Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 17, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
ore wa gundam NEXT LEVEL
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 19, 2014 3:21 AM

Aug 2013
punkster90 said:
Haytin said:
Man this anime suuucked can't believe I waited all this time to watch this piece of crap. The whole reveal about what the box is was just idiotic. The part with Full Frontal and Banagher going through space and time was nonsensical. The combat was interesting but there wasn't much of it. You'd think if they were going to focus on the story instead of the action they'd actually have a interesting story. Also Riddhe is soo unlikable I really wish he didn't exist. I hate how they tried to act like he was ok now even after he killed Marida. Pretty bad anime wish I hadn't seen this. Wish they knew how to make a good gundam anime nowadays.

You must be an AGE fan.

Wow I've never even seen AGE. I bet you're waiting for Gundam Build Fighter.
Jun 19, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
Marathon'd the whole series today..... I would've been 100% okay if banagher DIDN'T survive the end or became a vegetable like Kamile..... Lame protagonist is lame..
Jun 19, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2010
Haytin said:
punkster90 said:

You must be an AGE fan.

I am actually.
Jun 20, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
punkster90 said:
Haytin said:

I am actually.

Typical plebeian taste ;^0
Jun 20, 2014 7:13 AM

Jul 2008
Loved all the movies, shame it does not have a lot of recognition :D
Jun 21, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2012
It was tooooooooooo good. Tooooooo good. Probably my favorite Gundam series out of all.

However , I am more interested in what will happen in UC after the lost article has been discovered.
Jun 22, 2014 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
After all these years, its finally over T_T.

That was just dam amazing, probably my favourite Gundam thus far besides Zeta. Only complaint about the series I have is the lack of character development, especially on Full Frontal. I wish we could've seen more about him and how he came to be. Also a bit disappointed on how he was beaten, we even got some kind of closure on Amuro and Char :D

Marida's death unfortunately was spoiled by one of the trailers :'(. I gotta admit I got really emotional towards the end, especially when Lalah appeared.

Magnificent use of animation, OST and stellar sound design! Can't forget the brilliant insert songs each episode had!

Hopefully MSG: The Origin delivers!
Now I can finally move onto Victory Gundam :)

10/10!
Jun 23, 2014 2:58 AM
Jan 2013
For all the generic faults its has associated with seed and 00,it still has some good points about it.

This kinda restores faith in the franchise.

Jun 25, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
Such a nostalgic ending wow. I had gently tears in my eyes as I remembered the end of CCA. Unicorn was a nice watch, visually and musically speaking absolutely top notch. (no wonders)

Banagher can finally bang Mineva.
The End.
Jun 25, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
I think the next thing to do is to follow this up with a Unicorn style OVA starring Banagher and a returning Kamille Bidan (who reluctantly returns/comes out of hiding) detailing the events leading up to/detailing how things got to be the way they were around the time of F91 and onward. Have the OVA end on a sour note and maybe with like a downfall of the Earth Federation to some degree or have it be left in shambles.

Then the Universal Century story would REALLY be complete lol.
Jun 26, 2014 5:11 AM
Mar 2011
The worst piece of crap on UC since 0083...
Jun 29, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
Here we are after 4 years and it was truly great!

9/10.
Jul 10, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
At least there was some nice action and lasers. The whole time travel (vision?) thing... pretty, but eh... who cares. I was expecting a better fight with Full Frontal.

Not much else to say. Pretty underwhelming series overall. (6/10 above average)

Seed > 00 > Wing > Unicorn
Jul 13, 2014 12:19 AM

Feb 2013
perfect 9.9/10.only problems are

a-that jealous dude did'nt die

b-bright did'nt punch someone in the face
Jul 21, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2011
so many years since i watched the first episode, will watch all again someday :)

Marida's fate is quite predictable, the truth about the box is acceptable i guess

it seems everybody can turn into newtype, that missing article may not be that impactful afterall...
Jul 31, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
Definitely the best Gundam I've seen so far.

