Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 2, 2012 5:31 AM

Jun 2010
"She found out, She found out, She found out"

DAMN THIS. I MIGHT GET A HEART ATTACK.
Sep 2, 2012 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
A lot of people of had mixed feeling about Taichi before this episode. Do his good intentions, though inexperienced and with a single perspective sense of righteousness, shine through to make him a likable character or not? In this episode, Taichi came clean and my distaste of him cleared up.

But all this points to the question of how one should analyze a character. Should we have accepted Taichi for who he is, a well-intentioned, average, selfish teenager, or questioned him on the poor decisions (or lack thereof) he makes? One way to answer the question is to consistent with the answer one gives for Heartseed. If one believes Heartseed is well-intentioned and thus a good person, the same should be applicable to Taichi. On the other hand, Heartseed's malevolent actions might convince one that it is a manipulative and evil being, in which case, the same should be true for Taichi: despite Taichi's well-intentions, his inexperience and lack of thought in his actions should form the basis for judgement of his character.

Since Aoki was given life for the first time in this episode, I feel obliged to say something about him. Even though Taichi has always been a few steps ahead of what Aoki himself wanted to be, it's refreshing to see him objective not filled with angst or jealously.
Sep 2, 2012 6:44 AM

Sep 2009
A chain of the controversies indisposed me to watch this show.
Sep 2, 2012 7:30 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Crawken said:
I'm a bit confused as to why he never showed up to Yui when she was doing the same thing that Inaba has been but to an even greater degree.
To me it is because much of what the others were doing centered around worrying about Yui, going to see her to try to drag her out, or fighting about/over her. In other words, her self confinement was causing trouble with the others in and of itself and thus probably was worth while to Heartseed just because of that. However, Inaba's 'issue' needs a little kick for it to really stir up trouble within the group.
Sep 2, 2012 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
Those controversy can't stop me from watching this awesome show! Even though they hurt me so bad. But I will recover for sure after 2 days and went back to my Kokoro Connect mode!! >< I can't wait for the next episode!! XD

Sep 2, 2012 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
I was looking forward to some more Inaban flags, but I never had much hope to see her winning, so I guess it's over. I'm still curious to see how they will handle this.

It took Heartseed a lot of time to visit someone. I thought the whole pressure of him making things worse would have been enough to force out anyone who thinks staying at home is a good idea (I'm looking at you Yui). 4/5.
Sep 2, 2012 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
They finally got Yui to go back to school and club. The group is almost back together again!

Heartseed visited Inaba and let her remember her feelings for Taichi to shake things up. Things are going to get tense at camp! Who will he end up with?

Sep 2, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
-MgZ_ said:

God I can't wait any longer lol.
Sep 2, 2012 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
Their hunger desires... hahaha
I'm actually looking forward to next week, to see what happens on the school trip!
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Sep 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Nov 2008
I look forward to episode 10 (finale) of this arc greatly ~
Sep 2, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
REALLY DIRTY THOUGHTS.

He's a good man, that Aoki.

And Heartseed appeared. He is the greatest alien-thing ever.
Sep 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
Oh God.I sense Inaban-arc...fuck.After i saw preview and lonely/sad look in Iori's eyes my desire was unleashed, and now i really want to crash something badly.I just KNOW what will happen next even without reading all spolers, so yeah.
I wish there is something like ''10 annoying characters'' on MAL to add, so i can add Inaba on top.
Nice to see Heartseed again.

5/5.
Sep 2, 2012 5:56 PM
Aug 2012
Omg next week is gonna be great
Sep 2, 2012 6:19 PM
Apr 2011
s2012k1993 said:
A lot of people of had mixed feeling about Taichi before this episode. Do his good intentions, though inexperienced and with a single perspective sense of righteousness, shine through to make him a likable character or not? In this episode, Taichi came clean and my distaste of him cleared up.

But all this points to the question of how one should analyze a character. Should we have accepted Taichi for who he is, a well-intentioned, average, selfish teenager, or questioned him on the poor decisions (or lack thereof) he makes? One way to answer the question is to consistent with the answer one gives for Heartseed. If one believes Heartseed is well-intentioned and thus a good person, the same should be applicable to Taichi. On the other hand, Heartseed's malevolent actions might convince one that it is a manipulative and evil being, in which case, the same should be true for Taichi: despite Taichi's well-intentions, his inexperience and lack of thought in his actions should form the basis for judgement of his character.

My opinion is that his poor decisions are part of who he is. Selfish, well-intentioned, average and yes, a teenager. Teenagers make poor decisions but it's part of growing up. He thinks he has good intentions and he really does believe it (part of his arrogance) but does not see the consequences and their affects on others. I think Taichi is still likeable because he at least realizes that the decisions he makes impacts more than himself on a greater degree. Although it's a bit unfortunate that he beat Aoki to the punch but I think his interaction with Yui made up for this.

