Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of talking and explanation this episode. Pretty good.
I'm so excited for the next episode!!! It's coming!!!
Aug 10, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2014
Wow the ending stuff was really nice with the music!

And things got real interesting real fast! I'm liking the characters more and more!

Oh and for the animation? Everything's solid and there was no derp.
Seriously this is the plot it was missing! Noiz sure looked awesome without the hat! But he looks good with it on too.

Clear is as adorable as always, glad grams is somewhat relevant to what's happening and I liked her explaining things and we finally know that he really used to play rhyme and just forgot, which accident though?

Anyhow, Aoba's powers are frightening and I hope Mizuki becomes better later..
If he doesn't control it it could be too dangerous, and who's the person with the morphine hat that showed up after the new game sent to Aoba? He's a quiet one.

So many interesting things! I wonder what the others will do now, oh and seems like Mink revealed Aoba's ability but he did he know in the first place? And what will Koujaku do?
Really enjoyed this episode, this week's anime is awesome

Aug 10, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
^Answering your question about the one in the hat is a spoiler, as he is one of the most relevant characters in this anime. Despite never speaking.

-------------

*fangirls* those feels of when Clear was in his house and standing in front of "thing under cloth" ;w;

It was cool, seeing Koujaku and Mink talk to each other. I wonder what Mink told him. e_e

I'm glad they did this episode, they finally answered some questions.

Based on the preview I think..

Aug 10, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
After 6 episodes I finally know what I'm watching......
The power of exposition.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Aug 10, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah,i guess after this episode people who never did play the vn will finally understand what the heck is going on...kinda:3

I like that Koujaku got the invitation as well (while the others didn't)...because my OTP is what it is:D But i guess they all will make it into Platinum Jail,somehow...

I am glad they are doing well with the anime after the rocky start.
Aug 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2011
ZoroZoldyck said:

who's the person with the morphine hat that showed up after the new game sent to Aoba? He's a quiet one.

He's been appearing for quite some time now. You can see him together with Toue every time Toue's labs/office is being shown. Other details about him though would be considered a spoiler, but he's a really important character.
Aug 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
Interesting episode. I like how they're filling the gaps (or at least trying to) that they didn't really bother explaining in the VN.

The drawing style was rather good for this show's standards so not gonna complain about that at least.

And seeing a sneak peek of Clear's room was nice!

Now let's see how the next week's episode will turn out :D

-Luhui said:

Would be cool if they did that, but if they do then I hope they show parts from other routes too.. Or else it'd be unfair for the rest of the 'boyfriends'.
Aug 10, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 2011
This was surprisingly coherent!

I thought we were heading right down disaster lane after episode 3 but this is somehow picking itself up.
Aug 10, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
Oh, look, a plot! About time this started taking a direction. Also about time we got a few explanations. Very good episode.
Aug 10, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
YES!!
They did it, awesomely!
This episode was perfectly adapted, just perfectly :D

Like they normally say in my country:
"They locked the common route with a golden key" lol

5/5
Aug 10, 2014 2:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Grandma basically explains everything that's going on. I had a feeling Toue was the culprit behind the scene.

Mink-san already knows about Aoba's power? I wonder how Koujaku feels about him now..

Police are after the Aoba now. Looks like he'll have accompanies to the Platinum Jail.

Aug 10, 2014 3:00 PM

Oct 2011
Shocking reveal : 0

So everyone will get their own episode route with Aoba then?

Koujaku's route next week.
Aug 10, 2014 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
So things finally started! And seems like all the routes are coming with Aoba too.
Aug 10, 2014 3:37 PM
Jul 2014
Don't really know why, but I LOVED this episode! Especially the ending. Really liked the changes they made to the story from the VN, like granny sending everyone home before telling Aoba about his powers, and Aoba questioning how he got these powers in the first place, but got interrupted before granny could tell him. I get why things weren't done this way in the VN, but the story makes more sense this way. I mean, Aoba's secret isn't exactly some small thing that one would want to reveal to an entire room of strangers (plus one long time friend), if given the choice. And it WAS a little weird for Aoba just to accept that he has this ridiculously OP power, but never question how he got it in the first place.

