Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those animal instincts~

Honestly, I thought the episode got a bit silly but whatever. Knowledge is power. That cake looked delicious tbh.
May 1, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2013
This has quickly become my guilty pleasure of the season..
May 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
It's good episode, but boring.
May 1, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode, those animal instincts were not too bad at all.
May 1, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
The tail was really fast, I wonder why it didn't go for Logy though.
It was nice to see Escha recalling her mom by making the tail.
Marion knows the two that moved in.
Katla! I still enjoy seeing her shop.
May 1, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2011
We got a nice and relaxing episode this time. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
She just noticed the tail :P and finally I've been begging to know myself.

Ayesha is only 15! She acts older :P

Looks like Logy can draw, Escha not so much.

When a tail goes down a girl's shirt be prepared for howling >:3

Wilbell has some awesome magic.

After that fiasco how could you trust her cooking XD

Oh just realized this, but I think that hummingbird book is about the girl in the ED, the song's lyrics are even about a hummingbird :O

No little monster segment this time?

Nice end card.

Off topic, but does anyone know why this anime has such a low score?
May 1, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2007
Nice changed of pace. I'm happy they finally did the trademark 'barrel' line. :D I was wondering when they would finally cover the tail and they didn't disappoint at all.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 1, 2014 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
Aggron said:
Ayesha is only 15! She acts older :P

Did you mean Nio?

Aggron said:

Off topic, but does anyone know why this anime has such a low score?

Basically, it is not appeal to eveyone. This anime presented itself as "a simple, slow-pace, (SOL and some action) anime set in the fantasy world"

1. People who enjoy it will say this show is warm and relaxing to watch.
2. People who don't enjoy it (i.e. People who prefer faster-pace , an ep. with a lot of thing happen , an anime with more heavy plot, more action) will say this show is boring to watch.

Unfortuantely, there are a lot more people in #2 case than #1 case. That's why this anime has low score and doesn't get much attention.
May 1, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
bad episode nothing really going on.
May 1, 2014 10:37 PM
Oct 2012
Marina2 said:
Unfortuantely, there are a lot more people in #2 case than #1 case. That's why this anime has low score and doesn't get much attention.

Also because hot and cold are both a lot more noticeable than lukewarm. No one will get excited watching anything that is average. They want to see good to appreciate or bad to at least be able to mock. Adequate is, well, just as the word sounds. This show is adequate. Not good, not bad, just there. Its not surprising that it has attracted no great passion, indeed even the praise from this show's viewers has been remarkable tame.
May 1, 2014 10:42 PM

Sep 2013
I like the soundtrack in this anime and one of the tracks sound like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Finally, the tail has been explained.

May 1, 2014 11:34 PM

Feb 2014
facade63 said:
bad episode nothing really going on.

I think that's the point. Its a nice relaxing anime that you can just watch whenever. I will say though that the tail turning everyone into animals sketch was a bit too stupid after the first 5 people.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 2, 2014 12:54 AM

Nov 2010
That tail chasing scene .. lo, so funny.

Micronique said:

Yup, me too.
6.88 rating? underrated ...
May 2, 2014 1:39 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
About time someone from the cast asked about that tail, haha! :D

The tail-chasing scene plus everyone getting animal-like features because of the moving tail - this entire debacle gave me the giggles. <3
May 2, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2007
DivineTrinity said:
Nice changed of pace. I'm happy they finally did the trademark 'barrel' line. :D I was wondering when they would finally cover the tail and they didn't disappoint at all.

Sent with Mal Updater

Haha, yea. There's always gotta be a barrel joke somewhere.
May 2, 2014 4:16 AM

Dec 2011
The episode was really cute and funny. That tail really brought out the animals in them XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 2, 2014 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
Marina2 said:

2. People who don't enjoy it (i.e. People who prefer faster-pace , an ep. with a lot of thing happen , an anime with more heavy plot, more action) will say this show is boring to watch.

