Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2018 9:43 PM
Oct 2018
ragdollomega said:
Sevalra said:
So, I just got Crunchyroll for this and only see one episode... What's up?

Season just started. Next episode is Sunday.
Ahh okay... Sorry, someone just told me about this series and I thought there were more episodes out there. Thanks!
Oct 11, 2018 9:46 PM

Oct 2018
Sevalra said:

This series has attracted quite the tempest with merely its first episode so it is understandable why you would think otherwise. It is quite unfortunate and perplexing why given that Goblin Slayer was very popular before it ever received an anime adaption yet I see people complaining about it, people whom I know have read the manga and enjoyed it having itself had far more controversial and bare uncensored content yet are only now railing with the mass of controversy. I find it quite unfortunate and still very perplexing.
{~๐•ธ๐–Š๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฎ๐–š๐–‘๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š ๐–‰๐–” ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–—๐–š๐–’ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜~}
Oct 11, 2018 9:51 PM
Oct 2018
DatabaseDatabase said:
Sevalra said:

This series has attracted quite the tempest with merely its first episode so it is understandable why you would think otherwise. It is quite unfortunate and perplexing why given that Goblin Slayer was very popular before it ever received an anime adaption yet I see people complaining about it, people whom I know have read the manga and enjoyed it having itself had far more controversial and bare uncensored content yet are only now railing with the mass of controversy. I find it quite unfortunate and still very perplexing.
DatabaseDatabase said:
Sevalra said:

So far, so good. I don't see what's so controversial about it.
Oct 11, 2018 10:28 PM

Jan 2017
basically this....

Oct 11, 2018 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
definitely disturbing this anime is, it doesn't get much better in the manga either, just a little less rape apart from some flashback rape scenes which kind of count and naked, beaten female meat shields.
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the only characters that dont have the chance to get raped or killed are the ones in the main picture, otherwise well, shit.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Oct 12, 2018 12:36 AM
May 2016
Oh man this is still going on >.> all the crybabys will not care after 1 or 2 weeks EDIT : Why are stupid people here that call it a Isekai Anime ? This not one , Overlord , that slime thing this season , Konosuba , RE Zero these are Isekai but not Goblin Slayer
Oct 12, 2018 12:55 AM
Oct 2007
Finally got the chance to watch this. Now I get all the hype surrounding this series. Time for more!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2018 1:29 AM

Aug 2015
*Goblins start ripping off clothes, pulling her ass up*

*I get that feeling of paralysis when something bad is happening and you can't look away from it*
Oct 12, 2018 1:46 AM

Sep 2017
glassknuckles said:
*Goblins start ripping off clothes, pulling her ass up*

*I get that feeling of paralysis when something bad is happening and you can't look away from it*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAsaLcCwTE
Oct 12, 2018 7:16 AM
Aug 2018
I really love this new anime. Brutal and violent just what i need. I enjoyed very much the scene where the slayer kill the little goblins.
Oct 12, 2018 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
Other than the fact that someone got raped the rest of it was pretty good. I wanna see more of Goblin Slayer in action.

Set by SenpieX
Oct 12, 2018 9:38 AM

Sep 2017
I really enjoyed most of it, the only part that I disliked was the rape part however other than that I did love the guy killing all the goblins ^_^

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Oct 12, 2018 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum bruh, this shit's crazyyyyyyy
Oct 12, 2018 2:22 PM

Jan 2011
Nonsense. Honestly feels like an animated fanfict of some 14 year old. Can't even register it as ecchi since the animation is so, meh. Whatever, enjoy fellas.
Oct 12, 2018 3:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was pretty intense. I'm surprised something like this is getting done nowadays considering how incredibly puritanical young audiences are becoming. Crunchy even put up trigger warnings for my stream, LOL. That's a first.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 12, 2018 3:40 PM
Aug 2018
Wow! I was not expecting that type of start. Can't wait for the 2nd episode to see where this goes apart from slaying goblins left and right haha
Oct 12, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2011
For those that are interested of his and a few others past from the series.
https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100088483 and other small stories https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100279505 .
The last one is not registered in MAL manga
neopriestOct 12, 2018 3:57 PM
Oct 12, 2018 4:43 PM

Feb 2014
I mean a rookie inexperienced party... this was a given. I didn’t think it’d be this brutal though.

