3It was OK
9.3%
2Disliked it
5.6%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.3
107 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, parental bonding. I was expecting Hina's father to have done better with this operation tbh.

Hina's reunion with Aoba was not surprising to me though. I think she's starting to question her own place. Bizon spotted. I knew he'd point a gun @ Aoba. I sense insecurity and jealousy.
Stark700Mar 17, 2014 12:42 PM
Mar 16, 2014 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Attack begins. It's easy to steal the robots (defense is weak because of confusion). Father revealing that she's adopted when injured, and letting her go. The main guy inviting her to his side when hearing why she's confused. Her "boyfriend" got there in time to get her back. Reacting to each other and seeing each other's memories while trying to get them back.
tsubasaloverMar 16, 2014 8:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. The characters from both sides finally aware of each other's existence, especially Bizon. We get a glimpse of his descending to madness after the name Aoba was uttered to him for the first time. Childhood friend or not, Bizon is pretty creepy in his obsession and over-protective of Hina. Maybe he has romantic feelings for her as well.

So Hina was actually adopted from the battlefield. Finding out about her real family will be the reason for her to switch side. The only clue she has right now is the last name Yumihara that Aoba gave her.

The mission was a success for Zogilia. They have stolen the new Coupling Mech, leaving the other side with untested Coupling model. System malfunction has left Aobda and Dio access to each other's memory. This will make Dio the first person to believe Aboa's time travelling theory.
ThangLongMar 16, 2014 12:31 PM
Mar 16, 2014 12:23 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, another one of those stealing the enemy's robot kind of thing.
Mar 16, 2014 2:57 PM
Feb 2010
This epidose reminded me of yet another Gundam series. 0083 Stardust Memory
Mar 16, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it was an instant flashback from they memories when they did coupling system.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 16, 2014 9:32 PM

May 2013
Finally, someone will understand Aoba! That last scene was very important...

Poor Hina, goodbye NiseOtosan!
Mar 17, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
I love this anime but i think it will become a crap anime with this pace of story telling. I feel like 13 episodes is too short to cover up all the chaos going on right now.

Mar 17, 2014 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
Did anyone notice this?
ep.1
http://imgur.com/3hpRYXa
ep.11
http://imgur.com/H5usNKK

CodeSTMar 17, 2014 7:48 AM
Sorry for my poor english
Mar 17, 2014 8:27 AM
Jul 2013
CodeST said:
Did anyone notice this?
ep.1
ep.11

Or Hina could be from around the same area as Aoba is.. It was mentioned that the area was attacked 8 years ago, though I don't know how common it is for elementary schools and high schools to have similar uniforms.
Mar 17, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2012
Ah yes, the quintessential "enemy steals OP mech" episode, although it usually happens in the first episode of these types of shows. Really getting tired of the protagonists being on the defensive the entire 11 episodes. If they did any less they might as well just surrender to the bad guys. Really fricken annoying.

Not sure if Aoba could suck any more. Kira was a better MC than this tool.

Well, if this ends up being a split cour, hopefully the second season can turn the show around from this train wreck.
niaxatoMar 17, 2014 10:04 AM
Mar 17, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode :D

Loved the infiltration plan. It was really well done.

Hina's dad dying was a touching scene. Was definitely a BA

Some more bonding with Hina and Aoba. Bizon went totally mad at Aoba. He's getting more jealous by the second XD I can't help but lol when he gets pissed at thinking about HinaxAoba XD

The mecha have been stolen but it led to some pretty nice events with Aoba and Dio finding out about each other. Finally Dio will really believe him now and probably will know how he feels towards Hina...etc Can't wait to see how he'll react nxt ep. Hope they have a nice talk.

And Zogilia will be getting stronger soon with that Scientist guy getting the coupling cockpit. I wonder if they'll be able to find good enough pilots though?
Mar 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
good episode but what now? 2 episode left? Second season?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 17, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2013
Even when piloting those other mechs, they were able to do the coupling. Interesting that they saw each other's memories. Wonder how they will react to that.
Mar 17, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
The most plausible theory at this point is an infinite loop for Hina. One should immediately notice that when Hina was found by her father she was wearing her school uniform from Aoba's high school. Coincidence? Definitely not. The good news is that we now know Hina did not die in the time-space warp after sending Aoba into the future. The bad news is that we now have no idea how this infinite loop will be resolved. The sequence is like this:

