Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 18, 2014 3:24 PM

Aug 2012
Come on ShadowClaw, be consistent with your spoiler tags.
May 18, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
And Murakami adds another girl to his harem. Guy is a girl magnet.
May 18, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
Whoa, they sure aren't holding back with all the romcom hijinks this episode.

*Murakami and Kuroneko's fingers brush against each other—blush

*Random dude hits on her and takes her hand—cold-hearted rejection

*Murakami's student has the hots for him too

*He gets jealous of Kuroneko's karaoke and stalks her

*Kazumi and Murakami boob banter

*"This is not a date" at Akibahara—nice oreimo vibe here

I get the feeling that I'd still really enjoy this show even if it wasn't dark and a matter of life and death sometimes. The dark parts are great but the lighthearted breather episodes like this one are also really fun.
May 18, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2011
Well shit... I like comedy and harems but this series is only 13 episodes long. I need to see some good shit
May 18, 2014 4:04 PM

May 2012
02:21 melts

02:51 naisu meronzu

05:29 LOOOL

15:55 so you're 11007

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 18, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
I like Kazumi, sexual hijinks aside she is a cute girl. She does get more cute moments than Neko does in the future too.

Also there will be more of Murakami's student too (it will be as you expect).
May 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
Did I already mention that I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get the OP in full glory this time but only as an insert song? I was.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 18, 2014 5:17 PM
Jan 2014
So far I'm enjoying the anime, it's pretty enjoyable :)

I especially like kazumi and kuroneko

Still the anime is almost catching up the manga. they have already covered up to chapter.. 40's something. I guess I'll end up seeing the anime pass the translated manga :P
May 18, 2014 5:21 PM

Apr 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Just came by to see if it's a recap episode because of how it started. Glad to see it is not.

Recap episode in a 12 episodes anime, not sure that even exist lol.
May 18, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Did I already mention that I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get the OP in full glory this time but only as an insert song? I was.

I was personally happy.
May 18, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
Wonder what Kazumi wanted to do. She said that if she could live, she could maybe achieve her dream. Meeting her parent? Or maybe going back to Germany? I don't know, but it sure made her cry... :(

Holy shit, Kuroneko owned that guy at the karaoke : ''Why does touching your hand doesn't make my heart beat faster?''
OHHHHHH #REEEKT

So he can't copy that pill... I wonder if the scientist will be able to find something interesting about the supposely alien egg. Also really curious about that ending. Why was it saying in german kill all the witches... Was Kazumi originaly supposed to betray all the escaped witches?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 18, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
Joshua1207 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I was personally happy.

I thought it was really awkward as a low volume insert, especially with the conversation at hand.
May 18, 2014 7:10 PM

Nov 2013
Another great episode!
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 18, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2013
So they can't make the pills within a month. Murakami said they were not on a date, but they looked like they were on one.
May 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
I thought that this episode was going to kick off into high gear since they removed the OP, so boy did it surprise me when it turned out to be a nice slice of life episode instead.
May 18, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Does this show have no understanding of tone? Right after we found out that the pill can't be replicated in time and the girls are sure to die, we cut to happy-fun time in bikinis. HORRIBLE job of balancing serious and lighthearted themes
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
May 18, 2014 8:48 PM

Nov 2013
the amount of hate on this show really irritates me. sure the fanservice can be annoying but that shouldn't make you overlook the rest of whats going on
May 18, 2014 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
Its really hard to pin down what kind of show this is. We go from high octane action psychological show to a fanservice slice of life sort of thing. At least it seems were going to get back on track with the story getting more interesting.

Also just putting this out there. Kazumi is the best.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 18, 2014 10:45 PM

Sep 2013
awe, they skipped the opening. Kazumi is cute and all, but I still prefer Neko, just because her moles are sexy.

May 19, 2014 12:44 AM
Apr 2014
Felt like a huge deathflag, be prepared O.o
May 19, 2014 12:46 AM

Oct 2013
there's some tension building between Neko and Kazumi XD
inb4 neko has to sacrifice her life at the last episode to save everyone T-T at least that's what I got outta this episode
[/quote]
May 19, 2014 12:53 AM

May 2013
I can't choose who's the best girl in this series. But okay, Kazumi was cuuute in this one.

But men, the pills can make in a half a year *sniffs* and someone spoiled in a website where I watch who is Valkyrie and... Its gruesome, never read spoilers again from someone.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Celestrial2 said:
the amount of hate on this show really irritates me. sure the fanservice can be annoying but that shouldn't make you overlook the rest of whats going on

Yeah, like the guy is actually a Kateikyoushi? If you know what I mean.

zperson5 said:
Also just putting this out there. Kazumi is the best.

Because she is a half?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 19, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
I'm glad Kuroha isn't a yandere like Shiba Miyuki (yet)..

MC is a fag, I wish he was nicer to Kazumi. Read the god damn mood, you bastard!
May 19, 2014 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
Kazumi has an actual personality and that's why I like her so much :D

Ehh this arc...I remember I didn't like it because
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 19, 2014 3:59 AM

Oct 2012
That guy will really need some heal burns cause damn...
May 19, 2014 4:36 AM

Feb 2011
There can never be enough Kazumi.
May 19, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2014
"Why does my heart not beat faster when i touch your hand"... That moment lol
why did Neko get mad and magical when Ryouta started singing?
Also that ending... Kill the witches D:
May 19, 2014 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
I would so go out on a date with Kazumi!
May 19, 2014 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
CandyFace said:

Rewatch second episode, she was embarrassed.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 19, 2014 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
CandyFace said:

Rewatch second episode, she was embarrassed.

