Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Dio needs to calm down. That fist fight was almost amusing in a way. The fight was more intense than I had thought this episode.

Dat coupling. Looks like Margaret took a beating there in the fight. Ouch.
Mar 2, 2014 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
The leader in the team who created coupling system. The pair's arguments, and were locked in jail. So the enemy's lab person was in the team. lol @ "Meso Meso" and "siscon"

The fight, and Dio trying to encourage main guy into not giving up. lol~ the arguing, and they don't decouple after the limit. I kind of feel sorry for that female pilot from the enemy. R.I.P that ex-leader.

The enemy adds Hina's fathers in the team. According to the preview, it will also talk about father child relationship of Dio?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 2, 2014 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
Huh. It's not that plot isn't progressing -- it's just that it's progressing very slowly. MAL currently lists this series as having 13 episodes. Wikipedia says 25. Though I generally think MAL provides good information, I'm leaning toward Wikipedia's in this case because if it does end at 13, it either means this show is getting a 2nd season or this show will be rushed and end without a proper resolution.

Anyway, not much happened in this episode but it was a good one. Seeing Aoba and Dio duke it out then destroy all the missiles sure is nice. The biggest news is probably that Hina's father is joining the fray. If we're going with the usual Sunrise route, he's going to die by either Aoba or Dio's hands. But that'd just be too Sunrise. Come on, it can't honestly go down that path, can it?
Mar 2, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 2013
zannet_t said:
Huh. It's not that plot isn't progressing -- it's just that it's progressing very slowly. MAL currently lists this series as having 13 episodes. Wikipedia says 25. Though I generally think MAL provides good information, I'm leaning toward Wikipedia's in this case because if it does end at 13, it either means this show is getting a 2nd season or this show will be rushed and end without a proper resolution.

Anyway, not much happened in this episode but it was a good one. Seeing Aoba and Dio duke it out then destroy all the missiles sure is nice. The biggest news is probably that Hina's father is joining the fray. If we're going with the usual Sunrise route, he's going to die by either Aoba or Dio's hands. But that'd just be too Sunrise. Come on, it can't honestly go down that path, can it?

I believe it'll be 2 seasons or more. There's absolutely no way it can all be covered with the remaining episodes. We haven't even been brought full circle with Hina going into the past yet, and unless she's extremely stupid she won't agree to it with just one meeting. Then again...
Mar 2, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
zannet_t said:

MAL is wrong : it's 12 episodes.
Mar 3, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2013
I would say that was a needed fight between Dio and Aoba. Because of that, the coupling system exeeded their proposed time limit. So Hina's dad shows up at the end. Poor professor though.
Mar 3, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
7:10 dio falcon punch to aoba

------------------------
1. 1st half was wasted explaining what's already known about the coupling system

2. 2nd half fights inside a rain of missiles was alright.

3. only 3 more eps left. this gonna be some rushed ending. hina's dad better do something interesting or i'm dropping at ep11. ya, i said it.

4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 3, 2014 8:58 AM
Jul 2013
I know it's nothing more than wishful thinking, but I love how Aoba's first thought was of Mayu when Dio was lecturing him to fight.
Mar 3, 2014 11:47 AM
Mar 2012
It was a great battle, I like how the duo's Coupling time dumbfounded practically everyone.
Mar 3, 2014 12:04 PM
Dec 2013
amazing battle with that ost , 3 episodes left :( i hope they set it up for a 2nd season please!!
Dio and Aobas fight was actually sick
Mar 3, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2009
As someone predicted, Coupling system works on on small time leaps of toughts.
Mar 3, 2014 12:42 PM
Jan 2012
So nobodys wondering about the picture the prof was looking at? The one with Eliva and (most probably) her grandfather in it? And why you wouldn't see his face?? ...
Mar 3, 2014 12:47 PM
Jan 2013
Ooooh, the Special Service Agent Bitch is actually a chicken, geeez they should have let her die.
Mar 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
RaMiSty said:
So nobodys wondering about the picture the prof was looking at? The one with Eliva and (most probably) her grandfather in it? And why you wouldn't see his face?? ...

Maybe the last one is Aoba Watase??? Plot Twist!!!
Mar 3, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 2014
That would be a crazy plot twist lol, i just cant wait to see there faces when they find out Aoba is really telling the truth about being from the past
Mar 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2010
RaMiSty said:

Probably Aoba or somebody closely related to him.

