Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2008 10:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This OVA was pretty weird but I wasn't exactly bored. 7/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 15, 2008 9:43 AM

Mar 2007
Aight tbh, this show was awful. I wanted to turn it off after 5 minutes of the first episode, but I didn't because there's just 2 episodes.
This will get nothing higher than a 4/10 from me. Congratulations, Tokyo Marble Chocolate; I think you're the first anime I've scored 4 in my completed list!
Jan 15, 2008 12:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, sorry to hear you didn't like it even though I told you it's okay.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 15, 2008 4:25 PM

Jan 2007
thats a shame, i liked this OVA. I liked Chizuru's story more but Yuudai's past relationships were funnier. (7/10)
Jan 15, 2008 4:28 PM

Jan 2008
hm I liked it.. Twas interesting

The first ED song reminded me of the first Bleach OP~ I want the mp3 T__T
Jan 15, 2008 9:50 PM

Aug 2007
I loved these episodes... especially the mini-donkey and the past relationship examples... Chizuru totally destroyed that one guy's mother... XD

Hard to say which was my favorite... I really enjoyed seeing Chizuru's side, being able to see why things happened to Yuudai (watched his part first), and it was interesting to see the mindset she was in for the entire episode. But I really liked Yuudai's part 'cause I was able to relate fairly well... They were both amazing to me, though. =P

I need to find the mp3s for those endings, too. I don't know why, but they struck me as really good songs.
Jan 17, 2008 1:38 AM

Jan 2008
I think it was ok. The idea is good, but somehow it was not very interesting. Mini-donkey is essential part of the story, some funny episodes...anyway, it's fine anime :)
Jan 17, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
OMG T_T i almost cried..the art really did its part..it was really nice to look at..it added something to the story..im confused though which is episode 1..is it yuudai's point of view or chizuru's?

anyways..i loved chizuru's side..i can somehow relate to it..*sniff* after watching the show it made me want to call my boyfriend or something..T_T

The Ultimate Procrastinator...Eye Patch Crazy...

Jan 17, 2008 1:42 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
shikakage said:
..im confused though which is episode 1.

Chizuru's story is episode 1.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 17, 2008 1:58 PM

Mar 2007
I really loved both of these. I didn't know which was episode 1 or 2, so I watched her side first. Both sides were so cute :D I felt all warm and fuzzy afterwards ^_^
Jan 17, 2008 1:58 PM

Oct 2007
ok thanks..^_^

The Ultimate Procrastinator...Eye Patch Crazy...

Jan 21, 2008 7:36 PM

Sep 2007
Just got around to watching it. I like it and the music. The two songs are on my iPod now.
Jan 22, 2008 8:20 AM

Jul 2007
this was great :O
not the most AMAZING movie i've ever seen, but it's up there
it's really interesting how you can start with either the girl or boy version and still get whats going on
tho, the boy version was a lot nicer, emotional, and just better than the girl version

great music too

8/10
very well thought up, but not the best thing i've ever seen
Jan 22, 2008 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
MagicalEmi said:
I really loved both of these. Both sides were so cute :D I felt all warm and fuzzy afterwards ^_^

Pretty much my sentiments. The previous dating experiences were lol, and I liked the different art style.
Feb 24, 2008 4:37 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
shikakage said:
..im confused though which is episode 1.

Chizuru's story is episode 1.

Oops! I watched them in reverse order then. Strangely enough I liked her side of the story better than his side. But I suspect my opinion would've been different if I had watched them in the correct order. Odds are I would've been thinking that she was the dolt instead of him if I had watched the "she" side of the story first.

Anyways, I think the show worked on its strongest quality, the charm factor, and therein lies its strength. I don't think they tried to make it anything beyond a simple and sentimental story. It's sweet, mushy and adorable. Good enough for me.
Mar 21, 2008 2:52 AM

Apr 2007
This was amazing, great stuff. Im a real sucker for this kind of animation ^^'', and a weird interesting story intertwining with another is my thingo too. 9/10.

I for one liked Chizuru's episode more :P, another great work from production i.g
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2008 3:47 AM

Oct 2007
loved it, wonderful animated, i know for first time you look at the animation, its a bit weird, but after a few min you know that this fits perfect to the chars, clumsy chars -> clumsy animation, and a really lovely story ...

