Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Guin's opponents aren't as strong as they look, no competition there^^ It seems that Naris is having some problems in his side but nothing he can't handle i suppose. The isn't really any point in Amnelis cutting her hair, hopefully she knows what she's doing but it would be bad is she got killed off in battle.
ShanaFlameAug 30, 2009 7:41 PM
Sep 1, 2009 6:06 PM

Feb 2009
Told you so, I believe no one can rivaled Guin's strength at the moment.

So that's the face you make when you know you've been play uh Amenelis?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned; nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." I wish that applied to her but I don't think she can avenge her trampled honor.

István finally met the competition, but you shouldn't tell him to use you or you might meet a certain death.
Sep 11, 2009 9:09 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode, great developments and great direction, especially when Amnelis learns th truth. Istvan versus Aldo Naris will be awesome if that's what is foreseen in the preview for the next episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 11, 2009 10:34 AM

Jul 2009
Great! Amnelis now goes for yuri after being betrayed by Aldo... How awesome can that be?!

Another hair cutting scene again, and it was poorly done. Seriously, even Luke's hair cutting scene was more spectacular than Amnelis' and he was a BOY!!!

Also, LULZ to Skarl, he was too sexy for those Mongaul dudes to shoot straight. In fact, he turned 'em all gay just by looking at him or it was just like Sir. Translator said: "There must be something about white armor that caused people being unable to shoot straigth" 8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 11, 2009 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
Lately, Guin Saga's plot has became so ridiculous interesting to see. I haven't been so hype like this over plot development for so long since this season started. And when I realize that it is almost end it makes me so sad.

Again, I never like Amnelis and not even now but I must say that she has really done a great thing in this episode that many characters rather went to other the way when they are being put into this kind of situation. As for Aldo Naris, if someone were to say that he is the main villain in the series then I must agree with that person. And the direction in this episode is just making you ask for more.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 11, 2009 2:01 PM

Aug 2008
Overall, I really liked this episode, but there were two things that really bugged me: Guin killing two supposedly threatening assassins with just as many swipes of his sword, and Amnelis cutting her hair. The former because it seems to totally detract from the story (I have to guess that someone like Naris must be the one behind it all), and the latter because it is totally cliche.

That said, I really liked the way Naris worked in this episode, and I liked even more that his female knight called him out on his actions, and seems to be the only one able to see through him.

The way things are looking, we have Istovan the Ruiner firmly by Naris' side, so his clock is ticking. If he gets enough status and helps Parros' victory, and Remus arrive safely to Crystal, I'm sure he'll be quite far on gaining ground with Rinda. I guess now all Remus has to do is wait for a message to know what's going on and to march in.

I wonder if Amnelis will even make it to Crystal?
Sep 11, 2009 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
I am wonder if Istovan is going to bring misfortune upon Naris.

By having Amnelis brought fifty thousand army with her and left for Parros to wages a war which seems to be a losing war, and left her father alone who is seem be weakening and only waiting for someone to kill him off. I think mongaul is pretty much out of picture here. It could be interesting to see if Amnelis didn't make it to Crystal.

noteDhero said:
That said, I really liked the way Naris worked in this episode, and I liked even more that his female knight called him out on his actions, and seems to be the only one able to see through him.
I agree, it is pretty much that everyone who is on Naris's side is being used by him but she is the only person that on his side but want to be used by him and really see through him.

Sep 11, 2009 5:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yes, everything is now heading towards the conclusion of the reclamation of Parros story arc....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 11, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
You've got to let someone else have one of these threads one day, ShanaFlame. =\

Anyway, I enjoyed it when that woman with Naris called him out on his crap and proved immune to his moves.

Naris proved to be a hell of a character this episode, and those back in Mongaul finally caught on to his plans.

It also seems that Amnelis intended to come back with a vengance, but it was just Naris's luck that Skarl and his troops were there to intercept her as they were approaching Parros.

I imagine someone will invent a trope that white shirts can't shoot for anything, or perhaps compare it to Stormtrooper Accuracy.

Overall, a good episode.
Sep 11, 2009 8:44 PM
Apr 2008
My favorite arc so far though we havent seen guin in the action for the past few episodes. I really hope there would be a second season cause this show is amazing in terms of character development and plot.
Sep 12, 2009 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Wow A leopard man, a giant, and a midget duking it out what more could you ask for?....Great Episode
Sep 13, 2009 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
once agin they give amnelis control of an army and everything goes to hell
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 13, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
I don't know, would any of you fell in love with Aldo Naris if you were Amenelis? I mean would you believe a man whose country was invaded, his king and queen killed, got imprisoned and whipped?
Sep 13, 2009 1:29 PM

Oct 2007
If Amenelis actually fell in love with Naris then why would she care about those things? But if it is about logic then why would you ask about love anyway? Love and Logic are 2 different thing.

