Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 31, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Well, judging from how they resolved the time travel paradox issue with Hina relatively quickly, they'll probably be moving onto something better -- in fact we already know what it is: Bizon's return as Zogilia's highest authority. To be honest I'm just relieved by the fact that Hina didn't return to the same same timeline and was able to end up with Dio and Aoba.

Overall this season has been pretty good. I must say this series kind of feels like Valvrave. Both series are made up of absolute nonsense from time to time and thus seem like joke series, but they wrap up nicely at the end and actually come off as serious pieces of work. And hey, the bro love is carried over in this series too! Of course, Valvrave went all over the place. At least with Buddy Complex we more or less have a framework of what's going on and I rather liked the relationship between Aoba and Dio and Aoba and Hina. The soundtrack is superb. The art is also pretty clean as far as I can tell. I almost wish that we will end up with a more fitting villain than Bizon, but I guess it makes sense given that he's the only plausible main antagonist at this point. Here's looking forward to season two.
Mar 31, 2014 10:31 AM
Nov 2009
So it's a multiverse theory then.

1. where Hina is alive in the past, Aoba in the future and Bizon is dead. (Hina continues the cycle of saving Aoba.)

2. where Hina and Aoba stayed in the future while Bizon gets set back alive to the past. (Hina's time loop is stopped.)

There are still so many inconsistencies though, like how could the masked Bizon exist if the Zogilian empire wasn't even there to begin with and was the catalyst to send him back in time?

I'm definitely watching season 2 if it ever comes out and hope to get more answers.

8/10
Mar 31, 2014 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty forgettable series. Felt like each episode I watched was more or less the same as the last. Very bland MC, at least for my tastes.

Perhaps a second season can turn things around. Will see.
Mar 31, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2012
OMG OMG OMG the time travel conclusion is just too awesome! They broke the time loop!

Fantastic! I'm glad I held on to this show.

Shall continue to wait for Season 2, time travel will still remain important to this show, given how this might be the curse of the Nectoribilium.
Mar 31, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2008
Well this was pretty meh. I did however want to watch mecha anime so this did the job. Too many stupidities in it for me to rate it high. Not to mention I hated Hina with passion and whole military command chain seemed retarded, on both sides.

4/10

If 2nd season comes I will probably watch it, simply because I am a sucker for sci-fi based things.
Mar 31, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2010
wow i relly loved this "final" episode especially since the conclusion actually made alot of sense (well ..way more sense than in similar timetravel paradox anime).

i didnt like this show that much initially but it has grown on me and i enjoyed the second half of it much more. i was torn on the rating but the final episode managed to finish this season with a good and fitting ending which i value highly!

8/10 especially since i enjoy mecha anime with actually good looking mechs.

season 2 yay!
Mar 31, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2012
Plot hole spotted.
If Dio didn't stop Aoba and they destroyed Bizon's Mecha that'll mean that Aoba SHOULD have lived a normal life in his time period w/o ever going into the future! At the same this means that Hina would've stayed as a random Zogilia soldier would she not?
Mar 31, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
_Tako_ said:
Plot hole spotted.
If Dio didn't stop Aoba and they destroyed Bizon's Mecha that'll mean that Aoba SHOULD have lived a normal life in his time period w/o ever going into the future! At the same this means that Hina would've stayed as a random Zogilia soldier would she not?

Multiple timelines yo
Mar 31, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
lol @ Bizon creating Zogillia just to kill Aoba? xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 31, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2013
So much hate for Bizon, I mean the guy was just in love and he was like legibly in love he was pretty much the love interest for Hina till Aoba showed up, but then the confusing time thing makes it hard to recognize who was there first. In any case, this show has so much NTR, because technically Bizon was a good guy who got turned into a bad guy from all the crap that's happened to him he's not the one that forced Hina into the cockpit that doctor did, he did force a kiss though, but if she never met Aoba she prolly enjoy it and his blindly love for Hina turned him into a monstet. Which isn't that different from Aoba's love for Hina. if I could make the argument Hina is the real antagonist in the series, look at all the carp she puts people through lol(jk)Love is blind, here I don't hate Bizon though I feel extremely sorry for him. I dunno who second season Bizon is, but he was my favorite char from season 1, I don't care much about Aoba, I do like Dio though, hope they give him more char development.
mangostickyriceMar 31, 2014 11:13 AM
Mar 31, 2014 11:22 AM
Mar 2014
April Fool's Day story by official site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0M7EB1TpJk

