Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2009 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
lol Iva's a she now.

honestly I don't care that much for all the fight's going on right now even though they are awesome they're just preparation for the 'real' fights..

I just want to see White Beard rage~!
Oct 8, 2009 5:50 PM

May 2007
Wait, so after sending all the Strawhats to separate ways, Kuma agrees to have all his memories erased? Huh? Why? And why did he send them apart in the first place? :P

Anyway, Boa is soooooo cute and hilarious and I love her. XDD
Mhm, Mihawk, huh? I don't want him to fight Luffy. His true opponent should be Zoro. :O

Oct 8, 2009 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
NoyaChan said:
Wait, so after sending all the Strawhats to separate ways, Kuma agrees to have all his memories erased? Huh? Why? And why did he send them apart in the first place? :P

to save them?
at this point i will assume kuma becoming a pacifista has nothing to do with the SH, especially he started his modifications long ago.

plus, it's not really luffy v. mihawk, it's more like luffy surviving mihawk's blade.
it's not a fight, it's a test (like with WB).
Oct 8, 2009 7:07 PM
Nov 2007
NoyaChan said:

Anyway, Boa is soooooo cute and hilarious and I love her. XDD
Mhm, Mihawk, huh? I don't want him to fight Luffy. His true opponent should be Zoro. :O

from the start of this war there is not a single constant fight so I doubt this one will be... It is too early for them to confront and beat these great men... Luffy must have defeat two shichibukais but Mihawk is way out of his league and he is Zoro's opponent... I doubt if Zoro will come to his aid, he still has long way to go to beat Mihawk so it won't be a real fight, I am more like interested in who will come to Luffy's aid...
Oct 8, 2009 10:07 PM

Jan 2008
Niceeee, Boa's cuteness has no end XD
Oct 9, 2009 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
Ha ha ha! I loved it when Boa was so excited about 'marriage'. Brilliant!

And Kuma being turning into a machine bit by bit. He really reminds me of the Terminator now. Oda why do you always have to leave us on a cliffhanger???

Oct 9, 2009 1:32 AM

Apr 2009
Animegal9215 said:
Ha ha ha! I loved it when Boa was so excited about 'marriage'. Brilliant!

Big Time For Hancock ! Loved that part too ^^

Really wonder what was Kuma's conditions to let the government make him a puppet... Don't think he'll put himself as experiment, just like that...

Mmh... I'm curious about Buggy's plan too... :P

So many actions to follow ! One piece is awesome : don't have the time to breath !! lol
Oct 9, 2009 2:03 AM

Dec 2008
Everyone is supposing that Luffy will be saved again, just like he was saved from Kuma by Ivankov and from Smokes by Hancock. If he'll be saved again, it will be the third time and it's not Oda's style to repeat same thing over and over again (except Impel Down's level/chapter formula). Also, Buggy is way too weak and I believe Marco will interfere only if it's Luffy vs. logia-fighter.

fisher_88 said:
plus, it's not really luffy v. mihawk, it's more like luffy surviving mihawk's blade.
it's not a fight, it's a test (like with WB).

I agree. Although Mihawk is indeed a dangerous opponent, if Luffy is able to prove his strenght there's even an possibility that Mihawk betrays the World Goverment for Luffy. I believe that when WB war is over, there's no loyal Shichibukai left. Heck, even now there's only Kuma (I still can't think he's really as loayl as it seems), Donflamingo (he does what he wants) and Mihawk (nobody knows what he thinks) still fighting against WB.
Oct 9, 2009 2:37 AM

Jun 2009
not another 2 weeks, damn!
Oct 9, 2009 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
Henna said:

there's even an possibility that Mihawk betrays the World Goverment for Luffy

huh ??
why is that ? o_O
dont think he'll 'betray' WG, he will stay shichibukai and fight zoro ...
Oct 9, 2009 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
I also think that Shanks is the next one to show up XD
Oct 9, 2009 8:04 AM

