Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah pretty classic finale.

Saru is such a hero and bro tbh even towards the very end. Action was okay I guess. We get one final clash betewen Nobunaga and Julius. The climax a bit rushed though imo. Still, I thought series was alright. I was actually surprised by some of the episodes in the second half.
Jun 22, 2014 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
OP at very late (to the extend that there was no OP for it's final ep.).

Nobu called out the fool by his cry. Only Nobu can see what he looks like behind the mask, who is an old guy, with weird eyes? Oh, Saru is alive, as well as Jeanne, by those shinki of deads. Sugita-san's character is one one who get the card this time.

Seihai, the guy's lady appearing, and dragons battle destroying her, and crash of the boss. Noo~, Saru hurt for Sakurai-san's character, who went duel against Nobu. Ichihime's comb was used to kill Nobu. He only destroyed the war and dissolved with Jeanne, to leave rest of two to build peace.

Did Nobu and Jeanne just reincarnate to the present?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 22, 2014 10:55 AM
May 2014
OK i dont think i will ever understand this ep even with the subs...

So who is the woman arthur was doing all this stuff for? guinevere?

Im kinda disappointed they didnt have Caesar and Ichi wasnt shown reincarnated with Nobu and Jeanne, but i guess it might happen somewhere else, at least they are immortalised together in the painting lol

Still Jeanne should be standing with caesar in that museum, and Nobu shouldve walked in with the reincarnated Ichi who is his sister, that wouldve been the perfect ending for me

So Mitsu and Saru wins, i was always sure Mitsu would live, really surprised Nobu died though (Though he more like warped to the future), and they get to share 3 ninja girls (though i would say Saru will end up with the long hair one chacha, who is his historical wife, while mitsu with the Hatsu girl (she seems closest to him) while the last one is just a kid

And so Future Nobu and Jeanne is the reincarnations of Jesus and Mary Magdalene

http://board.futakuro.com/jk2/src/1403454900281.jpg

He is still the best though
jfsJun 22, 2014 11:13 AM
Jun 22, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2013
Nobunaga met Jeanne in modern world. They are going to be a couple again!
Jun 22, 2014 12:51 PM
Jan 2013
Goddamn, I don't even know WHAT to think. All I know is that I did NOT see that coming.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Jun 22, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
LOL MITSU SAVED THE FUCKING WORLD

Exacty what I was hoping would happen, happened. After Arthur died, he decided he would take it all upon himself, that he would kill Nobu of his own will. But nobody expected doing that would prove him the Savior King. Fucking classic.

I really liked the twist with Nobu devouring the ability to make war, Jeanne holding his destruction back to protect the people, and of course Mitsu stopping him before he could devour anymore, and stopping the regalias. I really couldn't be more pleased with this ending.
Jun 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
I have to say, I liked this show a lot coming on to the end. Mitsu was "technically" redeemed himself in the end and was the true savior. This series deserves an 8/10 but i'll give it a 9 since it was quite enjoyable.

The only dislike would have to be alexander... no matter how i see it he was supposed to be weaker than nobu in this fight even without nobu having the regalia
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 22, 2014 1:15 PM
Jun 2014
I'm really not surprised how this ended LOL... Still they could have at least skip the OP for more scenes of the future.
Jun 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
From the start till the end Jeanne was the worst thing in this anime...

I don't like final episode, but I like series...
Really like Ichihime, Caesar, Mitsuhide, Himko and Hideyoshi :)
Soundtrack, opening and endings were cool!
Animation was great!
Seiyuu cast, NakaYuu, Sugita-san, Kaji-kun, Sakurai-san, Miyano-kun and Chihara Minori (and her songs) *.*

This was good series, but NobunagaxJeanne romance was the worst thing in this anime...
This could be better without it or if they showed/created it otherwise
This ship was so forced... and totally made "because hero need girl"
And this reincarnations...
Poor Himiko even in next life she don't have a chance... ;(
Jun 22, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2012
I'm not sure yet how I feel probably because I don't know the stories of the people these characters are based on but the 1 thing I know for sure is I'm glad Mitsu killed Nobu.

Also I hated the romance between Nobu and Jeanne at the end.
KinaroJun 22, 2014 1:30 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:23 PM
May 2014
So all this happened because Arthur wanted to bring Guinevere back to life?