9/10
Apr 30, 2008 8:46 PM

Jul 2007
Looks like I watched them in the wrong order of course, but I think it worked better for me. Chizuru's episode was more dramatic and introspective, so it made the wrap up at the end more meaningful. I liked how all the secondary characters crossed paths with both lead characters at different times throughout the two days. Clever approach to telling the story. Nice show.
Aug 25, 2008 5:59 AM
Jul 2008
i totally agree with previous comment that praised animation ! loved it!

and this is one of the few anime that had well dressed characters!? modern fashion ^^

donkey was a transvestite..
Oct 26, 2008 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
Faust721 said:
I liked Chizuru's story more but Yuudai's past relationships were funnier.

shoganai said:
I liked how all the secondary characters crossed paths with both lead characters at different times throughout the two days. Clever approach to telling the story. Nice show.

totally agree! and i LOVED the animation!!! i think....8/10? or 9/10? it moved me to tears.... :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 7:47 AM

Jan 2008
I liked how both these episodes told the same story from a different viewpoint and still managed to be interesting. But I can't say I was really that drawn into the romance part of it.

shegoblin said:
donkey was a transvestite..
HAHA, yes, now that you mention it..
Dec 10, 2008 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Truly a hidden gem I must say, loved it!
Dec 21, 2008 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
This anime series was terrible... It would have been better if it was about a REAL relationship with INTELLIGENT characters. The show would have been better if it didn't assure the viewer that the relationship would never last in the long run and is just one of those "twenty something" couples that break up after a few months. X(
Jul 17, 2009 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
That was a nice series. Quite interesting seeing the same events but from the other's perspective. Too bad we never heard him say "I love you" at the end.
Aug 17, 2009 3:36 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
aero said:
Too bad we never heard him say "I love you" at the end.
i agree :\

this episode was nice too. i liked seeing his perspective on what happened.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 24, 2009 3:18 AM

Dec 2008
It certainly wasn't masterpiece, but it was a good anime, funny and entertaining.
Chizuru history was the best, her past relationships had such a hilarious endings.
I wrote it before, but I totally love the animation. And the idea of showing the same history from two different aspects...I really like it:)
Jan 12, 2010 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
Yuudai's ex-girlfriend disasters were almost as funny as Chizuru's past, especially where he was saved from the punks.

Love that we get to see the story from Yuudai's pov, really helped complete the story. So it was meant to be a rabbit... but mini-donkey all the way XD Also lol at thinking she was having an affair with mini-donkey, and later apologising to him!

All in alll a sweet slice of life with a twist which makes you smile with it's light humour.
Jan 30, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
The first one = fail. The second one = less fail.
It's all too cliché and exaggerated.
6/10.
May 16, 2010 4:15 PM
Mar 2010
Nice seeing both of their story, Love tha donkey z3
May 16, 2010 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Nice OVA series. It was different than the manga but they are both good in different ways. 8/10
May 21, 2010 7:57 PM

Apr 2009
Interesting little OVA, a good 50~ minutes spent. I'm giving this thing a 8/10. Most of the things I didn't like probably carried over because of my watching drawn out TV series. I'm more used to slow and developed series. This episode is my favorite of the two, just because I can relate more (male bias ftw).
Jun 30, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2010
i liked the second part than the first one .. ^_^
This ova made me feel warm ..
i'm really happy i came across it ..
and the art was really good .. ^^v
May 22, 2011 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yuudai’s side was much better than Chizuru; for me, at least. I found it hilarious.

It was a nice experience. Sweet, cute and full of fuzzy feelings. Whilst not the best thing you’ll watch in your life, it assures a good handful of fluff and enjoyment for anyone who likes romance.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 11, 2011 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
I thought this was adorable! I really liked the story; I was in the mood for a sweet, short romance. And I liked the animation a lot (once I got past the ears ;_;). The mini donkey was an odd addition, but it served it's purpose and made for some hilarious events.

I find that I preferred Yuudai's episode. Even though both characters had shoddy past relationships, Chizuru's were just a matter of bad luck, while Yuudai actually had issues expressing himself. I liked being able to see him overcome that obstacle. Even if we never heard him say "I love you." :)
Jul 4, 2013 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
The Donkey-cupid was adorable.

