Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 2:30 PM

May 2014
So... Vivi is also chaika?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; image is too big.
julyanJun 25, 2014 10:57 PM
Jun 25, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
Reaction upon seeing Vivi become Chaika: "What the CHAIKA!?!?!?!?!?"

Mind = BLOWN ; pieces are stuck to the ceiling and I can't get them off.

That cliffhanger alone 11/10

Episode as a whole: 8.5/10
Jun 25, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
Glilette is dead huh.. (Doubt it though.)
Vivi, transformed into a Chaika? The hell? Certainly couldn't have seen that coming.
The shock of Gillette's death probably caused it
Lol Frederica's chibi form XD
Didn't expect that.
Oh and Tooru has a chance to be come a dragoon cavalier. Nice :)

Uleq112i said:
Are you guys blind, pause on Gillette moment before laser strikes him. There are two copys of Guy there so for sure he survived.

otice that.
Oh wow, didn't notice that. Guess I am blind.

8/10
Looking forward to S2.
SandyBoiJun 25, 2014 2:55 PM
Jun 25, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2009
ChibiFrederica is the cutest
Jun 25, 2014 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
I lost it when I saw what Frederica pull out. I mean it was like a gory scene from "Alien", her dead body's stomach swelled up, then exploded and... a chibi Fred appeared. I did not expected that and I burst out laughing.

Overall I really like it. The LN readers said it was kind of rushed compared to the original work but I didn't really felt that (gonna read to check). 8/10
I've only seen 3 Sasaki Ichirou's works (including this) and I absolutely love what he does. I enjoyed it more than NGNL to be honest.

My only complaint is that Bones gave more money for Captain Earth (and maybe Soul Eater Not. Can't tell, not watching it). I hope the 2nd season's animation/art will improve.
Jun 25, 2014 3:03 PM
Jan 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
Just because her hair turned white doesn't mean she's "become" a chaika. At least, we have zero information that would support something like that happening. I think for now it's safe to assume her hair turned white out of shock, which is something not unheard of.

And I think Gillette is dead, we can't compare him to the immortal Fredrica.

Vivi's hair turned white, her eyes turned from blue to violet, and her eyebrows got bigger. She's definitely turned into a Chaika. Maybe everyone will become Chaika.
Jun 25, 2014 3:04 PM
Nov 2013
Ah chibi Fredrica was so cute <3
So I guess we can all agree that Vivi is real Chaika yes?
Waiting for season 2 is gonna be a pain in the ass. 8/10, definitely contender for AOTS.
Jun 25, 2014 3:05 PM
Jan 2011
Madcat6204 said:
The odds of Gillette being dead are pretty minimal. As evidence I provide this screenshot taken moments before the beam would have hit him.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/Madcat6204/HitsuginoChaikaepisode12Gilette_zpsdb5204a7.png~original

Hint: look behind him.

So Guy is the main bad guy who turns people into Chaikas?
Jun 25, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
MysticArte said:
Madcat6204 said:
The odds of Gillette being dead are pretty minimal. As evidence I provide this screenshot taken moments before the beam would have hit him.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/Madcat6204/HitsuginoChaikaepisode12Gilette_zpsdb5204a7.png~original

Hint: look behind him.

I've always had suspicions of Guy being the main villian, what I've seen now just increases those suspicions. My running theory is that Guy is the spirit of Emperor Gaz, who will be restored upon gathering of his remains.

[http://funnymama.com/post/295581]
Jun 25, 2014 3:33 PM
Apr 2014
Very satisfied with this series. I got the adventure I wanted, and the fights were great to boot! Season 2 can't come soon enough for me! For me, not every episode has to be action packed, I love learning small things about characters, what they aspire for, what is their favorite food etc etc. Overall this was the show I didn't expect to perform, that performed VERY well in my books.
RuinsInTheWindJun 25, 2014 3:41 PM
Jun 25, 2014 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
Any Dark Souls players here?

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 25, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013

My favourite scene in the anime along with Toru's sneaky stab, found them hilarious. .
Jun 25, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
dafaq... Vivi just "chaikafied" :/

And dat Akari cock-block scene <3 ohohohoho

good last episode~ a cliffhanger IMO.

9/10
Jun 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2010
I lost it when Chibi Frederica emerged.