Marida death sadden me.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 1, 2014 11:01 AM
Mar 2011
I read through some of the comments here, and what boggers me is that the positive ones are pretty good argumented about what's so good about this series (i love gundam UC too gave it a 10) but the negative replies in this topic are just "it sucks" and don't give much of an insight. so to all the people who dislike this OVA: what is it that you dislike? was it too philosophical? were there references to earlier gundams you didn't understand? what is it? (i can understand that the series might apeear a little confusing for some people, since you need quite a brain for this to get the full picture).

so please from now on, no more "it sucks" but "it sucks because (...) " ;-)
Aug 1, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2010
Haytin said:
punkster90 said:

I am actually.

Typical plebeian taste ;^0

Define "plebeian" since Build Fighters was quite enjoyable.
Aug 6, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
perfect 9.9/10.only problems are

a-that jealous dude did'nt die

b-bright did'nt punch someone in the face

I was waiting...just WAITING for Martha Vist to act up/resist arrest in the end and be on the receiving end of a Bright slap for old time's sake.
Aug 10, 2014 3:30 AM
May 2011
I don't really understand all the love for this series

One of my problems with the series is that they chose to use cgi in a series that is known for awesome hand drawn animation. I mean whats with that? I mean gundam 00 was gorgeous and it didn't take them 4 years to release 13 episodes (about how much it all adds up to)

Characters have like 0 development, especially Banagher. You could take episode 7 him and put him in episode 1 and he'd be the same exact person. And Riddhe's evil turn was random as hell and even with the explanation after he suddenly decided he made a mistake is still retarded.

There didn't seem to be any strategies to their fights, and Banagher mastered the gundam after fighting with it like one time. Fights came down to either a few beams and their magic shields that block everything or someone with funnelsbits that cut everyone apart like butter.

Idk the fights just seemed kind of disappointing. You'd think for something with information so devastating they'd send out everything they have to wipe them of existence. Yet most of the battles were pitiful and over in a few minutes, they didn't really seem to put much effort into it until the last minute with their super-mega-ultra colony laser.
Aug 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
It was an OK episode and an OK ending. Four long years for this!? I don't see much effort, aside from animation and soundtrack which are amazing. The story isn't bad, but I find it confusing and boring in the most of moments. Most of characters are bad, starting with the main character and almost all of support characters.

Gundam Unicorn is pretty much like Crysis: stunning visuals, but lacks content. Isn't a bad anime, but isn't the best Gundam out here. For me, Gundam 00 did a better job in 1 year than Gundam UC did in four.
Aug 11, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Guys, please keep your inferior opinions to yourself. Gundam Unicorn is best unicorn.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 13, 2014 7:07 AM

Sep 2013
PencilSharpener said:
Guys, please keep your inferior opinions to yourself. Gundam Unicorn is best the only unicorn.
Aug 15, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
If you don't accept different opinions, you shouldn't be in the internet in the first place.
Aug 15, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Mizorefan said:
If you don't accept different opinions, you shouldn't be in the internet in the first place.

You never need to accept other opinions, just acknowledge that people form them, however unsubstantial and sophistic. If you don't think your opinion is superior to others, you don't have an opinion.

My opinion was on unicorns.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 25, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2009
Barion-Zara said:
F*** WHY DID MARIDA HAVE TO DIE!!!! T O T DAMN RHIDDE!! Did u have to do that T_T Such a sad death :( Best character for me. Loved her so much.

And dumb too. Just to allow herself to be killed like that... Couldn't you deal with Riddhe some other way, which doesn't include your death?
Aug 30, 2014 6:03 AM

May 2010
Wow! Just finished watching the thora release and this was sooo worth the wait,absolutely fantastic final episode.

The animation quality is absolutely insane and the soundtrack fits perfectly to the action.
Sep 2, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
Finally got to watching the last episode of UC, only to be sorely dissapointed.

The animation was top notch as usual, but the episode was too drawn out, had the common useless swapping of sides, and in the end it all boiled down to yet another newtype sparkle fest.