This show reminds me of the old mecha cartoons. When they be on a ship the whole series on the running and luckily winning battles.
Mar 3, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
They surpassed the Coupling System limit!!! Poor Elviia and Professor T___T

Oh damn Hina's Dad arrived.
Mar 3, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
oh snap. plot twist: aoba was one of the founding members of the decoupling system with the professor.

aoba can couple with anybody because his thoughts are consistently in the 'future'? hue.
KurogashiMar 3, 2014 1:51 PM
Mar 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
RaMiSty said:

It was most likely blocking him, aka (hina's) grandfather, from the image, so they could show it at the end. Probably don't want us to see him on the team of the Prof. I could be wrong, though.
Mar 3, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
The series will probably get 2nd season. Well, there's no way for it to explain everything in next 4 episodes. Unless they go Lost way and don't explain anything. But I doubt it :)

Episode was mostly fun, breaking time-limit was expected and Aoba vs Dio fight was really well done. Glad to see Aoba is not the type to just take hits, though I did expect military trained Dio to kick his ass. Then again, those were mostly frustration venting hits.
Mar 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
Edon613 said:
zannet_t said:

I believe it'll be 2 seasons or more. There's absolutely no way it can all be covered with the remaining episodes. We haven't even been brought full circle with Hina going into the past yet, and unless she's extremely stupid she won't agree to it with just one meeting. Then again...

Yeah, I was expecting there would be at least 2 seasons, because it took Aoba a long ass time to finally meet Hina face-to-face. Those two really haven't got into a relationship either. I would be nice if they explain how Nina and Aoba meet originally.
Mar 3, 2014 6:26 PM
Feb 2009
ya they cant possibly fit everything in the last 4 episode left..
Mar 3, 2014 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see that the coupling system of Dio's and Aoba's were extended. Aoba and Dio destroyed all the missiles were pretty nice too.

Hina's dad at the end.
Mar 3, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
Sigh people, it's not because a show could use more episode that it will have more.

Seriously there's ton of show that aren't complete and won't ever be because they didn't sell enough. I'm not saying that Buddy Complex won't have a second season but that if it does it will never be because 'they can't fit the rest of the story in three episodes'.
Mar 3, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 2008
Talk about a stupid, unmoving death, that doctor had zero impact on the series. So what was the point of him being there? Did something go over my head?

Coupling extended, it was about time. We finally got rid of the idiot female commander, will she return? She's lucky to escape with her life. Wonder how many here would've let her drop to her dead even if they were her ally.

Shangetsu said:
Sigh people, it's not because a show could use more episode that it will have more.

Seriously there's ton of show that aren't complete and won't ever be because they didn't sell enough. I'm not saying that Buddy Complex won't have a second season but that if it does it will never be because 'they can't fit the rest of the story in three episodes'.

You don't need to spell out the obvious, people are just optimistic after seeing a horrible series like Valvrave get a second season.
Mar 3, 2014 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
mugiwara84 said:
Talk about a stupid, unmoving death, that doctor had zero impact on the series. So what was the point of him being there? Did something go over my head?

Well, I think Professor Fermi's appearance was to reveal to the audience the theory behind 'Coupling' and its connection to time-travel (re: '7 second time-leaps'). Also, his appearance lead to the debut of a new antagonist in Zogilia's, Dr. Hahn. It's a rather cheap of use of a fun character, but I've seen worse.

Meanwhile, I suppose the wormhole that appeared in episode one could be the result of a 'Coupling' gone horribly wrong. I mean, what difference would there between seven seconds and seven decades, with this system? If Aoba dies (as some here have speculated) I can completely see Dio attempting to hold onto his 'connection' with dying/dead Aoba across time and space. Those two blew throug the theorized 300 seconds, so why not? ::shrug::
Mar 3, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2009
Aoba and Dio bromance. love it. The fist fight was interesting, I see Aoba could actually keep up Dio. Good episode. I will say this series is moving rather slowly but I don't mind as long as the questions that have arisen get answered and we a have a decent ending, I'll be satisfied.

Mar 3, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
I think this definitely has a second season and was written that way too.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 4, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
All they do is defending but never attacking XD
Mar 4, 2014 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
The first episode were so great but now all the episodes repeat the same stuff
over and over again and when they do want add something like
some action to show, they just add some random battles between
them, i swear the only episodes i actully like were 1 and 8 the rest were just play
stupid.
Mar 4, 2014 6:09 AM
Nov 2009
Rip in Peace Dr. Fermi

Hina's father looks like he's been through some shit.
Mar 4, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
Madame Special Officer O'Keefe just keeps getting shit on, and now she's being replaced. If this keeps up, the only places she'll be able to work are at a Host Club or Soapland.

I was looking forward to more Dr. Fermi. I'm a little pissed that they showed him to us only to kill him off in the same episode. Why even bother?

Aoba and Dio are hilarious! The more they fight, the more they fall in love.