For Heartseed. Well I can't speak for a plant with a mind of its own, but I'd like to think that he's not evil despite intentionally hurting Iori. There was thought behind his intentions to not kill her (or her phone?). He's not doing this for their own good (at least not intentionally or yet to be determined) so to me, he's just being a huge jerk. A selfish jerk who stirs things up for his own entertainment. Whether it benefits the group of friends or tears them apart is up to them. I don't think he really cares how it ends as long as he's entertained.
Sep 2, 2012 10:56 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Inaba. My heart goes out to her so much... Next episode is going to be amazing. Cannot wait <3

TaichixInaba forever! :D

Great episode, nice build-up:)
Sep 2, 2012 10:57 PM

Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:

OMG. I FELT THE SAME EXACT WAY. <33333
Sep 2, 2012 11:14 PM
Jul 2012
Ok, so even though i'm a huge Iori fan/Iorixtaichi fan. I'm very excited for next weeks episode cause the conflict between Inaba and Iori will begin. So i guess even though i like Iori. i still want to see her hurt for my emotional cravings to be satisfied. Her crying/weeping is sad, but at the same time "exciting".
Sep 3, 2012 12:30 AM

Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:

lol :D

Can't wait to see what Iori will say after finding it out...
Sep 3, 2012 6:42 AM
Aug 2012
rainbowdashmimi said:
Paperface088 said:
Ok, so even though i'm a huge Iori fan/Iorixtaichi fan. I'm very excited for next weeks episode cause the conflict between Inaba and Iori will begin. So i guess even though i like Iori. i still want to see her hurt for my emotional cravings to be satisfied. Her crying/weeping is sad, but at the same time "exciting".

I thought I was the only sadistic around here with their favorite characters, and I'm a pro-Inaban fan :P I'm more interesting in watching Inaba -break- than Iori, since Inaba is the one who don't present often her emotional side. However, what upset Iori the most is Inaba's insecurities, not her feelings for Taichi.... So don't expected too much from cliche cat fights of -love triangle- xD Iori and Inaba aren't those kind of friends. Their friendship is actually pure... Almost like Taiga and Minori's bond ( from Toradora) , only better :)
Sep 3, 2012 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
lol the food part :P and omg the next episode is gonna be amazing ^o^
Sep 3, 2012 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
Nice try Aoki is that your plan to get into Yui's pants? major fail!

Shit there is no running away from that guy.
Sep 3, 2012 5:44 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was really good in terms of explaining multiple theories about will power through Aoki and as well as the Inaba segment that follows. The Iori x Taichi despite being short resolved rather nicely too. Here are my thoughts,

About Iori x Taichi resolve and segment, I found a little too hyper Iori in the spoiler
but knowing her excitement of Taichi suddenly wanting to tell, it was expected of her hyperisme. However it quickly became quite the emotional emitting from Iori in the spoiler
with not only tears as a element but MOE with her blushes. The resolve going smoothly and nicely I cannot stress out how much of a appeal Iori was in the spoiler
in different senses while being also MOE and BRO-FIST cool with Taichi. That was one cool BRO-FIST TBH.

About Taichi/Aoki resolve, liked it a lot in 2 parts. First one in the spoiler
nicely showed at the resolved itself and Aoki got me a little nervous as to why WTF would he get so serious in expression till he lead in as to why. Iori being there was good too.

The second part was the youth talk and I certainly like the sound of the expression itself being at my age. The nice thing over the segment is the marvel of scenery in the spoiler
such as the effect it made itself on the youth talks and how it reflected its feel as 2 teenage boys talked about it. Quite a scenery melding into the conversation of the boys.

About Yui and Aoki/Taichi resolve segment, BEST FOR ME! I love DFC and therefore I love Yui not to mention her MOE in the following,

CANNOT BE BEATEN! Why? Pouting + blushing + MOE = deadly combo and the MOE/blushing effect IMO is balanced out expression wise. Truly I cannot see how much amazing it was if already the nice imagination of Aoki in the spoiler
nicely stitched shows of Yui and her sexy outlook in lingerie among the other depictions there.
Then comes my 3 points as to why I loved the conversation and rich expressions of Yui in the list
  • The first part in the spoiler
    was nice due to Aoki offering the love hotel deal. Now it sounds all too good but if he should succeed, it would prove he does not want Yui for sex at all! Does not want to love her for it. It would be Ultimate Proof of love. IMO he can do it and I hoped Yui would have said yes to it but alas no way. The pillow and plushy throws were a nice comedic part.

