Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 5:08 AM
Apr 2012
I really love the ending. The thing about Ojoshi-sama was explained. Everybody happy. I don't see it as open-ended though since everything is obvious about who end up with who.
Apr 5, 2014 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
I love the characters, character design and awesome visuals.
The kyoani lack of kissed style hmm left me a little disappointed (but it's PA works I guess)

The anime started strong and is decent up till the final quarter, where the heavy focus of the love polygon is made it more like a full on romance/dating sim adaptation.
Overall 8/10, would recommend.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Apr 5, 2014 7:47 AM

Nov 2010
Such a wonderful end to this love and life story
It was certainly worth waiting for each week

Drawn in by the PV and P.A. studio behind it for their high production quality they made a huge step up compared to Red Girl Data

I'll certainly miss the entire cast which I've grown attached to them with their background stories and growth
Especially Manaka who was stellar at the first half

Looking forward to their next project "Glass Lip" this summer and hoping for a sequel on Hanasaku
Apr 5, 2014 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
Loved this anime. Great story, great animation. Awesome art! I think people since the beginning were more hoping for a common love story and this anime can't be seen as a common love story. It indeed is a love story, but a complex one with it's core in the understanding of the complicated feelings instead of just love scenes, which I find estimulating and refreshing. In the end I was happy with an open ending since we get to know Chisaki/Tsumugu and Hikari/Manaka stayed together with hints about Miuna and that school guy and Saya/Kaname. I'll miss this anime.
Apr 5, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
Also forgot to mention, I loved Hikari's monologue about fate and stuff. So gorgeous.

Cheetos.
Apr 5, 2014 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
There are a lot of things I love about this anime, but a lot of things I hate. I love the animation, and the originality of the humans living under the Sea, I love the questions about love. But I hate how stupid a lot of the scenes are. Why does it take 10 episodes for someone to confess their love? Okay, I understand they're kids, but this whole making a huge deal out of the "what if" scenarios and not doing any action is really annoying. So much draaaamaaaaa. I totally hated the whole Miuna x Hikari. No no noooo! Why! If her feelings were enhanced because of Manaka's Ena, than its a little justified. But I don't like Miuna. Her resolve is even weaker than Chisaki. I find her kind of dumb and annoying, tbh. All the female characters are dumb, except Akari who was strong and decisive. Even if she wasn't in the beginning, she made a come back in just one episode. Unlike these other ladies who take years to act on their own. I love Hikari, his character development was excellent. His feelings were justifiable and easy to comprehend. Everybody else just made me mad. Kaname and Sayu were the most honest and direct side characters--Kaname was especially impressive when he confessed-- which redeemed the show a little. Contrasting with withstand indecisiveness of the other other characters gave it a breath of fresh air. Tsumugu was awesome for having a terrifying understanding of others. Speaking of Tsumugu, I wish more time was spent on his character development. I guess the focus was half hearted it so it wouldn't over shadow Hikari's development.

Overall, I have a love and hate relationship with with this anime. I marathoned all 26 episodes since last night. I really did enjoy it (when I wasn't rolling my eyes). I would give it 7.5/10 =3
avelysApr 5, 2014 9:42 AM
Apr 5, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
I have such mixed feelings about this show...There are times when I liked and times where I thought it was laughable but I guess that could count as both a positive and negative thing right??? Still,so many things happening for convenience's sake shouldn't be looked on as a good thing.

6/10

I don't regret watching it though.
Apr 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
Disappointing ending, from 8/10 to 7/10
Apr 5, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2011
Pretty good ending. 8/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2013
I'm laughing my arse off here because of the reasons the lot of you here are lowering your scores here for. I would reply, but I think some of us here have said it oh so well already so I'll just quote them instead.

Burgerboner69 said:
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?

10/10

^This.
Seriously, I think it was more than just "implied" by Japanese standards who ended up with who.

tingy said:
Yeah not too sure about people's complaints about things being open ended...open ended in romantic relationships?

