3It was OK
7.9%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.5
228 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About damn time Hina snapped out of that. Bizon or whatever his name is still pisses me off with his rage against Aoba.

Well, at least it was climatic but felt a bit predictable imo. Hina though <3
And holy shit, a wormhole. HINNAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. But seriously, it's about time Bizon gets some pain. I can't stand the guy. What's with the ending? Darth Vader vibes
Mar 30, 2014 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
Bizon is alive but I guess he is the Bizon from a different time loop. He now looks like the leader of Zogillia. Season 2's prospect has just increased tenfold.
Mar 30, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2011
To be continued at the end! Get ready for season 2 guys~
Mar 30, 2014 8:50 AM

May 2009
Fucking godly episode and THIS http://folderman.aki.gs/s/fa9854.gif
Mar 30, 2014 9:02 AM
Jan 2014
I knew sunrise was trolling us by making us think it was going to end this soon.
Mar 30, 2014 9:08 AM
May 2010
F*** you Bizon... you are lucky I like your seiyuu but please suffer more.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinaaaaa~~

can't wait for s2.
Mar 30, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2007
War continues. Coupling vs. Coupling. The shot is undone with the main guy calling her. To save her, the main guy is coupling her. Hina's memory unlocked, which she time traveled many times. To stop it, they didn't go back time.

That guy's hatred keeps going even if he's on the wheelchair (continues?).
tsubasaloverMar 30, 2014 9:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 30, 2014 9:10 AM
Jan 2014
After looking back on we all should go on we like aoba camp and start hating on bizon lmao
Mar 30, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
I can't believe that Bizon still alive after that attack and his new look is f**king creepy!!!

Sunrise, season 2 please
Sorry for my poor english
Mar 30, 2014 10:13 AM
Jul 2011
To be continued!

YES!
Mar 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Feb 2010
Great last episode. It was probbly my favorite of season 1. I wondered what the color change was about, it was Aoba seeing Hina's memories from when she first went back. I wonder what Bizon that is? Is it a Bizon from episode 1 who survived some how(my guess since it looks like he is old and on life support.), or was it this Bizon who the Time Tunnel did a number on. Either way he is old as crap and he is still hate obssesed with Aoba.
Mar 30, 2014 11:20 AM
Sep 2012
They should have named this episode perfection instead of acception. Since I don't speak Japanese, but watched the RAWs anyway, can someone here help me with this?

What was the summary of the convo with Dio, Aoba, and Hina at the end?
Mar 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
Gotta say it felt good to see Bizon get blasted to bits and Aoba saving poor Hina from being eternally trapped in the same loop of suffering
Mar 30, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2010
iCards said:
Great last episode. It was probbly my favorite of season 1. I wondered what the color change was about, it was Aoba seeing Hina's memories from when she first went back. I wonder what Bizon that is? Is it a Bizon from episode 1 who survived some how(my guess since it looks like he is old and on life support.), or was it this Bizon who the Time Tunnel did a number on. Either way he is old as crap and he is still hate obssesed with Aoba.

So the color change showed Hina's memories aka the original turn of events prior to the show. Aoba affected this and created a parallel/new timeline when he stopped Hina from going and destroyed Bizo's machine. It is not too much of a stretch to say the leader is not Bizo from the original timeline because that Bizo literally self-destructed while the Bizo in episode 13 was clearly molested by the time tunnel when his mecha got destroyed.
Mar 30, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2008
Well, now we know why Hina look like a kid, she was repeating the loop.

It's not going to surprised me if it was Bison that created zodiac and everything, from my point of view in that wheelchair he looks old and had a feeling of many years has passed.
It's probably the same Bison that was on the first episode.
I don't really know for sure thought. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
Here are my theories about Buddy Complex:

The time travel in this anime does not rely on the time paradox like we had previously thought (based on assuming that Hina disappeared when travelling to the future because there would not be two Hina in a paradox). Instead, it is based on the multi-universe theory where they have jumped to another universe by the act of time traveling. Thus, both Hina and Aoba's actions here have no bearing on the previous universe and they cannot disappear because Hina didn't travel to the past (with the time paradox theory, not traveling to the past means the current Aoba will disappear because there's no Hina to bring him to the future).