May 2009
zerron said:
I also think that Shanks is the next one to show up XD
Do you really think that Shanks will endanger his entire crew just to help a rival? He is already doing too much by holding back Kaidou...
Oct 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
yeah Shanks will have his own Arc, as well as Dragon i think...

dont think Dragon will make an appearance here :(
Oct 9, 2009 10:27 AM

Jan 2008
lawl I have a feeling that there will be a lot of new shichis after this war :3
Oct 9, 2009 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
I can't help but think the strawhats are gonna show up and kick some major ass soon :P
Oct 9, 2009 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
Zell182 said:
I can't help but think the strawhats are gonna show up and kick some major ass soon :P

HELL NO.

they dont space here... there are way too many characters here in this war, so its too confusing if they will appear..

+ they wont appear)) they havent finished there adventures yet)
Oct 9, 2009 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
They will probably meet back at Shabondy and then free every prisoner on that island after defeating Celestial Dragons for good.
Oct 9, 2009 5:01 PM
May 2009
Wooot, can't wait for what will happened between Luffy and Hawk Eyes.. Some swordman will probably saved Luffy
Oct 9, 2009 6:05 PM

Oct 2009
Just an OK chapter. This battle is more and more annoying. Too much people with too much power. But Mihawk is so cool! ^^
Oct 10, 2009 2:39 AM

May 2009
lequinow said:
Just an OK chapter. This battle is more and more annoying. Too much people with too much power. But Mihawk is so cool! ^^
We're being pampered with characters we've only seen in single panels, and loads of new characters, doubtless to feature again if they survive! How can that be annoying on any level? Unless if annoying somehow means exciting in your dictionary, then i see...
Oct 10, 2009 4:49 AM

May 2009
smokes said:
Zell182 said:

HELL NO.

they dont space here... there are way too many characters here in this war, so its too confusing if they will appear..

+ they wont appear)) they havent finished there adventures yet)
I wouldn't be so certain about that. Remember they landed on their islands at the same time as Luffy. Though i am not supporting the idea that they will join the battle.
Oct 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
well yeah, but look at the zoro's cover, Oda showed it now, in the middle of the battle...
that means that they are still out there training etc..

he wont make a chapter where will show them how they got off the island and going to luffy just to be in the war))

the reunion will be after this war ofc, after he saves ace, then they will meet somehow at that boat ) with the help of the paper)
Oct 10, 2009 1:00 PM

May 2009
smokes said:
well yeah, but look at the zoro's cover, Oda showed it now, in the middle of the battle...

he wont make a chapter where will show them how they got off the island and going to luffy just to be in the war))

the reunion will be after this war ofc, after he saves ace, then they will meet somehow at that boat ) with the help of the paper)
Actually, the event you are looking at now concerning Zoro, probably happened when Luffy was being chased around at Amazon Lily. I don't see how showing it now(during the battle) would mean that they are still training. I don't know how long it's been since then but they're probably already at Shambody...
Oct 10, 2009 2:35 PM
Nov 2007
gastricjuice said:
smokes said:

Actually, the event you are looking at now concerning Zoro, probably happened when Luffy was being chased around at Amazon Lily. I don't see how showing it now(during the battle) would mean that they are still training. I don't know how long it's been since then but they're probably already at Shambody...

how can they? it is only nine or ten days after they got apart... their training will last longer than that, at least to reach shabondy and I thnk Oda uses this war to give the crew a break for training
Oct 10, 2009 2:44 PM

May 2009
Tomoe said:
how can they? it is only nine or ten days after they got apart... their training will last longer than that, at least to reach shabondy and I thnk Oda uses this war to give the crew a break for training
They are not formally training, they where dropped in regions where they would learn new skills. I'm more than sure that they are desperately worried about their Nakama and thus would try their best to make it back to Shambody. Meaning, they probably won't spent more than 1-4 days on their islands...
Oct 10, 2009 5:08 PM
Nov 2007
gastricjuice said:
Tomoe said:
They are not formally training, they where dropped in regions where they would learn new skills. I'm more than sure that they are desperately worried about their Nakama and thus would try their best to make it back to Shambody. Meaning, they probably won't spent more than 1-4 days on their islands...