It was very interesting.
Mar 31, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
Wasn't aoba supposed to dissapear if hina didn't go in the time portal? If she didn't get there to get him in the past then how did aoba get to the future?!
fuck you buddy complex 6/10
Mar 31, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
Aoba saved Hina from the time loop T___T

Bizon survived. Created Zogilla just to get revenge on Aoba : O. Current Bizon is gone right?

Can't wait for Season 2
Mar 31, 2014 12:00 PM
Feb 2009
mother fucking Bizon still alive hopefully he get sht on more in the 2nd season
Mar 31, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2011
Bizon is such a possessive jerk. He rages too much. That guy at the end seems to be Bizon, still obsessing over killing Aoba -sigh-
And Dio is such a Tsundere~
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Mar 31, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
Wow that was surprising. Did not expect Hina to be in an infinite time loop, poor girl. (Imagine how many puberty she had to go through. sorry had to say this XD)

New mechs look awesome again. God damn Bizon shut up and die. I was really laughing out loud when he was raging and shouting "CONNECT WITH HINA!!!!!"

I love this series so much and im glad at least from the comments lots of people do too. It has a good storyline not the best but good. Great OP by Miho and fabulous ED by Choucho. Kinda expect it to not get resolve but damn its the 2nd show i watched this season that waited till the final moments to announce a season 2 like Hamatora. Felt like i got trolled. 9/10

DarkRyuusei said:
Wasn't aoba supposed to dissapear if hina didn't go in the time portal? If she didn't get there to get him in the past then how did aoba get to the future?!

Pretty sure the series's universe is working on the Multiverse concept
ArcanaTraceMar 31, 2014 12:14 PM
Mar 31, 2014 12:16 PM

May 2010
tomotomo said:

It was very interesting.

lmao what the fuck xD pretty cool tho.
Mar 31, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Wtf? I thought Aoba shot Bizon out of his mech? Well, it seems he did travel to the past, and stayed there becoming a prune until the present future where he's a carbon copy of Darth Vader+Professor X, but less cool.

Still didn't explain how they got into that time-paradox cycle in the first place. and now that the cycle has been broken, how the f*** did Aoba get to the future, if he himself stopped Hina from going into the past to send him in the future!? Then there's the damn hairpin's origin that's been bugging me since they showed it.

Who was the yellow-eyed, black-haired dude from the endcard? Looks strangely similar to Aoba.

This crappy end was obviously leading into a second season, but if by chance it gets canned, my score for this first season is going to drop.

Edit: Forgot to mention; now that Hina isn't going back into the past (which makes me wonder which timeline she came from), she wouldn't be wearing that over-sized school uniform while young again and being found in that rubble by her adopted father, and thus not become a Zogilia solder, which means she wouldn't have even met Aoba!

F*** your multiverse. Steins;Gate did it better.
Estoy_GordoMar 31, 2014 12:35 PM
Mar 31, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
tomotomo said:
It was very interesting.
That is very funny indeed!

Here are some tidbits from the anime showing how tight the writing is:

- Normally, two enemy pilots cannot communicate because both sides use enscripted communication. The reason Aoba can call Hina in ep13 is that stolen Luxon's cockpit was installed in her mech because Dr. Hahn hadn't been able to build a good coupling cockpit matching Elvira's creation yet as stated previously. That stolen cockpit still has Elvira's special coupling communication program so Aoba uses it to call Hina just as Dio did in ep8. Bizon doesn't know about it and he was very confused as the result.

- Hina heard about Dio the first time in ep8. There, Aoba repeated her line: "Dio is waiting for you" verbatim. That's why Hina knows about the importance of Dio and says that to Aoba in previous time loops.