According to the deceased Doctor, the Coupling tech closely resemble small time leaps. That explains why the mech can move with such speed and sometimes "jump" ahead of time. The anime loosely unitizes Quantum Mechanic to build up this phenomenon (Quantum particles cannot be observed and people have theorized that maybe they jump back and forth in another dimension to travel between multiple universes). Coupling tech has given the mech this ability and thus Aoba can see ahead of time or his mech can make small "leaps" ahead that create its incredible speed.

############

Based on the OP's lyrics and symbolism, the theme of this anime is changing fate. It was implied that Hina's fate is the same in multiple loops where she followed Bizon into the wormhole (Hina was sent to the past earlier than Bizon and she helped Aoba not getting killed from his inevitable arrival). However, what has changed this time around?

First, both Hina and Aoba were sent to the future. Hina was sent to Zagreb 10 years earlier and her body was devolved into a young kid while still wearing her oversized school uniform. She only remembered her name was Hina and was picked up by her adoptive dad. Aoba was sent to Luxon's cockpit as we see in ep2.

Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.

However, by destroying Bizon's mech, there's another consequence. It's uncleared whether doing that have changed their reality at the time by making masked Bizon the leader of Zogilia, or masked Bizon has always been around in the first place. Nevertheless, we can deduce that without his mech, Bizon cannot find Aoba in the past to kill him. Instead, Bizon is somehow able to go to the early Zogilia and work his way up to become the leader of that country!

Hence, the war may have started because Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba have transcended space and time.
ThangLongMar 30, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 30, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Well... I want a plot :(

See you in season 2~ (for a better plot, onegai)
Mar 30, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2013
Wow actually Hina was going into an infinite loop to save Aoba *_*

Damn Sunrise, this show has really surpased my expectations

Season II??!!!?!
ExtrieveJun 3, 2014 8:48 PM
Mar 30, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
I get feeling that Bizon was feeling all the Rage NTR because Aoba ''stole'' Hina from him LOL, This episode should be called Netorare Complex.

Aside from this, I want season 2, please Sunrise!
Mar 30, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Who's the guy with the black hair at the end card?

I'm guessing that since Bizon managed to get back in this timeline, another person from the past/future is also tasked into stopping him. And since that guy has black hair like Hina and spiky hair like Aoba, he might be their son.

At least that's what I'm hoping. :D

RioFoxx said:
What was the summary of the convo with Dio, Aoba, and Hina at the end?

Yeah the trio were talking about the Wormhole, Hina asks why Aoba stopped him and stuff. Dio was saying something about how stupid Aoba is, cause that Wormhole might be his last chance to getting back in his home in the past, but Aoba says something like there are people who's gonna miss him.
redd530Mar 30, 2014 6:18 PM
Mar 30, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
redd530 said:
Who's the guy with the black hair at the end card?

I'm guessing that since Bizon managed to get back in this timeline, another person from the past/future is also tasked into stopping him. And since that guy has black hair like Hina and spiky hair like Aoba, he might be their son.

At least that's what I'm hoping. :D

I thought he is Fromm with different hair color. :D
Mar 30, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
Couldn't keep myself from watching the raw, even though I should be waiting for subs.. was too hyped.

Great episode. The plot has come full circle, which is good. It may have been better if more was left to the imagination, but then we'd have a lot of people crying about lack of spoonfeeding and having to think for themselves, as seen with the Valvrave finale thread.

Personal final rating of 7. Much of the show was bland, but there are redeeming qualities.
Mar 30, 2014 9:54 PM
Jul 2013
Who was the blond haired chick and the purple-ish haired guy that were in the picture with Hina, Aoba and Dio right after the ED finished?
Mar 30, 2014 9:58 PM
Sep 2012
ex_necross said:
Couldn't keep myself from watching the raw, even though I should be waiting for subs.. was too hyped.