So after seeing the ending of the episode, and the preview for the next, here are my predictions for how things are going to go from this point on (since it's just my predictions, I don't think it counts as spoilers?):

They are all going to make it in to Platinum Jail, but separately in different ways, and maybe end up in different areas like how they did in the VN. Aoba and Koujaku will get in via their invitations, Noiz by his l337 hax0r skillz, Mink by his...connections that he used during his route, and Clear can get in because he is ----beeeeeep-----

And Aoba is going to find/meet up with them one by one, and the anime will do each boyfriend's back story per episode, with Koujaku's being the first. And the final two episodes will cover the True Route.

So yeah, this anime's had a rough start, but I'm quite excited with what they've been doing with it lately, and am reeeaaally excited to see what they'll do next!!!
Aug 10, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
Welp, at this point, even though I've played the VN, I no longer know what's going on. They left some details out of Tae's explanation, added some new things, and that twists the story just enough that I'm left actually dangling from the cliff hanger like people who've never played the VN probably are. Ugh. This is why I don't watch airing anime like I have been lately. *dying*

On another note, the animation was so pretty this week and I don't see any reason for anyone to complain, yay~! The sound track at the end of this episode, before the end theme, was so freaking pretty and fit the scene well. I wound up watching Aoba's escape from Akushima several times just to hear that track again, because I didn't want it to end. Defs getting the OST when it comes out.
Aug 10, 2014 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, filled in some gaps. So many Aoba butt shots >:3

Clear's cute as usual <3

5/5
Aug 10, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
I was wondering how they'd do the transition to Platinum Jail, but I think I like where this is going.
But seriously I'm going to be mad if they don't keep

Also, I really liked that last OST, it made everything quite epic...
Aug 10, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2012
"Dramatical Murder" and no murders yet.
Well, he played rhyme, finally, I was waiting for it.
The baa-san was going to say why he has that power... I guess he is an almost successful test subject, that's probably why it is called "scrap". (It's the most logical way I can think of)

roselovespuppies said:
Also, I really liked that last OST, it made everything quite epic...
I didn't find it that so epic but I found it pretty good.

Nice episode.
Aug 10, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
I was surprised when Koujaku was trying to pick a fight with Mink. Damn, he gets so aggressive when it comes to Aoba HAHA.

Yeah I liked the end too, seeing all the different characters like that wasn't in the VN.
LOADAug 10, 2014 8:06 PM
Aug 10, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
Ahh the explanation episode. I think they did very well with this one! I'm interested to see how all of the boyfriends meet up since they didn't all set out together like in the visual novel.

Speaking of which, I'm glad that the people who didn't read the visual novel seem to be appreciating this episode finally giving a direction to the series (as some seemed to think there wasn't a plot--understandable, as that's kind of what I was wondering when I was reading the visual novel.)

Also, even if it was different than the visual novel, I really liked the sequence at the end as everyone set out for Platinum Jail. It was so exciting and dramatic.

Finally, I agree with the others and just love how the anime provides different perspectives and shows things that weren't really possible to do in the visual novel, like events occurring away from Aoba such as Noiz at his computer and Koujaku talking to Mink.

Excited for next week!
Aug 10, 2014 8:22 PM

Oct 2010
I thought this episode was epic. It was very well made and explained the plot very well. Also did anyone else hear bed springs in the preview for next week's episode? lol
Aug 10, 2014 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
dede_rich said:

Also, even if it was different than the visual novel, I really liked the sequence at the end as everyone set out for Platinum Jail. It was so exciting and dramatic.

You mean
dramatiCAL?

Okay in all seriousness I enjoyed that too, haven't been crazy about the OST so far but the track they played during that scene was good

This was my favorite episode so far, they actually executed some things better than the VN did, in my opinion. I think pretty much all of the additions were positive ones. Animation was solid too.

In other news, I still have no idea where Koujaku's Coil is

What are you tapping on man
Aug 10, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2013
OrchidStarfire said:
I thought this episode was epic. It was very well made and explained the plot very well. Also did anyone else hear bed springs in the preview for next week's episode? lol
I hope I'm not the only who went back to check if there were bed springs in the preview for next week's episode...unfortunately I didn't hear bed springs......unfortunately.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Aug 10, 2014 9:29 PM
Aug 2013
the ending to this episode was too good, I love when they take a different perspective to the VN.

I've seen some people speculate that every boyfriend will have their individual episode before concluding with the true route...but won't it feel waaay to rushed? Each route condensed into 20mins just doesnt really sit well with me, I dunno. Maybe they will just stick with koujaku's route (personally I'm all for Noiz and Aoba). I think a better way to go is to partially deviate from the VN so they create some new scenes which include everyone.

