Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2014
This is how the pacing should've been.
Jul 27, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
AHAHAH Kirito thinks he's a guy cause he's flat chested but wait till he goes into the bathroom and sees he is a girl xD wait... Which bathroom is he going to go in anyway? 0.o
Jul 27, 2014 1:47 AM

Feb 2014
The femboy trap is so stong. Finally getting this arc going.
Jul 27, 2014 1:49 AM

Feb 2011
majiloveanime said:
AHAHAH Kirito thinks he's a guy cause he's flat chested but wait till he goes into the bathroom and sees he is a girl xD wait... Which bathroom is he going to go in anyway? 0.o

no bathrooms in mmos

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 27, 2014 2:03 AM

Jun 2013
Wow he even has a girly voice .. . . Sounds a bit more like Aito
Jul 27, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2013
Kirito, a guy that looks like a girl, sees Sinon and goes: "SHE thinks I'm trying to hit on her".
The background characters see him play and go: "SHE is so cute!" and things like that.
How do they know that they're female?

I suppose it works like this: almost everyone gets an avatar based on his real-life gender, but Kirito got a rare avatar; so I assume that every girl gets a girl avatar.

Is this explained in the novel (like the fact that Kirito played racing games)? Do you recommend me to start reading the novels from SAO 1?
I'm tired of missing half of what's going on because of this adaptation.
Jul 27, 2014 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
Sinon was so cute in this episode :D
Jul 27, 2014 2:15 AM

May 2013
I really like Kirito's avatar I might use it as a profile pic, his (or her) voice changed and lets give props to his VA.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 27, 2014 2:16 AM
Dec 2013
So that's why Sinon did not camp and keep on firing shots with her sniper against behemoth on episode 2.

The first shot of a sniper does not have any "bullet line" but the succeeding shot has, and with that distance behemoth can just walk while evading the shots.
Jul 27, 2014 2:18 AM
Jul 2014
This was an awesome episode. Kirito meets Sinon. Sinon thinks Kirito is a girl, Sinon gets surprised by h4xx0r reflexes. I enjoyed it.
Jul 27, 2014 2:39 AM

Mar 2013
Hearing the "photon sword" sound effect just made me laugh like crazy XD. Expected more Kirito gary stu action and was not dissapointed since im watching sword art online so yep looking forward to the action scenes :P.
Jul 27, 2014 2:51 AM
Nov 2013
I'm ready for Gun Gale Duty Episode II: The attack of the trap kirito.
Jul 27, 2014 2:54 AM
Jun 2014
the animation is orgasmic
Jul 27, 2014 2:55 AM

May 2012
Small differences from the LN. Overall pretty decent.
Jul 27, 2014 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
asad_watcher_ said:
the animation is orgasmic

The art is great. The animation in this episode ranged from bad to nonexistent.
Jul 27, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2011
One of the only reasons I was even watching SAO2 was to see female Kirito, but all I got in the end is a regular bishounen that looks like a not so convincing trap. I feel cheated. :(

I will still watch the rest though, if only for Kajiura's OST. I was kind of disappointed with everything else so far, the first season was more entertaining.
Jul 27, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2011
"I'M GOING TO BLAST YOU TO THE MOON."

^Best English I've heard in an anime show since forever.
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Jul 27, 2014 3:46 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Kitoge said:
Well, I came back to check on the discussion, and here's what I think:

I'm still upset at the people criticizing Kirito's "overpowered" and "perfect" abilities which are irrefutably disproved when Kirito fails at shooting. I'm still upset at the people criticizing Kirito's dodging which is explained in the episode and has been explained continuously in these forums. I'm still upset at "paied," and I seriously hope it wasn't misspelled and that it means something else, which is probably not the case.
No it wasn't. The most we got was a slight amount of focus on the NPC's face while shooting and Kirito going "I predicted the prediction lines haha"

There was very little to suggest what actually happened, going by the explanations we got from the LN readers

Yes it was.

How Kirito survived soloing SAO death game? BY predicting opponents and anticipating their moves.
How Kirito survived the minigame? BY predicting opponent and anticipating the moves.

Does it really have to be SPELLED OUT if its damn obvious?
Jul 27, 2014 4:01 AM
Dec 2013

Oh look, tales of zestiria.

