Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 29, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2013
I don't see how this wasn't an "epic" episode based solely on lack of action. Lack of action doesn't mean it's bad, it only means lack of action.

Anyway, I loved this episode more than the previous one, and I still don't get how people can be so "omg incest wtf not cool" seriously, it's a charm of this series, if only it'd end with those two actually getting together...

A special mention to Yandere Tatsuya, excellent, reminded me of Yuno. Potentially this could be one of the extremely few well executed Yandere males.
Jul 29, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2013
Jalleia said:
I don't see how this wasn't an "epic" episode based solely on lack of action. Lack of action doesn't mean it's bad, it only means lack of action.

Anyway, I loved this episode more than the previous one, and I still don't get how people can be so "omg incest wtf not cool" seriously, it's a charm of this series, if only it'd end with those two actually getting together...

A special mention to Yandere Tatsuya, excellent, reminded me of Yuno. Potentially this could be one of the extremely few well executed Yandere males.

Mahouka's problem is not lack of action, but the fact, that action moments in anime are mostly boring as hell.
Also Tatsuya is not yandere and certainly not well executed.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 29, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
ahha, this is soo good :D.

Just finished watching 10 eps and caught back up to here :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Jul 29, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
Their romantic relationship would be quite nice if they weren't siblings.

Anyway, interesting development. If anything, Mahouka does the magic and action very well.
Jul 30, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2014
About the Tatsuya TS thing,it was cut out from the anime but Tatsuya stated that he is a beta tester at FLT (the company TS is known to work for),in the student council room(I think it was supposed to be the ep that Azusa asked what Tatsuya thought of TS and he even offered her a discount for a Silver Horn CAD,that was also cut,so having access to some unpublished magics could be possible,so I think thats the main reason the SC hasn't come to that conclusion that he is TS.Azusa could make the connection because she is a TS fanboy,but I think she still has doubts.

edit: Great first week BD/DVD sales for Mahouka

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-829299/weekly-anime-disc-sales?pg=13

Hoping for season 2 next year :)
darkreaperixJul 30, 2014 10:39 AM
Jul 30, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
About the Tatsuya TS thing,it was cut out from the anime but Tatsuya stated that he is a beta tester at FLT (the company TS is known to work for),in the student council room(I think it was supposed to be the ep that Azusa asked what Tatsuya thought of TS and he even offered her a discount for a Silver Horn CAD,that was also cut,so having access to some unpublished magics could be possible,so I think thats the main reason the SC hasn't come to that conclusion that he is TS.Azusa could make the connection because she is a TS fanboy,but I think she still has doubts.

edit: Great first week BD/DVD sales for Mahouka

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-829299/weekly-anime-disc-sales?pg=13

Hoping for season 2 next year :)

Still mere beta tester shouldn't be able to access that grade of magic for his personal use.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 30, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
Flashoftheback said:
Darklight0303 said:

Actually yes that would be the case for someone that has THIS much mystery surrounding them to the point that no one has ever met Taurus Silver in person. Heck he's not even actually Taurus Silver but more like HALF of Taurus Silver. For someone who has gone through all that trouble to stay completely out of the public scene to just start showing up at a competition? Would you really think it's the person themselves instead of maybe just someone RELATED to that person be it family or work?

THAT sort of logic didn't connect to my brain.
Dumb person will think he is Taurus Silver because they simplistic thinking.
While SMART person will also think he is Taurus Silver because they so observant.
Sayin something like "oh, probably you are his assistant or some sort" obviously forced or that typical air head person. Or you are one of that or pretending to be like that, i don't know.
That way of thinking is almost certain.

TS actually consist of 2 person is a non-factor.
Because we talk from the one who suspecting Tatsuya.

Thinking that Tatsuya just some sort relative are utterly idiot. Why??? Because he IS the one who setting their CAD and some sort. Clear he IS the one who showing the "TS" feat. Isn't that really didn't clear enough??

And all thing he did only proved that all true.

And Tatsuya is obivously German because he used a new technology, only just announced in Dusseldorf last summer in Shizuku CAD.

Kappa.
My favorite works
Aug 1, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2012
Lol at the end there was a bit of song in french ^^' that sounded super weird...
Aug 2, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
now tatsuya being so strong does not feel so weird anymore, seeing how the people working(?) with tatsuya are quite strong aswell
Aug 4, 2014 9:47 AM

Dec 2010
It was an enjoyable episode, though it's kinda bad that the flying magic got widespread so easily.

This arc should've ended with Tatsuya vs. Crimson Prince, I don't know why are we still stuck here.
Aug 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2010
Blame the Chinese, I don't think the Triads would ever act that retarded in the modern world.
Eastern European gangs are more blunt and direct

Anyway there were two strong bro-sis moments and Yanagi's group in action was nice along with the Mirage Bat matches
Aug 25, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2013
so much wincest XD
I was wonder when they were going to break out the flying
holy shit I thought a bunch of people were going to die but they surpressed him really fast O_O
this show is getting better and better
I though she was going to fall holy shit !!
[/quote]
Oct 6, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
Can someone explain to me just what is the difference between the new flying magic and the normal magic used by other contestants in Mirage Bat?