I wonder if an original ending would be better, but then again it could go horrible wrong. Either way I'm excited to see where they take this series
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Aug 10, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
i didn't know what i was watching until this episode but things make sense now. also that ost at the end O_O
Aug 10, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
[ has not played the game yet ]

I'm not sure. I'm thinking of dropping this anime, because so far it's kind of failed to meet my expectations and all the hype that's been centered around it. However, this episode did brighten my views somewhat, because I finally was able to understand many things, due to all the explanations. The anime is moving at a slow pace, but I think trying to make things clearer is much better. This episode is the first one in which I had even the slightest sense of how things fit together, thought there are still many loose ends to be tied up.

I guess Koujaku and Noiz will continue to have some sort of rivalry; they both seem like the type that wouldn't get along with the other. Has it been determined whether or not the bl will be omitted? With the Noiz-Aoba kiss, I was thinking it might be kept, but then again, this is way less yaoi than Love Stage!! or even Free!. And I suppose it would be difficult to manage all the routes for everyone, since there are so many possible endings. If the anime decides to go on a certain route, I think they'll leave many people disappointed.

My hypothesis is that they might have killed Tae-san if she went back to the research lab in order to prevent information leaks. Who knows? With Morphine's power over the island, they might even have spies or trackers listening in on Aoba's house, and perhaps Aoba's grandmother could be killed in the future. It's a pessimistic outlook, but still pretty realistic in my mind- I don't know what actually ends up happening in the game, though.

So, the anime has a lot of explaining to do, but I'm glad we get to see some drama getting started in a way that makes sense. I mean, it's sometimes good to keep an element of mystery, but the DMMD anime just makes it a little bit too mysterious and it ends up being terribly confusing.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 10, 2014 11:24 PM
Aug 2011
swaggahsaurus said:
but then again, this is way less yaoi than Love Stage!! or even Free!

Excuse you?
Aug 11, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
swaggahsaurus said:
but then again, this is way less yaoi than Love Stage!! or even Free!

Excuse you?

Also, Free is more like a Bi Shounen (get it?)
It does not cross above the bromance line at all.
Aug 11, 2014 1:41 AM

Mar 2011
Danpmss said:
parfaited said:

Excuse you?

Seconded. (lmao bi shounen)

To be fair, I don't think this yaoi/bl thing in DMMd should even be discussed further nor be compared to, say, Love Stage!! at this point. That's completely unfair. Love Stage!! is mainly yaoi (in the anime's case, bl), while DMMd has its own plot to worry about before focusing on the bl. And since DMMd's plot is just getting cleared up, I don't think there'll be any time left for bl. Maybe some hints, but that's not the focus of this anime imo.

swaggahsaurus said:

And I suppose it would be difficult to manage all the routes for everyone, since there are so many possible endings. If the anime decides to go on a certain route, I think they'll leave many people disappointed.

On this subject, it's kinda clear now (pun not intended) that they'll be going to follow the true route while mixing in some scenes from the others' routes. I doubt there'll be romance, They'll probably just show the back stories of each of the main four guys. Then end the anime with Aoba's own back story. I hope.
Aug 11, 2014 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
onoda said:
Danpmss said:

Seconded. (lmao bi shounen)

To be fair, I don't think this yaoi/bl thing in DMMd should even be discussed further nor be compared to, say, Love Stage!! at this point. That's completely unfair. Love Stage!! is mainly yaoi (in the anime's case, bl), while DMMd has its own plot to worry about before focusing on the bl. And since DMMd's plot is just getting cleared up, I don't think there'll be any time left for bl. Maybe some hints, but that's not the focus of this anime imo.

swaggahsaurus said:

And I suppose it would be difficult to manage all the routes for everyone, since there are so many possible endings. If the anime decides to go on a certain route, I think they'll leave many people disappointed.

On this subject, it's kinda clear now (pun not intended) that they'll be going to follow the true route while mixing in some scenes from the others' routes. I doubt there'll be romance, They'll probably just show the back stories of each of the main four guys. Then end the anime with Aoba's own back story. I hope.

Yeah, I would say that is pretty much this too^
Aug 11, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2014
I would like Aoba to end up with someone at the end.. Idk who but kinda hoping it's clear or Noiz.

I also wanna see what clear looks like under the mask! SIGH
This being only 12 eps is disappointing because they won't fit everything..

Aug 11, 2014 4:44 AM
May 2014
Well I thought it was better than a few of the previous episodes at least.. Things are picking up.