Sep 13, 2009 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
You guys are giving her way too much credit. This is a woman who hasn't made a single good decision throughout the course of the series. She wasted water in the middle of a desert to wash her hair for god's sake. She's a moron.
Sep 13, 2009 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
You guys are giving her way too much credit. This is a woman who hasn't made a single good decision throughout the course of the series. She wasted water in the middle of a desert to wash her hair for god's sake. She's a moron.

^ + >9000

Some of your quotes happened to be EPIC, you know that? LOL

Sep 13, 2009 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
Nope, I don't really think I am in any position that giving her that much credit. Every and single of her decision and action are always brought her to a downfall. But I did praise her about taking revenge on Naris in her manly way rather than a pitiful princess would do. And yeah this time she is going to bring a whole country to go down with her, I can see it is coming.

Sep 13, 2009 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
Siva said:
If Amenelis actually fell in love with Naris then why would she care about those things? But if it is about logic then why would you ask about love anyway? Love and Logic are 2 different thing.

THIS isn't logic it is common sense; anyone with half of brain would have seen it coming a mile away!

Amnelis is a damn fool I can't believe I even felt sorry for her!
Sep 13, 2009 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
@Siva
What I was trying to say was that in Amnelis' protozoan way, she was in love with Naris because she is simple. For the first time she was accosted with someone who put up with her bullshit and was prettier than her. That's all it took.

Either way, Amnelis is very simplistic. She's either hyper-masculine or hyper-feminine, lacking the intelligence to find a balance and actually be good at something.

@Bitch
Sep 14, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
And I actually thought that the fight gonna be furious.....
Anyway it's kinda getting interesting at the end.
Sep 15, 2009 8:59 PM
Jul 2009
I know it says this series will end at 26 but does anyone know why. I hear the author died but to my knowledge shes been writing these books for like 20 years they have to have more than enough reference to continue the series. I mean the series started after her passing so whats the big deal in it continuing. thanks to anyone with info.

Episode was kick ass, really wanna see who will become king first, AldoNaris, Remus or even Istovan.
Sep 15, 2009 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
SwiftBlaqness said:
I know it says this series will end at 26 but does anyone know why. I hear the author died but to my knowledge shes been writing these books for like 20 years they have to have more than enough reference to continue the series. I mean the series started after her passing so whats the big deal in it continuing. thanks to anyone with info.

Episode was kick ass, really wanna see who will become king first, AldoNaris, Remus or even Istovan.

B-U-D-G-E-T, man <_< It's the same old BUDGET issue all over again that screwed up and interrupted many good shows in the past. I was amazed at the good animation quality of Guin Saga, but it's damn expensive to keep this kinda good stuff up for a long time; unless it suddenly get popular like K-On or suddenly some Bill Gates dude got interested in this serie and decide to sponsor it. Otherwise, the future is rough for this EPIC serie, as sad as it sounds like =(

And my vote goes for... Istovan to become the first king, it's always interesting to see a nobody like him PWN the narcissit, okama Aldo and the shota Remus; being a pimp gives him a plus too... GO GO Istovan !!!

Oct 12, 2009 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:

So true. The woman has no sense of logic what so ever. And she's obviously no great commanter so why to they insist giving her all those big armies to command?
Anyway am really laughing of her mess. Guin kicked her ass and told her to go back to the kitchen, Naris played with her like a little toy and now Skarl is insulting her like Guin and throwing her of her horse making an fool out of her. She really is a punchbag.
Maybe she is better of killing her self.

BTW what happen to Astrias?
Feb 23, 2013 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh, Amnelis keeps making declarations and throwing her hair away to destroy her womanhood. However, she is NOT achieving any results.
May 14, 2015 8:37 AM

Oct 2014
Just when things got really interesting the anime is drawing to its end. Such a shame.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
May 22, 2015 2:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Amnelis is having one bad day. Unfortunately I don't think she's smart enough to do anything to reverse her situation.

Norisse is one scheming mofo.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 9, 2016 10:08 PM

Oct 2013
Amnelis is a joke. Lol, guin kill those fodder so quickly. Too easy.
May 5, 2018 6:34 AM

Jul 2008
Could we get back to the GUIN part of Guin Saga?
Aug 7, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2018
Well the fight between Guin and that small guy with his shadow was anticlimactic lol :d So Amnelis is back as a general? Damn cant wait for her to dissapoint once again kek

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.