Because the way I see it, based on what happened during the earlier Mirage Bat events in this episode (not Miyuki's final), the other MB contestants who weren't using flying magic were capable of hovering and moving about in mid air too. So that doesn't really make flying magic all that special, right?

Yeah, when Miyuki first used the flying magic, she could fly higher and move more easily, but the other contestants weren't exactly helplessly stuck to the ground. They were floating about in mid air too.

Did I miss other features of this flying magic?
Dec 3, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2012
Impressive episode! Really like this kind of development!
Jan 8, 2015 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
The flying competition was interesting.
But those eyes, I thought that he was gonna take off the eyes of the staff guy.
Feb 4, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2014
Do not make Onii-sama angry!

Miyuki flying was so gorgeous ... only if they wore other clothes.. They looked like freaking mahou shoujo! The normal uniform looks better than that.

Stark700 said:

Oh boy...
Feb 10, 2015 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah this moment in the competition is the best.
Too bad they only showed a short part on flying.. wish it was longer.
Well well finally the cruel side of Tatsuya is beginning to surface...
I love what beloved onii-sama will be doing next hehehe.
May 22, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
Mizuki without glasses is perfect! Erikaaaaa!
Jun 4, 2015 2:51 AM

Jun 2008
belatkuro said:
You do not want to make Oniisama angry. When you anger Oniisama, you are in for a lot of hurt.
He might just develop a magic to shoot out lasers on those eyes.

Pretty much.^_^

GangstaPriest said:
-MgZ_ said:
Damn. Those eyes.

If only this series had a better production.. would be freakin epic.
But it already has good production values. At this point the only thing that could be improved on is the story itself.

I still don't get what business Chinese brokers would have with some Japanese high school competition that would require putting the life of random teenagers in danger. The whole thing is incredibly far-fetched.

And I'm sorry, but Mirage Bat sucks, and Miyuki basically cheated with her bro's brand new flight magic. For someone who's trying to keep a low profile, he sure likes to either flaunt or let others shamelessly advertise his finds every chance he gets. Also why would Miyuki wear make up for a sports event? I mean, who in the holy hell ever does that.

I think they are Korean but anyway. What they have is that they handle big bets on that competition and make money.
Now why would they be bookies for such an event? Is because that event is big since those kids aren't just kids but super magicians. They are like secret weapons in a way so i bet there competitions are a big thing.
MonadJun 4, 2015 3:54 AM
Jun 5, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2014
That bit with the Generator and the task he was ordered was insanely rushed. Miyuki continues to be adorable in her excessive brother worshiping and infatuation. Tatsuya is angry, so I anticipate that the next episode will be good and hopefully not another anticlimactic end to an arc.
Jul 11, 2015 9:25 PM

May 2015
We're getting a few more hints on whether or not MC is human or not. I wonder what he was about to say at the end.
Aug 17, 2015 1:30 AM

Nov 2012
No Head Dragon dun goof'd now by messing with miyuki
tatsuya shall smite them

the T-800 terminator sent by the bookies was tossed about like he was nothing

the wincest was stronger than usual

Jun 11, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
After the incident with Kobayakawa it was clear that the No Head Dragon would try to do more of these things. But holy shit Tatsuya don't mess with a pissed of Tatsuya, his face expression and especially his eyes, it looked like he wanted to kill that guy. :D

Kudou is a really cool old guy, he seems to have a lot of interest in Tatsuya.

Hmm I also don't like this Tatsuya and Miyuki complex to much, it goes way over the normal brother/sister relationship, but like Tatsuya said the only feeling left for him is the one to his sister. So I don't wonder to much about it, even if it's often embarrassing over 9000 and a shame for the other girls like Mayumi :P

And wow at Yanagi, Shigeru and Fujibayashi. They all look so strong, but good to know that there are more badass characters in this anime >.<

The Mirage Bat was awesome. Miyuki used the first time her flying magic and won of course very easy. It's a very graceful competition. I didn't expected that all the other competitors would use it also at the next battle, but of course they don't have the endurance and practise with it.

Gunism said:
I wonder what he was about to say at the end.

I also wonder what he wanted to say. Hopefully there will be something about it in the next episode.

Jun 15, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2016
So they tried to temper with her cad. That flying magic sure is an advantage for miyuki. Brother complex still getting stronger.
Jul 19, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Magical computer virus? o_O Oh well, practical flight magic is here, sorry Muggles you'll have to stick to jetpacks and anti-gravity units for now. LOL

Tatsuya looks pissed, hmmm maybe he'll do something about it just like what he did confronting that CAD inspection technician?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 20, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
tatsuya...got mad for the first time... that was fun to watch
Dec 6, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2015
Omg I find it BS how the committee leaked the flying magic info, fck those other schools.
Apr 21, 2017 12:36 PM

May 2015
Flying magic is op. PLZ NErf.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2017 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
The tournament staff leaked the spell to the other schools? And they are allowed to use it? Thats ridiculous. Even if the spell was technically already released, it's clear nobody had any idea how to use it.