still it is early for them to be on Shabondy, luffy can make it to Impel down because he was on a marine ship, I don't know how can they make it to Shabondy from their unusual and scattered islands in this short period...
Oct 10, 2009 5:18 PM

May 2009
Tomoe said:
still it is early for them to be on Shabondy, luffy can make it to Impel down because he was on a marine ship, I don't know how can they make it to Shabondy from their unusual and scattered islands in this short period...
We can't honestly say that for sure! From what we know so far, Kuma was helping them survive! The benefit they get from the islands is the topping on the cake i guess. From this thread we can surmise that he has not scattered them too far apart geologically. Meaning they would easily regroup within a few days. I'm willing to bet they've all regrouped already! And might be sailing off to where Luffy is fighting, but of course they will arrive long beyond the climax of the battle. imo
Oct 10, 2009 10:01 PM

May 2007
gastricjuice said:
From this thread we can surmise that he has not scattered them too far apart geologically. Meaning they would easily regroup within a few days.

What are you talking about? There's no evidence to surmise the fact that they aren't scattered far apart. On the contrary, you can surmise they ARE scattered rather far apart. They are all in different blues as well. Robin is in East Blue and most of the other SH's are on various islands on the Grand Line. Whether these islands are close to one another, who knows.
Oct 10, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2009
vindemon64 said:
What are you talking about? There's no evidence to surmise the fact that they aren't scattered far apart. On the contrary, you can surmise they ARE scattered rather far apart. They are all in different blues as well. Robin is in East Blue and most of the other SH's are on various islands on the Grand Line. Whether these islands are close to one another, who knows.
I never said there is clear evidence to surmise what i speculated. Like i said, the only proposition there is to suggest that he did not scatter them ridiculous distances all over the grand line, is the fact that he was saving them(Not sending them to pre-planned islands where a *Master Roshi* would be waiting for them for intense training!)!
East blue is not far from the grand line! Depending on which section of the grand line they entered, the Other side of the Redline(Which would mean they have to go under the red line to reach Shambody) or the same side they where sailing on when heading towards the redline(Which would mean they have to skip the calm belt)
Oct 10, 2009 10:45 PM

May 2007
gastricjuice said:
vindemon64 said:
I never said there is clear evidence to surmise what i speculated. Like i said, the only proposition there is to suggest that he did not scatter them ridiculous distances all over the grand line, is the fact that he was saving them(Not sending them to pre-planned islands where a *Master Roshi* would be waiting for them for intense training!)!
East blue is not far from the grand line! Depending on which section of the grand line they entered, the Other side of the Redline(Which would mean they have to go under the red line to reach Shambody) or the same side they where sailing on when heading towards the redline(Which would mean they have to skip the calm belt)

In the quote I highlighted a few posts above, you said that "from this thread we can surmise...." which, the way I read it, meant that there was enough evidence to validate that hypothesis. And I don't think you can assume that just because he saved them (which, if we're talking about technicalities. is also another assumption because we don't have written validation that Kuma intent was indeed "saving") that it means he sent them all close to one another. If that were the case, one could argue that he would have sent them all to the same place. :/

However, the whole "east blue is not far from the Grand Line" is a bit preposterous. In that case, all of the blues are not far from the Grand Line. It really depends on what island they landed on to determine how "far" it is from the Grand Line. Not to mention that the Grand Line is immense itself. But anyway, this is all nitpicking small points, and in the end, I really don't think it matters all that much at the moment.
Oct 11, 2009 12:04 AM

May 2009
gastricjuice said:
"from this thread we can surmise..."
This meant that if you are thinking on the logical "thread" that he is in fact trying to help them.
vindemon64 said:
And I don't think you can assume that just because he saved them (which, if we're talking about technicalities. is also another assumption because we don't have written validation that Kuma intent was indeed "saving") that it means he sent them all close to one another.
What on earth was he doing then? We both know he holds some regard for the strawhats from his encounter with Zoro.
vindemon64 said:
If that were the case, one could argue that he would have sent them all to the same place. :/
True, but are you willing to argue that He sent one of them to the new world? The islands where they could possibly improve are the topping on the cake-he did after all know that they're relatively weak...
vindemon64 said:
However, the whole "east blue is not far from the Grand Line" is a bit preposterous. In that case, all of the blues are not far from the Grand Line. It really depends on what island they landed on to determine how "far" it is from the Grand Line. Not to mention that the Grand Line is immense itself. But anyway, this is all nitpicking small points, and in the end, I really don't think it matters all that much at the moment.
Well ofcourse all blues are part of the grand line, they're just separated by the calm belt...