No corpse = Gillette is still alive.
Jun 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
It's just a three month hiatus now.
Jun 25, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
what a convenient misfire... to accidentally wipe out the ground troops

Anyways... they were so close... Chaika and Toru ALMOST kissed D:
duderusJun 25, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 25, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2012
There were two Guys behind Gilette so I dont think he's dead yet.

And was Vivi turning into a chaika at the end?
Jun 25, 2014 4:29 PM
Nov 2013
i bet gillette was saved by "guy", he prob wouldnt die so easily. like whats the point to kill him off? it was prob to introduce Vivi's powers like Torus iron blood. i wonder what her power is? if iron blood is bravery. then is Vivis shock or some other emotion? anyways gillette will prob come back like fredrica did except in a less gruesome fashion
Jun 25, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2012
This show exceeded my expectation and overall it was a very good anime. 8/10
honestly didnt expect much from the beginning and now its better than black bullet that i thought would be great.. meh

well anyway, Vivi hair turns white? Is she another Chaika too... whoa this might be a plot twist haha.

And why did that blue chaika surprise at the sight of the mysterious guy?

cant wait for the next season...
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly underrated, I am glad I watched this on a whim. I was not disappointed and I can only imagine how much more plot in S2.

7/10 :)
Jun 25, 2014 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
chibi frederica so funny XD classic.
wooooooooowowow slow down this vivi being a chaika business has no grounding. (idk though might be talking shit havent read the LN).
but just cause her hair starts turning grey doesnt mean he a evil warlords daughter.,
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 25, 2014 5:19 PM

Apr 2013
Purple Chaika?
The Chaika disease is spreading slowly.
Jun 25, 2014 5:26 PM

Jun 2007
Was already quite certain Guy was the mastermind behind everything. I don't think Vivi was a Chaika, Guy just seems to be able to change someone into one (had to replenish his stock after losing one after all).
Jun 25, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
wtf Vivi turned into Chaika. Didn't see that one coming o_O

Chibi Frederica was adorable <3.

The final fight seemed really anti-climatic. Overall a decent fantasy/adventure series. Will definitely watch the 2nd season in the fall.

7/10

duderus said:
Chaika and Toru ALMOST kissed D:

they kinda did when Chaika was giving him air :3.

Jun 25, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode ! Is Vivi turning into what I think she is. I'm looking forward to watching season two.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jun 25, 2014 5:40 PM
Apr 2012
did vivi become a chaika? i wonder what's the condition to become chaika ...
Jun 25, 2014 5:42 PM
Apr 2012
Bheaze said:
chibi frederica so funny XD classic.
wooooooooowowow slow down this vivi being a chaika business has no grounding. (idk though might be talking shit havent read the LN).
but just cause her hair starts turning grey doesnt mean he a evil warlords daughter.,

well her blue eyes became purple like chaika's too so
Jun 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
Chibi Frederica was awesome xD

So, in the end that girl called Vivi turned out to be Chaika too? Hum... Probably Chaikas are made of having too much stress or sadness?
Jun 25, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
*HOLY FUCKING CRAP I can't wait for Season 2! Loved this show!

*Yay, Akari returns to her normal badass self.

*I kind of feel bad for Blue Chaika :(

*TORU X CHAIKA KISS!?!?!?! [Shocking Truth!]

*Fredrica so kawaii as a chibi ^_^

*Oh God Vivi what happened to you? Don't turn yandere on me now...
Jun 25, 2014 5:57 PM

Sep 2010
Thank god there is a second season.. I have so many questions. And I'm completely not satisfied with Gilettes death. Something just seemed off about it. Hopefully he isn't dead. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And also, when they finally killed the bad guys it seemed so rushed.. So much build up, and then in a minute all is done and everything is back to normal. Still love the series, but that was some reaalllyy bad pacing.

Also.. Dat kiss.. I honestly didn't expect that, and it was extremely cute.

Come on October, be here sooner so I can find out what happens! (I know theres a light novel but shh animation is lovelier)

FateHero said:
MysticArte said:

I've always had suspicions of Guy being the main villian, what I've seen now just increases those suspicions. My running theory is that Guy is the spirit of Emperor Gaz, who will be restored upon gathering of his remains.

[http://funnymama.com/post/295581]

You just completely cleared things up for me in two short posts.

