Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Last ep. was Roppongi, now Tochou's turn. (Ah, Train guy taking care of the trouble depends on where the customer ride in... sorry for the bad grammar.)

Train guys are bored that the customer is not coming. Shasho and Akari came in with the info. of the customer. The customer comes in from Tochoumae, so Tochou is going to take care of the trouble.

No one came in when the train arrived to Tochoumae. Shasho said the customer is late. It was turns out that the OL lady (the customer for this ep.) is waiting for passport that she's afraid of picking up.

Every train guys are doing their own things while Tochou's being serious. Tohoku is watching Shinsengumi-related video on his computer. Ryoukoku is good at making tea. Roppongi's doing report for the last ep. (Tochou is very impressed) Tsukishima's making monja-yaki, which Tochou didn't know how to be serious anymore. Everyone ended up eating monja-yaki that Tsukishima made.

Akari commented that if Tochou is too serious, his brain will break!

Shasho told Tochou that the customer will be arriving soon. When she arrived, Tochou greeted her. Mai is her name. She already took care of her trouble herself. She said she's going to quit her job.

Other train guys left, while Tochou sat beside her. Tochou assures that Tochou is caring for her, which everyone never cares about her. She was transferred to oversea, which she didn't want. That's why she was at passport officer but didn't pick up. Tochou brought her back to Tochou with a quiz and central park. Tochou knows that Mai also hides her true trouble. The true reason for wanting to quit job.

Roppongi has finished his report.

She and her boyfriend broke up because he doesn't want to do long distance relationship. Tochou, then, brought her to a room with night scene (even though it's still day time).

Tochou says the end is the new beginning. Mai is better now and got her passport.

Tsukishima is pissed at other train guys not appreciating his 3 meal monja-yaki. Others went to see Tochou. So... Akari ATE ALL!! Tokugawa commented that Tsukishima's scary.

Next ep. is Shinjuku's turn (according to official anime site).

Preview... The train guy at the right is for this ep. while the train guy at the left is for next ep. (See the pattern! For 1st ep. Roppongi was at the right while Tochou was at the left. 2nd ep. Tochou was at the right while Shinjuku was at the left. )
tsubasaloverOct 11, 2009 12:41 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 12, 2009 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
What the hell is wrong with these people?! Who makes food like that on a train?! XD They're a bunch of idiots!

What I want to know...is what the other people are thinking when these women are wandering around talking to themselves.

This series is cute, but garbage. That's how I describe it. It's entertaining garbage :)

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Oct 12, 2009 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
Cooking in the train x_x

Somewhat okay episode~

Oct 12, 2009 2:48 AM

Jan 2008
The 1st part was funny. The girl part was boring. They should make ~5 min episodes without the "let's save the girl" part instead.
Oct 12, 2009 6:42 AM

Dec 2007
what is this i dont even....

At least the voice actors are good and the OP is pretty nice as well.
Oct 12, 2009 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is so bad that it's good. I'm mostly in it for the hot guys and the voice actors. Hellooooo, Shinjuku. :3
Oct 12, 2009 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
Even the bishies can't save this show for me. Dropped.
Oct 12, 2009 11:40 AM

May 2009
Well, at least the beginning was worth a laugh. I'm only in it for the seiyuu anyway, though.
: : Anime : : Manga : :
: : Translation Blog : :
Oct 12, 2009 1:18 PM
Nov 2008
I think it was a pretty funny episode,though i think i kinda liked the other one better...or is it because roppongi looks cuter?..=))..anyway...it's exaggerating to call this series garbage >_<....well,it's not EPIC or AWESOME ...but it is watchable and sorta nice and relaxing...some ppl are so ungrateful..plus...bishons and good seiyu-'s !
Oct 12, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Love the opening and ending themes. Hate Mai. I hope the next problems are more impressive than this one. >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2009 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
this episode = GAR

It was so boring that I found myself zoning out like half the time. If it continues on like this, consider this show dropped. Not even the hottest bishounen can save them from being a crap show

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 12, 2009 6:52 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 2 and id say that this anime is not as bad as i thought it would be.
its not too cool but i still think ill keep on watching it.

ill also give this episode a 2/5 like the first episode but i will continue to watch this.
Oct 12, 2009 9:02 PM

May 2008
So there isn't a main female? Interesting..

And I guess the historical facts were alright..

