Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
best dying words ever
May 10, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
True Tears man, 2sad2touching
May 10, 2014 1:09 PM
Dec 2013
HowTragic said:
#youneverdiewhenyouarekilledinanime.

I guess you're not familiar with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure nor Gurren Lagann, are you?

I enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Daimidaler. They were very stupid, but made me laugh. Eps 4 and 5 have been very boring. I just didn't feel moved by the "drama" in this episode. Kouichi has been annoying me anyway and his sexual harassment scenes were getting old. Good riddance.

I hope the show will be funny again with the new MCs.
May 10, 2014 6:04 PM

Apr 2011
rickywolfy said:
Fan service! D: Damn, need to see it uncensored.....

Check out the Chihiro or Commie fansubs, both are uncensored. I've been watching the Commie subs since episode 1, a show like this is pointless on anything except AT-X.

Screw all of you celebrating Kouichi's death. He was a breath of fresh air at a time when almost every anime protagonist guards their virginity like it's all the gold in Fort Knox. He was HOT BLOODED about the thing every teenage boy loves best, oppai, and a badass mecha pilot at that. He'll be missed ... assuming he's really dead. The PV is sure trying to make us think that he's dead, anyway.

Oddly enough, this makes the Penguin Empire one of the most credible threats in mecha anime, since they actually managed to not only defeat a protagonist (TWICE), but actually slay him (apparently). He should've just let them pass out their fliers ...

Next episode, we get new MCs, though it remains to be seen if they're replacements or will share the spotlight with a revived Kouichi. I hope the latter, but its still a pretty bold step for an anime to kill off their protagonist 5 episodes in. I do kinda hope that the new MCs will do something besides just groping tits; that was Kouichi's schtick, and if they're going to keep that, they might as well have kept the original MC.
May 10, 2014 6:15 PM
Oct 2012
Vladislav_Paizis said:
I enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Daimidaler. They were very stupid, but made me laugh. Eps 4 and 5 have been very boring. I just didn't feel moved by the "drama" in this episode. Kouichi has been annoying me anyway and his sexual harassment scenes were getting old. Good riddance.

I hope the show will be funny again with the new MCs.

Your first mistake was to think that there was any implied "drama".
Your second mistake was to thing that Kouichi was "sexual harassing" anyone. Maybe at the start, but as the teacher this episode said "your level is far above a normal high schooler." As the old saying goes, girls are never "harassed" by attractive (or in this case, skilled) guys.
Your third mistake was not to get the "humor" of this episode. There is no way 6 can top this, though having watched 6 I would say they were about even.
May 10, 2014 9:27 PM
May 2014
Are those two really MCs or just gonna be something like juniors of Kouichi?

Edit: If they ever add more MCs, then they're running their anime away from their plot/synopsis.
magnamus03May 10, 2014 9:59 PM
May 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
True perverts will never die. Though i've been waiting for those two new characters. Anyway, Kouichi's last words are truly beautiful.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 15, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
They went Eva-crazy this episode. So swapping out arms/legs counts as a transformation huh? "This is the first I've heard of it."
May 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2011
Oh dear this episode is quite intense. Kouichi being such a badass! and am i the only one who was laughing out loud when they said Sam's tail is damaged? Ahahaha xD. And i guess not a lot of people caught that Gurren Lagann reference? The whole scene about Kouichi dying and saying those famous last words are from Gurren Lagann.
kickmesign said:
I haven't felt this sad since

Henry survived the last episode, there can't really be an actual death in this ecchi parody. Can there??
Same here :( it was actually a happy episode then suddenly it becomes all that serious
Jul 10, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was a giant TTGL reference, use of drills
libera me from hell-esque theme... loved it all
Aug 25, 2014 11:28 PM

Jul 2013
MrHawkeye said:
This episode was a giant TTGL reference, use of drills
libera me from hell-esque theme... loved it all
I agree with everything you said except for the spoiler part. Who you're talking about is nowhere near awesome compared to Koichi or even with any of the guys in his own series.

Anyway this anime is a joke.. everything in it... so a change of protagonist is no biggie but it's just frustrating that Koichi died quickly.
Nov 10, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2012
Great episode with amazing action! Really loved this episode so let's see what happens next and see if he really is dead...
Aug 28, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Riip best penguin Sam.

Apr 22, 2016 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
Kyoko offers him tutoring service, but he's more interested in her ta ta service.

I'm pretty sure, he is alive. That's anime we're talking about. As long as they don't show a corpse, someone isn't dead. And even if they show one, you can't be 100 % sure.

And it's kind of refreshing to see characters like him, Issei and Tomoki who are true to themselves and embrace their pervertedness. :)
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

111 by HerdianElang »»
Jan 30, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Episode 8 Discussion

Takuan_Soho - May 24, 2014

45 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 2, 2022 11:34 PM

» Why is this so obscure?

KanekiKen523 - May 24, 2022

2 by Kunasenpai »»
May 24, 2022 6:49 PM

» Unpopular and Underated

AnimeHonor - Apr 29, 2017

5 by KanekiKen523 »»
May 24, 2022 3:30 AM

Poll: » Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Amarrez - Apr 5, 2014

212 by Ryuzaki775 »»
Apr 1, 2021 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.