Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jun 29, 2017 6:55 PM

Dec 2016
Nice ending! I really enjoy watching this anime :3 The funny moments, fights, friendship... everything >w<

So Yato have feelings for Hiyori. So cute ^w^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 2, 2017 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
Good anime, OST and animation were almost perfect, but It deemed a little girlish, Also I think they should've focused a little more in the fights, but overall 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2017 9:15 AM

Aug 2014
Very good anime 9/10
I love the idea with how sins can hurt a god. It gave me some thoughts...

The art is great also, the story is not perfect but it goes well.

I like the way opening was made and the song itself is nice also. I liked that style.
I wonder if Hiyori will get some more fighting power or if there will be sme romance next season, but maybe it would make it worse for the story? I liked how it was as it was.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 17, 2017 4:05 AM
Feb 2017
What's the OST from Noragami when Yato & Hiyori are hugging under the rocks when battling Rabo?
Jan 3, 2018 6:54 PM
Dec 2014
VanishingKira said:
Other than the fact that Bones animated this there was absolutely nothing special about this,it was rather average too.Though the anime original stuff did make me bump this to a 6/10.

Agreed, average show. But average is not bad. Hiyori was cute. I'll watch SO2.
Jan 31, 2018 4:26 PM

Mar 2016
That was a really great final fight! We even get to see some of the skills and attitude of the past Yato as a god of calamity! I still want to see Yato REALLY going all out and using Nora as his divine instrument. That will be EPIC!

Moving on to the hopefully even better the second season! (After watching the OVAs)
Feb 1, 2018 5:03 PM

Dec 2015
Re-watching both seasons currently

Damn...
I was just sorting out my anime pictures and there were a lot of Noragami ones and it made me all emotional so I was like what the heck, I'll rewatch.
It was one of the first anime I watched seriously.

I've read the manga, and it indeed is very different. But in my opinion they pulled it off quite well. I absolutely adore the emotional ending. And the soundtrack is amazing.
I'm all about the feels guys. And this episode has a lot of feels ;-;
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Mar 9, 2018 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
i actually had more expectations for this.

seems like an average comedy anime. trio, 1 girl 2 guys, 1 is being made fun of and he has to constantly prove him self.
Mar 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Feb 2018
Maelstrom said:
i actually had more expectations for this.

seems like an average comedy anime. trio, 1 girl 2 guys, 1 is being made fun of and he has to constantly prove him self.

This. Except for the episodes 8 and 9, which were simply amazing, rest of this anime was pretty mediocre.
5/10
May 1, 2018 8:39 AM
May 2018
When get out the third season of noragami anyone know anything
Oct 21, 2018 3:34 PM

Sep 2014
the show up so far was great, but this final was extremely lackluster. The story was unimaginative. It didnt do the rest of the anime justice. Hiyori conveniently regaining memory, generic antagonist merging with demon/phantom to get stronger, after teasing the protag so much that he gets "angry" and stronger. Just to loose this power and the fight anyway 5 minutes later.

It all coming down to "please understand me guy I spoke to once 500 years ago, now I can die by your hands" was just weak.

Why do I feel like I have seen this before around 1000 times?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 8, 2019 5:47 PM

Jan 2019
Rewatched for the second time T^T why was I literally sobbing.

I just started reading the manga recently and got to chapter 48! If you like the anime I definitely recommend reading the manga after season 2. It has sm tea
Feb 17, 2019 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
I don't know anything about the source material for Noragami, but it was one of those anime that gave me the impression every element would have been deeper and more detailed in the manga. However as far as entertainment goes it did the job well, I cared about the characters and there wasn't a single episode that felt boring or pointless. A solid 8/10 for me
Mar 28, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
So guess they didn't need to defeat him after all, even though they still did. But she got her memories back anyway, with his scent hehe

Overall a good show, but also nothing too special. Not really hyped for any character, but I dislike any of them either. 7/10
May 6, 2019 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Stunning fight scenes. And heartwarming ending. Yato, Yukine, Hiyori are really awesome relationship :D
May 17, 2019 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
Really good show with some flaws.
Love the humor of the Anime. Tense fighting scenes, alot of mystery and good figthing scenes.

The filler episodes somehow felt too dragged out imo. Still I cant help but to like the very last episode of s1. The fight against Rabo was interesting, tense and fast paced. I kinda lied Rabo aswell. Badass appearance, pure evil and somehow a left-behind character which just whats to find inner peace.
But the episode previously during that filler arc have been boring. Stereotypish things were happening like losing memory.

08/10 seems to be a fair score since the first 9 episode were just epic.

I hope for a second season without fillers. Im not a fan of fillers. For example with Noragami: no backstory to Rabo though it seemed like he knows Yato pretty good. The pacing has been to fast. And overall it didnt feel like the story before... kinda... not fitting into the world of Noragami.

