Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Wooot Frederica got killed brutally in TWO episodes in a row... lol

Wonder how she's gonna survive that.

hmm Blue Chaika is... not cute. Red Chaika is still sexier =p

I'm surprised with how suddenly this show becomes R rated though. The mutilated girls are already creepy enough and then they show a Chaika who's using sex as a means to control people.

The mystery of Chaika deepens, could it be that she's actually Gaz?? at least that's what I got from the flashback of the heroes slashing her head. God damn the cliffhanger!
MoeGodJun 18, 2014 9:25 PM
Jun 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Feb 2012
FREDRICA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S STILL ALIVE. MY 2ND FAV CHAR NEXT TO CHAIKA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Jun 18, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2010
What the fuck was that thing? One moment Frederika's sitting there cutely, and then what the fuck. Wraps around her corpse like a spider fuck I wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyways.
Jun 18, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
SKYflare said:
well in the preview of the next episode, frederika was left for dead and akari found her. not sure f shes still alive though but i hope she is or else she cant fight toru like they promised.

dayum the ricardo kid is nasty killing all those young girls just for his own use and purpose like theyre toys. sickens me that people can come up with these characters.

hope that everything ends well in the next episode or itll be a large disappointment.

Ricardo didn't surprise me at all. I really hope he's dead by the end of the season.

HowTragic said:
What the fuck was that thing? One moment Frederika's sitting there cutely, and then what the fuck. Wraps around her corpse like a spider fuck I wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyways.

Dude, that thing was like those mannequins from FMA, but like, spider form. A huge eight-legged abomination of NOPE!
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 18, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
this episode was very good, shame we only miss one more, put enough drama and action in this episode, I expect a great end for this season, at least they come together again to continue its journey
Akari even when villain remains the best girl in the anime
I hope they close at least this arc ..
Jun 18, 2014 10:21 PM

Jul 2010
Frederica can't stop dying.
Blue Chaika is obviously a bitch.

Oh, next week's episode is gonna be the last. I will miss my weekly dose of Chaika Akari.

IronLobster said:
Dude, that thing was like those mannequins from FMA, but like, spider form. A huge eight-legged abomination of NOPE!

Lol, I thought the same.
Jun 18, 2014 10:36 PM

May 2011
"OMG! They Killed Frederica!"

"YOU BASTARDS!"

It's amusing that while she's super powerful, she gets bludgeoned almost every episode now. It makes her almost like a Kenny type character.
Jun 18, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit what a crazy episode!!

I had a huge smile when I saw cat Fredrica, then fuck she gets head stabbed WTF kjhftaoeithfwjakfhkls I really hope shes not dead
Jun 18, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that was BS, why they always target Frederica and killed her off in cheap attacks... I hope she survives.

Brother and Sister fight was quite entertaining, but I hope she comes back to her sense in the last episode.

Damn Ricardo needs to be killed. Seeing him makes me want me want to punch him in the face.

So Blue Chaika appears, and tbh I did not expect her to be the Blue one, and to be a smart aleck. The war is coming and Toru on its way to the top, wonder how they will end this season.

Jun 19, 2014 12:18 AM
Jan 2013
that Ricardo is such a Joffrey reincarnation ;p(as they games of thrones in japan i guess the author was inspired)
well as he does not look that strong not smart
it kinda suprises me that Layla and that mage works with him; i wouldnt be suprised if he would become betrayed by them

after seeing Red Chaika none of us would be suprised if there would be more Chaikas, from the momment i saw Red Chaika i started to think that all Chaika are some homunclus like beings meant to revive the emperor
Jun 19, 2014 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
I've got a feeling Fredrica will be just fine after seeing her 'die' before. Monster was pretty freaky though, something I could imagine in a Silent Hill game.

Nonetheless it's getting pretty intense. We've got crazy stuff going on all over and I'm pretty sure they'll end it with a bang. I'm really enjoying Gillette's character right now. He has always done things for the better of the Kingdom and always has been getting the short-end of the stick. Now that his two companions are in trouble though he's risking everything he has for them. Through that one action alone of raising his sword he made himself an outlaw and unless something amazing happens in his favor(Which might happen), I don't think the King and other leaders will let what he did slide.

Just curious how this will all play out, will Ricardo, the Wizard and Layla(aka blue Chaika) just become prisoners in the end, or perhaps will Layla escape or will we be seeing some death scenes coming up!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 19, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2013
More Chaika's are to be expected. I hope Fredrica will be alright. Though I got a feeling that she's fine.
Jun 19, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
not sure if another real chaika, also what the hell are those crawly thingies reminds me of
war upon the horizon!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 19, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Runaway-YoYo said:
Rei_Rei said:
FREDERICAAAAA!!!! T_______T Man, who the fuck writes things like that. Get stabbed in the head by a spider-man-creature-thing. Completely out of place and too sudden. To everyone who think that Frederica will be alive. Think about it, she got stabbed in the head, I guess that she could of used some copy magic to create another self but...do you really think that thats it? Wouldnt the copy disappear when it got stabbed? I hope she survives as well, of course, but the evidence is so against her.