This anime's probably going to get a 6-7 out of me :/

Oct 12, 2009 11:02 PM

May 2008
Food! rofl i tink tis how was pretty awesome

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 12, 2009 11:34 PM

Feb 2008
I swear, my fave character in this whole series has got to be Tokugawa the dog. xD
I LOVE his side comments. xD
He always make me laugh-out-loud. xD Haha~ ♥
This ep was pretty good. :'3
I think better than the first ep. :']
I can't wait for the next ep. ^_^

Oct 13, 2009 10:04 AM
Dec 2007
Yoshiki said:
The 1st part was funny. The girl part was boring. They should make ~5 min episodes without the "let's save the girl" part instead.

Exactly my thought. I think I'll drop this series even if this is clearly a good series, well-directed, funny, with good characters and musical parts, because the the format and script are not the right ones imo.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 13, 2009 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
This anime is so silly but I won't drop it because I'm a crazy person who doesn't drop anime
Oct 13, 2009 3:17 PM

Aug 2008
Blah episode. Not much else to say beyond that besides Tochou's cheesy pick up lines.
Oct 14, 2009 5:07 AM

Oct 2009
Well I found the information of this episode interesting like objects smaller than 250cm can be allowed. Akari-chan is pretty cute too as a guide. Mai-chan looks like a serious woman compared to Chinatsu but that is because one works and the other goes to school. Good information for me again. Good that Tochou convinced Mai to go to USA even if the boyfriend broke up with her.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 14, 2009 12:44 PM

Mar 2009
Uskaro said:
What the hell is wrong with these people?! Who makes food like that on a train?! XD They're a bunch of idiots!

What I want to know...is what the other people are thinking when these women are wandering around talking to themselves.

This series is cute, but garbage. That's how I describe it. It's entertaining garbage :)

Pretty Much agreed.

Oct 14, 2009 2:29 PM

Mar 2008
Tokugawa is hilarious! xD
Tsukishima was also pretty funny during this episode. It's just too bad the rest of the show can't really be helped. Kind of a random bishounen story...
Oct 15, 2009 6:13 AM

Dec 2008
Yep Yep ^-^
The characters have great personalities that's what makes this anime entertaining. Though this ep is not that interesting..I caught myself spaced out a few times XD and wishing it moves a bit faster huhu
Oct 15, 2009 4:55 PM
Feb 2009
This series is cute but seriously, who cooks in the train (Trains personified by bishies, that's what D:)

Though the little tidbits of pop up info are pretty interesting. :p
Oct 15, 2009 11:08 PM

Oct 2009
Elika said:
This series is cute but seriously, who cooks in the train (Trains personified by bishies, that's what D:)

Though the little tidbits of pop up info are pretty interesting. :p

No one is supposed to. It was joke. One of the guys said that natural gas is not allowed in trains.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 16, 2009 6:37 AM

Jun 2008
This anime is silly , but i wont drop it because of the voice actors :3
Oct 19, 2009 12:24 PM

Jun 2008
aww, I actually enjoyed this episode more than the last one. I thought the girl's problem was more substanstial and realistic. It was very funny too, and we got to see more of the station's individual personalities~
I felt sorry for Tochou at the end. REJECTED. xD
Jun 25, 2010 2:55 PM

Jul 2009
I liked this episode better than the first. The girl was more interesting and less annoying I think. Pretty funny too :P
Nov 26, 2010 4:49 PM

Aug 2009
Cute but garbage. Perfect description.

Aww Tsukishima <3
Jun 10, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
Saki Tochou taking the stage this ep o
Jun 15, 2012 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
This is a comedy. So many cheesy moments!

"That's 10 years."
me: LOL

It's not bad enough to be dropped for me. I've seen worse. XD
Feb 24, 2013 12:14 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It's only the second episode, but I'm really liking this anime! Episodic anime are always refreshing~ Tochou's way of dealing with his customer was very creative. Of course, the "every end is a beginning" theme has been seen before, but it was nice to see that he connected that with his own station being the end and the start of the Oedo line.

You also get to see all the stations' personalities at the beginning, which apparently goes along with something that is known in their location. I like learning about the station while watching the anime, it's pretty fun. Tsukishima is so funny with his monja XD
Dec 12, 2013 8:03 AM

Jul 2012
Well at least I'm getting some notes for my Japan trip plan.
Dec 5, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2010
Uskaro said:

I agree. The endings are way too rushed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Taken off of Crunchyroll

tinywoodenrobot - Aug 15, 2023

0 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 15, 2023 7:01 PM

» Miracle Train Question?

haihaig - Feb 26, 2017

1 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2009

24 by Maou_heika »»
Feb 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2009

33 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2015 1:56 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 15, 2009

19 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 19, 2015 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.