Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2008 4:52 PM
Oct 2007
Ah.

I've got it

Everything makes sense now
Feb 9, 2008 2:03 AM

Apr 2007
Awesomeness continues: off to next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2008 6:38 PM

Oct 2007
You know, the characters seem very reminiscent of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Shinichirou totally reminds me of Kyon and Noe is kinda like Haruhi.
Apr 27, 2008 7:49 AM

Feb 2008
Haha! Not really, this reminds me of CLANNAD. Maybe because of the mystery in-puns and Shin being Tomoya and Nobusa being Sunohara. Hahaha! LOL! And I really just want to see more Noe. N/MOE! LOL!
Nov 6, 2008 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
radiantfire said:
So a few things to discuss:
- Ai obviously likes Shinchirou
- Noe has a brother
- Hiromi's one lying biatch

You forgot to mention about Kakagami's bitchy mom.

I like the new developments... they make the series more interesting for me.
I look forward to more.
cyruz said:
Noe's very funny, I'm really looking forward to some more of her screentime in the next ep.

Agreed! She's the cutest as well ^^
As of now my favorite characters from this are Noe and Hiromi... the rest aren't very interesting though... :(
Feb 12, 2009 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
Omg I seriously both love and hate True Tears at the same time. How can I not watch the next episode straight away after that ending. I prefer if Shinichiro ends up with Ai but I cant see that happening. Hiromi is too bland imo.

5/5 episode. I have high hopes for the series now, I really hope it doesnt disappoint.
Apr 13, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Oh thank god no more tragic past shit. Well the ending was indeed interesting. Hoping to see more. I wish it doesn't turn out too predictable.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 18, 2009 5:36 AM

Nov 2008
radiantfire said:

So a few things to discuss:
- Ai obviously likes Shinchirou
- Noe has a brother
Anyway, how was that ending? >.< Man, I can't wait for the next ep.

Lol, to that ending, the reaction of the faces O.o.I guess Hiromi keeps calm somehow to pretend that she doesn't love him.
Jun 9, 2009 4:13 AM

Apr 2008
hahas~ hiromi got heard xD rawrs ....

makes me really want to know wat happens in the next episode

Jun 10, 2009 6:44 AM

Jun 2009
The facial expressions in this anime are priceless. The plots and twists here are amazing. Hiromi admitting to liking Number 4 was such a big surprise too.
Fear the finger of death
Sep 14, 2009 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
I'm rooting for Ai now, i always tend to root for the side characters anyway, plus she's a mean cook!
Sep 23, 2009 4:04 AM

Nov 2007
Wow so it was a misunderstanding O_O at first I thought dad in previous episode then decided he was too young then I thought he was the bf when she got on the bike and it was finally confirmed it was her brother xD but wow ... to hear something like that then get a confrontation face to face =O
Jan 27, 2010 7:16 PM

Nov 2009
True tears is getting interesting now, I really hope this can bring tears to my eyes lol
Feb 2, 2010 4:16 PM
Jan 2010
This is getting interesting he better end up with Noe though
Mar 9, 2010 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
Hiromi pwned herself at the end.
"Whoops."
'Twas a good episode. I'm starting to really enjoy this series.
Hopefully everything turns out okay.
I'm also curious about Ai and her feelings towards Shinchirou.
May 27, 2010 3:16 AM

Sep 2009
Seems like Hiromi might have lied...don't know for sure. I hope she can work things out with her mother, or new mother I should say.
Jun 1, 2010 4:44 PM

May 2009
Ai-chan sure is cruel. It looks like she is only together with Nobuse to be close to Shin'ichiro... At least that's what they were implying with the whole "I understand why Hiromi wanted to be Noe's friend" scene.
Jul 21, 2010 3:31 PM

Jan 2010
did i ever mention i love the OP song?:D

funny episode overall :),i think i should enjoy this episodes because probably this will get very dramatic :\

oh yeah i almost forgot,Shinichiro is a match for both Yuasa and Noe...

oh yeah i almost forgot #2,i'm sorry Shinichiro,but your mom's a *****

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 3, 2010 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
great episode! finally things are heating up for real

the ending with hiromi's talk was very well done, but here is how i see it.

hiromi actually does love shinichiro. she is simply in denial and does not know how to control it. how is this known?

after living for how long in that house with shinichiro, all of a sudden she takes an interest into Noe (who superficially looks like she likes shin). in addition, hiromi actively denies the incident in the past at the festival. if she did not love shinichiro, she would have no reason for not "remembering it" when asked.

great stuff, very well done, and looking forward to the next ep!!
Nov 6, 2010 4:43 AM

Jul 2010
First he was like >.<
then he was like O_O

Great episode, Hiromi is obviously lying.

Apr 6, 2011 8:35 PM

Sep 2008
DeathfireD said:
I'm a bit confused why Shinichirou's mom always seems mad and gets even more mad when Shinichirou 's dad mentions Hiromi is their kid now. Is there something we haven't been told yet ;).

Definitely something there that we don't know.

I'm sticking with this particularly because that point bothers me... Noe is pretty interesting too, I suppose. For some reason, I'm not really sure I like our protagonist, Shinichiro...
May 25, 2011 11:02 PM

May 2008
well... Hiromi just shot herself in the foot. This is getting truly interesting.

I am now rooting for Noe. :3
Dec 1, 2011 9:02 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah, this is why I'm rewatching :).

Hiromi you cutie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
I like it so far! It really has me paying attention to what's happening! I'm actually wondering about whats going to happen next =D.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 2, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
It is getting more interesting.

radiantfire said:

This.
alpatroseJan 2, 2012 9:19 AM
Jan 21, 2012 9:19 AM

Dec 2009
I love the soundtrack in this episode. <3
Feb 13, 2013 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
Drengot said:

PREDICTION: Shinichiro will go out with Noe, but they will SOMEHOW break up. After they break up, Noe can "get her tears back". But then, they will SOMEHOW get together again and Noe will show her "True Tears", aka tears of happiness? lol. The end, happy ending.