Toru, save everyone, Please T__T

Maybe she can only be killed in dragoon form? Seems a bit too soon to take her out.

Well, that also might be true. She is a pretty important character to just kill off like a bug. But dont you think that that spider-man-bug-thing ate her? Pretty sure it did.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2014 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
Rei_Rei said:
Runaway-YoYo said:

Maybe she can only be killed in dragoon form? Seems a bit too soon to take her out.

Well, that also might be true. She is a pretty important character to just kill off like a bug. But dont you think that that spider-man-bug-thing ate her? Pretty sure it did.

In the PV, her body is intact.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 19, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2009
THE THING REMINDED ME OF SEWERS FROM VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES

and let me tell you, once you experience that level, you can never forget it.
Jun 19, 2014 4:02 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode, BUT the way they killed of Fredrica yet again felt really cheap. We all knew she wasn't dead, then there she was and out of nowhere there's this dumb monster killing her off in a heartbeat. The preview did not look good for her, if this is the way she really dies I'll be pissed. I don't mind characters dying but not like this...

The dead girls stuffed in the walls were really disturbing, I don't care what happens as long as this Ricardo fellow dies. Creating a war just because he wants to cut people to pieces, yuck.
Jun 19, 2014 4:22 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was awesome in every aspect.
Jun 19, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2013
Nah, I already thought that Layla is the third Chaika, the blue Chaika.

Well, this is very unfair for Frederica got killed twice and the second time was in the brain, she needs more screen time tbh. Last episode next week but there's second cour~
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 19, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2013
That episode ended on such a cliffhanger that i had to look in the jap wiki T_T
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Jun 19, 2014 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
I was enjoying the episode that it felt short :) So now we know why all the Chaika exists, but as for Fredrica, I hope she did not die :(
Jun 19, 2014 7:06 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I love the concept of multiple chaikas with different personalities to try and attempt to get the remains back. Like if a person refuses to help the nice and angry Chaika, the sexy Chaika might be able to do it!
I wonder what other kinds there are!

Poor loli dragoon ;-;
though... I wonder why the thing didn't appear earlier when she was a cat, assuming she traveled the pipes as a cat.
Jun 19, 2014 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Is Fredrica suppose to be the grounds keeper from the Shinning.
Jun 19, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2010
All those Chaikas are gonna kill me with their distinct personalities. Consider me dead if one more shows up.

This got even more interesting.
Jun 19, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
So the blue Chaika uses sex to control people, she looks a bit sad, I guess that happens when you whore yourself out :(
And that outfit does not fit on Chaika's body type :(

Fredrica :(

A FMA monster? no, it's obviously a Muv Luv BETA monster (spider version) ;)
Jun 19, 2014 9:47 AM
Mar 2013
Aw, come on, Frederica can't be dead! It was about half a second and omnomnom there she goes :/
Jun 19, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
Red Chaika is still the best Chaika for me so far.

...and Fredrica in the preview. :(
Jun 19, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREDRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She better not be dead! We never got to see her fight properly with her new band of friends. Things aren't looking too good for her in the preview, and out of everyone possessed akari finds her..

Very good episode, made me keen for the next. One of the rare animes where I don't get pissed off at the main character. ^~^

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
blue chaika had terrible make up, she looked like a whore
also, that white spider was so fucking disgusting
Jun 19, 2014 2:46 PM
Dec 2012
this anime is so brutal and dark OMG , please don't die gillette for Vivi sake, and frederica die again . The unlimited chaika work is real. I gotta admit why did every chaikas think they are "true" princess , they could all be twin sister since they all have different first name , at this rate this anime will show us a lab full of chaika's head in a bottle. I really like Red and white chaika , but this blue disgust me, not because she slept with many guys , but she support bad guy for stupid reason just to spite fate , she should have open a shop and sale medicine , what a dumb bitch!
Jun 19, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2012
I guess the author finally decided to kill off Frederica <_< She had no role at all in the story besides her own background story. I'm almost thinking that the author only created Frederica just to give us a legit reason on how the group could arrive at the flying fortress.
Jun 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
I love how Toru didn't recognize Akari was acting strange and just treats it as if she's just sided with the enemy.
DreddJun 19, 2014 5:17 PM
Jun 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
Jeez, Frederica just keeps on getting hurt doesn't she? I kinda doubt she's dead but dam that was creepy when it stabbed her in the head and dragged her into the vent.
Jun 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet. Really picked up the pace, lots of stuff happened and plot reveal.
Jun 19, 2014 6:33 PM

Sep 2013
F-Fredrica... No way she cant be dead! Im also amazed how far Gillette is willing to go for his subordinates. His actions are practically treason according to that other cavalier so I wonder if we'll see a partnership between Gillette's and Chaika's groups next season.
Jun 19, 2014 8:10 PM

Mar 2014
God damn. How many times is Frederica gonna die and then come back perfectly fine.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
Damn, this anime went ape-shit, quickly. Just so there aren't misunderstandings, ape-shit as in hectic.
Jun 20, 2014 1:51 AM

Nov 2013
rekt
Jun 20, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Oh no Frederica D: That monster was creepy. Human limbs and an insect face.