- Portable Nectar canon (one that can be carried on mech instead of battleships) is first debuted by Alfred in ep3 and the Alliance was believed to have nothing like it. That's why the reveal of Aoba and Dio's new coupling mech with portable Nectar canons comes as a surprise for everyone. Better yet, those canons are the ones that destroy Bizon's mech, but beam attack is precise enough not to kill him so he can recover as the leader of Zogilia!

- Gorgon canon's energy output is equivalent to 50 Megaton of TNTs. This is a homage to human's most powerful bomb ever created, the thermonuclear Tsar Bomba, measured power at 50 Megaton of TNTs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMYYEsKvHvk. That much power pluses the Quantum anomaly used by Coupling tech as well as Aoba and Hina's 120% Emphater level does make wormhole creation sound very plausible. Buddy Complex plays with Sci-fi elements pretty well.

DarkRyuusei said:

It does not look like time paradox but rather multiverse and I have talked about this theory earlier in the thread.
ThangLongMar 31, 2014 2:32 PM
Mar 31, 2014 12:23 PM
Oct 2013
9/10

Will surely watch 2nd season of it..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Mar 31, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2011
This show for me has been really weak up until this episode, their time traveling and multiple timelines has gotten me really interested now. The key differences of the timeline that Aoba and Dio saves Hina and blasts Bizon is that in this timeline Bizon traveled back and founded Zogilia. My only question is, why is Aoba still in the "future" if Hina was never sent back to send him there, unless multiple-timelines converging is in play.
Mar 31, 2014 12:26 PM
Feb 2013
On to the next season, btw no doubt, that Bizon becomes the leader of Zogilia, in fact I'm thinking that he founded Zogilia when he got into that time wrap.
Mar 31, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
_Tako_ said:
Plot hole spotted.

Aww, the words that burns my soul.
Mar 31, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, and in case no one realized yet, the majority of the plot was revealed in ep1. Hina called her mech CVP-014A, which is in short for Coupling Valiancer Prototype-014A
Mar 31, 2014 12:40 PM
Apr 2013
They explained the time travelling better then I thought they would so i give them credit for that. The anime was pretty meh but he final few episodes were really good. I personally liked the art and animation. I really think they underused the blonde general and her one fight scene was crap. I just felt that the villains were far more interesting and compelling and I almost root for them. I am fine with that and it doesn't effect my score but I doubt that was the intention of the anime.
Mar 31, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Bizon goes bye bye and then he comes back... Lovely. Looks like a second season is coming, not that I enjoyed the first season much but I'll still watch.
Mar 31, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2008
See! SEE! See where his batshit-ness took him!?
I think the one we really should blame is that creep Hahn.

We get rid of one paradox-loop, and we face an interesting consequence. Ready for S2!

Did the Gorgon blew up or did I miss something? The fight was difficult to follow completely and it's not even CGI. SO flashy.
Mar 31, 2014 1:46 PM
Mar 2012
Seriously, what a shame. I didn't like the moment when Bizon died. I loved whenever he shout "HIIINAAAAA!!!"

That's hilarious.
Mar 31, 2014 2:14 PM
Mar 2014
What i need to know, is how the time loop started, can someone explain this to me?
Mar 31, 2014 2:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Thank you ThangLong for your insights, makes me appreciate this show more, at least in terms of the the time travel bits.

I enjoyed few episodes here and there, the battle scenes were cool, I like the coupling system. Aoba is a nice guy, but I don't find him very interesting. I perferred Dio and Hina, and Fromm seems like a funner character too. This last episode though was pretty enjoyable, except for too much screaming from Bizon :/ that guy went nuts.
Mar 31, 2014 2:16 PM
Mar 2014
To be continued ..
Ready for S2
Mar 31, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
LOL

I laughed my ass off when they called the new-types

Luxon Next and Bradyon Next!

Woah :o

Hina and Aoba are freaking crazy xD

I hope the 2nd season will have more plot development though.
duderusMar 31, 2014 2:41 PM

Mar 31, 2014 2:29 PM
Nov 2013
I'm glad that non of the crewmembers of the Cygnus got killed.

