Forum Settings
Forums

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, PWG, ROH, NJPW...)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Swoope said:
Lesnar: "I don't respect you"
Reigns: "You will"

The worst possible outcome for WrestleMania would not be Reigns beating Lesnar, it would be Reigns beating Lesnar, and Lesnar showing some form of respect to Reigns, like a handshake or something. The thought of that is cringe-worthly.

I honestly thought that line was pretty cool, actually I liked how Reigns carried himself throughout. Calm, no nonsense Reigns is where it is at. That said, I don't think I'd like a handshake either.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2015 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
Kind of off topic: Why was there a big deal about Reigns being fed lines? Like duh, we know it's scripted. Why does it matter if he's talking from memory or just repeating lines?
Jan 28, 2015 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Now THIS is what I wanna see at Mania:
https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/560531865149636608

60 minute Iron Match?
Jan 28, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2007
Well I'm not the biggest Ziggler fan but it's better than Sheamus.
Jan 28, 2015 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
Ziggler deserves another world title shot this year. The question is when. I hope sometimes soon in the future...
Jan 28, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
Ziggler deserves another world title shot this year. The question is when. I hope sometimes soon in the future...

ziggler v seth rollins for title would be epic.
just hoping that ziggler doesn't go back to lower card.
Jan 28, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2007
Swoope said:
Now THIS is what I wanna see at Mania:
https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/560531865149636608

60 minute Iron Match?
As much as I want to get behind this, I don't want to see either of them turn heel.
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 29, 2015 2:53 AM

Aug 2013
Not mad,the elimination chamber lost its prestige long ago,just like hell in a cell.

There was a time were those kinda match were a big deal and that's thanks to the feuds and scripting.
Jan 29, 2015 6:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The_ClownPrince said:
Not mad,the elimination chamber lost its prestige long ago,just like hell in a cell.

There was a time were those kinda match were a big deal and that's thanks to the feuds and scripting.

At least the Steel Cage stipulation wasn't turned into a gimmick along with the Punjabi Cage match.

I remember when the Hell in a Cell used to be a stipulation to end a feud. Me favorite in recent years being Triple H vs Batista, back in 2005.

The EC match wasn't all that impressive. It would have been better if it was used less often and not as a PPV gimmick. Imagine if RAW held an EC match. Perhaps the roster wasn't as good as today which is why the matches weren't as interesting.

- Dean Ambrose
- Dolph Ziggler
- Bray Wyatt
- Rusev
- Seth Rollins
- Danial Bryan

That would be an amazing EC match.

Jan 29, 2015 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
The were too many great hell in a cell matches before 2009,it was only after 5 years that they put a very good hell in a cell match. Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins,a match that ended a rivarly that was building for months,both guys put out a great performance,the only bad thing was the ending.

As for the chamber,maybe the roster is not good enough or maybe they don't #believe_that those guys can do it either,it had its moments and it was fun as hell.
Jan 29, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
I thought the Undertaker vs. Triple H with HBK was quite good, mostly for the story telling though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 29, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
I heard rumors that Randy Orton might show up on Thursday tonight. We'll see what happens.
Jan 29, 2015 2:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
I heard rumors that Randy Orton might show up on Thursday tonight. We'll see what happens.

Well...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/547207-randy-orton-no-longer-scheduled-for-smackdown-is-brock-lesnar-already-negotiating-a-mma-return

Jan 29, 2015 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
WWE is teasing the Dolph vs Bryan match even more now as they wrote posts about it on Facebook and posted on their official website. I'll get so angry if they relinquish this potentially match of the year for a crappy Bryan vs Sheamus match.
Jan 29, 2015 3:26 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LunaticFringe said:
WWE is teasing the Dolph vs Bryan match even more now as they wrote posts about it on Facebook and posted on their official website. I'll get so angry if they relinquish this potentially match of the year for a crappy Bryan vs Sheamus match.

Even worse if they waste that match on Fast Lane. If that match is going to happen then it has to be at WM. Although I feel like Bryan will be sinking even more down into the lower midcard. I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan goes on to face Sheamus at WM and ends up facing The Miz or even Adam Rose towards the end of the year.

Jan 29, 2015 3:26 PM

Nov 2011
LunaticFringe said:

Does it also mean that Dolph Ziggler may turn heel?

SweetKotomi said:
Stark700 said:

Well...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/547207-randy-orton-no-longer-scheduled-for-smackdown-is-brock-lesnar-already-negotiating-a-mma-return

Aww :(
Jan 29, 2015 4:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
LunaticFringe said:

SweetKotomi said:

Well...

Aww :(

For some reason, I have a feeling Orton will be kept away from the ring until after Fast Lane. Have him recover and return in time for the weeks leading up to WM.

Jan 29, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2009
Stark700 said:
LunaticFringe said:

Not necessarily. WWE is perfectly fine with face vs. face matches, because the fans will have someone to cheer for regardless. It's heel vs. heel matches they have a problem with - the casual fan has no one to cheer for, thus no reason to care about the outcome of the match. It's all about the reaction!
Jan 29, 2015 7:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was a pretty boring RAW. Only interesting segment was Triple H saying he's going to address the controversial Royal Rumble outcome on RAW.