It did not have the epicness of episode 1's opening, the deliberate slow phylosophical pace of episode 6, nor the grittiness of the assault on the Torrington base.

I liked how this show left room for good non protagonist pilots, even uknown aces. I liked how we got to see Ridhe slip from being the nice caring senior to Banagher and Audrey, to a resentfull jealous madman. I liked how we got to see the development of Marida's and Zimmerman's relation. Finally, I also like how we got to see Audrey as a strong female character, taking the lead alongside Banagher, story wise, but also role wise. Episode 7 just threw it all in the trash.

Ridhe got back to his former self, right after killing Marida: totally unecessary and illogical. Zimmerman barely got any screentime at all, but when he did was quick to accept Otto's invite for a drink, barely minutes after seeing his adoptive daughter been blown away by the crew's new returning hero. Meanwhile the Zeon princess returned to the classic role of fragile damsel waiting for her bloke.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed UC immensely, buy for me episode 7 took away what could have made this series stand out from other (recent) Gundams.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 6, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2012
cupc said:
PencilSharpener said:
Guys, please keep your inferior opinions to yourself. Gundam Unicorn is best the only unicorn.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 11, 2014 4:37 AM

Jun 2013
Laionidas said:

The animation was top notch as usual, but the episode was too drawn out, had the common useless swapping of sides, and in the end it all boiled down to yet another newtype sparkle fest.

It did not have the epicness of episode 1's opening, the deliberate slow phylosophical pace of episode 6, nor the grittiness of the assault on the Torrington base.

I liked how this show left room for good non protagonist pilots, even uknown aces. I liked how we got to see Ridhe slip from being the nice caring senior to Banagher and Audrey, to a resentfull jealous madman. I liked how we got to see the development of Marida's and Zimmerman's relation. Finally, I also like how we got to see Audrey as a strong female character, taking the lead alongside Banagher, story wise, but also role wise. Episode 7 just threw it all in the trash.

Ridhe got back to his former self, right after killing Marida: totally unecessary and illogical. Zimmerman barely got any screentime at all, but when he did was quick to accept Otto's invite for a drink, barely minutes after seeing his adoptive daughter been blown away by the crew's new returning hero. Meanwhile the Zeon princess returned to the classic role of fragile damsel waiting for her bloke.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed UC immensely, buy for me episode 7 took away what could have made this series stand out from other (recent) Gundams.

lol
Oct 3, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2008
All that fuss. A messy fuss!

WHELP! What the hell do we need the box for?! Humanity will wage war anyways.
This all happened due to the Feddie's fears, and each side coveted something. For 30 IRL years, we knew Zeon fought for that independence and Feddie's want to keep order by any means. Even through civil dispute. It's a legendary war.

So what?! Killing me with this key to the box confusion because of an article. A CONSTITUTION (it is an interesting item though)! Hiding/erasing a part of history is a big deal, but Vyst and one of the ship dudes (Zimmerman?) said it better:

"The choice is theirs to make"

"Humans interpret laws differently to suit the best interests" (or something along those lines)

Also, there's Frontal: "The will of the collective".

That's for all sides of fighting. And the little kid who always pilots the gundam always fights for peace and punches the antagonist with words and fists. Even series outside of UNICORN GUNDAM, kids often fought for a clearer future where the hostilities stop. Even without that article, Zeon were zealous about staying in space and Spacenoids, having control, spacenodis being above all. There was always a war about that. How collateral would the reveal of the box be anyways?

But aside from that...

my brain is reeling. This series, especially this ep, had to be the most emotionally animated thing I have ever seen so far (in a long time?). The animation is put to its peak that it can make you vomit from palpitations. From combat to just...human faces. It's amazing. Poor Alberto. And I love REZEL!

Not sure how to rate it yet. I am so sick (LOL).

And I need to send a silent prayer to Marida. Maybe she saved everyone. Riddhle made me mad.