Maybe being a Chaika is something that is implanted in you at birth, and an extreme emotional event is what leads to your powers awakening? And "guy" is the one responsible for creating the circumstance for the Chaika to awaken.

Sort of like.. An excess of magic builds up within you and triggers something (Like how the creep dude killed all those girls for fuel.) My prediction is probably way off sorry y'all.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJun 25, 2014 10:59 PM
Jun 25, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
Well i'm glad Frederica is alive at least. I'm surprised that everyone from Chaika's and Gillette's groups managed to escape alive. With an episode name like "Those left behind" you'd assume some people from either group would die. I guess Gillette payed that price but i don't feel like he's really dead. Although it looks like Vivi turned into another Chaika, perhaps the transformation into Chaika is caused by extreme emotions?
Jun 25, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
This show was nice. I am glad that a second season is coming :)
Jun 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
I don't believe Gillette is dead either. The laser attack wasn't powerful enough to vaporize them.
Jun 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good series.

Inb4 Vivi becomes a psychotic vengeful bitch in season 2 only to find out Gillette wasn't dead.

Chibi Fredrica too kawaii!

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 25, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Man! What an anime! x3
Really awesome, especially the action and fighting scenes. :3 The characters were cool too, so was the atmosphere of like...magic and medieval times and stuff like that....really cool. :3
I liked this anime: From the very beginning where Toru fought a flying, ugly unicorn, to the end where Toru, Fredrica, Akari, and Chaika continue on there journey. :3
Overall a good anime to watch, highly recommended! x3

Ok....so going into the topic of the anime itself......Gilette is...dead? Right? o-o
Vivi's reaction.....White hair? o-o
White....hair.....
WHITE HAIR!!! O-O
Another Chaika is born?! YES! Or..is another one born? Who knows! Second season to explain it! xD
Also! Maybe there will be more different colored Chaika, huh? xD

So can't wait, second season is going to be a blast! XD

OH! ONE MORE THING~!
Chaika and Toru kissed! xD So cute! x3
Jun 25, 2014 7:44 PM

Feb 2014
This show was good in general and one of those shows that is underrated This is the anime that starts my Wednesday anime session ever since it aired and it had a lot of elements that I wish to be explored in season 2. For example why Vivi turned into a Chaika? Who is the "Guy" and why Layla (or blue Chaika) freezes up when she saw him? Will Toru make that contract? Finally, will Fredrica get to fight Toru again? With this and many more so I am interested to see what happens next with the main characters and the side characters. So team hype for season 2

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 25, 2014 7:47 PM
Feb 2011
Great ep. I'm glad Fred is back.
I want less Toru x Chiaka and more Toru x Akari <3. Akari needs to be more on the offensive!
Jun 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Any Dark Souls players here?

this is perfect

show was a little underwhelming in the start but it started to pick up near the end i have hopes that S2 will be a lot better hell Gaz looks pretty insane in the cover page.

and i'm really interested in vivi becoming a chaika, because Layla was once a "chaika" and became free on her own and our Chaika is still kinda Chaika

7/10 for me
Jun 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
So glad Fredrica lived. The way she made her reappearance was so hilarious and cute. <3 her!

Overall I enjoyed this show. Characters were great, especially Chaika and Fredrica. It was a fun watch. I look forward to next season!
Jun 25, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
I think with Fredrica's offer to allow Touru to become her Cavalier the prospective fight to the death is probably off. With the two flying fortresses destroyed, as well as the punitive force, it looks like there is a real power vacuum here, and numerous people aching to fill it. I suspect that Chaika and her party will be fighting their way through a multi-sided war while trying to recover the rest of the remains.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 25, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good mid way finale, I think the execution could had been a tad bit stronger in certain aspects but i was thrown for a loop at certain moments such as gilletes death and vivi actually being chaika. I really like how tooru killed the kid even if its a tad bit anticlimatic, its just badass how he pretty much offed him and then shit talked his skills as just being stabbing making it seem like the little psycho was nothing but a pushover in his final moments

Overall the series has its highs and lows but im very interested in where it goes from here. Its caught me off guard more than it had bored me and I generally thing most of the my issues resided mainly in its introductory stages than its more recent episodes. i liked it and id say its a high 6/10. Had it been a tad bit better executed I think it could had been a 7 but some of its sloppiness at points held it back.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoyed it. Lmao at when Fredrica exploded out of her other body in loli form, was not expecting that.