/facepalm

Didnt she cheat on him with lancelot, arthur was the main villain and he ended up dying in the lamest way possible

So Nobu ended up doing the heroic sacrifice for peace so Mitsu and Saru can reshape the world, i didnt expect Nobu to die, but meh, he still reunited with Jeanne in the end

Still i cant get myself to like Mitsu, his redemption seems forced to me after all the suffering and bullying the writers did to him... also

'Ichihime, i finally found my path!' (That is to kill both of your brothers)

IDK i mean i know it all worked out in the end but still, i guess its just me

jfsJun 22, 2014 1:32 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
In Arthur's defense, Guinevere is pretty damn hot in most representations. But it's no wonder we never saw Lancelot at the round table lol.

I actually really liked his fate. He was crushed under the weight of the two dragons he pitted against each other.

I thought Mitsu's line about finding his own patch was great, considering the conversation him and Ichi had some episodes back. She said that dominion could become anyone's path. I don't think he ever truly considered it until now, which is why he said that. He found his path through his own will, thinking nothing of his father or Ichi, but of the peaceful future he had promised Nobu and Saru to capture.

And all the suffering the writers put him through was, like Nobu said, what gives him the resolve to find the most painless path for the new world.
AlexTheRiotJun 22, 2014 1:44 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:39 PM
May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
In Arthur's defense, Guinevere is pretty damn hot in most representations. But it's no wonder we never saw Lancelot at the round table lol.

I actually really liked his fate. He was crushed under the weight of the two dragons he pitted against each other.

Well yeah, but ffs cant we at least get some hints as to what was driving arthurs motivations beforehand? i mean we have all these scenes of arthur talking to himself cryptically, and all this time it was about his dead waifu who also cheats on him with his most trusted knight?

jfsJun 22, 2014 1:49 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Very emotional but also shitty ending. (Not a big surprise since it was over rushed in the end) I mean, where did Guinevere suddenly come from? She is like never mentioned in the series, it's like they just threw her in to give Arthur a reason to be bad. I did like the way he died though. And seriously, Mitsu is the Savior-king? While it's very unexpected, it's also kinda lame. And didn't Nobu promise Himiko he would bring her back to life? Either way, I also liked Nobu's sacrifice.
And, while I know it's an anime, shouldn't Jeanne be dead? I mean, where she was shot, I don't think you can survive that long...
Meh, don't know yet if I give it an 6/10 or 7.
Jun 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the series. A good setting, nice story, lovable characters, enjoyable fight scenes and OST. The show had a good build-up for the last episode, especially since episode 18 onwards, only to lead to a let-down last episode, that felt rushed and like it tried to close every loose end within the 20 min. time frame.
Jun 22, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
MiyuBunny said:
And didn't Nobu promise Himiko he would bring her back to life?

No, he promised her to make funeral and mourn after finishing war with Arthur,
but he said that in nicer way...
Jun 22, 2014 1:50 PM
May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:

I thought Mitsu's line about finding his own patch was great, considering the conversation him and Ichi had some episodes back. She said that dominion could become anyone's path. I don't think he ever truly considered it until now, which is why he said that. He found his path through his own will, thinking nothing of his father or Ichi, but of the peaceful future he had promised Nobu and Saru to capture.

And all the suffering the writers put him through was, like Nobu said, what gives him the resolve to find the most painless path for the new world.

As for each following their own path, i guess so, Nobu kept telling jeanne that he is following his own path and that she should too, and eventually jeanne chose her path to follow nobu even if he is the destroyer king, and Ichi told Nobu she got to follow her path all her life, i guess this show is about everyone finding their path eventually, like caesar eventually chose his path to betray arthur and chose love instead, same for himiko who chose to die for he unrequited love

All in all the ending wasnt that surprising, i was always expecting Mitsu to survive, but that both him and Saru would be supporting Nobunaga instead, never expected Nobunaga to die, instead its just Mitsu and Saru
jfsJun 22, 2014 1:54 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
I didn't expect Mitsuhide to be the hero. Well I am glad it's over. I had a hard time to motivate myself to finish it without dropping. The anime wasn't bad, in fact I liked the beginning but then I lost interest ^^
Jun 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
LittleStar said:
MiyuBunny said:
And didn't Nobu promise Himiko he would bring her back to life?

No, he promised her to make funeral and mourn after finishing war with Arthur,
but he said that in nicer way...

I just rewatched, and he said 'Himiko...I will not mourn your death just yet. Once I defeat Arthur, I will return you to the earth.' Doesn't he mean that he is going to bring her back to life then? Or does he mean that he will bury her then? Either way, it didn't happen...
Jun 22, 2014 2:10 PM
May 2014
Some guys were saying this reminded them of Code Geass ending with Nobu doing a heroic sacrifice like Lelouch, i mean i guess they have a point, since Nobu seems to be planning on getting killed and seems to know what needed to be done to save the world...

