Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I'm happy Yato is back to his usual cherry self again.

Looks like Hiyori is being followed around quite a bit. I have to say her yukata looks pretty :3
That festival does looks sort of fun imo. The action was okay I guess, pretty typical though. Still, I thought Yato and Yukine's teamwork to be near flawless. Nora's presence with Hiyori isn't very fun to watch imo since the former still wants Yato to come to him.
Mar 9, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character helping out and asks her for teaching. Now they are visiting those who helped out. About that rumored shinki, just for warning. So Yato didn't know how to solve her problem.

Rumored killing god (original character), and hatsumoude time. That ex-shinki doesn't want the main girl with Yato now and cut the bond that he was afraid of doing.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 2014 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
Now I think there won't be a second season... :(
Mar 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
Yuka770 said:

The manga is not too advanced for a second season and same than the anime will finish before a great moment in the manga.
Mar 9, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2009
great ep loved the fight against the ayakashi and the crying on the beginning yato is soo cute sobbing around

and now hiyori cant remember them !! cant wait for the rabo vs yato fight next ep :D
Mar 9, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2013
Hiyori lost her memories of them. Lord Rabo has come to kill Yato. Can't wait to see them both fight it out.
Mar 9, 2014 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
still want to feel hiyori up
Mar 9, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Mar 9, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
Was this really a AO ep? (Well I know it is) But the transition was nice really nicely.
Props to Bones.

I would've wished they didn't use the amnesia trope though :(...Damn u Nora. I really like u and ur mysterious teasing aura but what u did to Hiyori wasn't nice >~<

Poor Hiyori. Well at least Yato didn't adhere to Tenjin's advice of breaking ties with Hiyori. That would have been too sad.

Now is a good chance for him to do so as she doesn't remember him anymore but glad that he doesn't seem to be doing that from the PV :D Good to see her getting close to them again ^^...Hope her memories come back!!! Wonder what Nora did to her though??

Hyped for nxt ep. Rabo vs Yato looked epic :D

As for the fun parts...really glad Yukine has become so likable again :D He's working hard to earn Yato some money XD And even wants to study :D...And how he now finally respects Yato and is forming an awesome combo with him in fights :D

Lol'd at Hiyori and Yato crying for him like parents seeing their child grow ^^

He should really be happy man. After seeing what Tenjin does to his Regalia O_O
No mercy hehe ^^;

Kofuku's 10 mil was so hilarious XDXDXD. Kofuku really is the god of poverty hahaha. Poor Hiyori, She's already in debt. Well at least Student discount made it 1 mil XD

Daikuko wondering which school of fighting Hiyori was from was so lol XD

I didn't get Rabo's reaction to Yato beating those Ayakashi. Was that disappointment? I don't see any reason to be so since Yato kicked ass so easily.

Anyway...Nora and Rabo give off so many bad vibes. Hope nothing bad happens by the end of this.

On a side note. Yato. U really have too many wasted talent. Dat art XD
And I just can't help but love Hiyori's wardrobe. Really variable and all fit her so much <3
Mar 9, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
Nora's voice is my #1 annoying voice of all time,so it makes so easy to hate her more.

Damn,they don't really follow the manga,but I'm not complaining.
Mar 9, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Good thing that Yukine and Yato are in good terms now, they began to work together on that fight scene during the second half... badass. Rabo is on the move and going to kill Yato. Nora is really bad to the next level.

Oh damn, did Hiyori lost her memories or something? Next PV, a showdown is coming up.

Mar 9, 2014 10:26 AM
Jun 2013
Yuka770 said:

Yeah, by the looks of it, it looks like we're going to get an anime original ending. Was hoping more for an open ending, and season 2...
Mar 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
What was Rabo's reaction supposed to be? Those eyes looked like he was either mocking Yato for being weak or excited that he was strong... Hopefully the latter? At least I don't think Yato's weak.

Really looking forward to the fight between Yato and Rabo though xD
Mar 9, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2011
FoodIsYummy said:
Yuka770 said:

Yeah, by the looks of it, it looks like we're going to get an anime original ending. Was hoping more for an open ending, and season 2...
Must start to read the manga then.
Mar 9, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
hopefully she'll regain her memory
Mar 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2012
Urgh still hope there will be a second season ><
Mar 9, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2013
Yato and Yukine make a freaking unstoppable duo. At least as far as fighting phantoms goes.
I'm wondering if next week when Yato and Rabo go at it, Bishamon shows up midway and we get a FFA badass fight.
Mar 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2013
Only 2 more episodes left :( Hope there is 2nd season
Mar 9, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so happy with how Yukine's character development was shown in this episode! He is trying to right his wrongs and his relationship with Yato is the same, yet there are subtle differences that show that they are trying harder with one another. Their teamwork during the fight made me really happy too, aw.