1. Hina comes back from the future
2. Hina sends Aoba into the future
3. Hina is found by her father
4. Hina meets Aoba
5. Hina defects
6. Hina comes back from the future

Does that mean the two will never be able to be together for good? We'll see. But so far even though Sunrise has definitely been playing it safe, this series feels like there's still a lot to be explored. I personally don't like how this is a split season, but I'm pretty hyped for season 2 nevertheless.
Mar 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2012
Damn that was a good episode.
Mar 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
Best operation, sasuga fake daddy.. *CRINGE*
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Mar 17, 2014 11:45 AM
Sep 2012
trabeus1 said:
I love this anime but i think it will become a crap anime with this pace of story telling. I feel like 13 episodes is too short to cover up all the chaos going on right now.

Not going to be 13 episodes, I think. I haven't found the episode number confirmation anywhere except this site. So, basically, no one else knows; it was probably assumed. Way too good for 13 eps.

Plus, if they waited until now to release it on purpose, that means it's a major player for sunrise. If that's true, they'll draw it out a bit to make money on it.

Honestly, I'd watch 50 episodes, but it's likely only to reach 20.
Mar 17, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode!!!
Things starting to messed up for Hina :(
Mar 17, 2014 12:09 PM
Nov 2009
I liked this episode. It was obvious from the previous one that he wasn't Hina's real father imo. My only problem with this anime is a lot of the characters have lackluster backstories. It was a good episode even though Hina started having an identity crisis in the middle of a raid operation lol.

Next episode, people will finally believe Aoba's time travelling story.
Mar 17, 2014 12:35 PM
May 2010
Aoba is being stupid this eps, he could just capture Hina and solve things later.
Mar 17, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
Edon613 said:
CodeST said:
Did anyone notice this?
ep.1
ep.11

Or Hina could be from around the same area as Aoba is.. It was mentioned that the area was attacked 8 years ago, though I don't know how common it is for elementary schools and high schools to have similar uniforms.

The city that was mention by Hina's dad is Zagreb, which might be a fictionalized city of Zagreb in Eastern Europe and not Japan.

I think that theory about the real Hina being sent to the future ten years earlier than Aoba can be true.
Mar 17, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
1. More hina show time is needed. Loved the intensity/drama

2. Enemies finally get a win. Wonder when the time travel will be explained.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 17, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
I liked how they FINALLY understood some things about each other (at the end)
When the coupling system finally shared memories...

And I like the idea Hina is beginning to have 2nd thoughts... but... I don't see how this can end in 13 episodes.

Mar 17, 2014 2:06 PM
Feb 2009
ugh still barely any answers about this time travelling thing since ep 1
Mar 17, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2012
Well Dio should believe that Aoba is from the past now.
Mar 17, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2011
Dat reveal for Hina. Bizon grudge for Aoba has begun.

Dio will finally believe Aoba story.
Mar 17, 2014 5:52 PM
Mar 2014
Bizon is creepy.
Mar 17, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Haha Bizon's creepy mode is in overdrive.

I can't believe how Zogilia's owning their asses every single turn. The Cygnus always gets shot down, their bases always get attacked and now their new mechs have been stolen.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 17, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2009
Woah. It's like Hina's whole existence is a paradox.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2014 7:10 PM

May 2009
niaxato said:
Not sure if Aoba could suck any more. Kira was a better MC than this tool.

Well, if this ends up being a split cour, hopefully the second season can turn the show around from this train wreck.

What is wrong with him? He's pretty good protagonist, definitely best of recent mecha.

And learn what's trainwreck because you clearly don't know what are you talking about.
Flaecy said:
ugh still barely any answers about this time travelling thing since ep 1

It's obvious that it's related to coupling system.
Mar 17, 2014 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, Aoba and Dio's mechas got stolen.

Bizon was getting more jealous at Aoba x Hina moments.
Mar 17, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
Aoba is Hina's father as well as the scientist whose face was hidden in the photograph in an earlier episode.
EXPECT IT
Mar 17, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2008
I'll give the show credit, it actually has added some interesting parts to this time travel business. I didn't really expect Hina to be so tied into it. I assumed she was just a regular solider the first time around who got involved with Aoba, went to the past to save him and thus the loop began. But more going on here. This might be the answer as to where the Hina who sent Aoba to the future went. She was sent to the future, just not as far. Maybe Hina was originally from that place where her father found her. But with the time travel (ep1) Hina went to that point and because she already existed merged with the Hina that was there thus causing the memory loss. Apparently time travel was also kind enough to shrink down the school uniform for her :).