I really need to get the definition of nitpicking on these forums i think might have it wrong. Nothing wrong with criticizing the other persons entire post and opinions so long as they are relevant to the matter. Actually saw no nitpicking in your post -_-

Anyway, If you can't defend everything you say then you really shouldn't be saying anything at all...
Oct 11, 2009 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
gastricjuice -- so do you think Oda will make 1-2 chapter right away to ''complete'' there adventures and showing how they got of the island ?? it would be very fast...
Oct 11, 2009 12:47 AM

May 2009
He's more likely to do that on the cover pages, even if they do appear(and i doubt) It wouldn't be odd to have a cover story of a character while that character is in that current chapter since the cover depicts much older events...
Oct 11, 2009 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
in my opinion the next cover wont be with there Adventures...

but Oda will end there adventures right after the big war...
like before impel down ark.... he showed a little info, then on covers, then after this arc will continue ))
Oct 11, 2009 8:01 AM

May 2007
gastricjuice said:
Anyway, If you can't defend everything you say then you really shouldn't be saying anything at all...

??? What are you talking about? Defend what? I already counter-argued all of your points in my previous response.

As for my Kuma response, you misinterpreted my point. I do agree with the assumption that Kuma "saved" the Strawhats during the attack by the Pacifista and Kizaru. My only point was because it hasn't been proven factually yet (i.e., can you point me to the exact page where Kuma stated that he planned on saving the Strawhats?) in the manga, its still only an assumption derived from the events that has occurred.

And I never said Kuma sent them to the New World. I actually have no clue how you even came to the conclusion that I mentioned that. All I was saying is that from the way you're making it sound (maybe I'm reading it wrong), it seems like you think just because they are on the "Grand Line," it means they are all automatically close together. And all I was trying to say is that's a ridiculous statement.
Oct 11, 2009 8:33 AM
Nov 2007
well, actually our thoughts don't matter what matters is Oda's thoughts, so we will wait and see...
TomoeOct 12, 2009 5:35 AM
Oct 11, 2009 10:18 AM

May 2009
vindemon64 said:
??? What are you talking about? Defend what? I already counter-argued all of your points in my previous response.
Well, i was not referring to you in particular. This is more related to what i said about nitpicking and criticizing everything...

vindemon64 said:
As for my Kuma response, you misinterpreted my point. I do agree with the assumption that Kuma "saved" the Strawhats during the attack by the Pacifista and Kizaru. My only point was because it hasn't been proven factually yet (i.e., can you point me to the exact page where Kuma stated that he planned on saving the Strawhats?) in the manga, its still only an assumption derived from the events that has occurred.
Pretty much the only thing one can surmise given what has happened, his character and the fact that he is now dead. He sent most of them to places where they'd mysteriously benefit from simply being there! Come on! But i guess One Piece is huge, who knows what's going on underneath whats already underneath the woodworks :P

vindemon64 said:
And I never said Kuma sent them to the New World. I actually have no clue how you even came to the conclusion that I mentioned that.
Well, i got the feeling you're saying he scattered them everywhere regardless of position from the rest, meaning anywhere around the world.
vindemon64 said:
All I was saying is that from the way you're making it sound (maybe I'm reading it wrong), it seems like you think just because they are on the "Grand Line," it means they are all automatically close together. And all I was trying to say is that's a ridiculous statement.
gastricjuice said:
From this thread we can surmise that he has not scattered them too far apart geologically
I never said they where in close vacinity, just that it wouldn't be a great burden when they need to regroup.

