Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
OMG! I'm ready for the second season!
Can't wait to see what will happen
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 22, 2014 11:23 AM

Sep 2013
Nureha is interesting, a fox tail enchanter.

A way back :O What an anvil to drop on the last episode :P

I'm glad he slapped her.

"Hard to believe it all started with a hamburger that had some flavor." So true.

Classic Akatsuki knee to the face :3

A bigger goal then going back home, possibly bringing Rudy with them? Now that would be amazing.

"May I accompany you?" I wonder if the sage will become a more important character next season?

New season this fall awesome :D
Mar 22, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2010
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

The scrubs in Log Horizon finally decided to level up. And it seems like the veterans are getting some good equipments? The three was killing a big boss so I assume it has a good item drop.

What a cliffhanger though. The ending just made my excitement for season two skyrocket.

Nureha is so freaking hot. I hope she becomes Shiroe's ally later on. I was shipping Akatsuki x Shiroe but dang, that might change in season two.

Nothing else I can say except this series was fucking EPIC! I hope they increase the production budget for season two. I'm so excited that I might just read the novel before the second season start.
Mar 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
Let's go S2!!!!

Mar 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Feb 2008
of course there had to be a second season. with an ending like that. i would love to see some romance develop though.
Mar 22, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
Returning to the real world would be suitable only for the very end of the show. I don't even mind if they never made it back to the real world because the main reason I'm watching this is for the exploration and life in a virtual world. Though I'd like to see more action in Log Horizon :/
Mar 22, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2013
Though I could complain about the anime quality and how they cut some of the lines and scene, I had to say the staff did a nice job considering their poor funding.
Shiroe actually did a lot of investigation and research about the world and how things are going in the nearby regions but even the readers weren't told how much he knows. I just love how he's like the mastermind of the rounds.
They're going to solve more and more mystery of this world and can't wait to see S2 and the release of the OST.
The author already finish book7 and some short stories. I guess S2 would cover those and the coming book8.
Mar 22, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Well... Its a so-so series.. It has it good and bad points in my view... cant really give it a final score until the story finishes but thats for a 2nd season I guess..

7/10 from me for the tome being.
Mar 22, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
Fairly anti-climactic for a final episode. I was looking forward to Shiroe coming to the Princess's rescue there and matching wits with that western lord, but he had to play bad cop to Krusty's good cop. As soon as Krusty walked in I groaned. Super excited for season two though. That's what i like to see, a declaration of if and when the next season is coming out, right at the end. Instead of hoping there's another season and waiting for word like it is with most anime (I watch).
Mar 22, 2014 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
One of the best shows from the past season. Enjoyable environment, beautiful characters, Shiroe and Akatsuki my favorites. I'm glad i'm not going to see Minori face in a couple of months tho. There's a lot of questions in my mind I want to know the answer.
Yay for season 2, can't wait!
Mar 22, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2012
Really enjoyed this series as it gave me a real in-depth look inside the world of a MMORPG. The politics and psychological warfare were intriguing to watch and I always looked forward to those shifts of the glasses and diabolical smirks. The last episode did not disappoint in that remark as it gave me all the best parts of the show. Added some little action in the end which it sort of lacked throughout the series but it still set up a second season.
Mar 22, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
Loved it. Once it got into the groove I was totally engrossed in it. A very intelligent and interesting show that doesn't do the boring hack shit that similar shows do. Can't wait for season 2. I've been saying for several weeks that Log Horizon feels like a long-running show and deserves to be one.
Mar 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, what a huge fucking cliffhanger... At least, we have a season announced :P

Now, after having milked Akihabara the best he could, Shiroe is ready to leave his city and shape the world as he want!

That new girl have a lot of potential. It look like her weakness though is that all her powerness is based around Shiroe, like he was the center of her world.

Wow, Marves got owned so much. Dat grin I had when Crusty subtly told him to fuck off :3
Also, poor Shiroe, having to always play the bad role. And Akatsuki that feel bad that she never noticed it :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 22, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
That ending scene though! Can't wait for S2!
Mar 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
This episode seems like a build up for season 2.
I want season 2 now.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 22, 2014 12:42 PM
Mar 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Nureha seems like an interesting character, potential ally? Enjoyed this anime a lot but I hope it doesn't become similar to SAO. Can't wait for season 2!
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."
Mar 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Hope season 2 has action.
Mar 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
I feel this season was a perfect setup for what's coming. Can't wait!
Mar 22, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2011
The End, next is the season 2.
Mar 22, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Lovely adaptation. The removal of some details somewhat detracted but it did allow for more coverage of the main story. Overall a great standard for an adaptation. Unlike a certain other MMO-esque series. >->

Anyways the episode concluded on a great note. Best girl showed up and a new cold war brews among the two Japanese player cities.
Mar 22, 2014 1:28 PM
Nov 2012
Great series! But the first half of this season was better than the second half.

