Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Sep 22, 2015 5:10 AM

Dec 2013
i love these game-type anime ><
the art is soooo unique and soo cute *-*
Oct 13, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Well, I'm loving the art and all the pretty colors. Its very unique and fun to watch.

Though I do feel things happened a bit too fast. We barley got an introduction to our 2 main characters, when suddenly, they're being sucked into some crazy alternate reality fantasy world lol.

But yeah, overall it was a pretty enjoyable first episode.
Shape430Oct 13, 2015 8:34 PM
Oct 31, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2009
Nov 8, 2015 5:08 AM

Aug 2014
Not bad start I liked this.
Nice story.
Nice art but maybe world is too pink? :D

I thought Sora will say that this blonde cheated and prove it and win by forfeit, but he was the one cheating first, so maybe he didn't need to?
How this Kurami is cheating? :| And this girl in cape maybe she is creating cards with magic for that other girl? :O

I did not like how simple and magical they went to this game world. Maybe they just passed out or died from dehydration and/or lack of food and sleep?

I hope there won't be too much sister/brother sexy scenes.. I love the ending after the ED song Looking forward to second episode :)
And best of all Dora voice is my beloved Rias - Yoko Hikasa !!! :)))
And ED/OP is the great Konomi Suzuki!
My two favorite women of the anime industry!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 27, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
so colorful I hope it doesn't get too weird. I saw weird hints in the end
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 5, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, so far, this looks like a generic wish-fulfillment anime about otaku NEET protagonists who go to a video game world and then turn out to be awesome at everything, and it has 11 year-old panty shots, and all it has going for it is that the animation is pretty.

No wonder this is so popular.

It's a bad sign already when I start watching a show and I yawn several times per episode.

I think I'll probably watch 2-3 episodes per day just so I can finish it quicker.

1/5
D-ohnutsJan 5, 2016 10:48 AM
Jan 31, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, That was so awesome. Such an EPIC first episode.
Love the animation, Love the characters, the plot, everything so far.
Feb 10, 2016 6:46 PM
Dec 2015
Overall I always enjoy the vibrant colors of the anime, downside is I sorta cringed at "Just leave it blank" Like I get that is your thing, but not only is that Shadow The Hedgehog level edgy, that is also inconvenient overall for the owner of the Inn.
Mar 31, 2016 6:31 AM

Mar 2016
I really like the colour,

this seems very promising
Apr 2, 2016 10:30 AM
Apr 2016
So is this another loser and his harem anime? With all the waifus and fan-service and wish-fulfillment? This anime seems to have a pretty high rating and popularity on this site but I damn well know better than to really trust the taste of mainstream anime fanbase.
May 20, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely loved this! As a gamer, this appeals to me so much! The art, the colours, the animation, the characters, the voice acting in the English dub (Shiro's voice is so soft!) - I love it all!
Jun 19, 2016 11:44 PM

Sep 2015
Interesting concept if this is fan service will have to pick up Light novel. Liked this episode
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 27, 2016 7:08 AM
Jun 2016
I'm lovin the art style.
Sep 3, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2013
REALLY good opening episode :D I have high expectations for this now <3

I initially thought it was a video game anime which got me excited since I haven't seen one since SAO came out, but I'm not disappointed with this at all even though it turned out to be a world with any type of games C:
Sep 4, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit the art blew me away. So unique and colorful.

If the first episode was any indication, this anime is going to blow my socks off.
Nov 27, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2013
Wish fulfillment fantasy is not a bad thing per se. But in the case of this show, it takes ridiculous proportions. I knew what I was getting into, and yet I still frowned when the "otaku but also brilliant" siblings were introduced with their respective traits written on the screen.

I predict that in this series, there won't be any dramatic stakes to talk about. Instead, the enjoyment should come from the way the siblings overcome the obstacles - and all that depends if I can grow to like them. So far this is uncertain.

I know I should have expected this (it is tagged as ecchi) but I'm also not happy about the fanservice; mainly the little sister variety, the gigantic cleavages are at least funny. You might think me a hypocrite because I watched Oreimo and the Monogatari series, but I didn't watch either because of the T&A. And I always find fanservice involving underage characters to be creepy.

I'm giving it a chance for at least two more episodes. The art is probably the main reason this series might be interesting despite all of the above. It's a little bit chaotic, but pretty.
LeeTailorNov 27, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 1, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2015
IT was fun for first episode.

I took this show in blank, it's quite good, but it has to much color in it (for my eyes at least).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 9, 2017 10:23 PM

Jan 2016
Lol damn, he's such a professional cheater, he's even deceiving those who have been living in this world..... or is he? I'm wondering how he does it.

Ehm, I hope future episodes give a better impression. I'm not too impressed thus far, to be honest.
Apr 14, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty fun first episode! The animation's super pretty (I love the colour palette) and the two main characters are pretty funny lol. Kept wondering why Sora sounded so familiar ... his seiyuu voiced Souma in Shokugeki! No wonder XD Seems like there are a bunch of adept cheaters in this world, but well, some are obviously better than others :P Now I'm just wondering what this Dora girl is doing ... maybe she wants to get some help getting the throne?! Anyway the OP (well, ED for this episode) fit the show well, but I didn't really love the song itself too much. Oh well :P Looking forward to watching the rest of this :D
Apr 17, 2017 3:31 PM

May 2010
Colors in this series are rather... vivid @_@ Will take a few episodes to get used to that kind of artstyle! So far NGNL seems fun, but also very random, not that it's a bad thing. Color me intrigued! Main characters also seem likable so far, especially Shiro, suuuuch a cutie 。◕‿◕。 I thought she would be another annoying tsundere, glad it's not the case!
Sep 9, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2016
Please no incest. Please no incest. Please no incest.