When Hikari's father walked towards him, tears started falling down. Although it was never a main theme, but more like a side theme, I always loved how well the anime executed familial relationships (as well as other issues such as discrimination or people's inability to understand each other). It's really too bad that romance drama was the main focus. I know it never tried to be anything else, but those were the parts that I really enjoyed.

Still, the whole last part when the first OP song started made me feel warm and fuzzy. Especially the part when Manaka did her fish-knee imitation and Tsumugu went along, that was adorable and felt nostalgic of the first few episodes of Nagiasu. But that very last part with Hikari and Manaka walking on the beach, that was beautiful, perfect for concluding the main theme of the series. I will really miss this anime.

^This.
The main theme of the entire anime was dubbed as the growth and maturity of our main characters in a somewhat fantasy setting. Growth doesn't necessarily mean it has to be about love.
Yes love and romantic feelings are something that a teenage kid would focus on when growing up, but I don't think familial and external "social" relationships are any less important in terms of a person's growth.
Hikari's growth and maturity in the entire series was one where he learned to trust and interact with the people on the surface which he had initially had unreasonable prejudice against.
Kaname's growth came in the form of learning when to let go of the important feelings which he held dear, but which were at the same time causing him pain and suffering.
Chisaki's growth was one where she was made to realize that she was allowed to change herself, to not conform to others, and to put her own feelings in front of others, that she had a right to be selfish for her own happiness.
Miuna's growth was that of familial relationships in the first half of the season, whereas the second part was similar to Kaname's.
Sayu's growth was in finding the courage to try for her own happiness (I still can't get enough of THAT confession, best moment ever!).
Tsumugu's growth was pretty much similar to Sayu's, but then again he had a way easier time with it all, knowing that his target was already in love with him.
Can't say much about Manaka in this, but she also grew to understand her own feelings somewhat, and also learned to express herself better than initially.

In that sense, the people of the Sea and the people of the surface also grew from hating each other in the first half of the series (all the "you stole our women!" "you guys just didn't have the ability to keep them in the first place" drama), to being able to help and support each other in the end.

Even the Sea God, in the end was able to grow after learning that he had f-ed up by stealing away Ojoushi-sama's love for him and sealing it away. I think that's why in the end he was able to provide all the half-lings (Akira to be exact) with Ena to bridge the gap between the two different people. In the end, he realized that what he had done by taking away other people's feelings was counter-productive to the world. The unfortunate thing was that it took a century and Miuna's feelings of letting go of her "First Love" to get that through to him.

Some fans want a full blown closed ending because their ships set sail.
Some fans enjoyed the "open ending" because their ships still have a chance in the future.
You just can't please the entire fan-base here.

I find it sad that most viewers can only think about love, love, love, love, love for a series which actually gives us so much more meaningful lessons.

This series had it all: Great art, Excellent music, wonderful story line, great emotions, great flow. It even ended with a romantic triangle of Hikari x Manaka x Akira as well! What more could you ask for?

Overall best girl, for all the maturity and development shown throughout the entire series: Sayu.

Overall best guy, for all the crap he had to put up with, and for still acting mature and poised as hell in doing so: Kaname

Overall god class character, for being able to withstand dead-fish eyes, for having the guts to "kancho" you're uncle, and to confess to so openly to a girl 14 years your senior: Akira!

Akira FTW!

10/10 for me because I loved and appreciated everything about this anime, not just the crazy romance stuff.

Just on the basis of the goodness of this anime, I shall eagerly anticipate Glasslip.