A tales game to be released on 2015.
Jul 27, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2009
^^^now that someone mentioned the Tales game, I feel sad because many japanese games stay in japan and there's bound to be so many good jrpgs i don't even know of ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

As for the anime. KIRITO IS A CUTIE 10/10 would
Probably the episode I've most liked yet, hoping the rest of the episodes also will be good.
Jul 27, 2014 4:21 AM
Dec 2013
fanshii said:
^^^now that someone mentioned the Tales game, I feel sad because many japanese games stay in japan and there's bound to be so many good jrpgs i don't even know of ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

As for the anime. KIRITO IS A CUTIE 10/10 would
Probably the episode I've most liked yet, hoping the rest of the episodes also will be good.

IKR...

So since the tales game in SAO is either already released or about to be released, then the year in SAO should be either 2014 or 2015 lol.
Jul 27, 2014 4:57 AM
Feb 2013
Urgh I just watched this and I'm not one to hate for no reason, but there is so much bull in this episode that I just dont buy. For one the arcade machine. Look I get that people are saying its full dive, so your abilities carry over, but that just blatantly isnt true. Lets look at the facts. Kirito says he put most of his points in power, then some in agility. The first episode sets up the majority put most of their stats in agility. Now 2 problems arise here. 1) if it was purely his own ability, adding points into an agility stat would be worthless. 2) the amount of people preceeding him who failed, youre telling me not one of those had full agility builds like the meta was literally days ago, and even then, not one of them got lucky? I just dont buy it.

Secondly the buggy, Why bother to make a point of nobody can use it. There is no explanation as to why kirito would be one of the few who can control it, its not like he rides a vehicle in any other series, nor does it add anything other than "we should point out Kirito can do no wrong". Itdve been fine if hed just grabbed a buggy, but this just served to blow his abilities out of proportion.

Lastly, why is his avatar rare again? Lets be honest, if you have a game where you dont pick your own avatar, you wouldnt add in super rare avatars that you get at spawn. All that would do is serve to generate hate. I dont see the point, and I honestly don't think the writer of this knows basic game design.

Seeing as this has served to vent my rage a little bit some positives. Still loving the music, the atmosphere of wherever the hell they are is pretty nicely animated, and honestly it was refreshing to see Kirito fail with his pistol. If hed got a perfect shot then and there I wouldve just quit this outright.
Jul 27, 2014 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
Of course Kirito has some OP speed stat. Why not just look at the stats and surprise the hell out of Sinon with it xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 27, 2014 5:27 AM
Jul 2014
novaspire said:
Urgh I just watched this and I'm not one to hate for no reason, but there is so much bull in this episode that I just dont buy. For one the arcade machine. Look I get that people are saying its full dive, so your abilities carry over, but that just blatantly isnt true. Lets look at the facts. Kirito says he put most of his points in power, then some in agility. The first episode sets up the majority put most of their stats in agility. Now 2 problems arise here. 1) if it was purely his own ability, adding points into an agility stat would be worthless. 2) the amount of people preceeding him who failed, youre telling me not one of those had full agility builds like the meta was literally days ago, and even then, not one of them got lucky? I just dont buy it.

Secondly the buggy, Why bother to make a point of nobody can use it. There is no explanation as to why kirito would be one of the few who can control it, its not like he rides a vehicle in any other series, nor does it add anything other than "we should point out Kirito can do no wrong". Itdve been fine if hed just grabbed a buggy, but this just served to blow his abilities out of proportion.

Lastly, why is his avatar rare again? Lets be honest, if you have a game where you dont pick your own avatar, you wouldnt add in super rare avatars that you get at spawn. All that would do is serve to generate hate. I dont see the point, and I honestly don't think the writer of this knows basic game design.

Seeing as this has served to vent my rage a little bit some positives. Still loving the music, the atmosphere of wherever the hell they are is pretty nicely animated, and honestly it was refreshing to see Kirito fail with his pistol. If hed got a perfect shot then and there I wouldve just quit this outright.

I'm pretty sure this was explained earlier by somebody. The reasons for these are explained in the light novel, but not on the anime.
First, for the arcade game. You do see that Kirito is running left and right, and right after that we were shown that the gunner's eyes are following him, right ?
At that moment, Kirito is actually testing the gunners, confirming that the gunners runs on a same system as the mobs in SAO and ALO. In SAO and ALO, he fought mobs that shoots out arrows, venom and others long-distance attack. But, eventually he discovers that those mobs always looked to the direction where they'll attack, and thus, he was able to dodge. And in this case, the arcade game's gunners actually do the same thing.
That's why Kirito was able to clear the game, because he has fought that kind of enemy numerous time.