:O i see.. Well yea i might have to watch the second episode again, "unfortunately" :3
Thanks for the explanation.
May 19, 2014 8:26 AM
Oct 2013
No matter what you guys say, I really dislike Kazumi.
May 19, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2010
Having a mizugi episode where there is no beach, thanks Japan.
May 19, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2012
Valkyria? Killing witches? I think that those girls signed contract with QB.
May 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2011
So we got two names dropped: Valkyria and Nanami. Might turn out to mean one and the same.

And Valkyria being S class? That serious. But Kikako was what, AA+ or so? Her ability wasn't all that useful. Raw power seems to earn more ranks than what you can do with it. And the personality isn't taken into account, either. So Valkyria could be a walking nuclear bomb (well, even more powerful if she can ruin mankind), but she needs 2 months charge time or is totally gullible.

Most likely it won't be that easy, but the rank say nothing about the actual threat.
May 19, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
A witch that can end human life over and over? Wut?
May 20, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
now i want omuraisu -0- I would be like kazumi if I went to Akibahara xD I'm starting to like her character more and more I'm glad I picked this anime for spring season
May 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Dec 2010
It was a nice episode, it felt good that Kuroha finally got some screentime. She killed me when she rejected cluelessly the guy xD

But I hate how the episode ended with no answers and even more questions.
May 20, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
Man, this show is kinda annoying, but i wanna so know what this alien stuff is about...
the show is the same stupid shit as elfen lied, if not even worse xD
besides, the mad scientist is cool :D
May 20, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
So many people here was extremely likes Kazumi's slutty/perverted character huh? I will just say that I guess the next episode will more about Kazumi which most of you would like it or hate if you're not prepared.

Haters always gonna hate.
May 20, 2014 10:42 PM
Mar 2014
Kazumi was cute this episode.

When she was crying about the pills .. :( Let it out Kazumi let it all out
May 21, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2013
Wow that mad KuroNeko is much mad. Honestly though, that was a cute episode.

That rejection, wow... Just wow...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 21, 2014 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
NwAurion said:
So we got two names dropped: Valkyria and Nanami. Might turn out to mean one and the same.

And Valkyria being S class? That serious. But Kikako was what, AA+ or so? Her ability wasn't all that useful. Raw power seems to earn more ranks than what you can do with it. And the personality isn't taken into account, either. So Valkyria could be a walking nuclear bomb (well, even more powerful if she can ruin mankind), but she needs 2 months charge time or is totally gullible.

Most likely it won't be that easy, but the rank say nothing about the actual threat.

S rank is used by many anime .S rank means the strongest. Means it not only she's powerful but she actually has a brain too. Also its not the witches themselves that are ranked its theyr parasite or alien or w/e you want to call those things stored down theyr spine.
Take Kiddy Grade as an example(not only this anime) . Means they are the strongest or extremely strong. If more than one is found in the rank S it means they have tremendous power.
To explain it better , AA is like you're the best in your school . 3A means you're the best in your country and S rank means you're the best worldwide.
FluffyFleshMay 21, 2014 8:48 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2011
Silly fan service everywhere, please stick to the story. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I think Kana may be an S rank (or AAA), she can move after all. Keeping it secret is shady.

Hopefully next episode has more story... and more mad scientist jokes.
Akanezora said:
Having a mizugi episode where there is no beach, thanks Japan.

^
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 21, 2014 10:50 AM
Aug 2011
Pink girl get lots of screentime.
May 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Man even if the episode lacked fighting and such, the speeches and actions really make you think.

Ryouta insisted that Kuroneko go out to Karaoke with her classmates because he wants her to enjoy the remaining time she has on Earth (i.e. 1 month). Ends up following her to the Karaoke parlor to check up on her but gets caught red handed. Spews a bunch of nonsense about not checking up on her, which she actually takes at face value (and which disappoints her because she just realized that she's conscious about him). At this point he is oblivious to her feelings for him.

Then the flirty Kazumi begs for him to take her to Akihabara. He's finding it pointless for all the "fun" stuff that she tries to do there, but in the end realizes from her silence that she's trying to do what he told Kuro to do, and so he ends up playing along. Ryouta is damn smart at keeping his cool and for conforming to the situation without making a huge fuss about things (big props to him). This is what intelligent people do, they read the mood.

That smart-phone-ish device. I think the German was there not for Kazumi, but because the organization probably originated from overseas.

I really want them to explain more about the century old alien ruins soon!

Can't wait to see how they deal with the "one month remaining" problem. My best guess is that they storm another faculty and steal a huge batch of pills. Otherwise that mad scientist of an uncle better figure out a way to synthesize the pills soon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2010
Kuroha is so sweet with her first experience at the Karaoke
That remark of her not feeling anything when that guy grabbed her hands was hilarious

I really liked the date of Kazumi with Ryouta at Akihabara with her calling out those virgins xD and her fondness of the maid café and omelette rice

It was smart to activate the tablet their as well
May 21, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
Eh...not really finding Kazumi any more likeable. Her actions and speech are kinda annoying and not funny (if it was intended to be).

Kuroha was cute though, especially at the Karaoke place.
More Kotori screentime would've been nice too.

That cryptic message...
May 22, 2014 12:44 AM

Nov 2010
Mugen_Time said:
Eh...not really finding Kazumi any more likeable. Her actions and speech are kinda annoying and not funny (if it was intended to be).

It's called dialect, if you have seen other shows with characters outside Tokyo you would know
Example Arata from Fukui of"Chihayafuru"
May 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
Much better than the last few crappy episodes, the fanservice was much lighter than the other episodes which made this way more enjoyable. It had some character development and actual plot advancement.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.