They got rekt.

I’m interested though. I’ll stick around for a few more eps
Oct 12, 2018 4:52 PM
Nov 2016
I think those dudes dont know right way to put fanservice in anime
Oct 12, 2018 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
wasn't planning to watch this LN adaptation but thanks to so many stupid threads and reddit post forced me to test this and..

honestly it was sure one heck of shock factor presented as people mentioned but not so much. I think there are more like this made especially during 80s or 90s ova so its surprising for me why people making too much fuse or analytical about like these theme when it is not new thing anime did. But gotta say the slight disturbing scene for me was that moment G. killer deciding to kill those innocent goblin baby.. (i mean they kinda looked cute..)

The setting can be reminds me of grimgar of ash - harsh reality and survival except the writing is kind of straightforward (which I hope get better) and this is NOT isekai so thats a positive.

Graphics especially action scenes were okay compare to last WF show which questioned many people if they have forgot to animate action scene. Dat badass goblin killer voice didn't feel fit to me and expected him to have deeper voice.

Overall I feel this is kind of popcorn entertainment show and mindless fun. Its kind of hard to drop so looking forward for later episodes orelse might wait for glorious BD edition.
removed-userOct 12, 2018 5:05 PM
Oct 12, 2018 5:47 PM
Sep 2013
Honestly at first I was more hyped because Mili is doing the OP and I thought "Sure, let's watch a dude kill some goblins," but that first episode was downright SAVAGE! I knew I'd enjoy this, but that strong episode pulled me onboard. I might even go back and read the manga too.

I just have a really good feeling. Also I'd say this is fantasy, not isekai. The characters already live in a world. It's not like they shifted worlds or anything.
Oct 12, 2018 5:54 PM

Mar 2009
moto_hellogoto said:
Do mods not exist on this site?

They're around, but I hold to my opinion that bringing back the forums was a huge mistake.
Oct 12, 2018 6:47 PM

Jul 2017
TomatoSempai said:
epidemia78 said:

Yep, many shows start off with scenes of mass murder like armies burning a village, terrorist attacks or even a global cataclysm that wipes out most of humanity and no one bats an eye. But this nameless anime girl's rape is just TOO MUCH.
Apparently getting raped is worse than getting killed (?)

apparently to some virgins rape is worse then death :thinking:
Oct 12, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
Glad to know I wasn't the only one uncomfortable with a lot of stuff that happened. I've read a lot of fucked up manga like Mai's Daily Life and some hentai with rape scenes, lots of bloody and gory series but this still made me feel sick because the execution was quite good. I haven't read the manga of Goblin Slayer but I might start reading it soon.

The parts that made me feel sick and uncomfortable were:

-Generic shounen-kun's death. He had a noble reason for going there, I'm sure he also wanted to brag but he still wanted to save those girls. However, he was in over his head and he was a newbie. Then the goblins ganged up on him and started stabbing him to death.

-Jesus Christ that rape scene fucked me up for a moment. Hearing her cries slowly fading into submission because she had no more hope left, fuck man.

-Goblin Slayer killing the goblin kiddos. Another "Jesus Fucking Christ" moment.

MC girl is cute, she reminds me of a girl from a Webtoon entitled Winter Moon, a girl named Risa who is also a healer but a gold digger too. So far she and Goblin Slayer are my faves. I'm glad they saved the girl who got raped, I hope she makes a comeback.