I'm confuse now. If Aoba stopped Hina from going to the past, then the past Aoba would never have a reason or a way to go to the future and there would never be a Aoba around in the future who triggered all the events that happened up to episode 13. But yet Aoba is still around after stopping Hina. I hope this will be explained in season 2. hm..... screw that time paradox. I'm excited that the story continues!!!!!!

Buddy Complex is a cooooolllll anime. I almost love every moment of it. especially when the Bradyon and Luxon exceeded the coupling duration whilst destroying all the missiles in episode 9 with that awesome soundtrack and all the simular events. Really made me jumped out of my bed.

Season two here I come.
LauPi314Mar 31, 2014 2:33 PM
Mar 31, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
I couldn't help but laugh when Bizon kept yelling "Connect with Hina" while having spasms in his cockpit.

Now we wait for season 2.
Mar 31, 2014 2:46 PM
Jan 2014
So all 12 episodes before was to build up this episode to make sure that we actually understand how this time paradox occurred. It might be too much time spent on a build up but I think it's necessary to really lay everything down on the board. So here's hoping the next season will be badass now that the looping have stopped.
Mar 31, 2014 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
This wasn't bad at all. It was very expected of them to end Hina's endless loop by having Aoba stop her, but anyways, definitely gonna watch the 2nd season and see how Bizon returned
Mar 31, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2010
Doesnt deserve a season 2.

4/10 for the series.

If this gets a season 2 and not Gundam Builder Fighter i will be mad.
Mar 31, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
i cant believe this series is getting a s2. how fucking shitty. i enjoyed the anime (near the mid/end) but i dont think it deserves a s2. it was extremely mediocre. i wouldve been happy with where they left it. bizon dead, hina is now with aoba/crew. metatashi metatashi. BUT NOOOO... REVENGE OF THE SITH.

oh well. you can only find a new country for the sole purpose of killing someone when you're fucking insane.

6/10 overall.
Mar 31, 2014 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
this was a pretty strong midpoint episode. Action was good and we got some nice set up for season 2. Bizon twist at the end made me laugh but also got me excited. as for the series as a whole its really really average and it didnt do much well or much wrong leaving me feeling no real strong feelings one way or another with it. its a spot on 5/10

Though something is really bothering me, if hina went back in time to go get aoba because she met him in the current time, then why and how the fuck did she go back and save him in the first place if him going to the future is the only possible way they met, im afraid they may have just written themselves into a hole, ill wait till the end of season 2 to see if this is ever addressed but if not this is a drastic flaw

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 31, 2014 3:19 PM
Jan 2014
redd530 said:
Who's the guy with the black hair at the end card?

since that guy has black hair like Hina and spiky hair like Aoba, he might be their son.

At least that's what I'm hoping. :D

Agreed, b/c we never know whether hina and aoba at some point in the future will go back to the past and start a family or it could be a distant descendent that one of his relatives makes.

Everyone screaming plot hole, let me tell you this, we are dealing with time travel it doesn't have to make perfect sense.
Mar 31, 2014 3:30 PM
Nov 2013
ThangLong said:
Here are my theories about Buddy Complex:

The time travel in this anime does not rely on the time paradox like we had previously thought (based on assuming that Hina disappeared when travelling to the future because there would not be two Hina in a paradox). Instead, it is based on the multi-universe theory where they have jumped to another universe by the act of time traveling. Thus, both Hina and Aoba's actions here have no bearing on the previous universe and they cannot disappear because Hina didn't travel to the past (with the time paradox theory, not traveling to the past means the current Aoba will disappear because there's no Hina to bring him to the future).

According to the deceased Doctor, the Coupling tech closely resemble small time leaps. That explains why the mech can move with such speed and sometimes "jump" ahead of time. The anime loosely unitizes Quantum Mechanic to build up this phenomenon (Quantum particles cannot be observed and people have theorized that maybe they jump back and forth in another dimension to travel between multiple universes). Coupling tech has given the mech this ability and thus Aoba can see ahead of time or his mech can make small "leaps" ahead that create its incredible speed.

