Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An okay episode I guess. The burden of being an esper though...

And seriously, that is a huge tanker. This felt more like a built-up episode. Oh poor Azuma..that arrow must of stung. I knew eventually that they would have to fight with espers against espers. Kobushi has a hard time this episode as well ;_;

RINKA KICK.
Aug 8, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
That blonde chick (Kozuki, I think) really pisses me off. And the Professor looks kinda funny.
Aug 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
We got to see some more back story of Kyoutarou and Minami which was good.
That tanker is going to crash if someones doesn't do something quick.
Douglas24Aug 8, 2014 12:23 PM
Aug 8, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
The back story of Azuma and Minami was pretty good.

Azuma was amazing at the end, sliding his hand away from the pinned down sword and jumped down the airship to save Rinka.
Aug 8, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
That was quite intense :O

So Peggy is the collector? Hilarious Penguin XD And we get to have quite a few revelations about the espers.

Seems like Rinka is in love with Azuma by now. She's jelly of Minami ^^;

Liking Professor quite a lot. He's BA! I wonder if that really is his real face O_o?!
Dat flying Tanker :O

Dat Rinka Kick passing through the sword and attacking Minami was nice! Loving Minami's fighting style though. She's BA! I'm liking her as a character too :3

I wonder why the censoring suddenly increased? I don't remember there being this much censoring in the first ep. Oh well. Still great stuff :D
Aug 8, 2014 12:26 PM
Feb 2013
AWWWWW, for Kyotarou to rip his hand out like that is got to hurt.
Aug 8, 2014 12:31 PM
Feb 2014
Barion-Zara said:
I wonder why the censoring suddenly increased? I don't remember there being this much censoring in the first ep. Oh well. Still great stuff :D

Yeah, what was up with that? On the first episode they showed a guy getting his hand cut all the way off, but then they censored a hand getting stabbed?

Other than that this show is picking up again i think. It feels like the action was back on par with episode 1. Hope it stays like that.
Aug 8, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
kickmesignAug 8, 2014 1:46 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
It's getting better and Kyotarou is surprisingly skilled when it comes to combat and is not afraid to get hurt,as we have seen so far.

Other than that,this reminds me of X-Men maybe a little too much.
Aug 8, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man Shi* just got serious again. Minami is now following The Professor's (Or I think her dad) motivation to create a new world. Wow the fight was pretty good between Rinka and Minami. At least we get a little backstory on Minami and Kyotaro. Damn that cliffhanger scene.

Damn Kyotaro's hand, I kind of felt that, when he is rescuing Rinka. Wow there are censorship in here. Ah well I don't really care for that.

Aug 8, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2012
This show is so horribly directed. If it had been given to a better team who did more than copy and paste the manga, it'd be one of my favorite anime of the year. As is, it's only decent at best.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 8, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
yea can't help but make xmen comparisons. Telepathic powers / The professor >>. Well the ship confrontation was pretty entertaining.

Aug 8, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Kozuki's introduced now?
So we probably won't get

The pacing this week wasn't so disastrous and I quite liked the fight. Must be the OST...
Aug 8, 2014 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting episode. However with all that censoring it felt like I was watching Tokyo Ghoul.
Aug 8, 2014 2:56 PM
Sep 2013
Fight was alright. Some back story with Kyotarou so I guess Minami isn't a true villian.
Aug 8, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
The music was surprisingly good in this one.
Interesting ep, the show keeps being good guilty pleasure material.
Aug 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
Well that illusion looked really cool, like they were in an ancient building.

Peggy to the rescue! Take that you dirty illusion!

Rinka blushing was really cute :3

So the Professor is the person that adopted Kyoutarou, that's nice to know.

I knew that Minami had feeling for Kyoutarou, after all, he took a beating for her.

Um... I think there was something wrong with his dad's eyes lol.

Rinka should come to terms with her feelings and confess before someone does it and takes Kyoutarou away XD.

Holy crap... it's a huge flying ship!

It was sad to find out that Minami's mother is dead.