Second, the buggy. This was also explained in the novel.
You do remember that the whole SAO-series takes place at the near-future, around 2022-2025 right ?
At this period of time, manual motorcycle were rare. Most of them were replaced by automatic, electric one. That's why, not so many people is capable of riding the buggy, which is manual transmission.
So how come Kirito is capable of driving it ? Simple, look at his motorcycle in real world. He drives an old, manual transmission one given to him by Agil's friend.
Back to the game, Kirito isn't the only one capable of riding the buggy. In the novel, Sinon's line was actually "There isn't even many male players who can drive it well".
And to give you a little bit spoiler, later we will see someone who is capable of riding an even harder to handle vehicle than the buggy.

Third, rare avatar ?
Well, I couldn't argue about the game design thing. But, as for why Kirito is able to get the M9000 rare avatar is due to his enermous play-time of over 1 years in total.

PS : Sorry for my bad English.
Jul 27, 2014 5:56 AM
Feb 2013
Delca said:
novaspire said:

I'm pretty sure this was explained earlier by somebody. The reasons for these are explained in the light novel, but not on the anime.
First, for the arcade game. You do see that Kirito is running left and right, and right after that we were shown that the gunner's eyes are following him, right ?
At that moment, Kirito is actually testing the gunners, confirming that the gunners runs on a same system as the mobs in SAO and ALO. In SAO and ALO, he fought mobs that shoots out arrows, venom and others long-distance attack. But, eventually he discovers that those mobs always looked to the direction where they'll attack, and thus, he was able to dodge. And in this case, the arcade game's gunners actually do the same thing.
That's why Kirito was able to clear the game, because he has fought that kind of enemy numerous time.

Second, the buggy. This was also explained in the novel.
You do remember that the whole SAO-series takes place at the near-future, around 2022-2025 right ?
At this period of time, manual motorcycle were rare. Most of them were replaced by automatic, electric one. That's why, not so many people is capable of riding the buggy, which is manual transmission.
So how come Kirito is capable of driving it ? Simple, look at his motorcycle in real world. He drives an old, manual transmission one given to him by Agil's friend.
Back to the game, Kirito isn't the only one capable of riding the buggy. In the novel, Sinon's line was actually "There isn't even many male players who can drive it well".
And to give you a little bit spoiler, later we will see someone who is capable of riding an even harder to handle vehicle than the buggy.

Third, rare avatar ?
Well, I couldn't argue about the game design thing. But, as for why Kirito is able to get the M9000 rare avatar is due to his enermous play-time of over 1 years in total.

PS : Sorry for my bad English.

Well i cant argue some of the points here, but the first one, i dont care if he was looking at the eyes, he shouldnt have been fast enough due to his spec points being place elsewhere.

The bike one ill give you, cos i forgot he had his own bike. but still, its kinda stupid. To be honest is that even shown in the anime? if not the point is still valid.

As for the avatar, again, i dunno where you got that point. to me, i am only watching this, so the rare avatar was pulled out of nowhere, and seemed really poor choicewise to me.

Lastly, and to everyone defending a lot of points in here. YOU CANNOT USE THE LIGHT NOVELS AS A DEFENCE. I shouldnt have to read a completely different medium for this to make sense. Thats not how things work. Judge this anime by the anime itself, and as the anime goes, hardly anything makes sense, or is not explainied at all either due to time constraints or poor script.
Jul 27, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
Kirito had the fastest reaction time in SAO - Aincrad and was gifted dual-wield as a result.

Explains everything. From reaction time to dodging bullets, to seeing the direction of the barrel and peopls arm and dodging. Oh, and instantly reactiog and compensating the poor handling of a vehicle.

Fun episode. If I took it seriously, what I wrote above is a load of a cow's golden wonder but it's just...FUN. :P
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jul 27, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2013
I'm not even mad that Kirito beat the arcade game, at this point I was actually thinking why the other players are so stupid. They pointed out more than enough how "pro" this game is and yet people rely on "prediction lines" to dodge bullets. I mean, really, that sounds pretty casual compared to our, not in the future, real world where you don't have "prediction lines" in shooters to see where you get hit in a second if you don't dodge. So what Kirito did was basically what we do while playing fps games, predicting where our opponents will shoot on our own instead of relying on red glowing markers. Jumping up after you get so close that the guy has to aim down a little bit (the point where apparently no one else was able to dodge with the "prediction lines") is something everyone with a little common sense would've figured out.