I don't like how blatantly his gran told him he had powers, was poorly done I think..

Regardless, I'll keep watching.. I am curious to see what happens in platinum jail!
Aug 11, 2014 6:42 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode ... loads of information this time. So Grams used to do research but soon found out he was trying to CONTROL EVERYONE O_O Not to mention Aoba's powers too ... poor Mizuki :( Things are starting to heat up ... seems like they're all gonna go to Platinum Jail soon. Oh, and I also liked the music at the end when Aoba was leaving. Very nice :D
Aug 11, 2014 8:20 AM
Jul 2014
Pretty good episode :) and finally some explanations for those who haven't played the VN.
I thought they're going for the true route but it seems every "boyfriend" gets screentime(?) ^^

I'm surprised how much I actually like this anime adaption, compared to another infamous one... *coughTogainunoChicough...* but that's not the thread for TnC ^^ either way the Anime is pretty good so far. The pacing, might have been a tiny bit slow, was good and decent. They finally started to make some sense about what's going on (they should've done that earlier!).

Hopefully we'll get some action scenes next week :P I'm so looking forward to it <3
Aug 11, 2014 7:43 PM

Nov 2013
i really loved this episode, and i cannot stress enough how satisfied i am with the plot's adaption so far! one thing i really didn't expect was koujaku confronting mink
but i really liked seeing koujaku stick up for aoba. it's funny how he was practically jumping over the table to yell at mink when they were at aoba's house. i also really like the very subtle hints at the characters' pasts that they dropped throughout the episode
all in all, i'm incredibly excited for the next episode!!
Aug 12, 2014 6:28 AM
Jan 2010
I liked the episode, though that was A LOT of exposition. Wonder how non-fans will react to that info dump.

And looks like everyone's going to Platinum Jail which was a guarantee from the beginning. This just makes me wish they had 20+ episodes rather than the standard 12 because now everything is going to be so cluttered and rushed.

I can see the next few episodes going like this:

7 - Koujaku
8 - Mink
9 -Noiz
10 - Clear
11 - Aoba/Ren/Sei
12 - Aoba/Ren/Sei
Aug 12, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2011
I'm glad the series is explaining things since I still wasn't stringing things together. xD; But still plenty of mysteries around to keep me guessing about who's doing what and why.
Aug 12, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
Mizukiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! *cries* He better wake up...
Baka Aoba! He asked you to help him, not break his conscience.

Also... Is it sad that this episode was the best one yet and they pretty much just talked the whole time? o.o
Thank the lord they finally decided to explain stuff because it was a bit confusing.
LuxtressAug 12, 2014 6:04 PM
Aug 12, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
Can't wait to see what happens next. The end of common route! Hope it isn't disappointing orz

Aug 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 2011
nice>; but wat abbout his another "personality"?
Aug 14, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm what's this? They're going for Koujaku's route? I'd be damn disappointed.
Aug 15, 2014 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
ichigojuri said:
I was kind of hoping they would push Noiz x Aoba but Koujaku is nice since he has a bit more connection with Aoba's past.

I guess we'll just see what happens. Though I am personally still rooting for Noiz x Aoba XD

YES rooting for Noiz x Aoba too :3
Aug 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2010
Iktoro99 said:
Oooh, things are getting interesting! I think this might be my favourite episode so far.

I wonder who Aoba's going to end up with... I am rooting for Clear, I don't care about the other ones.

My guess is going to be Ren. That was my guess from the very beginning, but now it could be anyone.
Aug 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Feb 2014
Haha when I was watching the first episode I was like "...seriously" and I fell asleep at the very end out of boredom (and likely a lack of sleep), but now this is actually getting pretty interesting! That whole Scrap thing is...odd. And wow, Baachan is a great grandmother. She's like, so cool. Kinda reminds me of Ruuko's grandma in SIW.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2014 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
I don't think Aoba will end up with anyone, due to the absence of the shounen-ai tag.

SalmonQueen said:
nice>; but wat abbout his another "personality"?
Yeah I am still waiting for that explanation. I wonder if it's just a personification of his power, grandma said "power is rebelling because of the long period of suppression".
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 23, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
So that dude wants to mind control people and his grandma worked on the experiments back in the day and Aoba has some ability called scrap and can go in to people's minds and control them and see their thoughts. Wow. Did not see that coming. Makes sense that's how he lost his memories though.

All going to jail, well okay lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.