Great episode. The plot has come full circle, which is good. It may have been better if more was left to the imagination, but then we'd have a lot of people crying about lack of spoonfeeding and having to think for themselves, as seen with the Valvrave finale thread.

Personal final rating of 7. Much of the show was bland, but there are redeeming qualities.

? Not done. To be continued. Confirmed Buddy Complex twitter.
Mar 30, 2014 11:46 PM
Mar 2014
ThangLong said:

The time travel in this anime does not rely on the time paradox like we had previously thought (based on assuming that Hina disappeared when travelling to the future because there would not be two Hina in a paradox). Instead, it is based on the multi-universe theory where they have jumped to another universe by the act of time traveling. Thus, both Hina and Aoba's actions here have no bearing on the previous universe and they cannot disappear because Hina didn't travel to the past (with the time paradox theory, not traveling to the past means the current Aoba will disappear because there's no Hina to bring him to the future).

According to the deceased Doctor, the Coupling tech closely resemble small time leaps. That explains why the mech can move with such speed and sometimes "jump" ahead of time. The anime loosely unitizes Quantum Mechanic to build up this phenomenon (Quantum particles cannot be observed and people have theorized that maybe they jump back and forth in another dimension to travel between multiple universes). Coupling tech has given the mech this ability and thus Aoba can see ahead of time or his mech can make small "leaps" ahead that create its incredible speed.

############

Based on the OP's lyrics and symbolism, the theme of this anime is changing fate. It was implied that Hina's fate is the same in multiple loops where she followed Bizon into the wormhole (Hina was sent to the past earlier than Bizon and she helped Aoba not getting killed from his inevitable arrival). However, what has changed this time around?

First, both Hina and Aoba were sent to the future. Hina was sent to Zagreb 10 years earlier and her body was devolved into a young kid while still wearing her oversized school uniform. She only remembered her name was Hina and was picked up by her adoptive dad. Aoba was sent to Luxon's cockpit as we see in ep2.

Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.

However, by destroying Bizon's mech, there's another consequence. It's uncleared whether doing that have changed their reality at the time by making masked Bizon the leader of Zogilia, or masked Bizon has always been around in the first place. Nevertheless, we can deduce that without his mech, Bizon cannot find Aoba in the past to kill him. Instead, Bizon is somehow able to go to the early Zogilia and work his way up to become the leader of that country!

Hence, the war may have started because Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba have transcended space and time.

I agree with your entire theory, except I have a few questions that I'm a bit confused about @_@. I also think that the Bizon we see in the ending of the episode who speaks about its finally time to meet Aoba again. But you claiming that the war may have started because of Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba is confusing me a bit.

To start off, you do recognize that this is not what was theorized before, which was the time travel in one universe, but rather a multiverse, in which they are travelling through. Then, it'd make sense that there was a loop with Hina, Bizon, and Aoba. However, this would suggest that every loop they've had (I don't know how many, could've been just that once as I'm being led to believe. But it is plausible that it has happened more than just once, perhaps many more times than imaginable.) concluded with Hina, Bizon, and Aoba being sent back. Then, Hina kills Bizon and sens Aoba back to the future, starting another loop. This is what I understand of the time loop before this one (again could be many time loops). This one that they're in right now, however, is different. This is because they stopped the loop and shot down Bizon, but he's a tenacious bastard so he's still alive. Anyways, this would make the first loop in which Bizon climbs up the ladders of Zogilia 74 years from the past, which by the way, would make him 94, as the wiki states he is 20. However, this is assuming it is the same Bizon. But then the question would be .... how is Bandai going to make this work?