What I think is actually a little more annoying is that they feel to need to point out "how special" he is every 5 minutes. Oh, rare, female avatar? Nope, even more rare female looking male avatar. See those buggies over there, almost no one else is able to handle them in this freakin' online game, what a awesome, user friendly design choice. It's not like the developers have gone out of their way to add prediction lines to the shooting part so it's easier to dodge but vehicles that players can actually drive easily, what a crazy idea! Just let him get into the game like everyone else, just take the buggy and drive it, no reason to point out his ultra rare avatar and incredible driving skills. -_-

Those two, little parts were so unnecessary, really. If they didn't point out his rare avatar nobody would've noticed or cared (the other guys tried to hit on him because he was looking like a girl after all, not because his avatar was rare). And it's the same for the buggies, nobody would've noticed if later no other character would be driving around with those.
DancingJackJul 27, 2014 6:52 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 27, 2014 6:48 AM
Feb 2013
Destroy them with fuckin' lazer sword, Kirito!
kcuf
Jul 27, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2014
lol, game designers give us virtual reality like this already, screw real life :D
Jul 27, 2014 7:23 AM

May 2013
Awesome, it's Girl Kirito! Or Female Kirito! Or known by most as Trapito!
I shall call him Trapito until Sinon finds out he's actually a guy! (^_^)

So Sinon helps Trapito buy some guns, but he has no money.
So he went badass and won some gambling game with his awesome reflexes.
And as we all know it, he instead buys a photon sword called the Kagemitsu G4.
But he still needs a gun so he gets the FN Five-Seven.
And he drives a buggy motorcycle at the end with Best Girl, Sinon.

Hopefully more game mechanics and a bit of action next episode!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 27, 2014 7:25 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode as usual, Kiritos reaction to his feminine looking avatar was brilliant. He met Sinon pretty quick. Trust Kirito to go for the beam saber. He dominated that shooting challenge, those expert skills are really transferable. 5/5
Jul 27, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
Dat Trap Kirito dammit. This doesn't feel right at all. <_<

Lol'd at the first thing Kirito did, to check his chest and see if he got a girl avatar.

So Kirito lost ALO stats right because he converted to GGO? Also, I looked into the LN version of this ep. It says he got a rare skin of males which look like so cu.. err..rare?

Also, SAO II's pacing looks good. S1 adapted 4 LNs and with this season it looks like they are keeping the pace steady. So we will see Callibur and Mother's Rosario adapted, when exactly will GGO end?..I wonder.
Jul 27, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
novaspire said:

DancingJack said:
I'm not even mad that Kirito beat the arcade game, at this point I was actually thinking why the other players are so stupid. They pointed out more than enough how "pro" this game is and yet people rely on "prediction lines" to dodge bullets. I mean, really, that sounds pretty casual compared to our, not in the future, real world where you don't have "prediction lines" in shooters to see where you get hit in a second if you don't dodge. So what Kirito did was basically what we do while playing fps games, predicting where our opponents will shoot on our own instead of relying on red glowing markers. Jumping up after you get so close that the guy has to aim down a little bit (the point where apparently no one else was able to dodge with the "prediction lines") is something everyone with a little common sense would've figured out.

What I think is actually a little more annoying is that they feel to need to point out "how special" he is every 5 minutes. Oh, rare, female avatar? Nope, even more rare female looking male avatar. See those buggies over there, almost no one else is able to handle them in this freakin' online game, what a awesome, user friendly design choice. It's not like the developers have gone out of their way to add prediction lines to the shooting part so it's easier to dodge but vehicles that players can actually drive easily, what a crazy idea! Just let him get into the game like everyone else, just take the buggy and drive it, no reason to point out his ultra rare avatar and incredible driving skills. -_-

Those two, little parts were so unnecessary, really. If they didn't point out his rare avatar nobody would've noticed or cared (the other guys tried to hit on him because he was looking like a girl after all, not because his avatar was rare). And it's the same for the buggies, nobody would've noticed if later no other character would be driving around with those.

It's all needed to feed kirito's badass meter. I tend to see a lot of excuses as to why kirito is able to do these things, problem is, they've read the manga,I haven't, so they can say those reasons. From watching both anime's, there's no fundamental reason as to why he can be so agile, even though he technically hasn't got as much agility as the people before him.

All in all, it's terrible writing in full view that only a couple of people will latch on to.
Jul 27, 2014 7:38 AM
Oct 2012
DancingJack said:
What I think is actually a little more annoying is that they feel to need to point out "how special" he is every 5 minutes.