Only 4 episode left. There's no way this could be wrapped up all nice and neatly in a month. Hopefully, they'll leave it open for a second season. If not, I'll need to brace myself for an incredibly shitty ending.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaMar 4, 2014 7:54 PM
Mar 4, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
mugiwara84 said:

You don't need to spell out the obvious, people are just optimistic after seeing a horrible series like Valvrave get a second season.

I'm not saying it was good but Valvrave was much better in every department than Buddy Complex.

Valvrave was originally supposed to be two courses long but it got cut into two seasons instead. Whether the first half did horribly or not, it was decided even before the first episode aired that it would have two 'seasons'.

It's a completely different case here.
Mar 4, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
Really typical stuff. With this pacing, it looks like it'll end up being 2-cours.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 5, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not sure if this will get a second season, I like it but its not really going anywhere.
Mar 6, 2014 12:21 AM

Feb 2008
transgojobot said:

Well, I think Professor Fermi's appearance was to reveal to the audience the theory behind 'Coupling' and its connection to time-travel (re: '7 second time-leaps'). Also, his appearance lead to the debut of a new antagonist in Zogilia's, Dr. Hahn. It's a rather cheap of use of a fun character, but I've seen worse.

Meanwhile, I suppose the wormhole that appeared in episode one could be the result of a 'Coupling' gone horribly wrong. I mean, what difference would there between seven seconds and seven decades, with this system? If Aoba dies (as some here have speculated) I can completely see Dio attempting to hold onto his 'connection' with dying/dead Aoba across time and space. Those two blew throug the theorized 300 seconds, so why not? ::shrug::

Nice theory, does explain a thing why that professor was introduced minus the cheap drama that didn't do much to me.

Shangetsu said:

I'm not saying it was good but Valvrave was much better in every department than Buddy Complex.

Valvrave was originally supposed to be two courses long but it got cut into two seasons instead. Whether the first half did horribly or not, it was decided even before the first episode aired that it would have two 'seasons'.

It's a completely different case here.

Kind of disagree, I do think Valvrave had the more interesting setting, but the characters were a lot, lot more horrible than Buddy Complex, ruining the complete series with me. Didn't even watched the second season cause of it. But to each his own of course. Not saying Buddy Complex is great either though, average at best.

And didn't knew the second season was already announced before the first aired.Guess you got a point there, but if people are optimistic why rain on their parade?
Arata84Mar 6, 2014 12:26 AM
Mar 6, 2014 12:40 AM

Oct 2009
I was expecting some kind of revelation from the Prof about Aoba....well the plot is hardly going anywhere.

Yet again the action is what makes this show enjoyable.
Mar 6, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Going past theoretical limits due to the power of friendship. Now where have I seen that before?

Not that unexpected for this show but still disappointing to see it happen.

I thought that whole pseudo-argument when they were fighting/insulting/encouraging was very lame...

The professor only lasts half an episode. I had hoped he would bring more revelation to the time traveling situation instead of only two sentences.

With only four more episodes to go, I have many concerns. A second season is probably/hopefully in the works. Can't see it ending well otherwise.

And I like Hina thinking about Aoba but poor Bizon...I really do like him and I foresee a lot of suffering in his future...
Mar 6, 2014 9:25 AM
Jul 2013
Very good episode, the part of the coupling was surprising.
Mar 6, 2014 1:23 PM
Mar 2009
I found this episode infinitely interesting. I mean finally, the tension between Aoba and Dio has come to a head, and they slugged it out - and they say love and war are on the same coin. So more or less, with that fight, the two finally acknowledged each other as 'friends' tho I doubt they'll admit it so readily. xD That's probably why their coupling lasted so long.

As for the Professor; I'm sad his role was so short, but I expected it. In the flashback at the academy, they never said his name or showed his speech, he got glanced at relatively quickly, and just generally was shoved aside to show more Past Dio to showcase the changes into current Dio, and give us more to fuel the whole bromance. So I didn't expect the prof to come back, firstly, and secondly he did and gave a whole bunch of info.

Like the whole seven seconds; someone mentioned seven decades. Personally, I'm holding to the fact that Coupling is the pre-cursor to Time Research or something like that. Either that or each time that someone couples, it feeds a meter.. and then that vortex shows up. Although it was kind of heavily convenient in the first episode.... but the fact that the prof was tightly linked to Elvira, and showed up the new evil bad guy, well and that picture.

I don't think it's Aoba himself; remember what happened to Hina in the time vortex? She was going through it a second time, and then she vanished. Either she got deconstructed or something like that. But whatever it is, both her and the angry guy at the start vanished when they went in it for the second time; so Aoba won't be able to go back. So that means it's not Aoba. But I'm thinking it's one of his best friends, probably the rehab guy that got together with aoba's sister maybe, because the doctor seemed to linger on that delay timing, and even implied it possible at the particle level. That seemed like such an unnecessary line if it didn't have meaning. I mean I'm pretty sure Aoba's friends and family would note him missing right?