The beginning, where we meet the characters, and Log Horizon and the Round Table are created, is a delight. But then we have the whole League of Freedom Cities arc, which isn't as good, and finally the Festival arc, which is overlong. This has the feel of an anime made from a manga where the manga didn't quite fit the anime time constraints.

Looking forward to Season 2 in the Fall.
Mar 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
Phew, bits of foreshadowing, a very interesting new character, and a grand design greater than going back to their world. This will be a heck of a continuation.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
How did Shiroe know that that was Nureha though,

But oh well, season 2 this fall!
Mar 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
Vooo said:

Dont worry there is plenty of action, murder, and higher stakes and less economics in the second season so be patient
Mar 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhhhh, so glad there's gonna be a 2nd season.
wow gay
Mar 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that was a nice little setup for season 2. Can't wait.
Mar 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Was pretty interesting. Shiroe seems to have a knack for attracting strong women.

A whole two season wait until season 2. Well, at least there is a season 2.
Mar 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
I really like this anime and can't wait for the 2nd season!!
Mar 22, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
The Good:
In-depth standard MMORPG game of it's customization, classes, and party guild members. MC is not your usual OP when he fights in the front lines and a really great strategist. Focuses more on teamwork, rather than being a lone wolf person. Politics heat things up when having these conflicts between the NPC's, the Adventures, and monster encounters.

The Bad:
The action lacks most of the time, as it is too much talking and focus on the political stuff. To many characters that are introduced with only some slight character development. Minor romance scenes. Akatsuki, Naotsugu, and Nyanta are pretty much absent throughout the season.

8/10, the second half was pretty interesting where Shiroe had a conversation with Nureha. As always Shiroe was really clever when he made Lord Malves leave the place. The Epilogue was interesting.

Oh yeah here comes season 2!!! :D.

Mar 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
xD Evil.
All these evil people. Looking forward to next Fall!
Mar 22, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2009
I so wanted to bitch-slap Nureha... Her acting + the seiyuu's voice made me go crazy!

Summary of this first season:

- opening is great
- ending is great
- the first part of the season is really interesting
- the last episodes were good except the little parts with Akatsuki glooming
- Not enough Akatsuki
- Not enough Nyancat
- Not enough action
Mar 22, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2009
Damn, Shiroe is really something.

Can't wait for the second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
8/10 after all, I enjoyed the second part of the series but lesser than the first one.
Of course will watch the second season, thanks to based-Shiroe.

More importantly, their next goal is ...?
Mar 22, 2014 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
So fucking good. The characters, economics, politics, action. And to think this series was completely off my radar until a few weeks ago. It also got me back into playing a mmorpg. I'll wait for you season 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2014 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
Glad to see they immediately announced the second season. And Shiroe should've accepted Nureha's offer. Maybe it was the evil whispers of an evil witch, or rather a siren, cause this foxy lady easily took the #1 spot of hottest female we've seen so far, but she seemed like a decent fit for Shiroe.

Though maybe I'm leaving out Kanami to much, speaking of Kanami, disappointed we didn't get any info on her whereabouts the whole season. She's the character I'm most interested to find about more. Here's hoping season 2 has some episodes revolving her.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Vooo said:

Dont worry there is plenty of action, murder, and higher stakes and less economics in the second season so be patient

Murder, kind of have my interest now, so people find a way to truly PK? Or are we speaking about some people of the land? If so, the huge part of them are obnoxious as hell. Take the noble this episode again.
Mar 22, 2014 4:57 PM
Jul 2013
if there's no season 2 after an ending like that... i'll be so pissed
Mar 22, 2014 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
Probably one of the best from the past season. I'm really glad I decided to pick up this show because at first I was kinda hesitant. Now I absolutely don't regret my decision.
The opening and the ending didn't change and that was a point in favor to me, i'm not kidding when I say that "Database" and "Your song" are one of the best OP and ED i've listened in a very long time.
It took me a while to understand why everyone took this "apocalypse" thing so easy. Like, nobody crying because they wanted to go home. Shiroe amazing's explanations leaded me to perfectly understand every single aspect and special stuff as long as the episodes were passing by.
The way they developed the characters was far good. You can either hate them or love them. Shiroe was definitely the most interesting to me. Not necessary to mention how handsome he is, lol, I think I understand why Minori and Akatsuki have fallen for him. I prefer Akatsuki, she's a beautiful, powerful and loyal girl. Special mention to Krusty, Nyanta-san, incredible characters in fact.
Overall, I enjoyed every episode a lot. And I still have a lot of doubts in my mind, but I'm glad there's gonna be a season two so I can find the right answer for them. So happy about the news, btw. Great series.

Mar 22, 2014 5:32 PM

May 2012
This is our reality.. its the last ep..
shiroe is silently badass as usual.. cant wait for season 2..