I love Hiyori's friends, I really wanna see more of them. It was a great episode though! The fact there are only two left makes me really sad, dang it, I want more.
Mar 9, 2014 11:25 AM
Jan 2014
Glad to see that Yukine is starting to realize and accept his position.Damn, I'm really starting to hate Nora now...She is one heck of a corrupted shinki.
Poor Hiyori, she is such a compassionate person.Judging by the next episode preview, her connections with Yato aren't completely severed, hopefully.Rabo vs. Yato next episode, can't wait.
Mar 9, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
yukine's trying to change himself! he was so awesome this episode, and he and yato seem to be a good team now c:
now hiyori has forgotten about them.. wonder what will happen.
i know this is anime original but i think it was really good~
Mar 9, 2014 11:42 AM
Mar 2012
can I treat this is as "filler" episode? and then will be second season.
Mar 9, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
Of course Nora had to butt in and screw everything up.
Mar 9, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't really like Hiyori in the first place so I hope shes out of the show for good, Even though I don't think that will happen.
Mar 9, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
I recommend people to evacuate to the manga now.

The first half of the episode was good but seeing as how the AO's plot went further and further away from the one in the manga I could feel my heart start to crumble.
I'm worried of how this will develop since it already feels like AO is interfering with the original story plot :(

And god, what's up with Rabo's awkward apperance, it was so cliché...

I also don't like how weak they portray Hiyori in the anime <__<

The only good thing with the AO was that Hiyori invited Yato and Yukine to follow her to the shrines..

I still pray that there's hope for a season two tho. One that bones doesn't hijack.
I've heard that the manga has good sales and I wonder if the anime will do well too.

Sorry, I know that I'm complaining alot but I'm seriously pissed off by how every anime studios make such big changes in their adaptions of my favourite mangas T_T
Mar 9, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2010
That developed quite nicely! Even if it is going farther away from the source material. At least it will have a sense of closure unlike so many anime based off of manga. I still like Nora quite a bit despite knowing nothing about her. Also, I didn't see that plot twist at the end coming!
Mar 9, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
Zetchan said:
I recommend people to evacuate to the manga now.

The first half of the episode was good but seeing as how the AO's plot went further and further away from the one in the manga I could feel my heart start to crumble.
I'm worried of how this will develop since it already feels like AO is interfering with the original story plot :(

And god, what's up with Rabo's awkward apperance, it was so cliché...

I also don't like how weak they portray Hiyori in the anime <__<

The only good thing with the AO was that Hiyori invited Yato and Yukine to follow her to the shrines..

I still pray that there's hope for a season two tho. One that bones doesn't hijack.
I've heard that the manga has good sales and I wonder if the anime will do well too.

Sorry, I know that I'm complaining alot but I'm seriously pissed off by how every anime studios make such big changes in their adaptions of my favourite mangas T_T

You do have a point,I don't really like how they changed so many things. I want a second season because I want more attention to Bishamon and Kazuma.
Mar 9, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2010
I'm honestly glad they are going the AO route right now. The series isn't selling too well from what I've heard despite its popularity, so a second season most likely won't happen. I would rather them give us an ending that has emotional catharsis, and closure to it, than an open ending for a second season that will most likely never come.

I still plan on reading the manga for sure, but I'm glad they are going to try and wrap everything up, just in case a second season never happens.
Mar 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
They will probably end season 1 on original ending because we are entering filter territory.
Unless they kill off Nora in the ending, there no reason they can't do a season 2.
Also, there are plenty of materials for a season and a half.
Thus, chances for Season 2 is very high unless their sales number from DVD are very disappointing.
Mar 9, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Knowing life we'll get original anime ending and no season 2...
Awesome episode tho.
incompleteAEGISMar 9, 2014 1:25 PM
Mar 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
I actually liked all the anime original stuff this episode over what happened in the manga.
Mar 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2009
People stop complaining. They just need to end this season somehow but if they'll stay true to the manga now we'll get some middle-arc ending which is much worser than some anime-original arc. So just calm down and enjoy. If the sales satisfy the producers we'll get S2 sometime later.
Mar 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
So the question now lies, whether Hiyori decided to ignore Yato on her own free will to make sure he's strong enough to face Rabo or, Nora cut her ties with them. Either way I'm sure this will come into play during last few episodes.

