Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 20, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
Kubo going full throttle with this bankai, expecting several pages of white with Rukia as the centrepiece.

Feb 20, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Zaraquiel99 said:
Ans this is wht Bleach is the biggest of the "Big 3"
-In Naruto, Kishimoto doesnt know how to kill Madara... Yet
-In One Piece Oda does... the only think OP is worth for (Several unimportant characters introduced for a long time, batle pairings, strawhats wins, new island, and go a new arc).
-Tite sensei seems to be the only one who knows where his story is going.

Heh you start pick on OP and Naruto? Knows where his story goes my ass.All i seen in the last Bleach arc was:BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI!Free Bankai for everyone~

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Feb 20, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
Zaraquiel99 said:
-In One Piece Oda does... the only think OP is worth for (Several unimportant characters introduced for a long time, batle pairings, strawhats wins, new island, and go a new arc).

........ the true essence of fanboy-ism. Kubo is the weakest of the 3 by far. Just because he gave Rukia a Bankai, it doesn't mean every bit of bullshit he's spat up till now in this arc is forgotten.
Feb 20, 2014 10:33 AM

Jun 2012
yhunata said:
Soo..... no one's gonna bother that Byakuya literally left Nodt to Rukia just to finish him off? *Sigh* If she could use a Bankai, she really should've used it earlier (also, hopefully, more proof on my theory that Hyourinmaru is, in fact, weaker than Sode no Shirayuki) and remind me, when did Byakuya get back his Bankai? I was under the impression that they were stolen and not returned to their original masters.
Thresher009 said:

To all the people questioning why Rukia didn't start off with Bankai, As Nodt no longer had Byakuya's bankai so as long as he wasn't in Vollständig he was free to steal Rukia's bankai. Going Vollständig nullified his ability to steal her bankai. That's why Renji waited until after Mask went Vollständig to go Bankai.
@yhunata Yeah I hate that her brother rescued her like that... it didn't feel like she even won, it was more like Byakuya broke all of a rat's limbs and just said "Ha, look at it shiver in fear... I'll leave this battle to you.".

But about the bankai thing, do you guys not remember the time when Urahara was all like "Hey everyone everywhere ever, there's a bean near you. Eat it... now you have your bankais back and you'll never lose them again!" ?

-Touya said:
Zaraquiel99 said:

Heh you start pick on OP and Naruto? Knows where his story goes my ass.All i seen in the last Bleach arc was:BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI!Free Bankai for everyone~
I know right, I have no idea what Zaraquiel is smoking but I certainly am not seeing any grand design coming into play right now. For the past 10-15 chapters it's literally been nothing but strong people getting owned, and then turning the tables suddenly and raping everything with only a few days' training. I'm not even gonna argue on which is better though I definitely have a favorite... but I'll just say (@Zaraquiel) if you're going to insult Naruto because Madara is so hard to kill then you're definitely comparing it to the wrong manga here. Bleach has had only two (well I guess you can include Ginjou for 3) major villains in the entire series. While I'm not complaining about it, I'm pretty sure Aizen took a lot longer than Madara has, and I'm not exactly seeing a dead Juha Bach here.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 20, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Dopest words I've ever heard Rukia say'
BANKAI!! ( °٢° )
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Feb 20, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2010
Zaraquiel99 said:

What :D Kubo is just milking the series. Not that I blame him for that, but I'm pretty sure he will still get lost within this story few times more.

Meh, good chapter I guess, though why the heck did Rukia need Byakuya to encourage her so she could use bankai... Makes no sense. Well, at least she didn't become another damsel in distress.

Ok, who else lol'd when saw the last page - seriously Kubo, now your big attacks aren't only spilled ink, but also giant white stains? Whaaa.
Feb 20, 2014 1:47 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I think a lot of Rukia fans have been waiting for this moment.

Feb 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
Zaraquiel99 said:

Yeah, that is why Bleach went on hiatus for about a month so Kubo could try to figure out where he wanted to go with it "-.-
Feb 20, 2014 4:30 PM
Aug 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:

But about the bankai thing, do you guys not remember the time when Urahara was all like "Hey everyone everywhere ever, there's a bean near you. Eat it... now you have your bankais back and you'll never lose them again!" ?

We don't know that anyone in the Royal Palace other than Byakuya received one, and even that is an assumption based on the fact that Senbonzakura left As Nodt. We only ever saw two people take the pills before the Quincy went mass Vollständig and only 4 other people went bankai since that point, two of whom are Vizards and the other two were fighting opponents using Vollständig. IIRC the pills are only a temporary measure against bankai stealing.

It is possible that reforging a zanpakuto is enough to retrieve the spirit from the Quincy's Bankai stealing medallions. Kubo never gave us enough information in that regard.
Feb 21, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I'm very content with the turn of events.

I find it funny how people were complaining that Rukia isn't going to get her moment to shine, but now that she actually is, people are complaining about that. Also, Byakuya didn't leave the guy at the brink of death, the dude pulled another power level out, so he's much stronger now.

Can't wait to see the next chapter, curious to see what exactly the "most beautiful zanpakuto" is capable of.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 21, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
Just when I thought it is a 1 shot 1 kill fight, Rukia uses her Bankai which saves the chapter. Not by much though
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 21, 2014 11:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I remember a time where bankai used to be cool and interesting.... Must be getting old...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 22, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, Rukia gained the power of the Bankai?!!!

I'm shocked.
Took 569 chapters though L
Feb 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2009
geemaa said:
I think a lot of Rukia fans have been waiting for this moment.