• The second part is the most vital and emotional for me in the spoiler
    for it proves that Taichi himself would not hurt Yui and that his reason is his love for her. Rather deep IRL feelings conveyed there. Loads of males use that line a lot and it’s a deep charmer TBH. So I really liked the emotional flow there of Aoki and Yui.

• The last was nice outburst of the love hotel deal being brought back in the spoiler
    but it’s what came after of the whole “Knight Kneeling” or the “Gentleman Stance #X” among the variation and huge choice of them. Aoki really impressed me with his ways there towards Yui.
Those 3 points being said, I think I said quite enough TBH in proving outright of how amazing the chemistry was of the love between Yui/Aoki.

Other than that I liked Aoki’s theory of Will power overwriting emotional response being 10 folded in power. That was rather interesting of Aoki and will power notion itself. It’s quite possible as he mentions. Depends on your will in thee end.

About Inaba segment, oh the terrible shit I wish to do with Heartseed by seeing his COCK UGLY FUNGUS POSSESSING SPIRITUAL SHIT FACE in the following,

Particularly when he made Inaba feel like he did in the spoiler
that was really not cool. I can so much as to understand perhaps Inaba restraining herself from her urges to masturbate with this whole Heartseed shit going on or from the fact she feels disgusted that she whored herself out to Taichi but that Heartseed resurfaces that problem that Inaba is trying so much to fight is UNFORGIVABLE! Perhaps Heartseed might be helping Inaba with her inner but he should remember he still a SOB that enforces shit upon those young people.

That being said got to thank for seeing Inaba’s mother in the spoiler
it was to see a glimpse of her. I also notice that Inaba’s brother in the spoiler
from the looks of his fashion might be a PLAYER to goes out with girls and has fun with them leading eventually to sex maybe? Well that type of Gino person.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic Dump in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/09/image-stitches-and-pic-dump-of-kokoro.html
Whom has nice Yui ones.

While speaking of fan service the new poster of this month in the spoiler
size reduced.

Shows the girls rather nicely in swimsuits, which reminds me that there most likely shall not be a beach episode from the looks of this series which makes it very nice to have such a poster.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 3, 2012 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
Inaba's middle school life is like my entire life.
Sep 3, 2012 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
Good to see Yui goes back to school again, but i don't quite understand why Aoki choses those kind of perverted words.. :D

Next episode would be interesting i hope!! :D
Sep 3, 2012 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
Looks great as always. Obviously they got everyone but Inaban back together and fine. I guess now the focus is on her and the new twist after fully realizing her feelings. Looking forward to what's next, especially since it's their first time outside of school (and other usual settings). 5/5

Sep 3, 2012 11:10 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's nice to see Yui finally getting over it and returning to school.

And Heartseed pays a personal visit to Inaba. Shit is gonna get real next episode.
Sep 4, 2012 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
I'm with Heartseed on this one. it was getting boring with Inaba taking the path of least resistance and i'm actually glad Heartseed came to shake her up.
Sep 4, 2012 4:18 PM

Sep 2012
Inaba is my favorite character, if she end up alone I'll dislike this good anime...
Sep 4, 2012 9:12 PM
Aug 2012
hopelimdo said:
Inaba is my favorite character, if she end up alone I'll dislike this good anime...

Dude, the novels. Read the novels. Volume one is 95 % almost finish and the second VL is getting a move on, but oh my god, don't worry. Inaba will remain fit (: Also, the light novels are better because you'll get a epilogue with her inner thoughts that may not be mention in the anime ._.
Sep 5, 2012 6:09 PM

Sep 2012
rainbowdashmimi said:
hopelimdo said:

Dude, the novels. Read the novels. Volume one is 95 % almost finish and the second VL is getting a move on, but oh my god, don't worry. Inaba will remain fit (: Also, the light novels are better because you'll get a epilogue with her inner thoughts that may not be mention in the anime ._.

Thanks for the infos, I'll search for the novels.
Sep 6, 2012 4:03 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Another wonderful episode.

I especially liked the fact that at this episode we learn that their most trivial of desires can also be unleashed. This had some nice comedic effect when the three of them were presented with the pile of food.
Sep 8, 2012 10:57 AM

May 2011
Oh fuck looks like Inaba is gunna end up revealing it to Iori next episode, time for some epic love drama. Ughh I am hoping that this will all end with Iori and Taichi still together since I ain't a Inaba fan. Doesn't look good tho.

Great to see Yui back to her cheerful self again.
Sep 9, 2012 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
Really great episode. Good to see Yui back to herself again. About time.

Oh, Heartseed, what are you up to now? I wonder what he's got planned for Inaba.