This anime turned dark fast. Those poor girls...how brutal.

Despite revealing more about the Chaika situation...I'm growing more confused. I hope some sort of satisfactory closure will come to that matter, enough to placate my curiosity anyway or else I'll be waiting for the new season with a cliffhanger on my head.
Jun 20, 2014 6:32 AM
May 2014
"OMG they killed Fredrica!"
"U bastard!"
Jun 20, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

He had figured out who she is, but it was not so venial why those two butchers.
Terrifying the narrative at times.
The episode flew by, I wanted it to last longer.
Frederica if the're seeing really bad.
Toru, he behaves like a gentleman, I thought I had a more rude.
The designs have proven all'atlezza of the task and the fights were good.
I'm curious to know how this will end the first season.
I wonder if we'll see other Chaika in the future.
Jun 20, 2014 8:01 AM
Nov 2009
Good episode. Stuff like infiltrating an enemy base is always a good way to add some action and intrigue. I also like the increase in dark elements.
People don't like Vivi? Aww, I kinda like her. Her sassiness didn't really bother me and I like her character design. Though, it was a little weird that Toru called her an assassin (seemingly based only on appearance?); is that her character class or something? lol

Also, would anyone like a little extra nightmare fuel?
http://a.pomf.se/ahjfbq.webm
Jun 20, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Ending was really great starting with Gillete's treason (kinda) and 'get hyped' BGM.
DawnJJun 20, 2014 11:02 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Really good episode was really sad when it was over. So much plot and happenings.

Really psyched for the next episodes.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 20, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
Frederica was really slow there. But her dying doesn't make sense. Did anyone die so far? Why start with Frederica? Besides, unless they either (crash)land the castle or jump to the other one, they still need her to get back.

And did anyone even notice that there are at least two of those spider-like things in the PV?

I also loved the fight between Toru and Akari. Too bad Akari is not in the mood for jokes right now.

About the Chaikas: I don't think blue Chaika was the one who was executed. How would that work? Her head got cut off, but someone put it back on? She also did not seem to feature the scar until after "remembering".

I assume all Chaikas share the same memory up to when they were released. They get created, memory gets infused somehow, they get delivered to various placed all over the country and then activated. So it can be any Chaika that was executed.

According to the blue Chaika, all are fake or real, depending on how you look at it. She's directly involved and does not know everything that happened, so she may be wrong or lying, but at least for me it looked like at the very least she believes it herself. The question is who or what that demon thing is.

I also begin to think that if all remains would get back together, something would either happend automatically (Arthur Gaz reviving etc, they may have chopped him up in the first place to prevent this), or at least it would allow for something like this. Why else go to such lengths in creating the different Chaikas. I don't think using the remains simply as magic fuel would "justify" this. There are different means of acquiring almost unlimited magic fuel - either by acquiring a mine, or as shown this episode, by (ab)using humans. Both would be easier and faster to accomplish, so it has to be something that can only be done with the remains.
Jun 21, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2013
Frederika really got bopped twice...this time for good it seems.

Blue Chaika is pretty cool, taking revenge on the people who used her. I would be mad too.

Hope Akari snaps out of the trance soon.

Good on Gillette and his two spies changing their viewpoints.
Jun 21, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2012
Fredrika died again god dangit.

I really wonder what will happen next episode.

Great episode!!!
Jun 21, 2014 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
So the blue Chaika uses sex to control people, she looks a bit sad, I guess that happens when you whore yourself out :(
And that outfit does not fit on Chaika's body type :(

Fredrica :(

A FMA monster? no, it's obviously a Muv Luv BETA monster (spider version) ;)

Nooo! You have to go and remind me of that CHOMP!
But seriously though not only she got stabbed in the head, she got eaten whole too! I don't freaking know how she will survive next episode (or season).

I think the only explanation of the Chaikas are they are all fake or they are all true, like as in they are actually one person.

Now we just need Black Chaika and Saber will get her rival.
Jun 21, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Her body is intact in the preview, and she was not eaten. It's just that monster's legs were holding her body.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 21, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Late reply, but still.

Rather obvious but I could always smell she was a Chaika after it was mentioned she was cooperating with the other two crazy bastards.

Still this episode was tense as all freaking hell, non-stop action, unlikely alliances and nasty surprises on the way like the girls on the walls? Jesus........

If anything I believe Frederica's head stab was the most disturbing thing, poor her.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

100 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

224 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.