By the way, did anyone notice that the children of the Sea God looked quite positively like a mini Hikari and Manaka?
L-RyoshiApr 5, 2014 12:38 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
That was a good one. 8/10
It was a very touching animé, and I got attached to the cast a lot. I liked all of them, to such an extent that I didn't support any pairing particularly, and didn't want any of them to come true since a character would be sad and so on. So, in the end, they made good decisions.
Is there any chance of a 2nd season? I highly doubt about it, because, there is nothing more to tell, but I'm a bit dissatisfied with this ending. Something's missing.
Apr 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2009
It's been awhile a recent anime made me feel like this. I'm glad.
Apr 5, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
I personally think the true story of the Maiden was hinting at the possibly for a MiunaxHikari relationship. It seemed fairly obviously to me that he realized he had SOME feelings for her, and the true story of the Maiden is that she left the one she loved on the surface similar to how Hikari and Manaka were separated but then she ended up loving the Sea God more (Though he didn't realize it.). It can be seen as as possibility that perhaps that's why Hikari is hesitant to further is relationship with Manaka now, when before he was so adamant about doing so. After he noticed Miuna's feelings, he thought back about everything and realized that he had SOME feelings for her and probably needs more time to think things over. He's happy Manaka loves him but confused about his own true feelings now.

If you can't understand my view then you must be young and inexperienced. Love is never black and white and can change at any second like this. Though, he might've also had feelings for Miuna for awhile but ignored them like Chisaki did with her feelings for Tsumugu.

Also people seem to have the misunderstood thought that Miuna "let go" of her feelings for Hikari. She didn't. Perhaps the subs you people watched her poor? I dont know. She didn't let go, but simply said that it's better to have a one-sided love than no love at all. That's completely different than letting go. She clearly still loves Hikari in the end.

As for a possibility of a sequel, I think at most we'll get some OVA episodes that probably won't confirm anything about any relationships but Mari Okada is evil and wants EVERYONE to be happy by having the ending as open as possible. Hanasaku did get a movie but that had more space for a sequel than this does.

Anyway, the ending IS an open one, and I love it for that. 2nd best possible ending IMO. 10/10 for me. Best anime out of the 120+ I've seen in the last 12 months.
Apr 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
I really loved this show, though I wished they could at least show us what happened after a few years.

I wanted to know how Hikari and Manaka and the others could have looked like when they get older, maybe also show us Tsumugu and Chisaki getting married.. even though there is no need for that I just wish for it to happen.
Apr 5, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2009
No twists, no deaths, no.. meh. What a shit ending. My score went from 8 to 7; and that 7 is for the beautiful animation and sceneries.

Such a forced happy ending. i loved episode 13 because of the shocking twist about almost all characters suddenly disappearing like that. These kind of things make the show interesting. Maybe i should just go back to playing visual novels, at least we can choose the ending.

Or whatever, Jojo is the best.
Apr 5, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
Somewhat of a happy ending. I feel a little let down though, no one got together :( It was a little lack luster compared to the rest of the series.
Apr 5, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
They had to end it all happy. If it ended all depressing with Miuna staying to appease the Sea God, I probably would have killed myself from depression.

Gawd I love this series though.
10/10
Apr 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
So it's over. Damn, I stressed the whole beginning, even more that I wanted to go to the toilet, but I had already started the episode D:
Why am I even saying this? I dunno, it felt relevant to me.

I am sooo glad that it ended happily. I don't think it was neccesary to end it sadly/bittersweetly, unlike some show where it just gave you a great ''bang''. The message of this show wasn't that change is impossible or love is painful, it is more that love is rewarding and can change in a lot of way for the best or for the worse.

The whole scene when Hikari was desperately trying to save Miuna, I was so fucking scared. ''What if it end badly? What if Miuna stay trapped there for centuries???'', but when I saw that the scene we saw in the last preview was in fact the first Ojoshi, I felt so dumb to worry so much xD

We got in the end all the canon pairing set up : Hikari x Manaka, Hikari x Miuna :3 (he could always go polygamy plz) but from what I got from the end - ''my first love'' - she gave up on him, Chisaki x Tsumugu, Chisaki x Oji-san (my favorite), the cute Sayu x Kaname. It didn't totally concluded all the romance (I totally *cough* don't want *cough* an epilogue OVA *cough), but it was still really great. It leave place to imagination (and the fan art).