Despite all the shocking scenes, I'm glad I started watching this. I read the synopsis and saw lots of people reviewing on YouTube but finally picked up the first ep. I'll see this through to the end, might be my favorite gory/horror series for this season I know it's not categorized as horror but Jesus Christ man. lol
่‡ญใ„-
Oct 12, 2018 10:49 PM
Mar 2018
Cry and bitch all u want the producers in japan doesn't give shit to western audiences and as the manga and ln are doing pretty well in japan(i don't remember the exact figures) its probably gonna get a second or third season
And lol the producers and mangaka certainly don't care about mal ratings
Oct 12, 2018 10:54 PM

Sep 2017
hollowreaper541 said:
Cry and bitch all u want the producers in japan doesn't give shit to western audiences and as the manga and ln are doing pretty well in japan(i don't remember the exact figures) its probably gonna get a second or third season

I know, I'm happy about Japan not giving a fuck ,Its only a certain western audience of a certain political affiliations. its pathetic.
Oct 12, 2018 11:20 PM

Jan 2018
Dang... the amount of people hating on this show is ridiculous. The fact that they're all talking about the rape scene is stupid. Go watch Berserk, you god damn normies!
Oct 13, 2018 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
People are so triggered about the rape, but ffs, the killing of that poor guy and that poisoned mage woman were so much more brutal. At least the raped girl survived; and yeah, she's traumitized, but the rape didn't even last long. I guess goblin dick could be too big to handle though, probably really hurt. But not as much as the man who was hacked to fucking pieces

Bibimbapski said:
Glad to know I wasn't the only one uncomfortable with a lot of stuff that happened. I've read a lot of fucked up manga like Mai's Daily Life and some hentai with rape scenes, lots of bloody and gory series but this still made me feel sick because the execution was quite good.

You've read fucking Mai's Daily Life (where a
) yet this minor rape scene was more disturbing to you? Are you shitting me?
removed-userOct 13, 2018 12:11 AM
Oct 13, 2018 12:16 AM

Jul 2015
SkyLETV said:
...also, this transition was very weird, like, the goblins beat the shit out of her, you even see axes between the silhouettes, you hear the girl's moaning and then you see her with just a few scratches and you're like, does the girl have super healing or something?
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! It really looked like they were stabbing her with the axes and what not, but then when they all of a sudden show her, she doesn't even seem like she got hit that badly? Like hello? Continuity? Lol..

On another note, not too sure how I feel about all the rape scenes. I mean it's good that it's being faithful to the manga (toned down just a bit), but at the same time, is it really necessary to be that intimate/explicit with them? Idkkkkkkkkk

โ™”
caught in the wonder
โ™”
Oct 13, 2018 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
Gem said:
SkyLETV said:
...also, this transition was very weird, like, the goblins beat the shit out of her, you even see axes between the silhouettes, you hear the girl's moaning and then you see her with just a few scratches and you're like, does the girl have super healing or something?
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! It really looked like they were stabbing her with the axes and what not, but then when they all of a sudden show her, she doesn't even seem like she got hit that badly? Like hello? Continuity? Lol..

On another note, not too sure how I feel about all the rape scenes. I mean it's good that it's being faithful to the manga (toned down just a bit), but at the same time, is it really necessary to be that intimate/explicit with them? Idkkkkkkkkk

If anything, the rape wasn't shown enough to truly make an impact.
Also, the axes the goblins were using were likely used to shred her clothes.
Oct 13, 2018 12:36 AM

Jun 2013
HeroicIdealism said:
People are so triggered about the rape, but ffs, the killing of that poor guy and that poisoned mage woman were so much more brutal. At least the raped girl survived; and yeah, she's traumitized, but the rape didn't even last long. I guess goblin dick could be too big to handle though, probably really hurt. But not as much as the man who was hacked to fucking pieces

Bibimbapski said:
Glad to know I wasn't the only one uncomfortable with a lot of stuff that happened. I've read a lot of fucked up manga like Mai's Daily Life and some hentai with rape scenes, lots of bloody and gory series but this still made me feel sick because the execution was quite good.

You've read fucking Mai's Daily Life (where a
) yet this minor rape scene was more disturbing to you? Are you shitting me?

