Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2009 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was quite funny, that boy with his fake bomb and Maria is gettingscaried of Canaan.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 18, 2009 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
Hakkoo just ate Minoru's bread like that...surely there isn't anything much there^^ Poor Maria =.= having to have a bomb placed on her head. For Canaan to take her time to pull the trigger, I don't think she realise the bomb is about to go off but anyway at least it's a fake^^
Jul 19, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
subs out yet?

Jul 19, 2009 9:47 PM

Dec 2008
This episode was interesting...still have many questions that needs to be answered but I guess the show will have the answers later.
HikaruKanekoJul 20, 2009 11:24 PM
Jul 20, 2009 4:32 AM

Mar 2008
Subs are out.

Well, it was not bad, though it went down a bit compared to the previous ones. I can't really see a connection between the story parts we were told up until know.

On another note I really wonder why Canaan didn't shoot him earlier when she had a gun with her. Not very logical.

But Canaan is a really interesting character and we got to know her a lot better this episode.
Jul 20, 2009 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
Very nice episode. Glad to see them getting at least a little back on track with the serious aspects of the story (not counting all the comedic scenes trickled through out the end). Hope they keep with this level of seriousness at least when it matters, but i have enough faith in the fact that they will.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 6:24 AM

Sep 2007
Neko girl...
Big boobs...
It's the only thing i remember. :D
Jul 20, 2009 7:19 AM

Apr 2009
SUGOI!!! SUGOI!!! SUGOI!!!
Jul 20, 2009 7:22 AM

Oct 2008
which would you choose? canaan's godzhax eyes? or sharingan gay eyes?

Jul 20, 2009 7:23 AM
Mar 2009
First half of this episode was forgettable but second half had some high tension that kept me on edge. I wonder if the boy was just trying to show Maria how ruthless Canaan is? If so, why would he put his life on the line for that?

Anyway 4/5, it seems this series is gonna focus on the characters alot and I'm fine with that as long as there's some good action in between.
Jul 20, 2009 8:13 AM

Jul 2008
I hope Maria stops being afraid of Canaan soon. And wow, she does say "amazing" a lot.
Jul 20, 2009 9:13 AM

Jul 2009
Forever said:
Subs are out.

Well, it was not bad, though it went down a bit compared to the previous ones. I can't really see a connection between the story parts we were told up until know.

On another note I really wonder why Canaan didn't shoot him earlier when she had a gun with her. Not very logical.

But Canaan is a really interesting character and we got to know her a lot better this episode.

Actually i thought it was pretty logical for Canaan cos she seems to kill only when it is neccessary. Canaan doesn't enjoy killing and the only reason why she killed the boy in the end was because he said that he swallowed the deactivator ad she obviously needed it to save maria

Although I highly doubt it, I hope this isn't like Higashi no Eden where they had so many loose ends in the plot conveniently tied up in the last two episodes.
The secret behind the virus' origin, (who made it and wat exactly they r gonna use them for), and how everyone became intertwined in this complex story

Jul 20, 2009 9:16 AM
Dec 2007
A bit less interesting than the first two episodes, in terms of script mainly (my big fear about this series is clearly for its script...) since direction and animation are still top notch.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 20, 2009 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks of Miria from Baccano! every time Maria says 'sugoi'.
Jul 20, 2009 9:50 AM

Feb 2009
Boring - I dropped EOT.
Jul 20, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
So why does that green hair girl always show up in front of Mino....

THeMooN said:
Boring - I dropped EOT.

Good.
Jul 20, 2009 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
Factor said:
I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks of Miria from Baccano! every time Maria says 'sugoi'.
Just without the over-zealous odd accent. :P

I laughed at myself when I noticed Mamiko Noto in my CANAAN with that sigh-ish thing the neko girl made. Her voice is just too unique. <3

On the other hand, I found this episode very amusing; it'll be interesting how Maria will begin to approach Canaan again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Yuri date = sugoi.

This wasn't as good as the first two episodes but I'm not saying that only because the first two just seemed so awesome, that's it's hard to compare. They way they're introducing all this virus stuff feels kind of random but since this is only the beginning, I'll wait and see.

Oh and I want to go to that cosplay club.
AlexstratzJul 20, 2009 10:41 AM
Jul 20, 2009 11:11 AM
May 2008
Odd marks, virus and mute cat girls... so many questions.