It was really touching when we saw the Sea God story. I felt really bad to have said all those mean thing about him my last post :P
Damn you writters! Why did you make him all cool in the end! All he wanted was love the poor and all the ladies (except those fucking wooden ones stupid human keep sending him) were rejecting him :(
Well, we learned in the end that Ojoshi wasn't rejecting him in the end. But that make it even more tragic in the end. Poor him, he's the one that got fucked over the most time.

It was really a great anime. The biggest rollercoaster I've felt since Clannad and Kanon (I'll except AnoHana because I watch it at the same time). That ending felt really good, bring a bit of light in my day :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Ah, this is why I was so hesitant to finish the series. Although I like the happy ending, I feel like it was missing something. The conclusion of the situation behind the Sea God was great, but the romance felt unfinished despite resolving the love octo-infinigon with proper pairings. Not to say I'm disappointed, but I was hoping for something more with the romance other than hints and "it's ok if nothing changes."

Overall though this series was an incredible ride. For something I picked up on a whim in October, it's been a splendid exploration of the human heart and character interactions. This will be a memorable one, the animation and ost were both so lovely as well. I hope Glasslip can deliver more P.A. Work's high points this summer. 9/10
Apr 5, 2014 5:33 PM
Aug 2012
Why Miunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? For those who wants a season 2, that would just ruin the whole series imo.

I am not a fan of this ending since I am a Miuna fan, though that seriously sucked, as someone mentioned before in this thread, there were lots of more interactions from other people with Hikari rather than Manaka, such as Miuna, Chisaki, you name it, though I still enjoyed the series so I will give it 8/10. Fine ending yet really disappointing.

Guess Miunaaaaaaaaaaa is all mine now!
BlandarApr 5, 2014 5:38 PM
Apr 5, 2014 6:02 PM
Jan 2014
Just sad there was nothing hinting Miuna and Hikari being together. Miuna-chan best girl.
Apr 5, 2014 9:51 PM

Mar 2013
Welp, I started watching the seires a couple days ago and marathon'd like 3/4 of it last night and earlier today and I gotta say... such great characters and story. :o

The series as a whole was very enjoyable EXCEPT for the fact that the ending didn't include any of them actually becoming couples which kinda bummed me out. :c
Apr 5, 2014 10:33 PM

May 2013
Hikari x Manaka
Chisaki x Tsumugu
Kaname x Sayu
Miuna x Classmate (can't remember what is his name)

8/10 pretty good for me i enjoyed it but some parts are bad.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 6, 2014 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
Don't you guys feel anything for the Sea God? Sad for him that the Ojoshi-sama fell for him but him not knowing. All I can say is GG.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Burgerboner69 said:
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?

10/10

^This.
Seriously, I think it was more than just "implied" by Japanese standards who ended up with who.

Yup, the story's actually NOT open-ended.. The love relationships are not just "implied" (pardon for the lack of a better term for the moment as so I just placed there "strongly implied").. Can you suggest the better word?..
Apr 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
Unlike most of the show, the ending was expected. Slightly disappointed. It felt short as well :/
Man I will miss this show, definitely going in my top 10. One of the best romance anime ever IMO.

The fact that Miuna lost makes me very VERY sad ;_;, I really loved her the best. Hope we will get an epilogue.

It was beautiful journey from the start to end, sad to see it go..been a while since I felt like this for a anime.
I will rewatch with the BD's, never done so for a romance show before :')

The ending kinda makes me wanna give it 9/10 but I really loved the rest.

10/10
AozureApr 6, 2014 12:35 PM
Apr 6, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
Beautiful series.
Apr 6, 2014 8:03 PM
Jun 2008
how did you know miuna has ena?????

because shes standing next to you underwater and not drowning dumbass.

thats what the line should have been imo.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Apr 7, 2014 3:31 AM

Jan 2008
I loved Nagi no Asukara so much and I think the ending was so beautiful. It's true that I wanted more especially more Hikari and Manaka but I was satisfied. I don't really think the ending was open as it was pretty obvious who had feelings for who and so on. Tsumugu and Chisaki are most probably going to end up together as Chisaki finally admitted she has feelings for him and she's able to move on from the past. It was a long ride but it finally happened.