############

Based on the OP's lyrics and symbolism, the theme of this anime is changing fate. It was implied that Hina's fate is the same in multiple loops where she followed Bizon into the wormhole (Hina was sent to the past earlier than Bizon and she helped Aoba not getting killed from his inevitable arrival). However, what has changed this time around?

First, both Hina and Aoba were sent to the future. Hina was sent to Zagreb 10 years earlier and her body was devolved into a young kid while still wearing her oversized school uniform. She only remembered her name was Hina and was picked up by her adoptive dad. Aoba was sent to Luxon's cockpit as we see in ep2.

Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.

However, by destroying Bizon's mech, there's another consequence. It's uncleared whether doing that have changed their reality at the time by making masked Bizon the leader of Zogilia, or masked Bizon has always been around in the first place. Nevertheless, we can deduce that without his mech, Bizon cannot find Aoba in the past to kill him. Instead, Bizon is somehow able to go to the early Zogilia and work his way up to become the leader of that country!

Hence, the war may have started because Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba have transcended space and time.

I like your explanation. You might be right. We'll just have to wait for season two for the answers.
Mar 31, 2014 3:44 PM
Mar 2014
I found 1 single thing that everyone seems to be missing....IF hina was not born but rather reverted to her child form and appeared in that ruined city.....
how did hina come into existence in the first place...I mean who were her parents how was she born and if this cant be explained the WHOLE events of the whole series of buddy complex is completely invalid <_> im so confused
Mar 31, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2013
First of all I really enjoyed this episode and the whole series. Your theories are awesome but I have some questions. Especially to @ThangLong as it seems you understand japanese?

I really like your theories.
1. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past.
=> Where exactly is this stated?
2. 1st Episode right after the OP. There is a broadcast in the TV about Zogilia and the found of Nectobirium (or whatever it is called) and they stated that it could change the world. There it seems like Zogilia is not bad after all. So maybe Zogilia is led by someone else back then?
3. The thing I am asking me the most is also from episode 1. Right before they enter this time tunnel. Hina says something like she understands now. But right before this she calls the Time Tunnel "The Singularity" - in the sub, I don't know what she really says but as far as I can remember she says something different -- Time Tunnel? -- the other times this thing is mentioned.

And this 3rd question brings me to another theory. What if the cycle is still going on and all this is "planned"? Maybe in the near future they will give these Time Tunnels the name "Singularity" and some other events - with Bizon already as Zogilias lead - happen and another wormhole opens. This time the WHOLE cycle would repeat and Hina goes to the past.

Something like that. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Anime for me 9/10.. I just loved it :D
Mar 31, 2014 3:55 PM

Sep 2011
huanwu26 said:

Everyone screaming plot hole, let me tell you this, we are dealing with time travel it doesn't have to make perfect sense.
yeah it doesnt, but this is an extremely basic detail they may be messing up bigtime that makes the entire series impossible

also multiple timelines are impossible since bizon going back in time affected the present

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 31, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
This is easily the best episode. Now it's time for season 2.
Mar 31, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2008
JizzyHitler said:
huanwu26 said:

yeah it doesnt, but this is an extremely basic detail they may be messing up bigtime that makes the entire series impossible

also multiple timelines are impossible since bizon going back in time affected the present

And if he went into another universe, like many point out as an excuse, than he shouldn't exist anymore in this one. Show hinted quite the contrary.
Mar 31, 2014 4:47 PM
Mar 2014
So, anyone knows when S02E01 comes out?

I don't usually get hyped over mecha anime but DAMN this one has time travel but doesn't abuse it either (one of the many reasons i didn't continue Steins;Gate was because i heard it was gonna have too many plot lines and little action).
Anyways, i gotta say, i was expecting the time loop to repeat itself because i didn't realize that was Aoba's vision of the thingy, but i expected evel less that Dio would be the one to change anything and call shotgun on that fuck head XD (I think i'm too hyped to write properly right now! XD)
Mar 31, 2014 4:50 PM
Jan 2013
Sonny_FIRESTORM said:
So, anyone knows when S02E01 comes out?