Amuro and Lalah...just...Amuro and Lalah. Seeing their VO's names in the credits. And you also saw snips of 0079! Crazy!
Oct 14, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
Laionidas said:

This.
Oct 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2008
How is she a damsel? o-O

I think she is very strong-willed. However, like everyone else, because Banagher has the gundam, they all want him to survive. They have a lot of faith in the gundam.
Nov 1, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2013
The series was alright, nothing spectacular aside from the production values. Newtype magic almost made the series completely unbearable to watch at times.
Main characters were fairly ok although Banaghers was insufferable. I was very underwhelmed by the reveal of Laplace's box and the outcome of the fight between Unicorn and the Zeong.
The_HawkNov 1, 2014 12:55 PM
Nov 3, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
I actually really liked the reveal of Laplace's Box. It was something so simple yet had drastic implications on shaping the course of society. I guess as a political junky, I was particularly attracted to it, especially because unlike the rest of this finale, it was a plot twist much more grounded in reality and didn't rely on over-the-top space magic to impress. I would have been much more happy with the ending if they stripped out the Newtype silliness and just had Full Frontal and Banagher air out their philosophical differences while duking it out in the Red Comet and RX-0 Unicorn until one steps out the victor. It didn't need to be any more profound than that because as far as I was concerned the big reveal of Laplace's box had already been accomplished; now all that was left was for Banagher and Full Frontal to settle their differences.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Dec 17, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Very disappointed with this last episode, I had high expectations because a lot of people gave this 10/10 but I just don't get it. I've always hated the newtype stuff in Gundam but the newtype in this was just awful. 8/10.
Dec 27, 2014 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
10th_man_down said:
Very disappointed with this last episode, I had high expectations because a lot of people gave this 10/10 but I just don't get it. I've always hated the newtype stuff in Gundam but the newtype in this was just awful. 8/10.

People sometimes make the mistake that Universal Century Gundam has no supernatural shit in it. If you hate the newtype stuff, why do you watch it? That's one of the central plot points.
Jan 25, 2015 5:41 AM

Sep 2011
Well, that took me forever to finish. I had barely any prior experience on the older gundams which was probably sorta needed to watch this, but I managed to get by with pretty much knowing everything. Only had to look for a little bit of info by Googling.

As for the series, it was a solid 9 from me. It had a few things that made me want to choke myself (I.E the main character for the first or few episodes), but he managed to grow on me. Was a really good series with amazing OST and action. Hoping for more like this.
Jan 31, 2015 3:12 AM

Nov 2009
Well that was quite the journey I must say, Was not keen on the final scene though it felt as though it was a very abrupt ending and then bam theres the credits, I feel like they should have extended the scene or do an after credits bit but they didnt sadly, Doesnt detract from how amazing this episode was or the series as a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed it so it gets a 9/10 from me.
Feb 2, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2012
That was a wonderful piece to watch and finally have 1 through 7 (yay extension :D ) of the OVA's all connected together and the past UC stories. After the decision to extend the series from 6 to 7 OVA episodes I'm not quite sure what the old final product would have been with even this being an extra 30 min. I hope the team who worked on Gundam UC is enjoying the extension as much as every here and beyond has. Mmm, that was one hell of a good ride. Too many parts hit hard throughout this last ep.

I think I need a rewatch of the entire OVA... In a shorter time frame than the near 4 1/2 year project... And that was a good idea this past weekend!

9/10 for me over all but a 11/10 with all of the feels as I sit back typing little bits here.
Mar 1, 2015 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
The OVA's were very good just wish we would see more characters from the original Gundam. I guess hearing Lalah, Char and Amuro at the end was good enough. Pretty much confirms that Char and Amuro did indeed die.

Marida's death was definitely the saddest part in the OVA's. Didn't expect Riddhe to be so important. I definitely don't hate him anymore. No idea why he's listed as supporting when he's pretty much the deuteragonist of the story.