In all seriousness this was easily the weakest of the episodes so far, but still enjoyable. My only concern is that they'll try to answer all of the series questions too late in the series and throwing the pacing off.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 20, 2009 11:23 AM

Aug 2007
Only thing that really stood out this episode was the shouting of SUGOI and the Spice and Wolf 2 add in the middle (with gg adding in "Lelouch was the cart driver. Watch his and furry Kallen's adventures in Code Geass 3.").

4/5

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 20, 2009 11:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a great episode. Had some Mamiko Noto, too. Can't wait for more. That little twist at the end hopefully won't destroy their relationship now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 20, 2009 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Woah, crazy shit's going on. Neko Woman reminded me a bit of Emiri from Haruhi. D:

BTW: Noticed something...

^
Jul 20, 2009 12:00 PM

Mar 2008
Canaan's eyes = Shiki's much
Maria is still so damn cute ~
Jul 20, 2009 12:02 PM
Dec 2008
Didn't really move me. 2/5.
Jul 20, 2009 12:26 PM
Jul 2008
Good episode. I liked the way they put some emphasis on Maria's naivety concerning Canaan, and then having such an intense final act to drive the point home. It was nice to see a hint of Canaan's history as well. Looks like they'll be shedding more light on that next episode. Should be interesting.

Overall story is still up in the air. Lots of questions being aksed, but few answers so far. But, for some reason, I just love shows that focus on confusing the hell out of it's audience. Though, like everyone else, I also hope they bring everything together as the story goes along, and not just try to fill in the blanks during the final episodes.
Jul 20, 2009 12:30 PM

Aug 2007
Factor said:
QFT. It really does remind me of Miria.

Anyhow, it would get time that Maria finally realises that Canaan isn't that innocent as she looks. Seems like Canaan doesn't want to see Maria for a while as she saw the 'colour of rejection'.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 20, 2009 12:53 PM

Jul 2006
OMG THIS IS LIKE X-MEN.

Just without the Mutant school and stuff.

Jul 20, 2009 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
a bit confusing... suppose it will get clearer later on of course
Jul 20, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
lol not as epic as last episode imo
but still good
lolz at the explosives being a fake XD
hmm from the preview looks like the next episode's a flashback >_<
Jul 20, 2009 1:39 PM

Oct 2007
Thinking about it now, Canaan really reminds me of Triela from Gunslinger Girl...similar situation, with the exception of virus mutation on top of cybernetic enhancement. But with shorter hair and less stubborn...Shes like a grown up version of Triela

Jul 20, 2009 2:24 PM

Dec 2008
good episode
Jul 20, 2009 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
I love Canaan! Can't decide between Canaan or Bakemonogatari as my new Summer '09 fav...
Jul 20, 2009 2:36 PM

Apr 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
I laughed at myself when I noticed Mamiko Noto in my CANAAN with that sigh-ish thing the neko girl made. Her voice is just too unique. <3

cyruz said:
Had some Mamiko Noto, too.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who recognized her from that. Made me worried about watching too much anime for a second ^^

Also, was that Wakamoto Norio singing in the bar?
NecoDeleroJul 20, 2009 2:46 PM

Jul 20, 2009 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCC-... My fear came true !!! I always knew that those damn reporters will lower this serie AWSOMENESS, & I was right. The only things that still make me grade this ep 5/5 is, as usual, because of GODDESS LIANG QI's brief appearance & Santana's badassness by satisfying my FUKKEN desire to beat the SHAT outta Mino or whatever name of the paparazzi dude. ( Way to go Santana !!! d(-_-)b)

New info gained: FUKKEN love triangle involved Alphard, Canaan & MOE shit girl. Judging Mrs. MOE's archetype, she will most likely die in the end so YAY for Canaan x Alphard. Now just need confirmation for the future dead or beating up of the reporter dude & I will be a happy panda :)

Now I have two more reasons to watch this show: LOL-ing over the reporter couple misfortune in the future & SANTANA. Hope more action next week, if I do not mistake, this show is named "Canaan" rite? So give us more Canaan ( secretly hoping for more LIANG QI SWAN) & less reporter couple's slice of life PUH-LEASE.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 20, 2009 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
Maybe that boy wanted to die or something along those lines. I guess a couple of sides of Canann were shown in this episode, the side where she is caring and really just a kid that wants to fool around and her regular side that Maria wants to stay oblivious of but was forcefully shown in the end. Their relationship is rather boring, but it is the only thing that was built on in this episode, well that along with some of that UA virus stuff.
Jul 20, 2009 3:15 PM

Dec 2007
this episode felt kinda sad.