I would love that to happen, but I can already see that he is going to end up with Hiromi...
I don't really have any problems with Hiromi though, except for lying again (pretty sure he actually likes Shin), but that's understandable. It's just that Noe outshines her in every possible way in my eyes. So I would really love it if she ended up with Shin.
Also, I guessed right that #4 was just a brother and not a boyfriend.

Ai also likes Shin...great... I hope the number of girls liking him will end here. I really don't want this show to be a real harem. She should just stay with the other guy.

cyruz said:
not enough Noe

This. She is just so cute :)
RazielZeroFeb 13, 2013 2:42 PM
Apr 10, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Awesome! That ending was totally epic, that look in their eyes! Oh well there's sure a love square here :p

Great episode lets see what's next!
Jul 2, 2013 6:45 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Shinichiro obviously likes Hiromi. Before the credits roled through look at the way Shunichro stares at Hiromi. I can tell he was shocked and also sad because Noe is causing so many problems and misunderstandings for Shunichiro and Hiromi. I mean she faked her leg injury just so that she can cheer her brother and in the process make Hiromi feel depressed and jealous. This better not be like School Days, I say that mainly because Hiromi's friend since I think she is capable of pulling stuff like that for the sake of helping Hiromi.

Jul 6, 2013 5:42 PM
Aug 2012
mom is such a raving bitch. and that moment at the end was really cool!
Sep 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
Yup, you just messed up Hiromi :P
Why the heck would you lie to your best friend like that?! What's so damn embarrassing about telling your best friend who you like? It's definitly not nr. 4.

Apr 20, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
Did Ai just kick him for doing absolutely nothing at all? What a bitch.
Jun 27, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
YES!! Loving the drama

Well that explains Ai's situation. Likes MC but has some sort of relationship with Nobuse to stay close to him.

Can't hate on Hiromi really. She was being a bitch with the whole "introduction with Noe" but she's just denying that she likes Shinichiro. Liking Noe's brother is probably crap too. Very realistic and relatable character.

Noe is the stereotypical ditsy, mask wearing girl. I usually end up supporting this type but haven't chosen sides yet. Enjoying this series thoroughly.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 15, 2015 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
I think I know why I'm not enjoying this very much.

The picturesque freeze frames.
The whole thing about chickens.
Some characters that don't act or speak like human beings.

It's reminding me too much of Glasslip.

*shivers*

(To be fair, this is still a lot more coherent, though it's not hard to be more coherent than Glasslip.)
-Trippwire-Jun 15, 2015 12:23 AM
Aug 17, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
That Noe's brother isn't her boyfriend was obvious. I don't think a boyfriend was ever introduced like that in anime, especially not when everyone is struggling in a love..well, triangle isn't gonna cut it, but you got the idea. And the way they interacted, especially when he tied the helmet..that practically screamed "relatiive", so unless he'd be her father (a bit young..) or a cousin (which wouldn't be any different from brother for all intents and purposes here), it could only be..brother.

Also, Hiromo was practically staring at Noe's brother during the match, far to intensive for anything "normal". So i think she is really in lov with him. But that was right after she saw Shinchiro carrying Noe. It was like he randomly caught her eye because of movement or whatever and in that moment she decided to fall in love with him, because she can't have Shinchiro, or as revenge etc.

Interesting that she talks about him as "no. 4", instead of "Noe's brother". This makes it imho less likely that it is as revenge, as that would miss the point. Just taking a random guy wouldn't mean a thing then.

And Shinchiro's mother..something must have happend for her to be so hostile to Hiromi. Wonder why they even adopted her if there's bad blood. I mean, they know her obviously, as Shinchiro knows her for years, but what exactly was the relationship between them all (Shinchiro/family and Hiromi/family) before she was adopted?
Sep 10, 2015 3:18 AM
Oct 2013
This episode was a revelation. I really like how things are going. More heartache for everyone!
Jan 11, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
she just screwed herself .

Dec 29, 2016 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
How does Shinichiro not understand what Ai was getting at, she was obviously talking about herself aswell.
Those eyes from Hiromi at the end though O.O
Oct 10, 2018 4:57 PM

Nov 2016
I dunno why Shinichirou didn't even consider Noes brother from the beginning. Tho I doubt that Hiromi really has an interest in him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2018 9:22 AM
Apr 2016
Now this got interesting real quick. Time to watch the next episode...
Apr 2, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2016
Damn leaving us like that now I have to watch ep 4 right away or the hype goes away.
Aug 6, 2021 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Yep, so that dude is Noe's brother.
And Hiromi be lying... or maybe not, maybe she actually does like Noe's bro.

Also, I could have sword Ai liked Shinichirou's friend but apparently not.
Oct 15, 2021 5:41 PM
Dec 2017
what a love triangle this ahs been

Jan 25, 2022 11:50 AM

Aug 2017
Tpyical romance episode. MC confuses brother's love interest with boyfriend, another love interest is violent, drama with the "main" love interest.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Dec 2021
Aww Noe giving the chicken food to Shinichirou is sooo sweet! It's definitely a sign of affection. :D
Even though I'm learning more about Hiromi, I still find her pretty boring... and a liar. :/
I don't find Aiko boring and I'd definitely like to see more of her!!
I knew that the "boyfriend" was actually Noe brother hehe.
The scene where Shinichirou was giving Noe a piggyback ride was simply heartwarming. <3
Although, I feel like almost every time Shinichirou blushes while thinking of Noe, Hiromi just has to come up... *sigh*
𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.