Although the nice tidy up of the Coupling system was nice. I kinda got ranty but w/e XD Not sure if it was mentioned in other discussions, but my pet theory is that Bison = Angry guy. Same eye colour, the eye shape.. and well I'm pretty sure the voice is the same although I'd have to go look in deeper in the episodes to find if he freaks out or something. In either case, Bison is slowly showing to have a really tight bond with Hina, more and more so it'd make sense why he'd know her first name in the first episode and stuff like that.

Also, running a pet theory that the commander of Bizon's troups is related to the fucknut in Gundam Seed Destiny that took charge of Zaft. They both have that creepy, manipulative as all hells vibe. >.>;
Mar 6, 2014 6:23 PM
Nov 2013
PerfectFallacy said:

Like the whole seven seconds; someone mentioned seven decades. Personally, I'm holding to the fact that Coupling is the pre-cursor to Time Research or something like that. Either that or each time that someone couples, it feeds a meter.. and then that vortex shows up. Although it was kind of heavily convenient in the first episode.... but the fact that the prof was tightly linked to Elvira, and showed up the new evil bad guy, well and that picture.

I don't think it's Aoba himself; remember what happened to Hina in the time vortex? She was going through it a second time, and then she vanished. Either she got deconstructed or something like that. But whatever it is, both her and the angry guy at the start vanished when they went in it for the second time; so Aoba won't be able to go back. So that means it's not Aoba. But I'm thinking it's one of his best friends, probably the rehab guy that got together with aoba's sister maybe, because the doctor seemed to linger on that delay timing, and even implied it possible at the particle level. That seemed like such an unnecessary line if it didn't have meaning. I mean I'm pretty sure Aoba's friends and family would note him missing right?

did you watch what Dio say after the professor's explaination, Dio said the professor implied he didn't believe Aoba time travel story, because the professor said the the time leap only possible at element particle level which mean Aoba is impossible to be a time traveller because he is not in element particle level and that also can't explain what happen to Hina because if Aoba was safe why not Hina? and if you said they only can time travel one time that will can't explain about the hairpin.
About the crazy guy that was disintegrated in time vortex that because of His valiancer was damaged so badly after Hina defeated him, his mecha thruster was off when they enter time vortex, so when he can't cling into Hina's valiancer because of the pressure they got inside the time vortex that finished for him....
Takeoff31Mar 6, 2014 6:26 PM
Mar 7, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
That Coupling was AMAZING (seems like the fight between Dio and Aoba was needed)

And poor professor......

Hina's father appears as a reinforcement, I wonder what will happen next
Mar 7, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
The Doctor from Zogillia, his voice sounds rather familiar...

My brother has sharp ears. He noticed that Dio sounds like Banagher from Gundam Unicorn.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 7, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2013
episode was excellent and enjoyable , but how the hell did the professor die though ? how was he damaged ? by the attack ?
Mar 8, 2014 1:36 AM

Apr 2011
Just when I think Dr. Fermi is an interesting character, he dies.

Lol at Dio calling Aoba a whiner, cry baby and Aoba calling Dio, a siscon. They sure get getting along better.

I wonder what will happen to Margaret now? She looks nice when her hair is down.
Mar 8, 2014 1:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode better than the last, because people lineage and there are those who whines, sin is not happened to Margaret.
Plot passable, everything seems to gamble on getting hold of the new units.
Narration is not epic in the clash, which little involvement.
Drawings and animations sufficient, Sunrise could do better.
However in the end I am satisfied, the episode manages to be more enjoyable, is priceless to see Margaret screaming like a chicken desperately hoping to be saved in tears, and even premature death of Dr. Fermi and his theory and another nice shot scene.
It's fun to see Aoba and Dio beating each other and insult each other with: crybaby and complexed by his sister! XD
Mar 8, 2014 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Dio's and Aoba's bickering was fairly amusing this episode.

It's almost like the episode was made for them to exceed the 5 minute limit... oh wait... that is why this episode exists.
Mar 10, 2014 10:37 PM

May 2012
09:51 wow didn't expect that

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Mar 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2008
No no no, we can't end the show until...

until we have Zogilia Coupling!

I wanted more Dr. Fermi...(guh). Battle was OK; Dio and Aoba getting worked up was great (lol).

That enemy pilot from the first ep must be related to Bizon somehow.
Mar 17, 2014 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
KaedeKyl9 said:
RaMiSty said:

Maybe the last one is Aoba Watase??? Plot Twist!!!

I was thinking something along those lines too!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

199 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.