Still Im a fan of that show and Im probably going to read the Manga.

Somehow I cant remember any OSTs of this show. Wondering why since I have read alot of comments praising the soundtracks. Probably going to check it out again later.
My only regret is having regrets!
Jun 6, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
just finished rewatching season 1. next season 2!
Ugh my heart T_T Yato x Hiyori forever fucaskdjsk <3 the blush omfg <3

I'll read the manga when I finish season 2. Damn it's still ongoing and wtf only 82 chapters atm!? //cries because I read manga fast T_T

owkey
Jun 13, 2019 4:56 PM

Feb 2012
Yato x Hiyori are so great together (T_T)

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 4, 2019 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
That wish at the end was fucking adorable >__<. Damsel in distress Hiyori grew kind of tired by the end, but that was kinda amplified during this last arc.

Anyway, the show was badass. The comedy during the first half in particular was fucking gold, and Yato reminds me something of a Kenshin-lite. Aside from the last arc experiencing a dip in quality, and Yukine's Linkin Park phase growing slightly out of control for a bit, this show capitalized on all the things that make me a shounenfag.

Looking forward to the second season.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 29, 2019 4:54 AM

May 2018
Good ending. The fight with Rabo was amazing, together with the drama when Hiyori gets unconcious and Yato got serious. Plus the happy and sweet part at the last part, amazing episode. I enjoyed this anime, not boring, characters were interesting, and the story is not that amazing but it was good. I hope we can get more scene for Bishamon in the next season.

Nov 13, 2019 9:35 PM

Sep 2017
Noragami was a pretty fun show. I got quite some enjoyment out of it. While it definitely suffers from a sometimes inconsistent soundtrack, a few "eh" characters, and an okay at best story, it was good enough that I could find myself re-watching it a few years down the line and/or recommending it to someone as necessary. Beyond that though, I don't have much else to say. 7/10.

Jan 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Dec 2018
good beginning few episodes
great last few episodes
the middle was some of the cringiest, worst shit i've ever seen in my life
i'll be generous and give it a 5 in the hopes that the next season continues to improve now that the emo kid got his shit kicked in and is normal again
i do hope hiyori becomes more useful. the first couple episodes made me think she'd be pretty bad ass with her martial arts, it's like why even fucking mention it if you're just going to make her useless and have to run away all the damn time?
can we strike a balance between mary sue and damsel in distress for once?
Apr 17, 2020 1:55 PM

Dec 2019
Ngl i found this show pretty boring i put it on hold for a month after watching 10 episodes lol, only good thing about it was the last fight.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 18, 2020 4:15 AM
Jan 2018
Omg! This one was lit. I really loved it how Yato was getting mad about his "future-girlfriend"! It was so desperate yet so heart touching!! I also liked the part when he asked her as usual the 5yen price to make her wish come true.. What a nice wish ;)
May 7, 2020 8:46 PM
Feb 2019
The fight was full of hype, as expected of Bones.
Rabo isn't the most interesting character of the show, but his conflict with Yato was good, two calamity god fighting each other, one which is resigned to continue with this status no matter what, and other wich let that title behind in a search for the love of humans through more benevolent actions, and at the end the one disposed to change wins. The relation between Yato and Yukine was really strong here, a great contrast with the mid-season episodes, although they maintain the same disrespectful treatment to each other, as usual; also, although a bit out of pace, I liked the YatoxHiyori moments, they were pretty good, it's visible how far they have gone for the other, and how important their bond are right now.

A series full of laughs, with some good dramatic moments, really charming characters with amusing interactions among them, a journey full of joy.
8/10
May 21, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2020
Not so intense fight but we now know potential of Yato. He is really disaster of katana. Well finally they are getting along. Happy ending for S1
Jul 13, 2020 1:36 AM

Jun 2020
12 episodes too little!!!! so glad there’s a season 2

LOVE the OST ♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 25, 2020 12:44 AM

Jun 2019
I enjoyed the season as a whole but felt the ending fight was fairly anti-climactic with Yato vs Rabo. Yato and Yukine in the final moment of the fight was great but then it just kinda ended the same way all the fights ended.

Still love Yato as a solid MC and will still venture into the second season.
Sep 23, 2020 2:51 AM

Sep 2019
It was decent, for me I think hiyorin is pulling yato down from becoming a cool character (I really wanna see yato in his past self, that shit is Savage).