So the tournament staff disqualifies one school for using a restricted spell after failing to prevent the sabotage (technically, as it's clear now that it was one of the staff who put the spell there, there would need to be a rematch), but allow the other match after Masaki broke the rules continue. Given that nobody did anything, a victory by Third High would have been recognized.

And now they not only leak the spell, but allow everyone to use it. O_o

It's one thing to not being able to prevent the sabotage, especially with someone from the staff being "in" on it. But the other events clearly show that the staff is either completely incompetent, or play favourites - which is also incompetent for a tournament staff.

They could *maybe* have banned Miyuki from using flight, as *that* device didn't go through inspection..on the other hand, their boss told Tatsuya that there is no need for another inspection...

Playing favorites, famous/"important" people getting away with a clear violation of rules.. I wonder if this is an oversight by the writer(s)/being lazy, or a "nod" to the many corrupt sports/tournament organization in real life.
Aug 18, 2018 3:48 AM

Apr 2013
More borther/sister complex stuff which is quite cringey. Else Tatsuya saves the day once again together with his colleagues. Seems like those Chinese scumbags are fucked now.
Jan 23, 2020 11:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was actually a good episode with some great siscon moments lol
Jul 5, 2020 5:55 PM
Feb 2018
Oniisamaoniisamaoniisamaoniisamaoniisamaoniisama HOLY**** Christ. Cringe character. My ears are almost bleeding
Aug 9, 2020 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
The wincest is strong in this episode lmao.

Anyway, the terrorists continue to sabotage the tournament but Tatsuya and the military prevent them. Never make Tatsuya angry! The Mirage Bat was very beautiful at the end especially at night. It looks like this arc is going to end in the next episode, so far its much better than the first. I hope it does not disappoint.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2020 7:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, they keep continued the competition day, eh without even touched the after match event reaction from the previous episode. Okay, then, lets move on!

What i got here? Ah, right, that international syndicate showed themself again. They were so cruel. They finally concluded that they needed to using an even rough way, wanna go rampaging shit, than just a simple sabotages way, to disrupted and forcefully stopped the 9SC events. However, they failed. They never knew that the casual army from Tatsuya's divison already standby with the worst situations. Still, its because of the previous scheme from, Mizuki, that being the first one who realized what was goin on in the first scene. Poor that senpai, for getting such a bad day like that.

Anyway, Tatsuya, with his absolute anger, found the real culprit, and almost ripped him apart. However, its not happening. Because that strongest old man stopped that shit out and explained the name of the magic technique they used with the whole sabotage schemes from all of the previous episode. Interesting direction, finally all pieces or puzzle already been solved ....

So, yeah, thats it. Even i don't even know if anything just ended up well enough, it might led into another chaos. So lets see whats happened in the end. At least i got some spectacular scenes, here and there. The real Tatsuya's wrath. An enjoyable mirage bat matches from Miyuki that stunned peoples with Taurus's new inventions magic. Lol. She looked so funny that she skited herself with the whole flying scenes. Peoples might became more jealous with that. Then the last, the damn moment in the bedroom. Almost it led into something, if these show turned out into another genres. Lol.

Thats it for me.
badabassOct 6, 2020 7:19 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 27, 2022 12:24 AM
Oct 2019
what does he "think"? he looked upset

how convenient that the very first person that enhanced human tried to kill was military personnel... that was a waste
Apr 9, 2022 3:13 PM

Mar 2019
"Ore wa" what, sadly I won't be able to continue for the next 6 days so the answer will have to wait. Great episode again, weird how the flying magic was just given out like that, to everyone.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 19, 2022 6:59 AM
Jul 2022
hgdfdsjnfhfjhfjjfdjfksdlnfdfjeioejfiouljfd
Sep 29, 2022 2:29 PM
Sep 2022
The episode was mid
Dec 28, 2022 10:01 AM
Jan 2016
My only issue with this anime is that weird / uncomfortable relationship between brother and sister. The story could have benefited without it being extremely intimate.
Aug 19, 2023 11:50 AM

Nov 2010
Mizuki looks cuter without glasses.
Wincest FTW! Tatsuya should've hugged her while lying in bed with her.
Even when everyone has flight capabilities, Miyuki's mana reserve is superhuman.
All the enemies so far have been beaten so easily. There's zero sense of danger as long as Miyuki & Tatsuya are involved.
Those girls got so sweaty from all that flying. I wish I could lick their super sweaty, salty & sour armpits!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - 8 hours ago

22 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.