Canaan making an eiffel tower with the string was great though.
Jul 20, 2009 3:31 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Canaan, though I had already guessed her past would have something to do with an important family member dieing and war in her hometown. And so sad, when Canaan said, "The color of rejection." T_T
Jul 20, 2009 4:19 PM

Aug 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
Only thing that really stood out this episode was the shouting of SUGOI and the Spice and Wolf 2 add in the middle (with gg adding in "Lelouch was the cart driver. Watch his and furry Kallen's adventures in Code Geass 3.")

Saw that too.

Well I got to say. I thought Maria knew that Canaan killed people. But gets scared in only this little moment? Weird.
Jul 20, 2009 4:26 PM

May 2009
Nice episode. Guns, mutants, cats and boobs.
Jul 20, 2009 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
It was quite suspenseful with the bomb there. Humorous with the stripper.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 20, 2009 6:14 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting episode its kind of lame that Maria is scared of Canaan now, and that it took so long for Canaan to kill him, and that maria feels remorse for the 'man' that kidnapped her, tied her up, and assaulted her.

Truthfully I wouldn't have missed Maria's character if she had died, but I guess she's necessary for a few more flash backs so we can understand the back story.
Jul 20, 2009 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
Okay I gotta agree that the intensity of the show went down this time, anyway it still had what makes it so different... You know the girls with guys plus the wackiest action scenes you can ever see on an anime this days... I really loved how the relationship of Canaan and Maria is going.... It looks like an innocent one at first but then it has some dark undertones... Like the one that Maria knows that Canaan is a killer or the apparent yuri here and there.... What I know is that the Virus stuff... the UA is pretty much interesting... For real... not joking... Kinda sounds like Umbrella is on the shadows of this project, but hey an actual reason to explain some character discrepancies is nice.... Now we kow why the Ojisan was with the "little" guy and Cannan is like that.... And Why Maria is so... Well... Why she doesn't completely fit the feel of the actual show hahaha... I have nothing else to say besides... SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI!! XD... And WTF with the Cat Girls!!!

Signs,
Green
Jul 20, 2009 7:03 PM

May 2009
Good episode.

Weird how the guy Canaan killed was the old man's brother back in episode 2. So people with the virus don't age, and have super strength?
Jul 20, 2009 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
iSwordsman said:
Good episode.

Weird how the guy Canaan killed was the old man's brother back in episode 2. So people with the virus don't age, and have super strength?

Yeah, Welcome to X-Men... er I mean Canaan's universe, my friend.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 20, 2009 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
its stupid to question how the intensity of the show has slowed down, i found it quite obvious that they would have to do that considering that there are a lot of questions surrounding canaan and some of the other characters, you cant expect the whole show to revolve around canaan killing a whole bunch of UA virus infected people.

CANAAN and Spice and Wolf 2 are the only two shows that just started that have me interested and wanting more right from the first episode, although i did try watching Bakemonogatari but simply didnt like it.

This episode was awesome in my opinion i cant wait to see more of this.
Jul 20, 2009 10:16 PM
Jul 2008
iSwordsman said:
From what I understand, the old man also had the virus in him. He was old because he had two hearts, which is what gave him his strength, at the cost of aging much faster than normal due to the strain.

What the virus seems to do is give it's host some sort of regenerative ability, allowing their bodies to take more abuse than normal (which is how the boy was able to get into that hole).
Jul 20, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2006
Nooooo evil Oz! Come back!
Jul 20, 2009 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Wow Canaan is really cold-blooded. Didn't even flinch when she killed the boy. But I wonder, why'd the boy want to die?

Jul 20, 2009 11:57 PM

Sep 2008
Factor said:

i have been thinking this as well :P

The first half wasn't to good but it began to pick up in the second half. The plot is really interesting now, i want to see how it plays out.
Jul 21, 2009 12:14 AM

Jan 2008
ColdBeans said:
Wow Canaan is really cold-blooded. Didn't even flinch when she killed the boy. But I wonder, why'd the boy want to die?
I was also wondering about that too. Didn't seem like the thing to do if he was trying to get revenge for her killing his brother. Hopefully that gets answered later.

I also don't know why Maria found it so shocking that Canaan would kill someone, especially after she already knows about her past and that the fact that her apartment was littered with guns must have just slipped by her.

Love the X-Men!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.