Kaname and Sayu aren't together yet but they will get there eventually, I think. I think they're a good match but whether it will work between them is something we'll never know. Anyway, I'm rooting for them.

Hikari and Manaka have always been my favorite and I was rooting for Hikari from the start. I never wanted Manaka to end up with Tsumugu as I never felt any chemistry between the two and it was pretty obvious to me that Tsumugu was never interested in her like that. I was so happy when it was revealed that Manaka was in love with Hikari all along. I didn't really expect that as I've kind of lost hope of this happening but I was really happy.

Actually, I was kind of worried Hikari's feelings will change and he ends up with Miuna but I'm glad this didn't happen. I don't really dislike Miuna. I think she's a very good character but I just only liked Manaka for Hikari. I think there's chemistry between them and I feel happy every time I see them together. One of my favorite moments was when Hikari held Manaka in Episode 9.

I loved that Hikari and Manaka needed no words to express their feelings for each other but I must admit that I wanted a kiss or holding hands. I think the fact that they didn't express their feelings verbally is what made people think there was no closure or that it was an open ending. An extra episode or anime film where they show everyone in the future will be good but it's also good as it is. I actually doubt they will do that as P.A. Works never did that with any of their works?
Apr 7, 2014 3:43 AM

Aug 2012
Love polygon mostly unresolved.

Hmm.

A good way to wrap things up in a neat bun though.
Kept me watching the whole way through, so no complaints.

That insert song near the beginning was great too.
Apr 7, 2014 4:07 AM

Feb 2012
A predictable, yet nice end. This series made me really happy in general, plus the colors were so delightful.
I was rooting for Chisaki and Tsumugu so I'm glad they ended up together~
Apr 7, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
Well, I did expect Miuna to lose, but I still had some hope that she could've won. Though, I have to respect Hikari for being a great MC throughout the whole series; he ended up acknowledging Chisaki's feelings in the beginning of the series, and then Miuna's feelings this episode; majority of the time, the MC ends up ignoring the other characters feelings or being totally oblivious about it. Not only that, Hikari was extremely rational in his thought, even though he did have a slight of a temper. I have to give him a lot of respect.

I do wonder how Miuna is feeling. Did she give up Hikari, so he could be with Manaka? While Miuna did look happy and relieved at the end of the episode, they didn't give too much insight on how she gave up on Hikari or how she dealt with the feelings. Miuna (along with Sayu) was the best female character in the series. She did a lot more than any of the other characters throughout when it comes to helping everyone. I really hoped that she would get rewarded for that.

I liked how Hikari said that fate doesn't exist, and things could be changed if someone tried hard enough. Even I thought when Tsumugu caught Manaka in the net in the beginning of the series, it'll be the start of a love story between those two, but at the end, it wasn't.
Apr 7, 2014 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
I was expecting a tragic ending so I was surprised. I'm glad that Hikari x Manaka and Tsumugu x Chisaki is canon (Chisaki is still living in Tsumugu's house. LOL. and though Hii-kun and Manaka aren't dating yet, the feelings are mutual.) Kaname x Sayu is going there.

"The World NagiAsu is filled with so many shining feelings"

Since Hanasaku Iroha and Ano Hana got a movie, I'm expecting (or HOPING) that this will get that too. :)

Although the series has its flows (like forced drama, too much talk about change etc), I still gave this a 10/10. I'm just.. so attached to the characters.
and I cried a little because it ended :(
pew pew pew
Apr 7, 2014 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
I wish the ending could be more something like what their life looks like in another 5 or 10 years later. Other than that it's great
Apr 7, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2007
I would also have liked a time skip in the ending as well, but I'm satisfied since the series stayed true to itself until the very end.
Apr 7, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
The conclusion is obvious there but maybe for some ppl, the romance finishing scene just isn't "hot" enough for them lol.. Been a nice ride, will miss this show. 9/10 from me..
Keep moving forward
Apr 7, 2014 7:31 PM

Mar 2010
Ratohnhaketon said:
Ah, this is why I was so hesitant to finish the series. Although I like the happy ending, I feel like it was missing something. The conclusion of the situation behind the Sea God was great, but the romance felt unfinished despite resolving the love octo-infinigon with proper pairings. Not to say I'm disappointed, but I was hoping for something more with the romance other than hints and "it's ok if nothing changes."

