Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The match was better than I had thought this time. Go TAMAAAAAAAAAA

Seems like both participants are having fun too. I think Iona was impressed there. Not too shabby for a kid fighting someone her caliber I guess. Akira being her creepy self as usual near the end there.
May 15, 2014 12:35 PM
May 2014
Stark700 said:
The match was better than I had thought this time. Go TAMAAAAAAAAAA

Seems like both participants are having fun too. I think Iona was impressed there. Not too shabby for a kid fighting someone her caliber I guess. Akira being her creepy self as usual near the end there.

Loved it..But that was a rather different wish.

After the battle with Iona, Iona said "I found you".
So basically Ru is special for some reason, special enough for Iona and probably others to actively look for
her, or actually some kind of quality/ability/whatever she has.

If that is Ru's wish then she's on the right path, but she seems to be more and more afraid of herself.

Akira being creepy isn't news, but what was the red mark on her cheek?
konatachan80May 15, 2014 1:04 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
1. Dialogue between ruko & iona is very intense; Battle music in this ep was quite fitting

2. It was so dark that I had to brighten my screen to the max to see akira's face. She still remembers WIXOSS…

3. wonder what the tainted wish of akira looks like now

4. This ep got me shaking w/ excitement. Too bad yugioh wasn't ever like this.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 15, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
Again, this show gives me the creeps but its freaking interesting at the same time. I can't describe the feeling it gives me better than that but it keeps me coming back for more. I really want to see the next episode.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 15, 2014 1:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Now that was one heck of an intense match between Iona and Ruka. By far Ruko's best match thus far.

Akira looked mentally destroyed. I think I know what the negative aspect of her wish was. If I'm not mistaken Akira's wish had something to do with Iona but since she lost 3 times Akira ends up mentally destroyed rather than Iona's. And it looks like Akira cut herself on the cheek.

So if Ruko wishes to never battle again does that mean if she loses 3 times then she'll have to battle forever?

Guessing by Tama's final attack vs Iona's card it looks to me like Tama would have won the battle.

Preview next episode: Not looking good for Yuzuki.

May 15, 2014 1:15 PM
May 2014
SweetKotomi said:
So if Ruko wishes to never battle again does that mean if she loses 3 times then she'll have to battle forever?

Based on what Iona's lrig said, Ru's current wish is to keep battling (forever?), and it is apparently the same as Iona's.
Tama seems to share it.
konatachan80May 15, 2014 1:19 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2014 1:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Still can't get over the annoying voices, so many. I found it interesting that Iona just let's her LRIG talk the whole time, though it's very like her since she seems to be the quite type. I wonder what she means by, "found you." Was she waiting for someone who enjoyed battling as much as she does, or someone who is as good as she is, someone who is exciting to battle against? I wonder what Ruuko's wish that she herself don't know is, and I wonder how the heck Iona and her LRIG knows.

So...Akira has lost three times, yet somehow she still contains her memories of being a Selector...? So many questions. I'm interested in seeing why she wanted both Yuzuki and Ruuko to meet up with her, and what's up with her cheek.
May 15, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2013
Akira is basically out of her mind now. Ruko really loves to battle, but doesn't want to admit it to herself. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 15, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I love how they're trying to make an horror-ish atmosphere (camera shots, lightning, soundtrack), even if it doesn't suit the dramas in the show.

meh Ruko is such a bland MC. At least the ending and the preview for the next ep made me curious :'D
May 15, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2008
When Ruuko begin her battle against Iona she was so exciting to battle that she even forgot what she was doing.
The match last long and it was concluded neither win or lost.
I still don't know were the plot will go.

When I hear Akira say Aki-lucky she was so damn creepy.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 15, 2014 1:31 PM
Jan 2011
Dang Ruko is sooo indecisive that I just wanna hit her on her head.

Too Bad for Akira, she gone cuckoo.
May 15, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
So Akira's face got ruined, tho it wasn't very surprising considering her wish.
The question is why did she call the girls to that place and what does she want with them.