Just a strong episode overall. A solid mission by Zogilia, a pretty cool way to exit the stage for Hina's father, some serious drama for Hina, and perhaps Dio finally gets that Aoba was from the past.

While a lot of things have been set up I honestly think this has to go split-cour. Maybe if they really pushed the plot they could resume the time loop, but even that would be a stretch.
Mar 18, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
Luxon & Bradyon has been stolen, it's a good news.. there will be a new valiancer... XD , maybe ? :v
"Eye for an eye
a tooth for a tooth
and eternal sleep... for the Dead."

Heike`Code;02`

Mar 18, 2014 3:51 AM
Dec 2013
Geez im in love with this anime even more now! cant wait for next ep
Bizon super jealous
Aoba in serious mode is super badass!!
The old Coupling system > New coupling system

dragonair15 said:
Aoba is being stupid this eps, he could just capture Hina and solve things later.
Aoba isnt that kind of person and he wouldnt force hina.

Good Catch!!!
UchihaMar 18, 2014 3:55 AM
Mar 18, 2014 4:19 AM
Jan 2014
When Aoba gets serious he puts everything he has to reach his goal. Hes also the type of person who can easily depressed when he doesnt. People call him stupid because his relationship with Hina and because of the time travel problems.
He isnt a military person nor he will ever he always go out of his to protect someone even if it gets him into trouble. He went against gengos orders to protect someone who he clearly cares for. Hes fighting to protect everyone. He clearly told hina he doesnt want her to force her to do anything. Dio now believes Aobas story and he will defend Aobas choice he made and to prove be isnt crazy and he was telling the truth.
I think future Hina the one who came to the past wanted Aoba to reach out her thats the point knowing she would lose her memories and merge with the existing hina in that timeline. Aoba isnt stupid this was future hina wanted from the start.
Mar 18, 2014 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty good episode...but to think its that easy to infiltrate enemy bases...guess they planned it that well...or security was just too lax?

Hina was adopted, well, why am i not surprised? i think the real question is where does she come from? is she even from the same timeline as Dio? or as Aoba?

Bizon, the hate and jealous guy, comes to the rescue and takes Hina away...

and the part were there emphater waveforms rose to abnormal condition gave me goosebumps... xD

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 18, 2014 5:28 AM

Sep 2011
Not gonna lie, that was very exciting. I have to compliment how long the episode felt since they jam packed it with alot of content and kept up a pretty good pace to match that. I liked the characterization in this ep and this was the first time where the fights felt like they were entertaining since all the other ones just felt like pretty curb stomps.

Though a couple stupid things that dont detract too much but, why the hell did dio just stand around in the middle of the hallway in the gunfight against bizon, just use cover theres a wall right next to him. Also i didnt like how hina and aoba had their conversation right in the open during an enemy raid, aoba should had grabbed her and took her to secluded area like one of the room so they wouldnt had been caught by bizon or dio like they did

im hoping the 2nd half will continue showing more episodes like this

Shangetsu said:
Aoba is Hina's father as well as the scientist whose face was hidden in the photograph in an earlier episode.
EXPECT IT
im actually half expecting this, the thoughts crossed my mind alot that aoba is her gandfather or something

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 18, 2014 6:02 AM
Apr 2013
Ok I thought this episode showed that there is actual depth to the time travel. This episode was a major improvement for the series.
Mar 18, 2014 6:43 AM
May 2009
I did not notice the tatter school uniform...but now you mention it.. O_o

And where the hell did that cat hairpin come from?? Future Hina obviously didn't have it, but and future Hina got it from Aoba, but Aoba got it from Past Hina...the hairpin might be from the start of the timetravel loop.
Mar 18, 2014 7:05 AM

Feb 2014
Predictable episode. In the first episode we have seen Bizon wearing a helmet that is similar to the coupling system so from that episode alone I knew they will eventually capture the coupling machines.

This episode further proved that Zogilla is like the Nazi Germany and the Alliance is run by a bunch of idiots. The former is even worst because they just kills every alliance people and even go as far and swears to it.

Stop praising Hina's character because he just took three (3) soldiers and made three (3) family fatherless with his so-called "cool" death. That's not cool to me, unless you're a minor then I understand if that was cool for you.

I understand that the Alliance is losing the war so it's pretty much obvious that they have no choice but to go defensive. But that kind of gets annoying specially now that we have 11 episodes.

