to return to Earth in the previous episodes,lol

Also this whole AkarixTeppei thing is lame.Did they really have to hook them up?couldn't they remain just friends?do you really need to make pairs out of everything male and female?meh
They have pretty much zero chemistry...like,Teppei has much bigger chemistry with even Daichi plz.
Aug 20, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Well things are heating up for the upcoming finale.

Great episode!!!
Aug 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Thess said:

+1

Yes. Yes. After 19 episodes of waiting for this OTP to be canon.

Best couple of the show (I still have reservations with Dumb-ichi).
Looks like Hana's gonna get kidnapped next episode, but I don't understand how Salty Dog expects they will be able to control the Blume anyway. I mean if they want it to move, they need Hana IN the Blume, but once she gets in, they can't control her anymore essentially. Then the only way they can do anything is to threaten her with Dumb-ichi, which is a near impossible feat since he's got plot armour so thick that it puts Ironman to shame. Things will only end in failure for Salty Dawgs, that's how I see it. The Planetary Gears though, now that's a different story. I can't believe that I find myself rooting for them more than the Midsummers team, but I am and I don't really care.

Hope for more of the Planetary Gears attack next episode. The preview showed Dumb-ichi acting like an idiot, maybe he'll finally get taken down a few pegs.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2012
Ok this is starting to get fun. The dynamic between the three factions: Intercept, Arc (Salty Dog), and the Planetary Gears (Kiltgang) is one of the things I really like about Captain Earth: .

Aug 26, 2014 7:28 AM
May 2012
That old fucker (Hirose) that we seen during EP6 (?) who wants to capture Hana is back!!

God, can somebody just kill him already?! THAT'D BE GREAT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

SIGH

HEADDESK
Aug 26, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
i knew Akari will be the aggressive one^^ and the return of salty dog...

still trying to figure all these factions, organizations etc
Aug 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
bastek66 said:
Fucking finally

Finally!
After 20 episodes!
I kinda expect TeppeixAkari will be first who will kiss or become something more,
because of Akari's personality and we will need to wait for some romantic progress in HanaxDaichi ship till final episodes.
Oh... well...

Hope TeppeixAkari will be shine in this final episodes! <3
Still I don't expect too much...
Nov 7, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Damn. That Salty Bastard is back again. I almost forgot about him.

Nice development between Teppei and Akari, but sadly, I think things won't end well next episode.
Mar 3, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
The plot is advancing well yet, but I expect fireworks in all the upcoming episodes, the only way I'll be satisfied.
For once I do not complain of the performance of the characters, even if the narrative contexts always shows a little silly.
Drawings and animations excellent as usual.
Akari also had its romantic interlude, it was also time to happen, it was so obvious that she and Teppei would join.
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
FINALLY AKARI AND TEPPEI. It took 20 episodes but we're finally here, I'm glad Akari is the dominant one here.
Too bad the bad guys have to ruin the joy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.