Mar 22, 2014 5:34 PM
Aug 2012
The only sad reason i see about the second season, is that we won't probably have any more " Database, database, just leaving in the database woo ooooo". :(
Mar 22, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
Great anime right there :) Can't wait for S2 :D
Mar 22, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2008
Yes! Yes!! Yes!! Season 2 of Log Horizon to air this Fall!!! I feel like my boyfriend has gone away on a long trip and I'm waiting anxiously for him to return.

Nureha is a piece of work. I don't like this chick. Her subclass is Courtesan? Seriously?! She's nothing more than an enchanted whore! I'm so glad that Shiroe didn't fall for her trashy seduction. Although, I will admit that I was worried for a minute.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 22, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
damn so hyped for next year. this show is pretty legit. foxy lady as well. hue.
8/10
Mar 22, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
Akatsuki in twintails
Mar 22, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
KaedeKyl9 said:
Kazuhara said:
Could anyone tell me who was the fully armored knight with a Halberd in the last scene?
part
If I tell you, that would be spoiler, there ll be a lot of action in 2do season, al least the first part

Well, a spoiler on who was the knight is totally fine for me. So, who was the knight by the way? :)
Mar 22, 2014 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Kazuhara said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
Kazuhara said:
Could anyone tell me who was the fully armored knight with a Halberd in the last scene?
part
If I tell you, that would be spoiler, there ll be a lot of action in 2do season, al least the first part

Well, a spoiler on who was the knight is totally fine for me. So, who was the knight by the way? :)

He's a member of the City Guard in Akiba who would play an important role in the second season (his armour is a giveaway anyway). That's all that I'd say for now.
Mar 22, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
Kazuhara said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
Kazuhara said:
part

well, he is an npc, from the look of his amour he looks like one of the guards.
sorry, ima not spoil more, since it would reaally ruin the first part of season 2. really. just wait. or read the LN. seriously, it gets intense as we see why and how he does things and how the others will resolve this.

aaaanyways, after reading some comments, as a LN reader i have to notice:
the subclass of nureha is courtesan, to put it into a simple term, someone who gets money to accompany other guys (not necessary a prostitute, mostly woman serving alcohol to man on table and sitting with them). she got special abilities like charming other of the opposite gender.

for those who dont understand how she turns into the leader of the west, basically it is this:
- using her skills as courtesan to get money from the rich npc's and other leaders (similar like the duke from the east)
- buying the cathredal
- forcing every single person to join her guild plant hwyaden
-> which leads to no discrimination of big guilds towards smaller guilds, since all people are in one guild.
-> since she bought the cathredal, the place where everyone respawns after death, she can blacklist anyone and basically stop the respawn in the west. (basically all people die (?) when they are killed and blacklisted by her)
[i am not sure whether the people are truely death or just somehow waiting till she lift those from the blacklist and respawn instantly afterwards]

we notice this is an another possibility of ruling a city. in east we have the guilds with power forming an union and leading the people, rules are enforced with banning people from the guild hall. in the west one single guildleader forces everyone in her guild, also enforces her rules with banning people from the cathredal.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 22, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
A fun festival. And that phoenix wow. :D

They brought back the knee to the face in the final episode XD

Haha lol Nureha. Very unstable in many ways..
Yet another girl added to his harem.

xchee said:
Now that is one foxy lady XD! Mentally unstable, compulsive liar and obsessive behavior? Veeeery interesting.

That knee to the face actually made me smile. I missed it :)

That guy with Demikas, isn't that the Silver Sword dude who missed out on the Round Table?

If this ended without that season 2 announcement, I would have been really sad. Fall can't come soon enough.
- - - - -

I'm really glad I decided to check out this show. I must admit this was never really in my PTW for falll; I thought it was just another generic adventure .hack/SAO clone. Really glad I was wrong XD
It really took me back to my days of hardcore playing MMO days, it was really nostalgic. I love the extensive world-building, the way they explained game concepts and that it touched upon economy and politics. It never seemed slow to me as I enjoyed hearing the explanations :D There was no OP main character who does everything by himself. The world doesn't revolve around the main character either but instead the MCs adapt to the ever-changing world. That's what makes it so interesting; The world is so full of possibilities...and this is all thanks to Mamare Touno's masterful world-building.

Bottom line : this was a great series.

This.
Can't wait for Fall :D

More trouble afoot.
William joining up with Demikas..again Nureha's appearance, and another unknown character. As well as that guardian or w/e.. interesting.
SandyBoiMar 22, 2014 8:45 PM
Mar 22, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2009
Great anime!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. If I didn't know a second season was coming, I would have been sad that it had to end. But now I'm extremely excited for the next season! I think this was a pretty decent episode not much has happened, its just setting things up for the upcoming season and that's fine with me. Such a good journey with interesting characters and an intriguing story. One of the better animes this year that's for sure. Here's to a second season!!!!!! Cheers!

Mar 22, 2014 7:41 PM

Jan 2014
This and Golden time were the reasons I decided to start watching anime as soon as they came out of Japan and keep up with the seasons. I'm happy to say this series is one o my favourites by far and it has in some really really interesting characters. I can't wait for more.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.