Liked the first episode, though I thought they should've offered more for the first. Wasn't convinced, but I'm gonna continue watching this anime.

That colors, though. First time watching an anime with this neon-y colors. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 24, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2015
What an entrance, this is the start of a fun ride.
Oct 17, 2017 7:21 PM
Mar 2017
Really liked this first episode, excited to watch the rest. Looks promising as of now.
Dec 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
So many pretty colors! XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 15, 2018 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good so far and love all the colours. I wonder how he cheated to win that game?

Also the penalty for cheating should be like... death or something, doesn't seem very fair lol.
Jan 15, 2018 3:39 AM

Dec 2016
Nice first episode in an amazing setting ...
the idea of ​​world peace in this way ... very good

burberrygod said:

Also the penalty for cheating should be like... death or something, doesn't seem very fair lol.

that would disturb the possibility of peaceful coexistence a little ... since the stakes should be equivalent, this is so completely sufficient to lose automatically
Feb 27, 2018 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
First of all, let me just say that the first episode is super impressive! Bright and vibrant colors, top-notch animation (thanks, Madhouse!), lovable characters and relationships (so far...) I especially love the fact that Sora and Shiro are so op that they're both too genius for their age. They beat 1000+ players (Both Sora and Shiro are controlling 2 characters at once!)

Well, it's great that their gaming skills can be put to use in this new world... So far I love how Sora cares for his sister. And the opening, finally I get to hear the beautiful opening by actually watching No Game No Life itself rather than only the opening.
Mar 3, 2018 6:23 PM
Feb 2018
Ok, I haven't watched it yet BUT I'm excited it seems very interesting.

Basically, I wanted to write a comment about something weird. The panel said it wasn't available in my country. I clicked it. And it's available! Wut the heck just happened.

Which is good because I've really wanted to watch this anime for a long time. (≧∇≦*)
Mar 10, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2017
I love how there's a panty shot in the first three minutes. More specifically a loli pantyshot. This is what you call quality anime.
Oct 3, 2018 8:35 PM
Apr 2018
It was interesting enough for me.

My God, the animation is out of this world, I wish they had used less purple and neon... eyes kinda got tired towards the end.
Oct 28, 2018 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
Wow panty shot already huh? I don't really mind but it'll be probably a regularity then, hmmm?

If you're not cheating (as long as you don't get caught), you're not trying hard enough!

Well they're not trying to go home, they're already home...probably. XD

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 23, 2018 12:08 PM

Dec 2016
Just as interesting and insane as I thought the first episode might be lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 25, 2019 2:41 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Shiro is so cute!
I want to play with hands and feets aswell xD

But idk why it felt kind of rushed.
I guess they came there for a good reason. And I guess its nothing that happens quite often since tthe reaction of that woman.
Really courious where this will lead.

May 14, 2019 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
Well that was a ton of fun. Can't wait to see more.
Jun 25, 2019 7:20 PM
May 2019
-panty shot
*not even a second later*
-11 years old

bold fucking move.
Dec 29, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2019
This episode had me torn.

The premise of the story is awesome, and the setting is beautiful. The two main characters are really cool too.

However, it felt rushed (tbf most anime do, as each episode is only 20 minutes long) and the voice acting (dubbed) for Shiro, the girl, was poor.

Additionally, we weren't introduced to their parents or friends in the normal world, so we can't decide whether or not we want them to try and get back to the real world to stay with their family, for instance.

And one last thing - we don't know the rules of this world. Is it a virtual world like SAO? Is it a alternate dimension? How does time work in relation to real life time?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 20, 2020 1:56 AM

Sep 2018
Hmmm the story is so fast, I can't keep up lol they sexualize the little girl 😞 MC is very OP!! I saw a lot of comments/post requesting for a season 2 of this show, I got curious xD
Apr 26, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2017
I spent most of the episode without looking at how many minutes have passed from the player, so it entertained me. I must say that I felt a bit identified as being a former NEET, I would not have wanted to return to the real world either.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 10, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, the art style is so colourful in this show, maybe too colorful.

I liked this first episode, it introduces us a interesting world. I hope they don't cheat much on the games because it looked like that most people are just cheat masters, and show more of ability or intelligence games instead of games of luck.
Jun 10, 2020 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
Put this show off for a long time, I finally am watching it and ep. 1 did not disappoint! I really like the colors, nice and vibrant!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jul 20, 2020 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
I've been wanting to watch this for a while and finally, I'm watching it.

For a first episode, this was really enjoyable.

Good to hear Konomi Suzuki doing the OP. Nice.

Sep 23, 2020 9:43 PM
May 2019
Wowo thanks mau dimaa
Sep 24, 2020 4:13 PM
Dec 2018
Are ngnl2 S2 jokes still relevant?
Dec 20, 2020 9:37 AM
Dec 2020
انیمه خوبیه
Apr 13, 2021 5:33 PM

Aug 2018
rewatching cause it looks like it's gonna be the only season :(
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

May 27, 2021 5:00 PM

Jan 2021
About time I watched this I liked it it was very colorful the animation and art style were really good and I also liked the sound affects visuals and the intensity when there playing a game or match against someone
Jun 7, 2021 12:25 PM

Jun 2020
I looooooove the art style. And watching this at 3AM is really something

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 3, 2021 3:58 AM

Aug 2018
This was off to a good start and I'm already starting to see signs of that fan service that quite a few viewers of these kind of shows greatly desire
Dec 12, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2021
The art of anime is a little different, but I think I'll get used to it over time. It was a good first episode, looks like it's going to be a good anime.
asdasdsadad
Dec 17, 2021 1:26 PM
Dec 2021
First anime that I am watching alone. It seems like a very fun anime and I am hyped to see more :)
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Hickykissy - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.