Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 14, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Shit!!! They fuckin did it! They made me cheer for Satone (Which obviously will lose T_T)...She's officially a better character than Rikka for me.

same here, but I like her more than Rikka from beinging.
Shichimiya and Nibutani >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rikka
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 14, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2012
What kind of retarded people still liking Rikka? That girl is literally the worst character. Shicimiya should be the main heroine and Nibutani was such a bro. Sasugay Kyoani.
Mar 14, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I think it's time to stop watching series from KyoAni. They already sunk to J. C. Staff level with quality of characters and stories. It has been already 1,5 year since they made something actually worth watching.

Seriously, this show fails both as a comedy and romance most of the time. Maybe it would work as drama with someone trying to help these poor children with their delusions...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 14, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2009
Amble said:
What kind of retarded people still liking Rikka? That girl is literally the worst character. Shicimiya should be the main heroine and Nibutani was such a bro. Sasugay Kyoani.

What kind of reterded people starts hating Rikka only because some pinkshit cries like a bitch? Fucking plot device that suddenly gets characterization. How 10 episodes of being useless retard suddenly makes her better?
Antanaru said:
Seriously, this show fails both as a comedy and romance most of the time. Maybe it would work as drama with someone trying to help these poor children with their delusions...

Director and series compositor clearly don't care. They have gayshit for Summer and Takemoto+Gotoh for Fall.
Mar 14, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
I liked the first season, but I find myself disliking everyone except Makoto, Kumin and Shichimiya. Dekomori/Mori Summer is getting annoying. I still like Kumin, but she doesn't really do much. I kind of wish they had Makoto chasing after her like in the first season, but they made him into a cheap one liner per episode kind of character.

I'm not sure what happened this season, but I was eagerly anticipating it and I've only felt disappointed with the outcome.

Everyone is still at the same place, while Shichimiya has grown considerably as a character.
[/center]
Mar 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
This season offers nothing new. It's the same shit with a weak love triangle. I might be slightly retarded to keep watching but hey it's only 2 more episodes.

Mar 14, 2014 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Jeez. I love this show as hell. But. Let's say something (I do not think many people think just like me so... don't hate me please ♥) - I love Rikka and Yuuta relationship more than Satone and Yuuta's - I mean. I fell totally in love with that pink-haired-girl, overflowed by her feelings and really, really. She's such an enjoyable character. But no matter how I see it, I still go for Yuuta/Rikka.
Why.
Simply. Let's return to season one, okay ? I am just as scared as you about Rikka, cause' she had learnt so much about being a girl, and not just the 8th grade-ill-girl lately. (moreover, Satone just freakin' came to her and yelled her "you can't be his lover this way") So. Yes. This is not going to be okay if Rikka keeps hidding behind her umbrella - and I am so frustrated about Yuuta choices to let her act like a child. Just carry her everywhere, you know ?
So. I think Satone is what will make Rikka change her mind, literally explode (like during the first season) Her mask, her little childish role it's all about, "I'm afraid I keep falling in love with you". So what I expect now, is for Yuuta to make her get that they LOVE each other and that they're not kids. Not anymore.
(Sorry. French level.)
Mar 14, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
Poor Satone. Kudos to her for being so courageous. But heck, Yuuta just ruined her victory.
To be honest, this is the most interesting episode so far, they should've executed this part of the story early on. However, no matter how dramatic this segment might be, we'll be back to square one by the 12th episode. Meh.
Mar 14, 2014 5:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DGemu said:
Took 10 episodes to get me interested.

;/

Same here, was falling asleep most of the time with the other episodes. But I'm glad I kept watching because Satone has become a really interesting character.

Smashking said:
I feel so bad for Shichimiya.

I underestimated her. I thought her inclusion in this season would be nothing more than adding yet another romance rival to a romance anime. But she turned out to be more than that. Unlike most other romance rivals, she actually knows that loving Yuuta is wrong because he is in a relationship with Rikka already. She has accepted that she missed her chance with Yuuta. She wants to fight her feelings over him instead of letting them take over her.