What I mean by that question is that if we look at the time loop theory again, we would know that the current Hina and Aoba are in Universe A; while Bizon, having been teleported into Universe B. This is, of course, assuming that Multi-verse is the correct Quantum Theory. Therefore, Bizon in Universe B cannot directly affect Hina and Aoba directly in Universe A. Then, the question would be, how exactly did Bizon start a war for Nectoribium, which was a disguise to enact his revenge on Aoba. This is the part that kind of confuses me, and excuse me if I'm taking a joke seriously o_o. The problem is that it is impossible for this to happen, as if two Bizons are in the same Universe, either B or A, then wouldn't they cause a rip in the space-time fabric? Well this is what I know from Sci-Fi of course. And this also ignores the fact that they're not in a different universe from Bizon. So I'm actually quite confused and stoked for Bandai's magic band-aid to Time leap Paradox.

Tl;dr:
Time Leap Theory = Problems
Multi-verse Theory = Fits, but has problems with the future of S2.
- Current Aoba, Dio, Hina, and Bizon = Universe A
- Events in episode 13 happens, cause time travel to Universe B.
- Things were about to loop again, but because of events in Episode 11, things changed.
- In the end, only Bizon was teleported to Universe B, while Aoba et al are in Universe A (with modifications b/c of Episode 11)
- Universe B =/= Universe A
- Therefore, Bizon can't directly start war to kill Aoba for stealing Hina.
- !?!?!?!?!?
- Confused consumer of Anime.
Mar 31, 2014 12:26 AM
Dec 2013
mablibsking said:
ThangLong said:

############

I agree with your entire theory, except I have a few questions that I'm a bit confused about @_@. I also think that the Bizon we see in the ending of the episode who speaks about its finally time to meet Aoba again. But you claiming that the war may have started because of Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba is confusing me a bit.

To start off, you do recognize that this is not what was theorized before, which was the time travel in one universe, but rather a multiverse, in which they are travelling through. Then, it'd make sense that there was a loop with Hina, Bizon, and Aoba. However, this would suggest that every loop they've had (I don't know how many, could've been just that once as I'm being led to believe. But it is plausible that it has happened more than just once, perhaps many more times than imaginable.) concluded with Hina, Bizon, and Aoba being sent back. Then, Hina kills Bizon and sens Aoba back to the future, starting another loop. This is what I understand of the time loop before this one (again could be many time loops). This one that they're in right now, however, is different. This is because they stopped the loop and shot down Bizon, but he's a tenacious bastard so he's still alive. Anyways, this would make the first loop in which Bizon climbs up the ladders of Zogilia 74 years from the past, which by the way, would make him 94, as the wiki states he is 20. However, this is assuming it is the same Bizon. But then the question would be .... how is Bandai going to make this work?

What I mean by that question is that if we look at the time loop theory again, we would know that the current Hina and Aoba are in Universe A; while Bizon, having been teleported into Universe B. This is, of course, assuming that Multi-verse is the correct Quantum Theory. Therefore, Bizon in Universe B cannot directly affect Hina and Aoba directly in Universe A. Then, the question would be, how exactly did Bizon start a war for Nectoribium, which was a disguise to enact his revenge on Aoba. This is the part that kind of confuses me, and excuse me if I'm taking a joke seriously o_o. The problem is that it is impossible for this to happen, as if two Bizons are in the same Universe, either B or A, then wouldn't they cause a rip in the space-time fabric? Well this is what I know from Sci-Fi of course. And this also ignores the fact that they're not in a different universe from Bizon. So I'm actually quite confused and stoked for Bandai's magic band-aid to Time leap Paradox.

Tl;dr:
Time Leap Theory = Problems
Multi-verse Theory = Fits, but has problems with the future of S2.
- Current Aoba, Dio, Hina, and Bizon = Universe A
- Events in episode 13 happens, cause time travel to Universe B.
- Things were about to loop again, but because of events in Episode 11, things changed.
- In the end, only Bizon was teleported to Universe B, while Aoba et al are in Universe A (with modifications b/c of Episode 11)
- Universe B =/= Universe A
- Therefore, Bizon can't directly start war to kill Aoba for stealing Hina.
- !?!?!?!?!?
- Confused consumer of Anime.