Overall though this series was an incredible ride. For something I picked up on a whim in October, it's been a splendid exploration of the human heart and character interactions. This will be a memorable one, the animation and ost were both so lovely as well. I hope Glasslip can deliver more P.A. Work's high points this summer. 9/10

I agree with the ending was "missing" something. Really great show though I enjoyed the art and animation which really made the show look amazing. The ending is still a bit disappointing though. I guess overall everything wrapped up quite nicely though.

OVA in the near future maybe?
Apr 7, 2014 9:19 PM
Aug 2011
Eh I liked the cohesion of the ending and the story in total, but I really wanted a celar-cut conclusion, not an open-ended one. Oh well. Also I may be bitter cause I hate Tsumugu x Chisaki T_T Chisaki is my waifu, not yours!
Apr 7, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
I really wanted to see Hikari and Manaka the same age as Tsumugu and Chisaki. I wonder if there will be an OVA or anime film to show the characters in the future? I hope so.
Apr 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
Can anyone explain the Sea God's story (more like Ojoshi-sama's story)?

After what happened with Miuna where she realized everything, I got pretty confused. More like I'm doubting with what I assume to be the truth.
So here is what I got. The Sea God knew Ojoshi wants to return to the surface but he knows if he did then she wouldn't be happy as well so he took his ability to love. However what Miuna figured out was that Ojoshi actually loved the Sea God, the sea, the surface, the Shishio people.
I am very sure about the last 3 since Miuna and Manaka was a representation for Ojoshi's feelings. But loving the Sea God I was not sure of. Also I realize that Hikari might be a representation of the Sea God too (Uroko-sama was a part of it but he's a direct reference).

edit: ahh nevermind I guess I was right after all lol Ojoshi did love him very much and that the Sea God only hurt her and him by taking her love away. The ending was that The Sea God finally realized his mistake and thus revealing his conscious as the sacred fire dragon no longer needing anymore sacrifices.
diamondketoApr 7, 2014 11:35 PM
Apr 8, 2014 12:30 AM

Jan 2008
diamondketo said:
Can anyone explain the Sea God's story (more like Ojoshi-sama's story)?

After what happened with Miuna where she realized everything, I got pretty confused. More like I'm doubting with what I assume to be the truth.
So here is what I got. The Sea God knew Ojoshi wants to return to the surface but he knows if he did then she wouldn't be happy as well so he took his ability to love. However what Miuna figured out was that Ojoshi actually loved the Sea God, the sea, the surface, the Shishio people.
I am very sure about the last 3 since Miuna and Manaka was a representation for Ojoshi's feelings. But loving the Sea God I was not sure of. Also I realize that Hikari might be a representation of the Sea God too (Uroko-sama was a part of it but he's a direct reference).

edit: ahh nevermind I guess I was right after all lol Ojoshi did love him very much and that the Sea God only hurt her and him by taking her love away. The ending was that The Sea God finally realized his mistake and thus revealing his conscious as the sacred fire dragon no longer needing anymore sacrifices.

The Ojoshi sama was in love with the Sea God but he wasn't aware of that. He thought she was sad because she didn't want to be with him and wanted to return to her lover on the surface. However, the Sea God knew that the lover wasn't of this world anymore as he took his life after parting with the girl, so he took the Ojoshi sama's ability to love before returning her to the surface so she won't feel grief by the loss of her lover.
The thing is, the Sea God didn't know that the Ojoshi sama loved him and their children so much and they were more important to her than anything. It's true that she didn't want to forget her lover but she admitted that her new life with the Sea God and the children was more important to her.
It was a tragic tale and the Sea God finally realized his mistake.
Apr 8, 2014 4:35 AM

Jun 2011
Cant say i love the ending. But thats because im still shipping Chisaki X Hikari/Kaname.