I wonder if there's a connection between Kobushi and that other girl in a similar tight jumpsuit.

The moment that arrow pierced Kyoutarou's neck I thought it was an illusion since the professor would also find him useful, or at least use him as a bargaining chip to get Rinka to join them.

Poor Kyoutarou sure got messed around with this episode... pierced in the neck, stabbed in the hand and so on...

Huh, a special ESP zone hmmm, well that wouldn't be so bad, but is that all that the kind of the man the Professor seems to be in mind?

The fact that Kyoutarou sacrificed his hand so easily in order to save Rinka sure proves that he is a true hero and friend, willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect those he holds dear.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 8, 2014 4:26 PM

May 2012
Come this episode, I can't really decide if I'm watching this show because I actually enjoy it or I'm just watching it to watch it.
Aug 8, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2013
someone needs to punch the professor with their right fist!
Aug 8, 2014 4:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This wasn't as action packed as usual but I liked the character development that we got in this epiosde

These characters are all pretty likeable in my eyes ^^
Aug 8, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2014
So I'm still confused about the relationship between Kyotarou, Minami, and the professor. Why are they fighting? what happened between them? did Kyotarou run away for some reason?

I hope these questions will be answered later on.
Aug 8, 2014 7:41 PM
Mar 2013
lololol they had another Ga-Rei appearance on the TV screens before the professor dude took over. I guess the special box set of Ga-Rei was out 2013.12.27

decent episode, but I'll keep watching because I need a strong willed female protagonist right now
Aug 8, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2012
The direction is so bad it's not even funny.
Aug 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2012
Liked the episode, but what is up with the crappy, inconsistent censor? can't let you see a blade stabbed into his hand, so let's just put a blinding white rectangle over it... and it's alright to see an arrow stabbed through his throat by a sideshot, but not from the front side.

I mean really, the first episode proved this show was going to be fairly gruesome, if we weren't prepared for that we shouldn't be watching it. The censor is just an eyesore quite frankly.
Aug 8, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
Censorship, we meet again. And I love it when the penguin tries to help.

Did anyone heard "Let me go!" from the penguin when Rinka squeezed it? aha

Professor Xavier + Magneto = Professor ESP?

5/5

Aug 8, 2014 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
Ya, this episode wasn't even funny like the other ones... So the bad pacing just sort of made it worse...

I am alright with the darker tone and all that it wants to go for, but it jumped around too much going from serious to goofy to relaxing to goofy to FUCKING DARK. The main villain seems like an interesting guy even if only because I think he is basically a Magneto rip off but hey, even a Magneto rip off is an interesting character.

The problem with making it darker all of a sudden though is now I have no idea what I am supposed to take seriously since it was so goofy before... Why did they give this anime such high budget animation and music knowing they were going to rush the hell out of the story and characters? I just don't get it.

Oh well, Peggy was still enjoyable and it was not AS badly paced as the other episodes, I could at least follow it... for the most part... Geez it's still bad though.

Funny how they censor an arrow through the neck and a stab but they don't censor the HALF A FACE BURNT OFF WITH BLOODSHOT DISGUSTING EYES... Seriously, who is directing this? lol *Looks him up* Nope.. Haven't seen any of the anime he's directed...
Aug 8, 2014 11:48 PM
Jan 2014
why are the fights so boring, theres still nothing extraordinary that would make me want to continue watching, as of now im only watching it to kill time. and why are they starting to censor, are they airing on a kids channel or something?
Aug 9, 2014 12:56 AM
May 2014
I like this series, but what now with censuring?!? Is it from the raws or is there something uncensoerd around?
Aug 9, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
Reite said:
Kozuki's introduced now?
So we probably won't get

The pacing this week wasn't so disastrous and I quite liked the fight. Must be the OST...

Enjoyed the tanker segment and did cringe at the brutality again. Minami by far the most badass character so far, loving her cold and bluntness.

