I'm back! I returned after years of absence to annoy you all. ;) Now I have one hellish project to remember every single anime and manga I've read since my last update...
Who the hell I think I am?
Hi everyone! I'm Henna. Nice to meet you!
I'm a person who gets addicted easily to everything, but who gets bored fast as well. I have had many different hobbies from football to volleyball and from writing to acting, and I'm always been very enthuastic about everything I do. But this enthusiasm also ends easily. It seems it's different with anime. I "found" anime in my late teens, and now, years later, I can still say that watching anime is my hobby although I'm more casual about it than I was in the beginning.
Altough I'm sometimes an interesting mix of hikikomori and otaku, luckily I have friends who bring me back to normal life so I don't totally forget how to communicate with living people. :D With my friends my personality is like Luffy (see below) but here in MAL I pretend to be somewhat mature. :)
By Mal's calculation I've spend over a hundred days while watching anime. I can't say that I know everything about anime but I've wathched enough to form my own taste in anime.
I like One Piece, Arakawa under the bridge and Gintama's sitcom humour, but I don't understand humour of shows like Love Hina or Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei. I enjoy psychological shows like Monster and Death Note, yet I never became fan of Code Geass or XxxHolic. I like several romantic comedies like Nodame Cantabile yet I hate many shoujo series like Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Sometimes I can't explain why I like or dislike a show but usually my enjoyment depends on plot and characters. As a whole I don't have a single favorite genre although I watch light-hearted comedy shows more than dark and twisted thrillers.
If you look at my anime list you find a sea of series I have dropped. Basically, if I'm able to watch the series to the end it's interesting enough to get 10-5 points. If I don't like the series, I don't torture myself with it.
I don't think anime as an art, so I don't care so much about things like music and animation. I demand entertaiment, and music and animation are parts of it, but not everything. Plot and characters are much more important to me. If a dialoque gets me laugh aloud, I'm happy enough.
I don't need anything too deep, I watch Discovery Channel or do my homework if I feel like using my head. Philosophical animes like hack.//Sign or Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya aren't my thing.
- One Piece! My number one forever! No need to add anything else.
- Prince of Tennis, Hajime no Ippo, Eyeshield 21, Hikaru no go, One Outs, Kuroko no Basket
- Fruits Basket, Clannad, Oresama Teacher, Ouran High School Host Club, Nodame Cantabile, Lovely Complex
*Supernatural and Dark
- Death Note, Blood+, Jigoku Shoujo, Monster, XXXHolic, Gantz, Attack on Titan
- Gintama, School Rumble, Full Metal Panic!, Kami nomi zo shiru sekai, Beelzebub
Usually my time passes while watching anime. A lot of anime. :D But my true love right now is manga called One Piece.
One Piece is my superüber-favorite manga ever! I love it more than any anime I have watched till now. March 2008 I wanted to know what happens in the next episode of One Piece and so I read manga and I got immediately hooked. The plot, the characters and the perfect balance of action, comedy and seriousness made me a total OP-fan.
Lately I have found some other manga that I found really intriguing.
My Manga top-list
1. One Piece (Best series ever!)
2. Angel Densetsu (Hilarious!)
3. Eyeshield 21 (Hiruma is the greatest character ever!)
4. The World God Only Knows (Pretty mediocore but I can't help it, it's damn funny. Lately, the plot is getting deeper.)
5. Oresama Teacher (I'm a female, so of course there's at least one shoujo manga on the list.)
Hmm, it seems that there's only comedy series on my list. But who cares, it's fine as long as I'm having fun.
I also like these very much:
- Akumetsu (I think I'm a bit sadistic since I like this)
- Bitter Virgin (cry and read)
- Change 123 (something different)
- Gokusen (watch anime first)
- Wakusei no Samidare & Mirai Nikki (warped)
- Liar Game (ingenious)
- Team Medical Dragon (I don't usually care about politics in manga but Akumetsu influenced me to read this too)
- Until Death Do Us Part (cool action)
- Attack on Titan (this year's  'the thing')