Then there was the fight with Iona seems to me that the thing Iona was looking for was a worthy opponent something she found in Ruko.
Meaning that chances are she will challenge Ruko again at some point.
May 15, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Ruuko and Iona's battle. Ruuko and Tama both having a lot of fun, but ended up forgetting about Yuzuki, Hitoe and Akira..

Yuzuki kicks someone else's ass.

Oh wow, Akira's face ruined.
Now what does she want with them...

May 15, 2014 2:56 PM
Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, the show is improving. Might move it up to a 7 if it continues getting better. The ending was actually creepy and a good cliffhanger. The voice actress for Akira is really good.
So Iona would have suffered her first loss I guess. I wonder why Iona wants to find someone stronger then her. The preview made it look like Yuzuki will lose the selector fight next episode.
May 15, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
Iona looked as though she was gonna climax towards the end of that battle, lol. And it looks as though Akira's finally lost her marbles, I wonder what's with that mark, didn't look like an ordinary wound.
May 15, 2014 3:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Looks like Ruuko and Iona's wish are the same; to keep on battling.

Ruuko vs. Iona was awesome! Tama's last attack might have destroyed Iona's LRIG if the match wasn't interrupted.
Iona's saying "I found you" probably means that she has found Ruuko to be an excellent adversary on equal footing with her.

Akira was quite creepy at the end..
Considering that she lost 3 matches already, why something horrible hasn't happened to her yet?! -.-

Next episode: "The Fake Vow."

May 15, 2014 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
Just caught up with the series. I can't say im fond of the card game( can't understand a thing of how it's played), but anyway the plot with win=wish comes true and losex3=the reverse wish is intriguing,not so much because those girls have any actual worthy wishes( like world domination,immortality,time control or generally stuff that are by no means achievable) rather than the fact that the anti-wish can shatter their lives. Enjoying the fights and having fun while not giving a crap about any kind of concequences is the most honest reason to fight so far. I would rate it between a 6.5 and a 7/10. The pace is good so far, the fights are relatively short-which is good- but i think it lacks some more groundbreaking wishes and well,some nut Selectors. I don't have any crazy expectations but i would like some darkness imbued behind the LRIGs' existence and purpose( something that can remind me of Kyuubey and the exploitation of human wishes).

Looking forward to see what's up with Akira.

Tama and Urisu are damn creepy and i love it.
a_cloudMay 15, 2014 3:23 PM
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 15, 2014 3:32 PM
Apr 2013
Well the mark on her face ruins her ability to be an idol and a model i guess. Pretty lame for an anti-wish if you ask me but hopefully there is more.
May 15, 2014 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
Does anybody know what is the song or the songs that sound during the episode?? So energetic... wow
May 15, 2014 3:38 PM
May 2014
H_YsK on reddit found a small interview with Okada and Sato about wixoss.
The link below isn't to his/her image, but to the apparent original source.

http://heart.okwave.com/campaign/selector-wixoss

I wasn’t able to make a mental picture as a whole when I was told it would be a “simultaneous project with a trading card game currently in development”, however, Warner’s producer, Mr. Kawase, told me, “We don’t want to make an anime adaptation of the game but an original story that high targets would enjoy”. I felt a freshness that I had not felt before. Then, the scenario and script would be penned by Mari Okada, and then I joined.
konatachan80May 15, 2014 3:43 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
The ending with Akira was creepy (way better than her previous annoying persona though).

So Yuzuki is going to lose next episode?
May 15, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
So Aki-lucky somehow remembers Wixoss despite losing three times? Interesting. This show is very good at leaving us with a cliffhanger. Really looking forward to how she remembers Wixoss and what happened to her face. Glad shes still in the show though, I love her.

The match between Iona and Ru-ru was good. They both share a passion for fighting but Iona embraces it while Ru-ru feels guilty for it. Yuzuki feels guilty for fighting as well but is continuing with it regardless.