When Akari hit that mage dude in the head, I kinda expected more... force?

Quite curious now if Tooru will become a dragoon cavalier or whatever, hope to see more in season 2.
Jun 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. Glad Frederica came up with a contingency plan in case her life was in danger, also glad that she dished out a bit of payback. The counts son had to peaceful of an ending for me to be satisfied with his death, considering that he probably killed hundreds of girls. I'm really looking forward to the next season

As for Vivi. Rather than Vivi "turning into" a Chaika, I'd like to think that she was probably already one, but just didn't know it. Seems a little far fetched to believe that people just suddenly turn into Chaikas, but with the way the anime has developed so far and how mysterious the Chaikas already are, I can at least kinda believe that maybe people can become a Chaika, but as of now I think it might be safer to assume that Vivi was already one as I originally stated.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
I wonder if Vivi is already programmed to gather the remains unconsciously through the military. Decent show, will look forward to season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
Fiji said:
The fight with that Ricardo guy seemed anticlimactic for me... but this final episode is pretty good.

It seems Blue Chaika seemed powerless against the guy that gives our White Chaika info.

Vivi is a freaking Chaika as well? What a plot twist!!!

Also, Toru foreshadowed to become a cavalier partner for Fredrica? Looks interesting.

Cannot wait for season 2!!!
Vivi might not be Chaika. There is a disease or something like that that turns your hair white when you experience a sudden shock of sadness. It happened in Gosick to the main character as well.
Jun 25, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
Lunacide said:
Fiji said:
The fight with that Ricardo guy seemed anticlimactic for me... but this final episode is pretty good.

It seems Blue Chaika seemed powerless against the guy that gives our White Chaika info.

Vivi is a freaking Chaika as well? What a plot twist!!!

Also, Toru foreshadowed to become a cavalier partner for Fredrica? Looks interesting.

Cannot wait for season 2!!!
Vivi might not be Chaika. There is a disease or something like that that turns your hair white when you experience a sudden shock of sadness. It happened in Gosick to the main character as well.

but the eyes got purple color too O:
Jun 25, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty solid anime with a lot more to come and its good that they actually confirmed their second season. I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 25, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
Fun series. Great last episode. Loved Akari's hammer to the head. No bullshit talking just death. The biggest problem I had with this series is that I didn't really care about the characters. I only really cared about Chaika. Chaika and Fredrica made the show though. Had some cool fight scenes, Toru is a cool fighter. Didn't really need that scene with Layla and the crazy slasher kid, just made me roll my eyes.
Kuro_Yuuki said:
As for Vivi. Rather than Vivi "turning into" a Chaika, I'd like to think that she was probably already one, but just didn't know it.
It seems ridiculous for people to turn into Chaikas, she must've already been one and she or someone else had disguised her (if it was someone else, they probably wiped her memory too). Second season! Shocking truth! Can't wait! 7/10!
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jun 25, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what? Vivi got Chaika-fied? :o Does that mean being a Chaika is something triggered...that or she was already a Chaika in the first place but why does she look different. My head hurts.

I doubt Gillette's dead. At first I thought Guy appearing behind Gillette was just a mistake from the animators but maybe he had planned this all along. The plot thickens...

Lost it at Mini-Frederica XD Akari has impeccable timing as always when it comes to keeping Toru off Chaika.

8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 25, 2014 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
Wow thank god there is going to be a season 2 because that was on hell of a cliffhanger!

Vivi turned into a Chaika!? That was a bit odd. Toru might form a cavalier dragoon contract with Frederica. Gillete died?! I hope not though. He was the enemy who was trying to understand his enemy it would be a shame to see him die before he obtains the knowledge he was looking for.

For some reason I was laughing my fucking ass off so hard when Akari just clunked that Grad guy in the head with her hammer. I don't know why, but I just found it hilarious.

Speaking of Akari, I was kind of disappointed we didn't see her go saboteur mode at all. I like Toru, and I think he's a badass MC and an excellent fighter, but I wanted to see a couple of scenes focused more on Akari fighting. In the OP you see her swinging her hammer around and stuff and it looks oddly graceful, and I thought that was a little lacking in the actual show. And like I said before, if her and Toru are both saboteurs, then she should go saboteur mode too.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.