Two things. He is an OP in a shounen story. But more importantly this is the result of story compression. The same thing happens over at Mahouka. The novel gives a lot more details which makes more sense of things, but because the animators have to cut things out because of time/attention issues, you get the "high" points, which is all the awesomeness.

Though I should point out that they showed him absolutely sucking at shooting, so at least it wasn't "100%" awesome 100% of the time.

The female avatar was important because it allowed him to approach Shion, and even the buggy will prove to be important in that Shion is starting to have fun in the game. Both are important points for the development of the story.
Jul 27, 2014 7:38 AM
Jul 2014
novaspire said:

Well i cant argue some of the points here, but the first one, i dont care if he was looking at the eyes, he shouldnt have been fast enough due to his spec points being place elsewhere.

The bike one ill give you, cos i forgot he had his own bike. but still, its kinda stupid. To be honest is that even shown in the anime? if not the point is still valid.

As for the avatar, again, i dunno where you got that point. to me, i am only watching this, so the rare avatar was pulled out of nowhere, and seemed really poor choicewise to me.

Lastly, and to everyone defending a lot of points in here. YOU CANNOT USE THE LIGHT NOVELS AS A DEFENCE. I shouldnt have to read a completely different medium for this to make sense. Thats not how things work. Judge this anime by the anime itself, and as the anime goes, hardly anything makes sense, or is not explainied at all either due to time constraints or poor script.

Mmm, actually I can still give some defense, but most of it will have the novel / side-story manga as a reference. Okay then, since I couldn't use the light novel, I will just give my own knowledge and opinion, based on the anime.
PS : Would you mind not to use capitalized words ? I feel it's as if you're shouting it in front of me...
Sorry if I said something wrong, I just want to give some respond from what I know here.

The arcade game. Hmm, let's get back to how long that character has been used. The ALO's Kirito was made on January 20th, 2025 (SAO ep 15 around 21:35). The same character was then converted to GGO on an unknown date. But we know that at least it is after December 7th, 2025 (SAO II ep 1, Asuna's phone). So he got about 11 months to level up that character.
For a VR game maniac like Kazuto, don't you think he might have spent so many hours playing during those 11 months ? That 11 months are more than enough to get a lot of status points.
So, my point here is that even though the character "Kirito" has most of its status points on STR, he might have spend a lot of points on AGI as well.

I've played MMORPG before, and from my experience, it's rare for a player to really focus his status points on one attribute and leaving the others at low points. For example, I've played as a swordsman before, and I won't spend 50 points on STR while my AGI is still sitting on 15. When I'm attacked by similar or higher level mobs, it's all over since my char won't be able to dodge.

To be honest is that even shown in the anime?

Sorry, I don't quite get it, what are you referring by "that" ?

The third point, the avatar. Emmm, honestly I couldn't argue about this at all without the novel or the manga. So I'll use the manga just this once, but I'll try to keep this short.
In the Girl's ops manga, there's actually another SAO survivor (lots of play time) that gets a similar "fate" as Kirito.
Any further than that would be a spoiler, so I'll stop there. My point is that, Kirito isn't the only one getting rare things like that.

The last one, I'm not gonna argue about this at all. To be honest, I kind of agree with this. The anime, while it is on a same series, is a standalone thing. It should be viewed independently. An anime which fails to make the audience understand about what's happening can be considered bad in a way.
Back in the first season, I watched the anime first and kind of getting interested in it. But since a lot of details were missing, I started reading the novel. And like many of the others here, we found out that the first season is "horrible" in explaining details.
Now, we got SAO II. While some things are still left out, I really appreciate this better than the first. They're explaining more things, they're taking it slowly. On top of all that, they're actually willing to make it, to animate it. While I have my own complains, honestly, I couldn't ask them for more. Instead, I wanted to appreciate their works this far.
DelcaJul 27, 2014 7:43 AM
Jul 27, 2014 7:41 AM
Apr 2012
I love this episode. I love how Kirito is totally bad with guns and won that game in one try.
Jul 27, 2014 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
jdbe said:
It's all needed to feed kirito's badass meter. I tend to see a lot of excuses as to why kirito is able to do these things, problem is, they've read the manga,I haven't, so they can say those reasons. From watching both anime's, there's no fundamental reason as to why he can be so agile, even though he technically hasn't got as much agility as the people before him.