Next episode should be interesting. Things always have a tendency of happening on field trips.

And the food part was hilarious. Didn't think desires for food would come out so easily.
Sep 9, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
Man, Heartseed is a really good antagonist. His slow, disinterested voice is perfect for this 'un-human' observer character!
Sep 10, 2012 10:30 PM

Mar 2010
For one of the close to last episodes the shitty art is enough to make me cry and idk, the plot just feels so predictable and...blah. idk, I feel let down.
Sep 11, 2012 8:42 PM
Aug 2012
baracudaboy said:
For one of the close to last episodes the shitty art is enough to make me cry and idk, the plot just feels so predictable and...blah. idk, I feel let down.

As having the Light Novels as an update of the things.......You're wrong. Too wrong. And I feel bad for the people who'll drop or dropped the anime because the plot is too good.
Sep 14, 2012 6:31 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode but not exactly better than the last episode.
Hartseed is becoming my favorite character.
Yui sucks she looks like orhime too much.
4/5
Meykkei said:
I bet I'm going to hate next episode so much T^T
Inaba and Taichi has begun.

But Iori and Taichi will always be my OTP D:

All of you saying Inaba needs Taichi more.. bullshit. :C

Agreed
Sep 14, 2012 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
i actually really love heartseed.
he's the only one who can pull out the true feelings of the character, ESPECIALLY Inaba. I love love loved it when he visited her and gave her that shock...
so excited to see what the aftermath will be c:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2012 11:24 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I wonder what a gap in their memory really means. Will they really forget about everything?
Eksta said:
Inaba's middle school life is like my entire life.

True that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2012 6:16 PM

May 2012
It's getting pretty interesting now.
Oct 20, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2011
I wanted to see Yui and Aoki in a love hotel. :(
Oct 23, 2012 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
Hmm, it doesn't seem like Heartseed shook things up all that much to me..
Nov 3, 2012 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, so everyone makes up ... it's nice to see more of Aoki :3 I actually thought Yui said yes to the love hotel idea LOL XD Well in any case it's good that they've made up ... the scene with Aoki and Yui was ADORABLE! Same with Taichi and Iori's scene ... now all that's left is Inaba! :O
So Heartseed was talking to Inaba not Goto ... no clue how I mixed them up lol o_O So basically he just wants Inaba to stop "hiding"? That's an interesting way of doing it ... I wonder what he means when he said Goto wouldn't mind gaps in his memory? No idea if that's going to be important or not though ...
School trip next episode! I wonder how this will turn out ... looks like someone discovers Inaba's "secret feelings" about someone ... I wonder if those are her feelings for Taichi? Or maybe someone else? :O
Dec 12, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2012
It would be more interesting if it's not Taichi since it would be too simple.

a Iori/Inaba couple would be nice
Jan 13, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2010
I guess that was supposed to be a relieving episode. It went totally fine.

I'm waiting for things to get actually interesting...

Wait, do I start to sound like Heartseed? No way..!
Jan 14, 2013 2:07 PM

Oct 2011
Aoki telling Yui how much he loved her and all his thoughts was really sweet. I actually think Heartseed's visit to Inaba will change things a lot. She's finally admitted to herself her feelings for Taichi (I assume that's what it is) so it's bound to get very interesting.
Jan 23, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2012
Yep like thought a buildup... it almost reached it climax lets see what's next... the food scene was quite funny :p
Apr 13, 2013 12:25 PM
Nov 2012
This episode was really awesome. I feel I can give this anime a 10/10 now. It just has amazing amount of drama.

I loved the part when Aoki asks Yui to go to a love hotel, Just an epic win win and when Yui said "I will go", simply awesome.
Sep 21, 2013 7:51 AM
May 2012
Heartseed is helping them I think.

Well I think InabaxTaichixIori would work but oh well let's see what's next I hope the conclusion will satisfy me and Aoki is really good back there Aoki and Yui looks good together.
Jan 23, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2011
Aw! Taichi had an epiphany! Good for him, too. He always tries so hard ;-; "His head is usually in the right place, even if his methods aren't the best."

Omg Aoki: "Let's enjoy our youth!"
"I'm confident that my desire not to hurt you will always be stronger."
Too much cuteness >w<

Glad the band's getting back together, and now Inaba's up for her "trial". Next episode should really get the ball rolling for the rest of the show. Also, at first I'd wondered if Inaba had feelings for Iori, then I was certain it was Taichi... after all the suspicious images the OP/ED gave us /subliminal messaging. But it would be cool if they went all left field and made her crush Iori or something. We'll see. Loving the development of all the characters so far and am waiting for romance to bloom >o<
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.