But Bizon would be able to kill the Aoba of Universe B, wouldn't he? At this point, I don't think he cares if it's the same Aoba, so as to speak. The guy seems pretty deranged at this point, and we don't know how Aoba breaking the time loop affects the whole multiverse... in universe B, he wouldn't have to travel to the future, because Aoba/Hina/Dio in universe A assumed that he'd been killed.
And Hina... I think the commonly accepted theory now is that when Hina from episode 1 travelled to the past, she merged with her younger self (maybe her biological parents were living in Zagreb and had lost their lives), resulting in an amnesiac six-year-old girl wearing the oversized uniform of a Japanese high school. It would solve the conundrum of her not having an origin. I think the logic in this show can be reasoned out if we know just how far Bizon travelled in time and how much he's aged in the last scene (ie; how many years have passed).
I'm not really familiar with time travel theories, so hopefully you'll forgive me for any holes in my logic (I'm actually trying not to pay too attention to the time-travel factor in this show- in this case I really couldn't help myself- because I have a feeling I'll end up metaphorically banging my head against the wall when trying to figure this out. And I really like the show- not for the time-travel mystery itself, but because I find the character interactions to be fairly compelling.)
helenobellMar 31, 2014 12:45 AM
Mar 31, 2014 12:26 AM
Mar 2014
K1ngOfHeroes said:
Who was the blond haired chick and the purple-ish haired guy that were in the picture with Hina, Aoba and Dio right after the ED finished?

He is Ichijo Haku, and she is Chloe Villa.
Both of whom the characters of "coupling of the battlefield".

>> http://buddy-complex.bngames.net/images/pl_ch.jpg
GAME >> https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/buddy-complex-coupling-battlefield/id796824968?l=en&mt=8
COMIC >> http://buddy-complex.jp/comics/comic_tameshi02.html
tomotomoMar 31, 2014 3:30 AM
Mar 31, 2014 1:47 AM

Dec 2012
mablibsking said:
I agree with your entire theory, except I have a few questions that I'm a bit confused about @_@. I also think that the Bizon we see in the ending of the episode who speaks about its finally time to meet Aoba again. But you claiming that the war may have started because of Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba is confusing me a bit...

That is my tongue-in-cheek comment since Bizon's well deserved rage and comical failures amuse me. However it's also a possibility that the fact about masked Bizon starting the whole war for revenge is true.

First. we have to keep in mind that multiverse theory negates the law of consequences. There is limitless number of universes where any conceivable event can happen. For example, there are universes where Bizon won over Aoba, or universes where the three of them have never existed in the first place. In their absence, events may have started by different actors, leading to random conclusion. Remember Dio's supposed buddy Marcus who was killed in ep2? Without Aoba's jumping to that universe, they would have lost the war with Zogilia right there. Same with the child Hina 10 years earlier, Ryazan might have picked up a different girl and Bizon's friend would have been another person.

As multiverse jumpers (instead the time travel agents) Aoba, Bizon, and Hina alter the events of their destinate universe using the memory of the universe they departed. Thus, the events they created follow the similar paths as the previous universes, causing the looping effect for the three of them. Now, with the event that Aoba and Dio broke the loop, and masked Bizon became Zogilia's leader, there are two possible explanations:

Let's call
_ Ep1 universe where Aoba and Hina exist Universe A
_ Current event universe with young Bizon Universe B
_ Universe where masked Bizon exists Universe C

1) Masked Bizon and young Bizon are in the same universe:
- The events happened exactly the same in a random universe due to the nature of limitless possibility in mutilverse theory. That leads to an exact Bizon with the same trauma travel to Universe B 70 years ago.
- Universe B and Universe C are the same.
- Masked Bizon started the war in Universe B.
- Masked Bizon and young Bizon exist in the same universe, just that there's no interaction between the two.