So in the end Nobu planned his own death, and even played his part convincingly, he really is a fool lol
Jun 22, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2008
MiyuBunny said:
I just rewatched, and he said 'Himiko...I will not mourn your death just yet. Once I defeat Arthur, I will return you to the earth.' Doesn't he mean that he is going to bring her back to life then? Or does he mean that he will bury her then? Either way, it didn't happen...

Yeah, I think he wanted to bury her, like others...
because this is always like thing that he could make...
But... damn you Nobunaga... -.-

Once again I will said... I don't like that time skip...
Last hope for Himiko was ruined... ;(
Jun 22, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
I thought the ending was OK, I liked the fact that nobu and Jeanne are reincarnated into the modern world. I really liked the site for the first 12 or so episodes, after that I sort of lost interest in it really. Almost an 8, but a rating of 7 is deserved.
Jun 22, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, unexpected ending. Felt rushed, and the worst character in the show: Mitsu, ended up being the savior king. Nobunaga was awesome in this episode though, and DaVinci. Also like that they get reincarnated in the end.
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 PM
May 2014
Oh come on, we all know who is the true savior of the world!

Caesar saved the 'Savior king' Mitsus life in ep 16

So he is the Savior of the Savior-King
Jun 22, 2014 2:32 PM
Jun 2014
I think the end wasn't that good, but it wasn't bad either. I believe that Nobu and Jeanne souls were freed from their physical bodies, allowing their souls to reincarnate, because it was nothing left to do for them in that world. I liked the idea of NobuxJeanne love trascending time and space, pretty romanthic in my opinion, with last breath ending-kiss included. The last 2-3 minutes fixed the plot mess about the savior and destroyer king, in the end the only thing he destroyed was destruction itself.

8/10
Jun 22, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2008
Wow! That was some ending!! So, it was actually Mitsuhide who was the Savior King all along. I didn't expect that, and neither did Mitsuhide, I'm sure. Well, at least the part with Mitsuhide killing Nobunaga stayed trued to the history books.

King Arthur's motives were purely selfish. He just wanted the Holy Grail to bring his lover back to life.

Love that Jeanne and Nobu were reuinted well into the future while viewing DaVinci's possessions.

This was a great anime, imho! 8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 22, 2014 2:46 PM
May 2014
I was totally expecting Hideyoshi to be the savior...not Mitsuhide. The ending was a bit rushed, but the series as a whole was interesting.
Jun 22, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
While I agree that the ending needed another episode to really get an accomplishment I have respect for the ending.

I always felt that what the characters did through the series always had a purpose to it. I could always somehow understand and relate to their actions.

That showed in the final episode, but it really needed more time. A bit of a shame, but I am so happy I watched this. It will actually get a place in my heart and mind even.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jun 22, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Based on the historical context surrounding these characters I always thought Mitsuhide would have kill Nobunaga and in the end that turned out to be a great part of this finale. Although I always thought it would just be an act of revenge/betrayal and half expected Mitsuhide to in turn be killed by Hideyoshi who would then bring about unification (like in the history books). In the end it turned out to be for the greater good and Mitsuhide turned out to be the saviour king yet I thought it was a bit harsh as a result for Nobu to labelled Judus by da Vinci!
Jun 22, 2014 3:07 PM

Jan 2012
I liked how it ended differently than I thought it would.
Honestly I enjoyed these last few episodes quite a bit since the mourning episode despite the flaws.
Jun 22, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2011
Woa that ending, I did not expect Mitsuhide to be the Savior-king tbh.
I really liked how Nobunaga and Jeanne were reincarnated and reunited in the future.
Hideyoshi was such a bro.

IMO the ending felt rushed, but still it was a good ending !
Jun 22, 2014 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
Also at the end where all the students are gathered around the last supper picture, is that the signature blue hairstyle of da Vinci I see off to the left next to the group of people looking at another picture? Did he also get reincarnated perhaps?
Jun 22, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
My eyes are rolling so far into the back of skull I am literally staring at my brain which is looking back at me going "Are you serious?"
Jun 22, 2014 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
OK ending i guess. But I hoped it would stay a little more true to history and Nobu would be avenged. Didn't like Mitsu that much...

The show was a fun ride with some wtf-moments, but nothing special I guess.
Jun 22, 2014 4:06 PM
Nov 2013
I honestly really did not expect Mitsu to be the one to save the world, what the fuck. Also, I like how Jeanne and Nobu met in the modern world, that was really nice.

6/10. Alright series, could've been a little better but I enjoyed the ride.
Jun 22, 2014 4:29 PM
Jun 2014
7/12(土)「サテライト★アニメナイトvol.7~ノブナガ・ザ・フール愛よ、世界をぶち壊せ!~」inSHIROBACO開催決定!佐藤英一監督がノブナガを語り尽くします!皆様からのご質問も募集!詳細は後日公式サイトにてお知らせしますのでお楽しみに!