I don't know about that. I consider myself a person that enjoys SoL titles, but Escha&Logy is just bland to me. It's bland when nothing happens. It's bland when something happens. It has a nice setting and some nice characters (who sadly are overshadowed by cutesy-cutely-cute Escha and boring Logy) but it doesn't keep me entertained enough. Well, it doesn't change a fact that I might be a single case and that's just not my type of show.
May 2, 2014 5:22 AM

Nov 2009
Ep.4 Quest [100% Completed]

Main Objectives
- Help Nio and Wilbell in their move in. [Completed]
- Find a table and give it to Nio and Wilbell [Completed]

Optional Objectives
- Craft a tail [Completed]
- Stop a tail [Completed]

*Just feel want towrite it*

This is "Take a break" ep. in the an already relaxing anime. We learn more about Escha's tail and her past. Cute Escha is cute.

Nio keeps growing on me. I like her personality and her posture when she talk. (Hold two hands together in front of her chest) She is the most normal looking girl yet very interesting.

Look like another new character will come in next ep. Looking forward to it.~

Gif
http://i.imgur.com/FFom0Ae.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4UzfgrU.gif

Ciara said:

I don't know about that. I consider myself a person that enjoys SoL titles, but Escha&Logy is just bland to me........

Actually..maybe SOL is a bit wrong word to use for this anime......I think "healing" is more suitable word. BTW, aren't you like Aria the animation? (the anime you are using as Anime list background) I think it has the similar feeling to Escha and Logy.
May 2, 2014 5:29 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
SHE ISN'T HALF ANIMAL?
TAIL ADD-ON?
I feel lied to.
This was a cute episode... animal ears for all the girls!
cuteee

I will agree this is a healing anime, though the OP suggests otherwise.
I don't really mind at all though!
May 2, 2014 6:23 AM
Jan 2014
Good episode.
Its sad that Escha's mom passed away.
Lol, Wilbell is quite the greedy one, she even charges for food now.
May 2, 2014 7:10 AM
Oct 2013
TAIL SERVICE YES!
May 2, 2014 8:37 AM

Mar 2014
I find this episode quite enjoyable
May 2, 2014 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
So Escha is a human after all. Pretty good episode though I think they took the tail joke too far.
May 2, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2013
i wonder, why Logy didn't get the tail, when every one else became a silly animal...
anyway, i like Wilbell
May 2, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
Marina2 said:

Actually..maybe SOL is a bit wrong word to use for this anime......I think "healing" is more suitable word. BTW, aren't you like Aria the animation? (the anime you are using as Anime list background) I think it has the similar feeling to Escha and Logy.

I agree, "healing" would be a better word, sorry. Actually I got Aria on my list, because I wanted something positive and bright on my list, didn't had the chance to watch it yet, altough it waits among my planned titles. I think I watched some "healing" types of anime already, like them more or less, so I suppose Escha&Logy is just not my taste. I will watch it to the end, but it has some things that either get on my nerves or I don't feel anything at all in regards to them. And there is little of what I like. But I acknowledge that there are some folks that really dig this series, so I won't spoil it with my negative attitude.
May 2, 2014 11:16 AM
Aug 2008
haganedonciii said:
i wonder, why Logy didn't get the tail, when every one else became a silly animal..,

If there's one major complaint I have about the anime (other than questionable animation quality), is Logy's role in this whole thing. They make it like an ongoing joke that he's not featured nearly as much when he's supposed to be one of the main characters. He's not even in the promo picture.

As someone who's played the game, I loved his story, so I hope they remedy this in later episodes.

anyway, i like Wilbell

You and everyone else! She won the character popularity vote in the game awhile back, despite her not having nearly as big a role in the game. Of course this has a lot to do with her also being in Atelier Ayesha, and her design overall.

Funnily enough, Logy ranked higher in the poll than Escha did...
May 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2010
So the tail was an accessory well i have been wondering about it since the first episode so it was nice to see it explained for ones.
And we also learned there is a history between Marion and the others tho it's still a question which it is.

Seems there is more behind Nio's sister then first was explained.
May 2, 2014 12:20 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah I don't know about that extended tail service.
This is already going slower than molasses god forbid we waste an episode on tail hijinks.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the show but it's doing little to win me over.
May 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2011
An accessory ????!!!!

I love the Atelier series : )
May 2, 2014 12:53 PM
Mar 2009
So this episode was focused on the party settling down after last week's episode? Quite relaxing, but the tail thing got a little too silly after the first couple transformations.