Yep, nice turn of events here. Thought for sure the previous chapter they took the fight away from her.
Now she gets to use her bankai... good stuff :D
Feb 22, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2012
As Nodt is one scary mother fucker, wouldn't want that creature creeping up from under the bed.

I really don't want this to conclude as a Rukia fight, alas she has attained bankai.

More Bazz-B when?
Feb 23, 2014 6:26 PM
Feb 2014
Zaraquiel99 said:

1) disagree with your comment on madara, but i have heard rumours that he has lost interest in his own series (not sure if true but i do get the feeling sometimes)

2) OP is fun but basically going no-where (unfortunate considering how some of the ep's are fantastic)

3) Tite is the only one to have blatantly stated its coming to an end :S

overall i'm enjoying this arc, but found it difficult at first cause my enthusiasm for the series took a hit previously, but i found what i enjoyed again so think its become brilliant :)
Feb 23, 2014 7:16 PM

Sep 2013
Bleach isn't ending soon, Kubo said it will be the longest arc, the arrancar/aizen arc took about 7 years and we're 2 years into this arc so 6 years at the earliest but I want more, kubo should put hell and the other realms in the story so ulquiorra can come back and steal orihime's heart, go R3 and kill grimmjow :D
Feb 24, 2014 5:02 AM

Jun 2011
six_2_six said:
Zaraquiel99 said:

1) disagree with your comment on madara, but i have heard rumours that he has lost interest in his own series (not sure if true but i do get the feeling sometimes)

2) OP is fun but basically going no-where (unfortunate considering how some of the ep's are fantastic)

3) Tite is the only one to have blatantly stated its coming to an end :S

overall i'm enjoying this arc, but found it difficult at first cause my enthusiasm for the series took a hit previously, but i found what i enjoyed again so think its become brilliant :)

1. I think it's pretty obvious that Kishi found a way to nerf Madara in the recent chapter, either you guys are not paying attention or just trolling.

2. Going no where? The plan is in motion for the whole time now. -.- And also the arrival of a certain group/organization things ought to be moving in a grand scheme. Not sure wat u smokin'

3. Naruto's author also stated that his series is coming to an end soon, it took a little longer than he predicted though, and he definitely milked the series with the Obito stuff. For the last few months Bleach had been dragging, with the rinse and repeat fight sequence and OHKOs.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 24, 2014 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
ichii_1 said:
Bleach isn't ending soon, Kubo said it will be the longest arc, the arrancar/aizen arc took about 7 years and we're 2 years into this arc so 6 years at the earliest but I want more, kubo should put hell and the other realms in the story so ulquiorra can come back and steal orihime's heart, go R3 and kill grimmjow :D

Well I guess that means there isn't going to be an end to the pointless one-on-one fights with the quincy anytime soon.
Mar 5, 2014 6:47 PM
Jan 2010
FINALLY, she is not useless ANYMORE
Mar 6, 2014 12:09 PM
Dec 2013
I was so happy when Rukia got her Bankai, I've been waiting forever for this to happen.
Mar 10, 2014 12:10 AM

Jun 2012
StarkSan said:
ichii_1 said:

Well I guess that means there isn't going to be an end to the pointless one-on-one fights with the quincy anytime soon.
Technically the Aizen arc was around 4 years long (the first volume in the arc released March 2006 and the last in December 2010). Either way I really hope that he doesn't plan to drag it out that much longer... but then, thinking about it, 2 - 3 more years sounds about accurate for the rest of the arc. At most 52 chapters a year can come out, without breaks, and I can't see this ending in less than 100.
Mar 15, 2014 10:39 PM

Jul 2009
voidox said:
sigh, so let me get this straight kubo....

Rukia has yet another new shikai power that she CANT EVEN CONTROL properly yet she somehow ALSO has bankai...

putting aside the oh so big part of needing to train and fight and be acknowledged by her Zan as strong enough to gain it.... where the hell would the time for all this shit come from... last I checked, Rukia doesn't have ichigo crazy capacity to insta learn all the powerups even if RG had some fcked up time slowing bs... and again, even if she did start training from the time skip, that was just 1 year... not the 10 years we've been told of and Rukia can't have been training before as she only got her latest shikai ability in Arrancar arc and she been busy till the time skip ne...

btw, did Rukia really just wait for her nii-sama's approval before BKing ~_~

meh, I would really like some semblance of logic and plot continuity (however little of it is left) than just fanservice chapter after chapter... oh wait... kubo writes this shit as he goes... forgot -_-

I'm so glad someone else pointed this out. Bleach is so frustrating but I've invested so much time in it I can't just let go... meh, I'm mainly holding out for Urahara and Yoruichi bankais....
May 17, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2012
senpai finally noticed
Jun 8, 2014 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
xNihalx said:
senpai finally noticed
LOL

Jun 20, 2014 10:21 PM

May 2012
That was rushed.
6/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 5, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2008
voidox said:
in the end with it being last arc: you get a bankai, you get a bankai, everyone gets a bankai!!!

Aahaha!

Love it though, Rukia getting Byakuya's approval. I hope she kicks ass.
Jun 9, 2017 5:08 AM

Feb 2013
That guy got really creepy.
Aug 28, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2016
I cannot believe she really got her BANKAI..

But she still needs help from her brother...otherwise I would have been really shocked if she could do it on her own without anyone helping her... so everything stays the same even with bankai ^^°

Äs Nödt is soo creepy..scarry

Bulma777Aug 28, 2017 6:18 AM
Nov 15, 2022 6:53 AM

Apr 2021
Wait wha-?!!! Yoooo!!! Rukia just said bankai!!!! That's just- man am I speechless right now. That's awesome!!! Welcome to the bankai gang Rukia!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.