Good episode and as always, excited for next week already.
May 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
Creepiest Aki-lucky yet. I'd assume her face is scarred so that she can't use her modeling career to cause any disturbances to Iona's life. I'd have expected something more serious though, considering Hitoe's hard fall, but I guess it matches her superficial personality and wish. Biggest question is why she still has her selector memories.
May 15, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Ruuko VS Iona was cool! Enjoyed the battle, maybe because of that background music :)

And what's up with Akira? She lost three times already, but she still remembers everything.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 15, 2014 4:49 PM
May 2014
LunamariaHawke said:
Ruuko VS Iona was cool! Enjoyed the battle, maybe because of that background music :)

And what's up with Akira? She lost three times already, but she still remembers everything.

I guess the reason for that is related to whatever her wish became when it was reversed.
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2014 4:53 PM
Jan 2012
The show has gotten darker and more enjoyable with each episode lately. I guess they don't intend to get into the nitty-gritty details of the card battling, although I may like that. It made the battle this episode flow fast.
May 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2011
As more and more episodes come out, I keep thinking that Ruko will probably put out a Madoka or maybe even a Day Break Illusion.
May 15, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
I'm guessing Ruko vs Iona ended in a draw.

I wonder why Aki still has her Selector memories?
May 15, 2014 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
The battle between Ruko and Iona was pretty good.

Ruko really loves to battle.
May 15, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode.

The battle between Ruuko and Iona was was very enjoyable. The soundtrack was amazing during the battle also. Kinda wonder what Ruuko wish really is. Is it to battle forever? I guess we will find out when we find out Iona's wish is. WTF is up with Akira. I thought she was suppose to forget being a Selector. And what's up with that scar? Really excited for next episode.
May 15, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
Ruuko's 'annoyingness ' was ok at first, but now its just plain annoying...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
May 15, 2014 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
This was probably the best episode so far for me. I like how dark this is, and I was actually genuinely interested for the first time. This anime is similar to Black Rock Shooter in every way I can think of... but it isn't as dreadful since the characters actually have a reason to be overdramatic.
May 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2013
A better episode only because of the battle. Still don't know whats so dark about this.

We finally get more focus with them, but the first moments with the soundtrack playing was kinda annoying. Enjoyed the battle overall since they finally give it more screen time.

Still not caring for any character. Except Akira, but only a little becus of her first "Aki-lucky" that didn't sound annoying, kind of cool, and that red scar thing.
May 15, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode, the card battle scene was somewhat amusing. TBH I thought Akira took down Hitoe last wish, until it was revealed by Iona.

I think I can describe Iona, Uris, Ruko, and Tama, as bloodthirsty girls who like to battle a lot during a match. Though still Ruko is indecisive if she wants to keep going or not.

Iona: I found you...
Ruko: *gasp*
Me: Yuri alert! Yuri alert!

Oh damn Akira has a new look, this is not looking good.

May 15, 2014 8:15 PM

Mar 2014
SrachcII said:
Ruuko is the least heroic main in a situation that would makes sense for her to be heroic. She doesn't want to wish to help her friends(or all affected by losing three times) because her guilty pleasure of battle is too strong. Though she didn't make a wish, while battling Iona she pretty much told her what Ruuko herself was thinking.

As a side note when Akira came out from the shadows I was doing a Jim Ross impression "Baw Gawd, thats gotta be a demon from hell."

Alright episode as a whole.

why don't you just pay attention to the plot and realize they already stated that a corrupted wish in this battle cannot be changed by a wish? Ruuko doesn't want to battle because she DOESN'T want to make any1's wishes turn on them. she is fighting her urges
AzuStarMay 15, 2014 8:46 PM
May 15, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
With a mask on or not, Akira's face was creepy and a little uncomfortable. Tama can keep on battling forever. Iona said that Ruko is the one she's looking for. I wonder what she meant.
May 15, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, creepy ending. Too bad the battle was cut short.
May 15, 2014 8:35 PM
Apr 2014
Akira wished for Iona's downfall, so when she lost she caused her own downfall. With that red mark on her face she can no longer be a model.
May 15, 2014 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not sure of how they worded it when they explained that Hitoe had lost her memories, but it could be that she only lost them so that she couldn't remember her friends. Akira's reverse wish (assuming it brings her life/career to ruin) wouldn't require her to lose any memories. That is, IF Akira really remembers about the Selectors' battles (we could be misinterpreting).

a_cloud said:
[...]
the plot with win=wish comes true and losex3=the reverse wish is intriguing,not so much because those girls have any actual worthy wishes( like world domination,immortality,time control or generally stuff that are by no means achievable) rather than the fact that the anti-wish can shatter their lives. Enjoying the fights and having fun while not giving a crap about any kind of concequences is the most honest reason to fight so far.
[...]