In retrospect I think I would enjoy it more if I had watched Yuudai's part first and then Chizuru's.
Oct 3, 2013 3:27 AM

Apr 2009
Miniroba made it all happen. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 26, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
Giving this a generous 7/10 because I'm left with a good impression. First episode was all over the place and weak but the second one made up for it. Could have been better as a series, with more developed characters and plot and definitely, take out the girls perspective because it was rather boring. The second episode (male POV) was a lot better executed, with better pacing, better dialogue and was just a lot more well-rounded compared to the first one.
Dec 7, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2012
You don't see this often but I sure love how they showed the story from both sides! Either way a short and weird but strong OVA!
Dec 27, 2013 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
I wish there was more to this ova than 2 episode. I really enjoyed this ova even though the male MC made me mad sometimes, because his he really needs to say how he feels a little quicker next time before he loses his girlfriend.

Great OVAs!!!
Dec 30, 2013 1:14 AM

Feb 2011
Lovely OVAs

Loved the first ending , also I liked the concept of girl/boy vision.

8/10
Apr 20, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2012
I just adore this little series.. It's so sad yet so charming, seeing the same thing from two perspectives was really great to see.

And the artwork is just so damn cute!!
Nov 14, 2015 11:43 PM

Dec 2014
the little series was good I specially liked the animation style
Jun 13, 2016 9:52 PM
Feb 2011
Oh my god these people switch girlfriends and boyfriends like changing out clothes and break up over the most trivial things. You'd think they ought to know a person better before diving into a relationship. This was so cringing.
Aug 27, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2015
Love doesn't need words, but still... Why didn't you say it to her in the end? Don’t get me wrong... I'm sure he'll say it after the hug, and maybe kiss a little, and maybe have some sexy time but come on man, say it!

This was well worth watching. It's a good love story and it's only 2 episodes long, so it's not like you lose anything. Give it a try!

shoganai said:
I liked how all the secondary characters crossed paths with both lead characters at different times throughout the two days. Clever approach to telling the story. Nice show.
This...
Mar 24, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2017
I found it nice that we both see their perspectives. Chizuru wanted to break up but eventually changed her mind. Yadai didn't get to say what he wanted to say (Although, it would be nice if he did.) but I guess not all things need to be said for it can be felt.

The mini-donkey is like a match maker. Mini-donkey made sure that they will still continue their relationship. I wish mini-donkey has his own short episode. I just want to know what he was thinking.

I love the art style. It's so pretty and calming.
yooooooobiMar 24, 2017 4:41 AM
Sorry for my English.
Jan 21, 2018 12:58 PM

Nov 2016
As good as the first episode.

Not much to say,but that I liked the concept of showing to different perspectives with different problems.Got a bit teary eyes at the end.

And I loved the ending song,that one was really great.

7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2018 11:13 PM

May 2016
Cute animation, likeable characters and original storytelling, it's a shame to be so short.
Jul 18, 2019 11:56 PM

May 2015
I'm still waiting for episode 3
Mini-donkey's perspective
Dec 16, 2020 1:00 PM

Aug 2017
All (?) of Yuudai-kun's girlfriends were shorter than him, apparently (except for Miki)

I really dig the city design in 2.5D (?). The posters on the buildings are also pretty detailed.

Wasn't there a present tied to a balloon during the Tokyo Tower scene? Why was there another one in the donkey's mouth then?

What did Chizuru say before leaving the Tower? Maybe "we have to part now" or something like that. Those men should've told Yuudai! And I wonder how did he manage to find her...it's not like the footsteps were there from the beginning, right? Or were they?

That birthday mini-donkey in the credit sequence was way too cute. Just like the whole story. I love to witness more or less the same events from different perspectives, it's not a popular way to tell a story.
St0rmbladeDec 16, 2020 1:04 PM
Feb 20, 2021 10:50 PM

Dec 2012
Just to get this out of the way, that mini-donkey is a straight up vision of hell. Was it wearing a diaper?

Well, this turned out to be a real treat. Splitting the story in half between the perspectives of Yuudai & Chizuru helps to show how hard it is to piece the entire picture together when you don't have the entire context. It's easy to forget that the characters only have limited information when storytelling usually offers the audience a holistic view of character motives & the events surrounding them. The art style was very decorative & vividly light, which fit the equally exuberant mood like a glove.

And as much as I want to mock the mini-donkey, he was the wild card that allowed Yuudai and Chizuru's feelings to finally connect. The ending is a particularly romantic touch as Yuudai holding out Chizuru's gift expressed more than the words "I love you" could say.

7.5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Marble Chocolate Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 14, 2008

29 by DeonX »»
Sep 14, 2022 8:22 AM

Poll: » MINI DONKEY!!!!

spudnick2010 - Oct 4, 2010

0 by spudnick2010 »»
Oct 4, 2010 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.