From what this says it looks like the director is gonna have a QA about the show. Hopefully someone translates some of the answers when it comes out.
Jun 22, 2014 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
At the end it was Mitsuhide who saved the world.

Nobunaga and Jeanne met each other in the modern world.
Jun 22, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
Ohh I actually liked this ending. But I wasn't expecting Mitsuhide to be the hero there.
At least they had reincarnations.
Jun 22, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
Decent ending, although I'll also agree that it felt a bit rushed, and if it had even a few more minutes to elaborate on a few things it could have been a little more fulfilling.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Nobu dying by being stabbed with Ichi's comb.

-Robunaga said:
Also at the end where all the students are gathered around the last supper picture, is that the signature blue hairstyle of da Vinci I see off to the left next to the group of people looking at another picture? Did he also get reincarnated perhaps?

I noticed it too, and from the looks of it, it seems like he's the museum curator. Quite a fitting role for him, all things considered.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 22, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2011
That felt like a forced happy ending for me. I knew the Nobu x Jeanne was coming, but wow that was sudden. o-o

It was a fun ride though.
Jun 22, 2014 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
for me was wonderful :
nobu->sacrifice
love=chaos...
nobu<3jeanne
impossible guess future
Jun 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty solid ending. I lmao'd so damn hard when Arthur was killed. Funniest death scene I've scene in a long time.

Mitsu was the saviour king all along? :o Now I didnt see that coming.

And this is how they'll make season 2. Nobu's reincarnation finds excalibur and decides to plunge the world in chaos.
Jun 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
"Ichihime I have found my path!" The first thing that came to mind was "yeah you killed both her brothers :/ " I know it was supposed to go that way but maybe if he just said "I have found my path" then it would have sounded more appropriate.

I don't know how I feel about this. A lot of "ooh!" and "meh" reactions from me from episode 1-24. I still feel like the author tried to mix in a ton of different ideas, threw it on a wall to see which one sticks. I'm not sure yet if the one that stuck are good or bad.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 22, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2012
Now this ending....is GOOD...I already had a half expectation that, Mitsuhide will Kill Nobunaga in the end. (based on Japan's History).

The reincarnation thing...well, I did also expected that little, but not the one as I expected...it became a modern world, while Nobu and Jeanne are students...(let me guess, they're from different school), and what happened, to Mitsu,Hideyoshi, and the others from their Era?

I also wonder about the Western Star...what happened to it? Destroyed or Rebuilt?
Jun 22, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
Well the ending was somewhat of a twist in sense.

So Nobu and Ranmaru became eternal and lived on into the future or something. Overall I enjoyed this series the plot was a nice change of pace.

Great episode and series!!!
Jun 22, 2014 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
Good Series... Please no Sequel... lol
I can already imagine Nobu running around terrorizing High School kids and Jeanne tryna to protect them and him at the same time. Plus the others probably wouldn't fit in.
It'll just be weird.
Don't do it!
Jun 22, 2014 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
Nova12 said:
Now this ending....is GOOD...I already had a half expectation that, Mitsuhide will Kill Nobunaga in the end. (based on Japan's History).

The reincarnation thing...well, I did also expected that little, but not the one as I expected...it became a modern world, while Nobu and Jeanne are students...(let me guess, they're from different school), and what happened, to Mitsu,Hideyoshi, and the others from their Era?

I also wonder about the Western Star...what happened to it? Destroyed or Rebuilt?

During the final minute or so of the episode where it shows Nobu and Jeanne reincarnated in the museum. The first scene of that reincarnation/future arc (the one showing an overview of the city that Nobu and Jeanne are in) has the Western Star visible in the sky, so it's atleast safe to say that it hasn't been destroyed.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 22, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
What a farce...Mitsuhide took Hideyoshi's true glory. Booo...
Jun 22, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2012
AceTheHanyou said:
Good Series... Please no Sequel... lol
I can already imagine Nobu running around terrorizing High School kids and Jeanne tryna to protect them and him at the same time. Plus the others probably wouldn't fit in.
It'll just be weird.
Don't do it!

we'll that would be a good OVA....OVA ONLY...just to break the ice...with that ending...hahahaha
Jun 22, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad I stuck with this show. While it wasn't of the highest quality, I had fun watching all my favorite historical characters fight each other to the death. The ending was pretty good for a show that was looking to become a derailment at any moment. I liked how Nobunaga didn't take Arthur's offer to heal Joan and just blasted through everything in spite of her condition.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.