Basically why I like Satone. Usually I don't like love rivals but she's quite unique in her role as a love rival. It was difficult to watch her internal battle at the end with Yuuta, my eyes were tearing up for her.
Mar 14, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting episode, i feel bad for Shichimiya...
Mar 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Nov 2013
And KyoAni said there wasn't gonna be a love triangle. Shit's getting serious. Poor Sophia...
Mar 14, 2014 8:28 PM
Aug 2011
Shichimiya has had more of a development in 2 episodes than Rikka has in 2 seasons.

I used to dislike Shichimiya at one point but now I want to be the victor of this triangle.
Sadly that has about a 0% chance of happening.

Actually now I just want Rikka to get together with Satone and Yuuta can dissapear and never come back anymore.

Chuunibyou has gone to hell. The finale can't come fast enough.
Mar 14, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, poor Isshiki. You know a character have been put completely away when the only time he appear in 4-5 episodes last 15 second and the character doesn't even remember him xD

Also, Yuuta, you really are oblivious... But yeah, except all the time she blush when she see him and the very last scene, she made nothing to show her feeling so I can forgive him.

Well, it was a good episode in overall. I don't really know why Rikka sister asked Nibutani and company to discover Shishimiya real feeling, but they did it anyway. I found it kinda awkward that the gang get involved so much in the feeling of someone they barely know :P

What is Rikka doing all these night? I hope there is a big revelation, that it have a link with ''awaking the dragon'' and that it make their relationship go to another step.

About Shishimiya, well... You know... I wasn't really attached to her, but damn, that last scene was hard to look at. When he came back with the umbrella and she started to cry, her face looked like she had been stabed in the chest. Also, seeing depressed on that balcony... I hope they can all make it out without too much scars :/

I think the real problem, and the thing that could solve everything, is that Yuuta and Rikka don't have a real relationship. They have that kind of childish relationship that you see in primary school. With this knowledge, Shishimiya can't turn the page, since she still have a chance, but doesn't want to be the ''bad girl''...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 14, 2014 10:50 PM

Feb 2014
VGFACTCHECKER said:
already know where this is heading. Eyepatch finds pink hair and dude making out she runs and says she is moving out. Credits ep 12.

HA! I wish. Satone is best girl for me. But we all know how its going to end =/ I always have a thing for rooting for the girl who probably wont ever end up with the guy.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
Mar 14, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2009
parfaited said:
Shichimiya has had more of a development in 2 episodes than Rikka has in 2 seasons.

What the hell are you talking about?
Mar 14, 2014 11:49 PM
Aug 2011
Over-exaggeration obviously, but hell it's practically been going that way anyway.
No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Well, i'm not really interested in this series anymore.
I'll remember the first season fondly and this can get lost amongst all my other forgettable series.
standMar 14, 2014 11:57 PM
Mar 15, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
parfaited said:

Actually now I just want Rikka to get together with Satone and Yuuta can dissapear and never come back anymore.

I'm with you bro! Yuri ending FTW! XD
Mar 15, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2012
So it seems Shichimiya finally realizes her feelings for Yuuta despite the fact that Yuuta and Rikka are in love. I honestly felt bad for Shichimiya because i know how it feels to be that in that situation. I guess we are down to the final 2 Episodes for Season 2. I hope there will be more Drama this time instead of Fillers. Season 1 felt more exciting to watch than this Season in my opinion.
Mar 15, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2013
I feel so bad for Shichimiya :(
Mar 15, 2014 4:51 AM

Feb 2013
This episode made me feel so bad for pink hair.

Great episode, sad to see this anime coming to an end again.
Mar 15, 2014 6:34 AM

Dec 2011
All the feels. A surprise attack! Damn. I really can't wait to see if Shichimiya really makes her move towards Yuuta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
I really don't like this girl, but it's sad for her.
Mar 15, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
this love triangle....
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Mar 15, 2014 10:17 AM
Feb 2014
Wow i hate her laugh

Hmm my psychic powers tells me that its going to end like To Love Ru
The Dark Flame Master Harem where everyone is one and happy
I only read books i have already read
Mar 15, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
I'm only one who donb't like that rika, with her action in this season??? at least last few episodes with collecting coins and diving too much chunbyo "dimension" she's going more away from yuuta she's dumb totally, dumb like yuuta who can;t understand ppl's feelings and act little more mature who left behind chunbyo world behind?, two pair of shoes ........