I don't usually get hyped over mecha anime but DAMN this one has time travel but doesn't abuse it either (one of the many reasons i didn't continue Steins;Gate was because i heard it was gonna have too many plot lines and little action).
Anyways, i gotta say, i was expecting the time loop to repeat itself because i didn't realize that was Aoba's vision of the thingy, but i expected evel less that Dio would be the one to change anything and call shotgun on that fuck head XD (I think i'm too hyped to write properly right now! XD)

Some source said before S2 was confirmed that there will be a second season in summer. Split Cour than. But actually it is not known if the show continues Summer or fall. I don´t think that they wait any longer.
Mar 31, 2014 4:54 PM
Mar 2014
ahlau92 said:
ThangLong said:
Here are my theories about Buddy Complex:

The time travel in this anime does not rely on the time paradox like we had previously thought (based on assuming that Hina disappeared when travelling to the future because there would not be two Hina in a paradox). Instead, it is based on the multi-universe theory where they have jumped to another universe by the act of time traveling. Thus, both Hina and Aoba's actions here have no bearing on the previous universe and they cannot disappear because Hina didn't travel to the past (with the time paradox theory, not traveling to the past means the current Aoba will disappear because there's no Hina to bring him to the future).

According to the deceased Doctor, the Coupling tech closely resemble small time leaps. That explains why the mech can move with such speed and sometimes "jump" ahead of time. The anime loosely unitizes Quantum Mechanic to build up this phenomenon (Quantum particles cannot be observed and people have theorized that maybe they jump back and forth in another dimension to travel between multiple universes). Coupling tech has given the mech this ability and thus Aoba can see ahead of time or his mech can make small "leaps" ahead that create its incredible speed.

############

Based on the OP's lyrics and symbolism, the theme of this anime is changing fate. It was implied that Hina's fate is the same in multiple loops where she followed Bizon into the wormhole (Hina was sent to the past earlier than Bizon and she helped Aoba not getting killed from his inevitable arrival). However, what has changed this time around?

First, both Hina and Aoba were sent to the future. Hina was sent to Zagreb 10 years earlier and her body was devolved into a young kid while still wearing her oversized school uniform. She only remembered her name was Hina and was picked up by her adoptive dad. Aoba was sent to Luxon's cockpit as we see in ep2.

Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.

However, by destroying Bizon's mech, there's another consequence. It's uncleared whether doing that have changed their reality at the time by making masked Bizon the leader of Zogilia, or masked Bizon has always been around in the first place. Nevertheless, we can deduce that without his mech, Bizon cannot find Aoba in the past to kill him. Instead, Bizon is somehow able to go to the early Zogilia and work his way up to become the leader of that country!

Hence, the war may have started because Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba have transcended space and time.

I like your explanation. You might be right. We'll just have to wait for season two for the answers.

There's another detail everyone seems to be missing:
Remember when Aoba reapeared in the Cockpit and that Lt asked who he was? He anwsered and she saw his ID as a Scientist on their side, so that means bizon wasn't the only one who got a double from multiple timelines, Aoba too was there, possibly...
Mar 31, 2014 5:24 PM

Jun 2012
So they were actually able to explain the whole time travel aspect in this episode and it didn't feel rushed too; that's awesome. And I was wondering what would happen to Bizon now that he fell back in time without a valiancer; since everyone saluted him at the end I'm going to assume that he created the zogilia we see today and he's there leader. I wonder if he put himself under Alfried to protect himself.

But now we have time paradoxes everywhere. What happened first? Hina and Bizon going back in time or only Bizon going back in time? If it was the former who created zogilia because Bizon died and if it was the latter why was Aoba in the future because at that point Aoba should have either been an old man or dead not piloting a cockpit.

Also I just rewatched the first episode and Hina called the wormhole the watchmaker's ... so is that hina from a different timeline as well?

Either way I'm looking forward to season 2 and the answers it will hold.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

91 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.