At this point there's two battles that are awaiting, Yato v. Bishamon & Yato v. Rabo ??

Good episodes, but due to distorted approach the anime took, I'd say this episode could have had better structure to it rather than constantly clipping from one location to another.

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Mar 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
Uhm... So I liked the fight scene and that's pretty much all.

Too much goofyness. And yes, I already know, that Nora is bad, no reason to prove it in every minute of her screentime.
-
Mar 9, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
im starting to like whora
Mar 9, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad Yukine is changed now, I enjoy him so much more compared to when he was always a brat causing problems.

I couldn't tell from his eyes what Rabo was implying after watching Yato kill the phantoms. He was either upset that Yato has actually gotten stronger somehow, or he was disappointed that Yato is actually still not as strong as he used to be back then.

I'm also wondering if Hiyori listened to Nora and is purposely pretending she doesn't know Yato anymore to make him stronger, or if Nora actually did something to Hiyori like sever her ties.
Mar 9, 2014 1:33 PM
Nov 2010
Oh, original story, huh? I hope it won't be too messed up.
Mar 9, 2014 1:37 PM
Jan 2011
Oh a new villain arrives.

Looks like Yukie has turned a new leaf.
Mar 9, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
So that girl is Rabo's Regalia?

Mar 9, 2014 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
Im pretty dissapointed that this Rabo-plot wasnt exploited more, instead we had to watch good amount of the show Yukine bitching and acting like a douchebag. Least we get action packed 2 last episodes,i guess.
OnbuuMar 9, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 9, 2014 2:03 PM

Jun 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
People stop complaining. They just need to end this season somehow but if they'll stay true to the manga now we'll get some middle-arc ending which is much worser than some anime-original arc. So just calm down and enjoy. If the sales satisfy the producers we'll get S2 sometime later.

^ this doesn't really contain any spoilers but anyway

---

Rabo vs Yato next episode looks quite interesting.
I think Hiyori did loose her memory of Yato and Yukine and that she's not putting up an act. If this is the case then they're probably gonna spend next episode trying to help her regain her memories.
I wonder why Rabo is after Yato though, is he doing this just for fun?
Rabo also said Yato was the former God of Calamity in a previous episode, right? Now Rabo is the current. Does that mean a god can change his original purpose of existence into another and be replaced by someone else like that?
So Yato went from the Calamity God to the Delivery God?
Mar 9, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so good! I can't believe they made Hiyori forget about Yato and Yukine though ;^:

But Rabo is a cool character, I like him a lot lol

The way I see it, there's no way we would have been able to see all of Vaisravana's arc in three episodes or less. That could be why they opted for the anime original ending. I feel like starting that arc, and having it end on a cliffhanger or with a "to be continued" type ending wouldn't really work well.

They introduced both her and Kazuma as having a history with Yato. We haven't learned about what it is in the anime yet.

I personally believe that Noragami got pretty popular after this season- with both the manga and the anime! And the story itself is really just beginning. It would be a shame if it didn't get another season, especially because we learn so much later on in the manga.

I believe we'll get a season two in the future! ^^
Mar 9, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2013
woah
Mar 9, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
FoodIsYummy said:
Yuka770 said:

Could just be a filler arc type of thing, so then if a second season would come out they could just return to the original story. I don't know what's going on with the manga but they could just be saving the next arc for the possible next season.
Mar 9, 2014 2:30 PM

Sep 2009
Zetchan said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

But they have only 3 eps. Which is not enough for Bishamon arc. Really, it's just one small arc. They could make it so it won't affect any further story. And your complaints about Hiyori really look like some fanboy nagging. Just because they made a character look just a little bit worser in couple of scenes you are shouting that the show is ruined. Just really. If this show i9s a bad adaptation than just stop watching anime at all cause ideal adaptations are impossible.
Mar 9, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
A filler way to end the season is not bad at all considering that there aren't many episodes left. Better this than a rushed adaptation and if they can tie everything together well then that's even better.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
So was Hiyori's cord cut or something.

Great episode!!!
Mar 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Wow the art is really nice this time
Mar 9, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Let's hope Hiyori will get her memory back.
Mar 9, 2014 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
hmm... well its good to see that Yukine is a lot more synced with Yato now so thats good. We didn't get any Bishamon appearance which I was suprized about but considering they showed Rabo I guess thats legit, im guessing when Rabo's probably thinking Yato is not on par with him. curious to see what happens to Hiyori
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.