I was thinking about watching the second season at first but now I don't know what to do! well maybe I would :/

5/10
Oct 4, 2020 2:17 PM

Feb 2016
I've slept on this anime for so long, I'm glad I finally watched it. It turned out to be way better than i thought. And it had a great balance of comedy and drama. Every character was likeable, even the female lead. Yato is one of the best mc i've ever seen.
SeeU-SpaceCowboyOct 4, 2020 9:57 PM
Oct 14, 2020 12:37 PM
Jul 2020
Awwww that was adorable. I felt like that final fight was a bit rushed though.
Nov 20, 2020 8:00 PM

Jul 2020
We finally got to see Yato do sum badass fighting. Can't wait to see him at full strength
Dec 8, 2020 11:38 PM

Dec 2020
the manga is definitely better, at least i heard, but this was amazing. i'm glad she was able to come back and the bad guy ended up being slayed. definitely a 8 out of 10.
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 AM
Feb 2021
mixordia said:
Good end...

7/10

It was a good adaptation, but the manga is still much better ;)

true manga is much much better plus since s3 isn't coming, i suggest reading the manga.
Jun 16, 2021 1:42 PM

Jun 2019
My 16th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Jul 26, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2016
ShadowkillZ_ said:
That was a really great final fight! We even get to see some of the skills and attitude of the past Yato as a god of calamity! I still want to see Yato REALLY going all out and using Nora as his divine instrument. That will be EPIC!

Moving on to the hopefully even better the second season! (After watching the OVAs)

The fi8nal episode whows what this show coulod be.

Probably wont bother with the second season. Assume alls well that ends well.
Jul 31, 2021 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
Vindicater said:

The fi8nal episode whows what this show coulod be.

Probably wont bother with the second season. Assume alls well that ends well.

That post I made was from 3 years ago, and I can tell you this. Second Season is arguably better, but one must watch it themselves to decide that.
Jan 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2021
Noragami's been seriously awesome and fun.....I loved the show from beginning to end....definitely gonna be one of my favorites....I loved the plot, characters and story so much....Probably gonna watch season 2 later....
Feb 19, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2021
Ending Fight was very good and overall it was a great watch. I will give it a solid 9/10.
May 6, 2022 8:32 PM
Jan 2016
Why is the final episode marked filler? Its not filler it's a very valid conclusion that follows the rest of the series...
May 28, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Ahhh, nice ending, I still like it. The serious parts are so good. Love to see how the other gods reacted, but nonetheless, it's time for season 2 and my favorites, Ebisu and Kazuma.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 16, 2022 3:19 PM
Jan 2022
Top Notch!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 23, 2022 3:53 PM
Sep 2022
The first positive point of the anime, for me, would be the soundtrack, with a very good opening and ending and songs that accompany the work very well, Noragami, ends up having a very good soundtrack. Another positive point of the anime is in the direction, as the director knew how to work the characters well and how he manages to bring a different aesthetic, because when I was reading the manga I didn't have the impression that it was as dark as they represent in the anime, it's something different , but very interesting. One thing to mention about anime is its animation, I really like it, technically, I think it's very well done, I like the colors, I like how they manage to work and change a lot, depending on the environment or scene, without getting too weird, I understand who complains that the animation is very standard of other works, but for me that pleased me. One merit that this anime has is that it manages to entertain you, you can watch it calmly without getting sick, which is a great merit for it. Despite missing more fights, I think the ones that are good, I really like the final fight. Now to talk about the most positive point of the work, its characters, they are what keep the audience wanting to see more, not the story. With Yato being a great protagonist, having secondary characters, all very well presented, all very developed and, almost all, with more than they show on the surface, Noragami ends up having very interesting characters, very involving and, above all, very rich characters, that make you cheer and want to know everything about them.
Oct 20, 2022 1:33 PM
Jun 2021
top tier anime, just wish yato was a more cool/ruthless war god
Oct 28, 2022 1:19 PM
Jan 2022
best fight i ever see
Dec 3, 2022 4:12 PM

May 2021
What a great episode, loved every aspect of it. One of the best series I've watched in a while
Dec 13, 2022 8:43 PM
Apr 2022
OMG IT WAS SO CUTE!! i loved the ending, him saying "may our fates forever intertwine" ahgsagasj AND FOR A FIVE YEN COIN NONETHELESS! HAHAH
Dec 17, 2022 8:21 AM
Nov 2022
Despite my sudden hatred when I finished the whole anime hoping that I would get some more content to absorb, for a few months I was pretty fond of it. I was suggesting to many other weebs that just started watching anime, to begin with, something easy, not like me that started with Attack on Titan (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ. I'm really hoping that a new season will be released this year or the next year because honestly I couldn't get enough of the main characters and I was so invested in Yato (♡ヮ♡)
Jan 16, 2023 4:55 AM
Jun 2016
good episode, I think it could have used less clothes and more oppai
Feb 3, 2023 12:08 AM

Mar 2022
bummer.. ending is kinda a let down tbh

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

209 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.