Escha's mom looks just like her. And finally, we know what Escha's tail is. I was about to think it was actually part of her.

Looks like next episode is another easy going one. I don't see how this show plans to wrap up the game's plot unless it's mainly covering sidequests and whatnot. Weren't they trying to explore the ruins in the sky?
May 2, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
Escha's mom kinda resembles Meruru.
May 2, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
Clearly the intended audience is atelier and logy players / gust fans.

Not all anime has to be exciting, dark or emo to be good.
May 2, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2011
Micronique said:

I need to play the game before I watch the series :(
May 2, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
OMG, the trick the tail was finally revealed, it picked my interest since the first very episode lol

Somehow this alchemy thing makes me hungry.
May 3, 2014 1:53 AM

Aug 2007
Am I the only person that enjoyed the barrel scene, or was it that minor to most of the people that haven't played Atelier Totori? [ This was a reference to Atelier Totori, google it if you care w ]

Decent episode. Highly underrated because some people have code brown tastes
May 3, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
I love Clone saying Arara, its like her previous rol as Haruna saying Sha-kin
May 4, 2014 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
I honestly don't know what to make of this series so far.

It's bland, boring, and puts a lot of emphasis on unnecessary things(such as Escha being the cutest of the cutest of the cutest of the cutest... of the cutest, and the over-extended gags like this episode's tail transformations).

But, that being said, I can't say that I don't like it. I can't say that I do like it, but I can't say that I don't, either. This makes the second series this season that I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I'm watching. It's not really my cup of tea, definitely not something I normally enjoy, but I can't stop watching.

On that note, however, I can only give this episode a 5/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 4, 2014 2:32 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
The_Bif said:
I honestly don't know what to make of this series so far.

It's bland, boring, and puts a lot of emphasis on unnecessary things(such as Escha being the cutest of the cutest of the cutest of the cutest... of the cutest, and the over-extended gags like this episode's tail transformations).

But, that being said, I can't say that I don't like it. I can't say that I do like it, but I can't say that I don't, either. This makes the second series this season that I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I'm watching. It's not really my cup of tea, definitely not something I normally enjoy, but I can't stop watching.

On that note, however, I can only give this episode a 5/10.

Pretty much, this. I haven't played the game but the source material doesn't seem any impressive. It focus too much on 'cute things' rather any actual plot.
May 4, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty funny episode. The moving tail part was awesome.

I can't believe how many people here are watching the anime without having played Ayesha. I suppose that makes things rather confusing. lol
May 4, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
That was a pretty slow episode, unfortunately, but entertaining nonetheless. Still loving that ED.
May 5, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2014
I loved this ep, though I don't know why, but Nio reminds me of Uiharu from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
May 5, 2014 6:41 AM

Oct 2009
This was fun and more enjoyable than the rest of the episodes so far.
The transformations were funny ;)
May 6, 2014 2:36 AM

Nov 2008
im rather glad an Atelier game was finally adapted - and so far I would say its being underated ; I just hope it is able to more or less remain as loyal as possible with only 12 to work with instead of 18-26.
May 6, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2010
That was sweet
Katla and Wilbell has found their common turn on

Money!

That tail running rampage was very entertaining
May 6, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2013
This show is boring and not the good kind of boring (Aria). Doubt its gonna get any better.
May 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
E_1999 said:
This show is boring and not the good kind of boring (Aria). Doubt its gonna get any better.
If you find it boring, then don't watch it.
May 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
DGemu said:
Escha's mom kinda resembles Meruru.

Meruru confirmed for Escha's mother. If it wasn't for the fact the series take place in two different worlds I'd call it plausible. Then again, anything is possible with alchemy.

I'm a bit disappointed this episode was 100% filler. There's a lot of content to cover and I'm just really surprised they went with a filler episode when they only have 12 episodes.
May 10, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
I hope that Keith and Ayesha will make a cameo
May 14, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
The mystery of the tail has been solved. A part of me actually wished it was really part of Escha lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

60 by zedexile »»
Jan 13, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

53 by Shrimp_Tail »»
May 21, 2022 8:25 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

21 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 19, 2017 1:02 AM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

35 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 18, 2017 10:08 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

25 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 18, 2017 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.