The episode is so, so but if you have low standard in which you take everything as it is without even questioning then you'll rate it to "i love it 5/5."
Mar 18, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2009
What? People actually liked this episode? I thought this was the worst one yet.
I knew her father was gonna die in some cheesy way and then comes the "I am not your father" trope >_>.

Hina's confused and actually considering betraying her friends and father to join Aoba, Aoba sprouting some more stupid crap and the rest of the fools listening to his stupid crap. This could compete with Valverave's first season's retardedness.

I am half expecting Aoba to be Hina's father.

Dropped the score from 7 to 6/10
AozureMar 18, 2014 7:57 AM
Mar 18, 2014 9:11 AM
Apr 2013
SithNoKami said:

Hina's confused and actually considering betraying her friends and father to join Aoba,

She gets to know that she was adopted over 10 years ago, and she does? Considers switching sides to another country... Who cares about her only (at least that she knows about) family, friends, comrades and duty, right?

SithNoKami said:
Aoba sprouting some more stupid crap and the rest of the fools listening to his stupid crap.

Alliance only weapon that gives them a chance against Zogiria (spelling?) gets stolen and you don't do anything about because some newbie from god-knows-where says that it was his friend? What's worse, we are getting the same situation every freaking second episode.

This complete lack of any logic in (pretty much all of the) cast behavior is killing this show.
Mar 18, 2014 9:19 AM
Aug 2012
The episode is quite good, i think the new coupling will create problems between Aoba and Dio;
said this, i really, really, don't know how they could finish this anime in 2 episodes :/
for this, I hope in a second season that explain much better all the anime situation, because it have a lot of outstanding questions.
Mar 18, 2014 9:35 AM
Mar 2014
I think this anime is going to end up trolling us and end with Hina going back to start the time loop again.
Mar 18, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2008
Bizon had Braydon (red mech) so that related to the first episode! It has to be!

Loving his jealousy face (lol). Nice ep.

But wait, where was the other dude who was in Luxon (o-O); Whatever happened, will we finally see Zogilia Coupling?!

Mar 18, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2009
shakeyourpup45 said:
Bizon had Braydon (red mech) so that related to the first episode! It has to be!

But wait, where was the other dude who was in Luxon (o-O); Whatever happened, will we finally see Zogilia Coupling?

No it was diffrent mecha, Koyasu build it.
That was hacker.
Mar 18, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
afnakfanfn said:
Predictable episode. In the first episode we have seen Bizon wearing a helmet that is similar to the coupling system so from that episode alone I knew they will eventually capture the coupling machines.

This episode further proved that Zogilla is like the Nazi Germany and the Alliance is run by a bunch of idiots. The former is even worst because they just kills every alliance people and even go as far and swears to it.

Stop praising Hina's character because he just took three (3) soldiers and made three (3) family fatherless with his so-called "cool" death. That's not cool to me, unless you're a minor then I understand if that was cool for you.

I understand that the Alliance is losing the war so it's pretty much obvious that they have no choice but to go defensive. But that kind of gets annoying specially now that we have 11 episodes.

The episode is so, so but if you have low standard in which you take everything as it is without even questioning then you'll rate it to "i love it 5/5."

Honestly I think you're a bit off the mark with this episode. I mean how on Earth did Zogilia end up as Nazis? They are no more patriotic than any other country in the middle of a major conflict. And they are attacking a base, casualties are kind of a given. Of course they are going to get rid of anyone that gets in the way. They are stealing key weaponry not going to a grocery store.

And yeah we should get on Hina's father for his death while ignoring the people who wanted to shoot someone they figured was already dead. That's cool after all, they were so going to go and get him medical care right?

If you don't like an episode, that's not a big deal. But don't pretend that people who do have inferior standards to your own.
Mar 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Well someone called it in the last thread about Hina's father not being her real dad. I for one stayed hopeful and thought that was her real father, I was mistaken.

I thought this episode was pretty damn great! I really enjoyed it from start to finish. It definitely seemed longer than what it was, and there was so much going on. The coupling part with Dio and Aoba was pretty nice. I loved it when they began to witness each others memories and the OST that went along with that made that part even more wonderful. Dio will finally believe Aoba and understand him more :) and vice versa. This episode truly made some plot developments and really pushed the anime forward for me. There are still many questions left unanswered but what fun would come from them giving us those answers right away? relax and enjoy, in due time they will reveal themselves.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

199 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.