Tomoe said:
sometimes it is pointless to argue about things in this forum, it is pointless to impose your thoughts onto someone else and I think gastricjuice I think that is what you are doing... everybody states their thoughts, and your thoughts are not facts too... everybody can miss some points and even if they can't defend them they can share so that more close thoughts appear or predicting becomes more fun... well, actually our thoughts don't matter what matters is Oda's thoughts, so we will wait and see...
How am i imposing my thoughts on others? I actually make special attempt to not do that -_- Giving the other person ample opportunity to raise their view and not branding their arguments ridiculous! I've always been indifferent...

<edit>Removed huge error xD And not one person noticed XD Hahahaha!
gastricjuiceOct 11, 2009 2:51 PM
Oct 11, 2009 11:28 AM

May 2009
smokes said:
in my opinion the next cover wont be with there Adventures...

but Oda will end there adventures right after the big war...
like before impel down ark.... he showed a little info, then on covers, then after this arc will continue ))
Hopefully he updates us on Bon Chan T_T
Oct 11, 2009 11:51 PM

May 2009
gastricjuice said:
I really need to get the definition of nitpicking on these forums i think might have it wrong. Nothing wrong with criticizing the other persons entire post and opinions so long as they are relevant to the matter. Actually saw no nitpicking in your post -_-

Gosh, what an asshole!
gastricjuiceOct 12, 2009 1:42 AM
Oct 12, 2009 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
I definitely think that Kuma saved straw hats ass as he whispered something to Rayleigh in the middle of his fight with Kizaru that even surprised Rayleigh. I believe it was about the plan to get the straw hats out of there and by doing that, Kuma in a way opposed to the orders of the government since Kizaru was also disappointed with his actions and he had a brainwash or something like that afterwards.

As for the next chapter, I'm speechless and just doing what I can, waiting for Oda sensei to rise the curtains once again. Imho, neither will the straw hat crew nor Dragon, Shark vs.. will make an appareance in the near future, at least in this arc. But this way, it's pretty impossible for them to beat the three captain and Garp(? maybe will fight ?) Though it would be incredibly awesome to see WhiteBeard take on the three admirals!
Oct 13, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
no, Dragon has more than 50% to appear...
because they showed Flashbacks with him in the Impel Down arc, so that we will be prepared for his arrival)
Oct 13, 2009 2:24 PM

Jan 2008
You know, you do not have to reply every post bashing your ideas which are purely assumptions of yours although you have a tendency of making them seem like "what i say is right!". We do not need any other versions of "Fai" in another anime/manga thread. Thank you.

So, a mere flashback makes Dragon's appareance more than fifty percent probable? Though I agree that without any further assistance, WB seems to be at a disadvantage, at least in numbers. However, with a huge help such as Dragon and his army, it'll be an instant game over for the WG.
May 30, 2010 6:52 AM

Feb 2009
Boa's scene was hilarious as was Luffy's "Sumo attack"!

The ending was WOW
Sep 29, 2010 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
I feel kinda sorry for Kuma.

But.. LUFFY AND MIHAWK UP NEXT.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 25, 2017 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
Kuma is now 100% robot, that's sad.
Dec 26, 2017 1:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and now is Mihawk the obstacle!!!
Sep 9, 2018 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
Marriage? Lol Hancock is awesome!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 20, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2017
OMG! I just can't picture the Straw Hats crew's reaction if they found out that such looker like Hancock would fall for Luffy.

I'm not at all interested about Luffy fighting Mihawk. He will only slow Luffy down and he's not an opponent you can easily defeat. Mihawk vs. Zoro is something I'd really look forward to in the future since they both use swords.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 5, 2021 5:48 PM
May 2020
Hancock, I know you aren't a virgin... not if you were a slave of the Celestial Dragons... a big hug does not equal marriage.

Also, how the heck is Luffy going to survive Mihawk? He is freaking Dracule Mihawk!
Oct 6, 2022 1:48 AM

May 2021
Shanks somehow gotta show up. No way is Luffy defeating Mihawk.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

38 by dobbs »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.