All in all, it's terrible writing in full view that only a couple of people will latch on to.
It's not rocket science to figure out that the 2 years of living in Aincrad fighting for his life Kirito learned AI behavior, and then later it was said that all new VR games are based on SAO so NPCs/mobs follow the same AI patterns as in SAO (which Kirito is familiar with).

I have not read the novel btw.
Jul 27, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2014
Kirito would make a good girl. ;)
Jul 27, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Splitter said:
Marzan said:
This Trap is going to launch a thousand doujinshi's, I'm calling it right now.

It's not even that good a trap. I suppose if it gets us some "Asuna on top" doujinshi I could be down for it... wait, what?

Im glad ,that i wasn't only one who thought trap Kirito was bit of letdown.
Jul 27, 2014 8:03 AM

Jan 2014
seems like the Story is gow going to rolling ^^
Jul 27, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
I have a feeling Kirito's avatar was that goverment guy's fault, though heck if i'm complaining.
And he just happens to find her in an abandoned alley-way. What the hell was she doing there?
Ha, OP Kirito is still OP even without his awesome items and lack of knowledge with guns.
Copyright~
Motorbikes. Because awesome. (Seriously, either you have to have skill for that tat only a few people have or no-one rides motor-bikes IRL).
Looking forward to next episode.
Jul 27, 2014 8:14 AM

Nov 2012
Hmm that was a pretty fun episode actually..

So Kirito isn't actually turned into a girl, he just has a feminine appearance I suppose. Seems like his voice changed too.

Of course we know Kirito will own that game. Nice English on the cowboy robot actually.

Its nice to see Sinon behaving amicably with someone within GGO for once, she's like a completely different person. Normally she's all closed off and cold seeming, which I guess is to stop the 1000s of guys from constantly hitting on her and bothering her I suppose.

We will finally get to see Kirito in action next episode I'm guessing.

SAO II has been pretty solid so far. Bit of a slow buildup with Sinon's character and introducing GGO world, but done fairly well though so far. Let's see what they do with this upcoming tournament thing and the main meat of the show (I'm assuming him trying to find deathgun? and random adventures/things happen on the way)

Not a light novel reader, but its pretty obvious kirito will get found out by sinon at some point. I was suprised she didn't make a comment when she grabbed his chest on that motorcyle. xD
Jul 27, 2014 8:19 AM
Dec 2011

Kirito is now popular among boys too. He is also good at being a kawaii trap.
He is OP as always.
Jul 27, 2014 8:26 AM
Jul 27, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2014
The first season almost killed me but i don't know if i'll be able to finish this.

Kirito is just to OP, and everyone is just naturally attracted to him.

God its not hard to make an anime with a sense of progression.
Jul 27, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2012
Kirito is already hacking everything with his awesomenss. *Sigh*
Why even call that energy sword Photon Sword when it's obviously a lightsaber?

Takuan_Soho said:
Another perfectly decent show.....

Overall series is holding at a steady 8, nothing that is great, but nothing that detracts. Just nice entertainment.

Are you kidding me? 6 is a decent score, 8 is a GREAT score.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jul 27, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2013
It seems like Kirito can do stuff just for the sake of doing stuff that's not really explained.

10 minutes into game - beats minigame noone can win
12 minutes into game - buys weapon nobody can use
15 minutes into game - drives vehicle nobody can drive

Jul 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2013
StormBoi said:
Kirito is just to OP, and everyone is just naturally attracted to him.
He is not OP. What he did is something he's been doing for years in SAO and ALO.

They are attracted to him because they think he's a female, and like Sinon said there aren't many females in GGO.

euphoriia said:
If you even bothered to think a little the first one makes sense, second one is false since it wasn't said that "no one CAN use it." And it also makes sense given Kirito's skill set. Third one also makes sense since again they didn't say no one can drive it, they said it's hard to drive and Kirito is able to drive it because he has a license and can drive a motorbike in real life.
Jul 27, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
euphoriia said:
It seems like Kirito can do stuff just for the sake of doing stuff that's not really explained.

LastChapter said:

"It's not that he can predict the bullet line, he's actually reading the shooting line from the enemy's eyes which allows him to grasp where the trajectory of the bullet will be.

It was explained in the novels that he received training in SAO and ALO with similar enemies that would should arrows, venom, magic, etc."

2. People can use it. They just choose not too.
3. He rides a bike irl.

Jul 27, 2014 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
So far I'm liking this a lot more then the first season.

We actually see Kirito buying weapons, earning money, and just interacting with other. The arcade game was my favorite part. It was even more funny that the Cowboy spoke english.
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.