Jan 29, 2015 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
SweetKotomi said:
That was a pretty boring RAW. Only interesting segment was Triple H saying he's going to address the controversial Royal Rumble outcome on RAW.
Curtis Axel vs. Roman Reigns!
Jan 29, 2015 7:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ReaperEXE said:
SweetKotomi said:
Curtis Axel vs. Roman Reigns!

As soon as the bell rings Reigns goes for the Spear and wins in 8 seconds.

Jan 29, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
Jan 29, 2015 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Swoope said:
> Rusev wins via DQ at Fast Lane
> Cena cuts promos on Lana's legs
> Cena gets attacked backstage, from behind every week
> Cena overcomes the odds and wins at Wrestlemania.

RIP Rusev's career.
Jan 29, 2015 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
That better be the last time Daniel Bryan fights Kane in a "big match". They need to find DB a suitable rival. It doesn't have to be the a main event but someone other than Kane.

And yeah, regarding Rusev...I can see it coming sadly. Unless by some chance, Rusev survives.
Jan 29, 2015 11:40 PM
Mar 2014
The boos were noticeable on SmackDown for Reigns. Even in a less hostile crowd. I wonder if Reigns can carry the heat come-WrestleMania and endure the unwanted backlash.
Jan 30, 2015 5:29 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
UndeadKrypt said:
The boos were noticeable on SmackDown for Reigns. Even in a less hostile crowd. I wonder if Reigns can carry the heat come-WrestleMania and endure the unwanted backlash.

yea, each time he picked up momentum the crowd bood him.

Jan 30, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
turn him heel
turn him heel
turn him heel
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Jan 30, 2015 9:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
papsoshea said:
SweetKotomi said:

yea, each time he picked up momentum the crowd bood him.
There we actually moments where he was cheered and when he got the pin, he did get a moderate cheer. Unfortunately, i truly believe....he is going to get probably one of the worst backlash in history at Wrestlemania as a baby face.

Vince could care less what the people think. As long they bring money then it's all good. Money talks

If the fans want change then don't go to the events.

Poor Reigns, he's being hated for the poor booking from WWE Creative.

Jan 30, 2015 10:27 AM

Sep 2007
The only way to save a Lesnar-Reigns main event at WM is either Lesnar completely destroys Reigns or a Rollins cash in, or both.
Jan 30, 2015 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
I honestly thought his match with Big Show was okay, though. That's something.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 30, 2015 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
Wasabi said:
The only way to save a Lesnar-Reigns main event at WM is either Lesnar completely destroys Reigns or a Rollins cash in, or both.
Rollins will probably cash in either way. I expect it'll either be if Reigns beats Lesnar (which should not happen) and they have Rollins win it or they'll have Lesnar retain against Reigns and then have Rollins cash in and Lesnar STILL retain, which is what I would want to see. If they want people to continue believing in The Beast, they need to make him a beast.

I swear if they have Rollins cash in before WM, I will call the CDC on WWE, because clearly they'd have to be diseased to do something so utterly stupid.
Jan 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder who Rollins will face at Fast Lane. Right now, I don't have any names in mind.

Oh and I noticed that the U.S. Title will be on the line. I think this is the first time Cena fought for the title since...uh, 2004. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Jan 30, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
To anyone at all interested in interactive fiction: Slammed! is a great pro wrestling chose your own adventure game. It has been available for mobile platforms for a while and recently it's also got on steam. I highly recommend it.

eta: steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/343370
online demo / purchase for mobile platforms: https://www.choiceofgames.com/slammed/
EarwenJan 30, 2015 5:46 PM
Jan 30, 2015 8:20 PM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:
I wonder who Rollins will face at Fast Lane. Right now, I don't have any names in mind.

Oh and I noticed that the U.S. Title will be on the line. I think this is the first time Cena fought for the title since...uh, 2004. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

The last time Cena defended the US title was on an episode of Smackdown on 2005 prior to WM21 and he lost it to Orlando Jordan who was JBL's cabinet that time

EDIT: You right though, the last time he won it was on late 2004 when he beat Carlito lol
PrasdanaJan 30, 2015 8:26 PM
Jan 31, 2015 4:03 AM

Aug 2013
earnshaw30 said:
turn him heel
turn him heel
turn him heel
It's not a good idea to turn him heel,a maint event between two heels is not going to work imo.
Jan 31, 2015 6:39 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The_ClownPrince said:
earnshaw30 said:
turn him heel
turn him heel
turn him heel
It's not a good idea to turn him heel,a maint event between two heels is not going to work imo.

Why not make Lesnar a true beast. The Rock returns on the go home RAW before WM, tries to convince the crowd Reigns is the next face of the WWE. Then Lesnar returns and runs toward The Rock. He grabs a mic and tells Rocky he's going to destroy Reigns, just like he did to Cena at Summerslam. Then Reigns comes but is attacked by Rusev who prevents Reigns from saving The Rock. Lesnar destroys The Rock after Lesnar low blows Rocky. The crowd cheers Lesnar afterward as he lays down a broken Rock.