I detest Tsumugu so much. Firstly he interfered with the relationship of Manaka and Hikari THEN interfered with Kaname and Chisaki. I marathon this through and till the near end of the series was still hoping Chisaki would end up with either of the two but it was pretty obvious from the 1st cour but i still hoped so. Imo it would be better if Tsumugu were to end up with Manaka.

The series would have been better if they showed the unrequited love Chisaki had of Hikari and finally have it reciprocated after Manaka got sacrificed to the sea god.

Well im just raging like a kid now but still wish that Kaname would have left Tsumugu to die back in the sea.

Nevertheless, even though i hated the pairing of my favourite character, (Yes its CHISAKI) the whole story, art and animation was just really lovely and beautiful to watch. The OP's and ED's were amazing. They were so beautiful and tranquil and its a pleasure to listen to.

Final score is 8/10. Could have been 10 if only Chisaki didnt end up with my most hated character of the series.
ArcanaTraceApr 8, 2014 4:39 AM
Apr 8, 2014 7:53 AM

Mar 2013
I enjoyed the series. The episode was ok.
Too bad for Miuna though, I was rooting for her. :(
Apr 8, 2014 9:04 AM
Jan 2014
if only they gave a tsumugu and chisaki kiss scene
why PA, why no kiss!!!!
Apr 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
Uh, it was a great show but the ending was very disappointing even though it was a sweet and good one :/ *sigh*
As many have already said, it's kinda annoying when the writer doesn't have the guts to finish the story properly

4/5 for episode and 8/10 for anime
Apr 8, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
The ending was kinda expected but not the way they did it. I didn't particularly like how they ended the season like that, but this is probably one of the best anime I have seen for this season.
Apr 8, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
lnklo said:
if only they gave a tsumugu and chisaki kiss scene
why PA, why no kiss!!!!

I totally agree with you there!!! Such cute couple~~
Apr 8, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet ending I must say, all came to a good end and it seems everyone was happy in the end which makes it all the more lovely!

I do have to say that marathoning this series was a bit of a hassle as I did longer over it to actually finish it but I must say I really enjoyed marathoning this anime and especially loved the ending!

All by all a great anime! 9/10
Apr 9, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
The first part of the series showed much more depth imo. This episode was alright but it did lack something. It was just too predictable. It looks like they were trying to please as many people as possible more than trying to achieve something.

I remember reading theories about Hikari being the one who would have to stay under the sea and even though it would've been pretty sad, it would've been much more original than what we got.

(they were cute but they took the easiest way to handle this and it's making me mad)
Apr 9, 2014 4:37 PM
Aug 2013
MIUNA I'M SORRY I HATED YOU, I'M REALLY SORRY!!!!! QAQ
She had one of the good character developments, now that it's finished, I can see it now.

0///0 Sea God is so handsome, Ojoshi-sama's clothes (yes I pay attention to clothing) looks REALLY GREAT!!!! I wish Uroko-sama would change into Sea God's clothes :D

Sayu that hairstyle didn't change anything at all, best you put it back you look plain.

The ending was so light hearted, really nice :)

I wonder what kinds of conflict they'd have to face next to stop the 'end' (was it?) of the land.

The series needs more male characters maybe next season?? I felt that Hikari was the only male there, the other guys were hardly doing anything.
Akira looks like he's going to upgrade to one of the main characters next season. Oooh I wonder if they'll use another timeskip
Maybe they're going to explore the other Sea Villages, oh right there's also Tsumugu's mom issue. (as you can see I'm quite looking forward to the next season)

I'm not sure if anyone noticed it but, Shioshishio looks like that island in Greece, was it called Mykonos??
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.