Poor schimiya, if yuuta was little more smart he would had seen it
wex89Mar 15, 2014 11:42 AM
Mar 15, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2012
I wonder if there are any shows I could watch where I would actually agree with the main character about which girl he should end up with.
Mar 15, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
How come the sticker falls of when when no water is around but stays on when Shichimiya was standing under that waterfall thingy.
And why Was Touka the first one to notice Shichimiya is in love with Yuuta when she isn't even close to her while the others that know her better didn't even notice not to mention how obvious it was?

Well at least Yuuta made it clear that Rikka is the one for him even tho he didn't realise Shichimya's feelings at all.
Making his feelings clear makes him a good MC, not picking a girl isn't kindness it's cruelty.
And telling the other girls your feelings for the girl you picked is kindness even if the wont like it at first.
My point, most harem MC's are cruel cowards.
Mar 15, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
When the series started I very much disliked Shichimiya as a character. However as the series has gone on she has grown on me. I now find myslef, especially after this episode wanting her to be with Yuuta instead of Rikka.

I know it wont happen so this episode made me feel so bad for her.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
Hnnnnnnnngggggggg Satone is incredibly cute, gotta feel bad for her. This dude is insanely lucky to have 2 girls that are this obscenely cute love him.
Mar 15, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2009
Man, I really wish Shicimiya could get her happy ending. In fact, I root for her. Rikka is way too boring.
Mar 15, 2014 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so painful to watch for me. Way too painful. Poor Satone, i seriously feel sorry for her. ;;
Now she's officially much better than Rikka for me and my favorite girl.
Also, blushing Satone was so cute.
Mar 16, 2014 1:04 AM

Jan 2011
daysun22 said:

Rikka and Yuuta have more of a father-daughter relationship, but with Satone it was always a lot more mature. Truth be told, even if Rikka is cuter, Satone is a much better character. Kinda want her to win in the end, but we all know that ain't happening

Yup. Feel the same way. Just her holding everything back, just for her friend.. ;c
Mar 16, 2014 3:06 AM

Oct 2013
Poor Shichimiya. Trying to fight her feelings for Yuuta and almost succeed if not for that surprised attack. Oh how I wish they end up together but obviously thats not going to happen.
Mar 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
waaaw, this has to be the best episode yet from this season. I like Sophia from the very beginning, so more of her is always appreciated. Cute and sad.
Mar 16, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
I'm sorry but I voted a 1.

Togashi is so heartless this season, Satone has been holding the tears in for way too long and he doesn't even notice. I just had to facepalm this episode.

It was a good episode that advanced the plot into another dark hole, which is a good thing, since the first season did the same.

I don't know why but for the first time in anime history Satone's laugh just throws me off. I still love her though <3

Still questioning on what Rikka is going to do when she revives the Dark Flame Dragon (or whatever it is, not sure exactly)... but right now I can't make any sort of predictions...
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 16, 2014 11:27 PM

Dec 2010
This episode did have a lot of feels in it! Although I vastly prefer Rikka, seeing Shichimiya cry and try to fight her feelings was sad...

I wonder where they will go from here?
Mar 17, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Satone pisses me off -.- and the whole episode was about her yyyyy
wasn't unexpected,
I was going to be sooo mad if they kissed when he came back and handed her the umbrella
half expected it
this episode overall it was ok for me
[/quote]
Mar 17, 2014 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode, best of this season so far.

I really really like Rikka, but I still don't feel satisfied with the situation.
I guess Shichimiya deserves yuuta more so far :/
Mar 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode indeed... kinda sad that he'll pick rikka. =l

Shichimiya > rikka imo..
Mar 17, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
Ouch.
Mar 17, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2014
Grefan said:
Shichimiya > rikka imo..

Seconded.
Mar 17, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2009
_Core said:
I really really like Rikka, but I still don't feel satisfied with the situation.

RedHazard said:
Grefan said:
Shichimiya > rikka imo..

Seconded.

Why? Because she cries like a bitch?
Mar 17, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2011
Not a bad episode.

RedHazard said:
Grefan said:
Shichimiya > rikka imo..

Seconded.

+1
Mar 17, 2014 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
_Core said:

RedHazard said:
Grefan said:
Shichimiya > rikka imo..

Seconded.