It would certainly add more meaning to the match than just the title.

Jan 31, 2015 7:24 AM

Apr 2009
SweetKotomi said:
The_ClownPrince said:

Why not make Lesnar a true beast. The Rock returns on the go home RAW before WM, tries to convince the crowd Reigns is the next face of the WWE. Then Lesnar returns and runs toward The Rock. He grabs a mic and tells Rocky he's going to destroy Reigns, just like he did to Cena at Summerslam. Then Reigns comes but is attacked by Rusev who prevents Reigns from saving The Rock. Lesnar destroys The Rock after Lesnar low blows Rocky. The crowd cheers Lesnar afterward as he lays down a broken Rock.

It would certainly add more meaning to the match than just the title.

You had me up until, "He grabs a mic". You need Heyman's wit with the mic for someone like The Rock. What would be even better, and much simpler, would be to have Lesnar completely lay out both The Rock and Reigns during his run in. That would be the mark of a true beast. Lesnar shouldn't have to low blow anyone either, and I can't recall him doing so in recent memory. Better yet, have Heyman low blow The Rock from behind (though story-wise, it would make little sense for him to do that).

Besides, by this point WWE will have forgotten about any heat they created between The Rock and Rusev - just because it's convenient for them.

Up until the point I mentioned, that would be a good way to build heat for Reigns. Unless the WWE does some major swerve, the fans will cheer Lesnar regardless (the concept of heel and face is so dated, it's all about who the fans want to cheer for).
Jan 31, 2015 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Late but Lmao, that Royal Rumble rage was more entertaining than the Rumble itself xD.

I can't remember the last time that internet blew up like this, maybe it was with Punk at 2011.
Jan 31, 2015 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
papsoshea said:
SweetKotomi said:
Why not make Lesnar a true beast.
Defeating the streak wasn't good enough? Royal rumble triple threat match for the title not good enough for Lesnar? He is already a true beast, he's passed that lol imo there is no way in hell that WWE can make Lesnar losing at WM look credible. Lesnar needs to be screwed and then Rollins cashes in.
Agreed,broke the streak,squashed Cena at SS and walked out RR on his two feet after the beating he took.How can you top that? lol

Mod edit:
Quote of deleted post removed.
AversaJan 31, 2015 4:42 PM
Jan 31, 2015 10:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
papsoshea said:
SweetKotomi said:
Why not make Lesnar a true beast.
Defeating the streak wasn't good enough? Royal rumble triple threat match for the title not good enough for Lesnar? He is already a true beast, he's passed that lol imo there is no way in hell that WWE can make Lesnar losing at WM look credible. Lesnar needs to be screwed and then Rollins cashes in.

I guess I worded that wrong. Why not make the WM match more intense by having Lesnar attack the Rock. Make the match personal, story wise.

One week he attacks The Usos, then on the go home RAW he attacks The Rock.

Jan 31, 2015 3:48 PM
Mar 2014
So, they seem really intent on keeping Reigns on track. If it stays to where it is now, Bryan vs. Ziggler might be necessary to keep Mania on a high note.
Feb 1, 2015 9:29 AM

Oct 2014
Punk should fight Anderson Silva(basing on his performance vs Diaz who was fucking around the whole time, though I lold how he was trolling ).

Feb 1, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2014
papsoshea said:
LordPerucho said:
Punk should fight Anderson Silva(basing on his performance vs Diaz who was fucking around the whole time, though I lold how he was trolling ).
Punk needs to fight a bum. He'd get destroyed by a decent UFC fighter. CM Punk has two left feet.

People are coming to such conclusions only because of Punk's appearance. Give the guy a fucking break. He's going to draw money regardless of the result of his first fight so it can only be a win for the company.
Feb 1, 2015 12:17 PM
Feb 1, 2015 3:19 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Feb 1, 2015 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
The_ClownPrince said:
earnshaw30 said:
turn him heel
turn him heel
turn him heel

Turn lesnar face then hell they almost did it the other week on raw at the minute the way its looking we're gonna have another goldberg v lesnar crowd at mania especially if it ends up being Lesnars last macth
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Feb 2, 2015 12:42 AM

Nov 2011
Less than 24h till Triple H's "big announcement". I wonder what it is....
Feb 2, 2015 9:03 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
Less than 24h till Triple H's "big announcement". I wonder what it is....

Roman Reigns vs Curtis Axel
If Reigns loses then Axel takes his spot in the main event, but if Reigns wins then he keeps his spot.

or
There might be a mini battle Rumble to determine who joins Reigns at the main event.

- Dean Ambrose
- Dolph Ziggler
- Bray Wyatt
- Kane
- Big Show
- Luke Harper
- Curtis Axel
- Danial Bryan
- Rusev
- Eric Rowan
- Cesaro
- Wade Barret

Feb 2, 2015 10:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So this happened after Smackdown.

Feb 2, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
I dunno about you guys but I MISS ECW!!!!
ECW!! ECW!! ECW!!! ECW!!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.