That's easier when you can choose and say your wish, like in PMMM, or when using a jeannie's lamp. From what the show tells us, though, they get what they wish deep down. There's no "choice", so to speak.

Yuzuki loves her brother, so her wish is that they can love each other.
Akira hates Iona's success, and from what we see, she dedicated everything to bring her career down.
Ruuko loves WIXOSS battles, despite not wanting to. So that's her wish, whether she likes it or not.

Not many real people have a true wish as grandiose as ruling the universe, immortality, or world peace. Real people usually have mundane wishes like being together with somebody, having a successful life, or seeing a dead relative again, and this show wants its characters to feel real (as the director Takuya Sato explained in the translated interview konatachan80 linked last page: http://heart.okwave.com/campaign/selector-wixoss).

At least that's how I understand it.
May 15, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2013
Ruko pissed me this time. Sorry folks, its like she knew now the consequences of losing 3 times, got a friend that forgot her and Yuzuki, makes Akira suffered in her third loss (that girl deserve it) yet she enjoyed battling Iona and Urisu. Tch.

Anyways, freaking good episode with Tama and again, it goes more darker.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 15, 2014 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
lol ruuko is a battoru addict

how does akira remember the selectors though?
and i kind of thought her tainted wish would be more than just a scar in her face.
May 15, 2014 11:52 PM
Jul 2013
silverwalls said:
lol ruuko is a battoru addict

how does akira remember the selectors though?
and i kind of thought her tainted wish would be more than just a scar in her face.

Akria's tainted wish is probably that:

1) she can never win against Iona

2) she can never forget her losses against Iona ( which means, she can remember the selector battles)

3) the scar is a mark to intensify 2)
limeliarMay 16, 2014 1:24 AM
May 15, 2014 11:55 PM

Mar 2014
Holy crap Akira! What happened to her? Ruko looked cute this episode maybe it was just her outfit. Another cliffhanger. Next episode looks interesting though.
Zanos1May 16, 2014 12:07 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 16, 2014 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
If you change the word battle to fuck, you get some pretty hilarious dialog.
May 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
limeliar said:

Akria's tainted wish is probably that:

1) she can never win against Iona

2) she can never forget her losses ( which means, she can remember the selector battles)

3) the scar is a mark to intensify 2)

but 2) doesn't really have to do with akira's wish, does it?
ahh well i guess they will explain it in the next episode
May 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:
If you change the word battle to fuck, you get some pretty hilarious dialog.

:D

Solid Ruko this episode, but she didn't put enough point in Box ability, thus she sucks at infiltrating.
Uris is even more annoying than Aki-lucky, they could at least give her a deeper voice. Or just let Iona talk more. After watching opening for the seventh time, I kinda think that LRIG can become real (as in "living in their masters' world") and that's why they don't say the truth. Wonder if I'm right.
Yeah, next week Yuzuki's conclusion. Probably loses to Iona, as she and Uris seem to enjoy "leveling the field". Yuzuki, believe in the Heart Of The Cards.
CiaraMay 16, 2014 3:20 AM
May 16, 2014 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
oOoOo!

next episode is juicy! I can't wait.

this episode! wow
May 16, 2014 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
Creepy Akira is best Akira. I like her. Ruuko is still annoying as usual.

I'm glad they went with the focus on the story instead of the card game itself and basically fast forward through the battles. It is fun to see Tama battle though.

I am also curious on how Akira still retained her memory. I'm glad she did so she can continue on being a character.
May 16, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
Aki-lucky became Aki-creepy. This show might not be particularly good but sure knows how to keep you interested.
May 16, 2014 3:38 AM
Oct 2013
I don't want a happy ending for this show.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.