It's just chuunibyou, calm downs please!
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 17, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
_Core said:

RedHazard said:
Grefan said:
Shichimiya > rikka imo..

Seconded.

To be fair, because Satone is upgraded version of Rikka. She is more mature, has self-awareness, more outgoing, can handle normal conversation, and way smarter.

Also, this episode was handled very beautifully. Every exposition on Satone trying to fight her feelings against Yuuta is just based. There's not a lot of triangle has this kind of development. And I do hope Satone able to conquer herself and the series ended with satisfaction and big round applause with modified ending being different from the LN.

Anyway, 4/5 episode, I liked it. It would be better if DFM able to sense something from Satone, but it would turned out very ugly in the next episode. So, yeah.
Mar 18, 2014 3:27 AM

May 2009
allflying said:
To be fair, because Satone is upgraded version of Rikka. She is more mature, has self-awareness, more outgoing, can handle normal conversation, and way smarter.

Also, this episode was handled very beautifully. Every exposition on Satone trying to fight her feelings against Yuuta is just based. There's not a lot of triangle has this kind of development. And I do hope Satone able to conquer herself and the series ended with satisfaction and big round applause with modified ending being different from the LN.

Anyway, 4/5 episode, I liked it. It would be better if DFM able to sense something from Satone, but it would turned out very ugly in the next episode. So, yeah.

Holy shit how can you be more wrong. Her whole existance is proof how shitty is writing in this season.
She is one of most lazily introduced character - "seemingly" like Rikka, osanajimmie, without any foreshadowing in previous season and she suddenly loves him again.
Plot device of worst kind. Only to created conflict that everyone know how it will end. Three episodes before the end!
Mar 18, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
joining the Shichimiya>Rikka Club!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 18, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
allflying said:

Holy shit how can you be more wrong. Her whole existance is proof how shitty is writing in this season.
She is one of most lazily introduced character - "seemingly" like Rikka, osanajimmie, without any foreshadowing in previous season and she suddenly loves him again.
Plot device of worst kind. Only to created conflict that everyone know how it will end. Three episodes before the end!

You mean: Satone didn't get enough exposition to blow her character up and just be used as a last minute drama? We don't know her school, we don't know whether she is popular or not, bullied or not (ie. searching for her lost bag in school trip ALONE? Now, tell me she is not being bullied!), heck we don't even know about her parents or siblings.

Well, I'm agree with you. But it only deteriorate from the plot writing alone. And as far as "character" goes, Satone > Rikka in all aspect except Tyrant's Eye > Sophia Saturn VII.

Satone's feeling is not sudden. As brief as it might be, Satone has longer mileage in relation with DFM. Her feelings from the past is in buds (not necessarily gone) before she suppressed it to not to bloom. In this episode however, she failed because of sudden attack by DFM. But yeah, not enough exposition. We need more Satone & Yuuta interaction to fleshed out more of her feelings.
Mar 18, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2009
allflying said:
You mean: Satone didn't get enough exposition to blow her character up and just be used as a last minute drama? We don't know her school, we don't know whether she is popular or not, bullied or not (ie. searching for her lost bag in school trip ALONE? Now, tell me she is not being bullied!), heck we don't even know about her parents or siblings.

You see how shitty is writing, we know shit about her, there are no hints that she is bullied, she may completely ignored and her parents suppose to exist.

allflying said:
Well, I'm agree with you. But it only deteriorate from the plot writing alone. And as far as "character" goes, Satone > Rikka

You are wrong, Rikka was developed for over 20 episodes while Shichimiya was supporting character, a plot device that helped Rikka stop being anxious - she stopped seeing her as enemy and started as friend, especially that she supported her. BUT then suddenly writers went full retard and reggressed Satone to "villain of the story", just like Touka and mother were in first season.
allflying said:
Satone's feeling is not sudden. As brief as it might be, Satone has longer mileage in relation with DFM. Her feelings from the past is in buds (not necessarily gone) before she suppressed it to not to bloom. In this episode however, she failed because of sudden attack by DFM. But yeah, not enough exposition. We need more Satone & Yuuta interaction to fleshed out more of her feelings.

There won't be more of her feelings because two episodes left, she can only deal with it and/or challenge Yuuta to prove his feelings for Rikka.
bastek66Mar 18, 2014 7:05 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

223 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.