2) Universe B and Universe C merged after the event in ep13:
- Universe B had some random Zogilia leader that caused the war.
- Universe C had only masked Bizon (without Hina and Aoba) and he built Zogilia exactly the same as the history that he remembered.
- According the multiverse theory, two parallel universes are extremely close to each other while the wormhole is just tiny tunnel that connects them. In fact, they are so dangerously closed that they can collide.
- The anime can base on that to say Universe B and Universe C (where masked Bizon traveled to) are merged in ep13, eliminating all divergent events and/or people besides the three jumpers Aoba, Hina, and masked Bizon. That includes random Zogilia's leader in Universe B, and random coupling pilots in Universe C.

In both of those cases, masked Bizon is the one started the war due to his grudge against Watase Aoba. I prefer the second possibility because we can add the "magic" of Bizon's unstoppable will for revenge that merges the two universes. This makes Bizon much more interesting (and comical) as a crazy antagonist. Aoba and Hina may not escape him after all because his grudge has altered space and time.
Mar 31, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2012
Very good episode! Bizon getting owned in the wormhole but he sadly survives it and he will try to get his revenge =O Looking forward to season 2!

8/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 31, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
What an awesome ending that was. Really gets ur mind working to try and conclude what happened ^^ It wasn't too mindfucking but it wasn't spoon feeding either. Good stuff :D

And thnx for the explanation ThangLong ^^ It made everything more understandable even if they may not be 100% true [they're just theories in the end after all ^^]

So can we conclude from that Old Bizon being almost 94 years old? Having returned to the past without a mecha and having to wait all this time for Aoba to appear in this timeline?

Loved the mecha porn between the Coupled machines this ep. the Next version looked really cool ^^

Poor Hina having to have undergone possibly many loops. Props to Aoba realizing :)

Can't wait for S2...should be fun seeing them interact on the same ship now. Dio and Hina haven't interacted at all yet right? ^^

And gotta say I was LMAO'ing at Bizon the whole ep XD He just went totally insane and got NTR'd even with all that lololol

8/10 for me and hope S2 will be good :)
Mar 31, 2014 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
Time paradox somehow is not fixed anyway, and bizon started war and created zogilia empire seems after he got blowned up in 1st episode :)
wex89Mar 31, 2014 7:12 AM
Mar 31, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2012
Season 2 when?
Mar 31, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
probably in fall will be naxrrhid
The spider is watching
Mar 31, 2014 7:42 AM

Apr 2013
This episode is worth watching Bizon suffer and turning into Darth Vader.
Season 2, I'll be waiting.
Mar 31, 2014 9:32 AM

May 2013
Aoba stopping Hina from repeating the cycle again. So it was Bizon that founded Zogillia all to have revenge on Aoba. Can't wait for the second season.
Mar 31, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
So, this was how the war on Zogilia started against the Alliance...

Because Bizon got sent back into the past, became some emperor and still wanted revenge...

There are alot of loops that the anime has to address in the second season. I am looking forward to it now that Hina is now on their side.

Surprisingly enjoyable for a simple anime that does not divert from the norm. Good action, decent story and likeable characters.

7/10 overall from me, decent anime.
Mar 31, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2007
Dang what an episode. They actually cleared up everything and left a nice tease for season 2. I just hope they don't keep me waiting too long for it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 31, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
At first I started to have my doubts about this anime, then it got better and better and I fell in love with the coupling system, and now that I know what all rlly happened and it all got explained I gotta say the entire anime was in truth very well executed.
Mar 31, 2014 10:12 AM

Mar 2014
Oh okay so they had different conclusion for this "timeline"

The end makes me feel that Bizon is really really really the most pitiful character in this anime !!

Mar 31, 2014 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
It was a good show. Bizon had a bad time though.
Mar 31, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Well, judging from how they resolved the time travel paradox issue with Hina relatively quickly, they'll probably be moving onto something better -- in fact we already know what it is: Bizon's return as Zogilia's highest authority. To be honest I'm just relieved by the fact that Hina didn't return to the same same timeline and was able to end up with Dio and Aoba.