+1 on OST, makes the fight scenes just that much more enjoyable

Damn those censoreship~

Aug 9, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2014
I agree with Keten, the direction of this anime is TERRIBLE. Irregular pacing, sudden changes of light/dark moments, censorship.. I give it 3/5 just because the OST is indeed good.
Aug 9, 2014 2:54 AM

May 2013
Lmao at the censoring.

But other than that, Rinka is in love. Oh.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 9, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
kyotaro's dad had some of the most evil eyes i have ever seen
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 9, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
Kinda cringed when Kyoutaro pulled his hand from the sword like that. Awesome how he done it to try and save Rinka though ^_^. Poor guy, even if the arrow was an illusion, must've fricken hurt too. Funny when Peggy pushed that woman of the tanker lol.
Aug 9, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2014
Didn't think there would be censored scenes in this anime, oh well. An ok episode I guess.
Aug 9, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
Am i the only one that thought that the Professor looked like Harvey Dent?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Denmark-Chan said:
Am i the only one that thought that the Professor looked like Harvey Dent?

i got the same impression too

his name escaped me but i was thinking along the line of 'this guy remind me of that lawyer from batman'. It was bugging me all day yesterday trying to remember his name

Aug 9, 2014 10:12 AM
Jun 2010
I hope the villain wins.
Aug 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
If Japan has a version of X-men this would be it.
Aug 9, 2014 1:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Say hello to Two-Face.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Horree crap. When Kyoutaro pulled his hand from the sword..

“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Aug 9, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
well stirred episode, Rinka and Kyoutarou just beaten this episode, little change in relation to manga presenting Kobushi's sister quicker, I believe it was to advance the plot, but the story is being told at the right time, I'm really enjoying the adaptation, has everything to be among the best of the season ..
Aug 9, 2014 4:36 PM

May 2012
wow, this episode is by far the best one. The action was really good, and Minami looks so hot
Aug 9, 2014 4:57 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty crazy episode (like the rest of them haven't been), with a supertanker flying through the skies of Tokyo and the introduction to our puppet master-type character. I don't really get the X-men vibes all that much, at least no more than I get vibes from any superhero type story. I mean, sure, the main character has the same power as Shadowcat (kinda, except she can't go through flesh), and there's a bad guy who wants Espers to have their own territory, but those aren't exactly X-men exclusive themes.

Disappointed at the censoring. God, Japan, you used to be cool. Now everything a little bit violent has a giant white light blocking it out that might as well be saying "BUY THE BLU RAY".
Aug 9, 2014 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Even thought the professor was mysterious in the beginning, I thought he'd be a good guy. What a letdown.. He's quite epic too!

Rinka is probably secretly jealous of Minami, as she's seemingly harboring feelings for Azuma. (^^)
Too bad, he thinks of her as his hero for now. XD

Kobushi knows Kozuku and they're wearing the same type of jacket. What's could their past connection be? O.o

Rinka put up a good fight but she has a long way to go. Minami's attacks would be rendered futile if they'd just phase through her.

In a way, the professor's demand to the government about having their own ESP zone isn't actually a bad deal; that is if that's the only thing he wants without any ulterior motive.

Azuma's was amazing at the end; sliding his hand away from the pinned down sword to save Rinka. That must've hurt, a lot!

Good episode. The professor also has a cosplay samurai in his team who can detect ESP users with his necklace. A big gun to play big games in future.

read the manga lol
Aug 9, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
Ohh, another thief girl with excessive cleavage. Why are they so bitter? They steal each other's bras?

"The Professor" could do some real psychological damage. Too bad he's restricted by this anime's mediocrity.
Aug 9, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
so they changed some stuff from the manga to the anime..

the little sister does not make her appearance til wayyyyyyy late r.><
Aug 9, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Had to look away when Kyoutaro slid his hand from the sword. *shudders*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 9, 2014 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
So the professor is two faces from Batman.

Great episode!!!
Aug 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, another cliffhanger. Nice violence.
Aug 10, 2014 3:11 AM

May 2013
Minami's fighting skills are awesome! She kinda owns Rinka in any way.
Kyoutarou ripped off the sword with his hand just like that. He sure felt that right away. Cliffhangers again. This time it was perfect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.