Overall I give it an 8/10. Don't find it to be the best of the Gundam franchise though. And I really disliked the romance between Banagher and Mineva even though there wasn't really much.
Ragna92Mar 1, 2015 8:45 PM
Mar 22, 2015 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
Loved it!!! I almost teared up near the end and felt so many emotions while watching.. 10/10 for me!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 23, 2015 12:18 AM

Nov 2013
I don't think I have anything that hasn't been said already. The gundam franchise is something I regret not picking up sooner, and this OVA is definitely one of the reason why. There was not a single dull moment in this series, I felt an emotional connection with a lot of the characters, and the animation and music was just...so... ughhh-my god!

But honestly, Unicorn has been kind of a saving grace after some pretty recent lack luster entree's into the mecha genre. A lot of the same stories with lazy characterization seem to be the norm that are coming out(at least in 2014). I honestly have very little problems with Unicorn, it practically hit everything out of the park and I also thought the ending was nothing short of incredible. The Journey I had through UC is something I'm not gonna soon forget.

10/10
Jun 14, 2015 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
MiniSiets said:
I actually really liked the reveal of Laplace's Box. It was something so simple yet had drastic implications on shaping the course of society.

This so many times over. Nothing has ever made me jump up off my bed and stare intently at my TV so much. Honestly it seems stupid but yet I just liked how they sat there and explained how the Box was really something so small yet had so much power behind it.

Only issue I had was Riddhe, in short, he could spin it any way he wanted to but the entire reason for Marida's death was because Riddhe was just pissed off Mineva went with Banagher....just for me was immensely unconvincing, as was the part where Banagher/Zimmerman could have easily captured and/or destroyed the Banshee when Marida was saved, yet poor writing dictated that the Banshee would best serve as a plot device in another episode....also very unconvincing to me, which just points out further that Marida's death was one of the most pointless deaths I've seen in the UC timeline..alongside the great Quess kill in CCA.

Alongside that, because not one face had been exposed to the great Bright Noa slap, I think this show deserves a solid 9/10 as it was definitely a fitting end to the UC timeline...if only.... I almost don't want to watch F91/Victory now...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 4, 2015 3:19 AM

Sep 2009
A decent ending to a mediocre anime. I can't say I particularly enjoyed the series. It had nice visuals, animation and character designs, but that's about it. This last episode was longer than expected too.

If anything, like someone mentioned before, this series showed me what a great pilot Amuro was, too bad it's just a picture that was shown of him here and no mention of Amuro was made in this series except that "there was an ace pilot during the One Year War" but it seems like everyone remembers Char.

Banagher was annoying as hell. His two friends, especially Micott played no role in the story, they could have done the same without them.
AmphetamineJul 4, 2015 3:26 AM
Jul 5, 2015 2:28 AM
Feb 2008
Don't see how anyone can give this a 10/10.
Jul 21, 2015 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
seeing lala char and amuro's souls was incredibly touching
huh
Jul 28, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2013
Well that was quite the journey. I wouldn't say it's bad but I really couldn't help but compare the ending to Ultraman Dyna's ending, and to be honest, it has less deus- ex than this OVA.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 29, 2015 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
The Laplace Box was just a single and last provision in the Charter of the Universal Century, and it was a different thing for everybody else, a curse to the Federation for the embarrassing secret it holds while it was a means for the Vist Foundation to blackmail the Federation in keeping it a secret, and quite possibly a blessing or a weapon for the Neo Zeon, ultimately and simply for what it proposes. Still at least, everybody knows now and what was intended as a goodwill for the future almost a century ago. Unless they forget again, antagonize Spacenoids (again), demonize Newtypes, and then there will be war again, one way or another...and we'll get a new Gundam series in the Universal Century!

After all this time, I just realize my favorite character, Bright Noa doesn't seem to age much. XD

Finally finished with this, took me awhile because of real life interfering with my anime. LOL 7/10 for this episode and entire series as well.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Oct 29, 2010

117 by Ten »»
Apr 25, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.