Overall this season has been pretty good. I must say this series kind of feels like Valvrave. Both series are made up of absolute nonsense from time to time and thus seem like joke series, but they wrap up nicely at the end and actually come off as serious pieces of work. And hey, the bro love is carried over in this series too! Of course, Valvrave went all over the place. At least with Buddy Complex we more or less have a framework of what's going on and I rather liked the relationship between Aoba and Dio and Aoba and Hina. The soundtrack is superb. The art is also pretty clean as far as I can tell. I almost wish that we will end up with a more fitting villain than Bizon, but I guess it makes sense given that he's the only plausible main antagonist at this point. Here's looking forward to season two.
Mar 31, 2014 10:31 AM
Nov 2009
So it's a multiverse theory then.

1. where Hina is alive in the past, Aoba in the future and Bizon is dead. (Hina continues the cycle of saving Aoba.)

2. where Hina and Aoba stayed in the future while Bizon gets set back alive to the past. (Hina's time loop is stopped.)

There are still so many inconsistencies though, like how could the masked Bizon exist if the Zogilian empire wasn't even there to begin with and was the catalyst to send him back in time?

I'm definitely watching season 2 if it ever comes out and hope to get more answers.

8/10
Mar 31, 2014 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty forgettable series. Felt like each episode I watched was more or less the same as the last. Very bland MC, at least for my tastes.

Perhaps a second season can turn things around. Will see.
Mar 31, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2012
OMG OMG OMG the time travel conclusion is just too awesome! They broke the time loop!

Fantastic! I'm glad I held on to this show.

Shall continue to wait for Season 2, time travel will still remain important to this show, given how this might be the curse of the Nectoribilium.
Mar 31, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2008
Well this was pretty meh. I did however want to watch mecha anime so this did the job. Too many stupidities in it for me to rate it high. Not to mention I hated Hina with passion and whole military command chain seemed retarded, on both sides.

4/10

If 2nd season comes I will probably watch it, simply because I am a sucker for sci-fi based things.
Mar 31, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2010
wow i relly loved this "final" episode especially since the conclusion actually made alot of sense (well ..way more sense than in similar timetravel paradox anime).

i didnt like this show that much initially but it has grown on me and i enjoyed the second half of it much more. i was torn on the rating but the final episode managed to finish this season with a good and fitting ending which i value highly!

8/10 especially since i enjoy mecha anime with actually good looking mechs.

season 2 yay!
Mar 31, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2012
Plot hole spotted.
If Dio didn't stop Aoba and they destroyed Bizon's Mecha that'll mean that Aoba SHOULD have lived a normal life in his time period w/o ever going into the future! At the same this means that Hina would've stayed as a random Zogilia soldier would she not?
Mar 31, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
_Tako_ said:
Plot hole spotted.
If Dio didn't stop Aoba and they destroyed Bizon's Mecha that'll mean that Aoba SHOULD have lived a normal life in his time period w/o ever going into the future! At the same this means that Hina would've stayed as a random Zogilia soldier would she not?

Multiple timelines yo
Mar 31, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
lol @ Bizon creating Zogillia just to kill Aoba? xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 31, 2014 11:10 AM

Mar 2013
So much hate for Bizon, I mean the guy was just in love and he was like legibly in love he was pretty much the love interest for Hina till Aoba showed up, but then the confusing time thing makes it hard to recognize who was there first. In any case, this show has so much NTR, because technically Bizon was a good guy who got turned into a bad guy from all the crap that's happened to him he's not the one that forced Hina into the cockpit that doctor did, he did force a kiss though, but if she never met Aoba she prolly enjoy it and his blindly love for Hina turned him into a monstet. Which isn't that different from Aoba's love for Hina. if I could make the argument Hina is the real antagonist in the series, look at all the carp she puts people through lol(jk)Love is blind, here I don't hate Bizon though I feel extremely sorry for him. I dunno who second season Bizon is, but he was my favorite char from season 1, I don't care much about Aoba, I do like Dio though, hope they give him more char development.
mangostickyriceMar 31, 2014 11:13 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

91 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.