Nope, Mai's Daily Life was definitely more disturbing, gonna be honest, I was depressed and anxious for almost a month after finishing that manga. It was like poison coursing through my veins but eventually got over it. Plus, I have a health condition which makes me more prone to anxiety, etc. and watching things like that just stays with me for a while before it goes away. Actually, after watching episode 1 of Gobin Slayer, the shock effect went away after half an hour.
่‡ญใ„-
Oct 13, 2018 1:22 AM

Sep 2016
Damn, 800+ replies already. The last time I remember something like this was with Re:Zero back in 2016. The hype is real.
Oct 13, 2018 5:29 AM
Oct 2018
To tell you the truth it was okay. It could be much better. They left the backstories of the Party out. Therefore you're not emotionally involved with the deaths of them. Ofc you felt pity.

I'll get the feeling it's gonna be just an okay show.
Oct 13, 2018 7:02 AM

Sep 2011
I'm just laughing on how these goblins are perverts. Time to expect some doujin!

Then again, I can't say I'm not disturbed on what I see but it doesn't mean I don't like it. I'm now more curious on this Goblin Slayer.

And then we have these people who are getting butthurt because of the rape? Please go find some vanilla shit elsewhere.
TennoujiOct 13, 2018 7:08 AM

Oct 13, 2018 7:47 AM

Apr 2018
Someone being killed is ok
But someone being raped is a desaster
Smh
Oct 13, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
Alright first episode and I got a couple of things to say. First, so glad they didn't censor the blood, censoring gore annoys me more than censoring the plot. Second, the protagonist is pathetic af. Being weak is understandable, that's what it means being a newbie and it gives room for growth but one look and I know she's a sore loser like that fat fuck from Accel World very far from someone like Deku. She walks with a hunch on her back, holds her staff with two hands close to her chest, scaredy looking face, gasps at every tiny little thing and shit. Pathetic. Hopes she gets better soon. Third, glad that first party of hers got wiped, they're so smug, acts like they know everything about the weakest of the monsters and now they got killed and raped by those same monsters. I was actually rooting for the goblins at first lol. Fourth, the rape scene, guess it was ok but I'm worried that the show will capitalize on that to make it "dark" and we will see mindless and pointless rape scenes every episode to tug on the viewer's heartstrings like " oh more rape this show is so serious" I mean I get it these goblins rape women but I hope there's point to it. I'm thinking along the lines of Elfen Lied but I'm not hopeful. Lastly, kinda stupid to question but is this show really gonna focus only on goblins? That would suck.
PrimeXOct 13, 2018 8:07 AM
Oct 13, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
PrimeX said:
Pathetic. Hopes she gets better soon.
You have to remember that although she is considered an adult in the world of Goblin Slayer, she's still 15. She does get better though.

Lastly, kinda stupid to question but is this show really gonna focus only on goblins? That would suck.
Yes, goblins are going to be the main focus. But each mission they take has enough variation to not feel repetitive.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 13, 2018 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Satisfying yet mildly disappointing, I was actually expecting more explicit rape and some shown nipples, primitive knives with piss and poison on it and the background story of the beaten newbie adventures...

well I'm just for the sound especially for GS, I'm so happy that he was able to do his role perfectly unlike when he was hospitalized while voicing Kircheis.
Oct 13, 2018 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
LaughingCoffinx said:
hollowreaper541 said:

I know, I'm happy about Japan not giving a fuck ,Its only a certain western audience of a certain political affiliations. its pathetic.

It's not political affiliations. Stop with the SJW strawman bullshit. Also, this is a formum to express opinions, praise, or grievances, in spite of how producers or creators across the world feel about.

HeroicIdealism said:

If anything, the rape wasn't shown enough to truly make an impact.
Also, the axes the goblins were using were likely used to shred her clothes.

The most disturbing part of the rape is more so that it was used so cheaply. I mean in the context of anime/entertainment is effectively part of the make-a-villain starter kit. Not really surprised given how rape/sexual harassment/and the misunderstandings of such are such a big part of anime.

Hypocritical part of me is that I've watched plenty of rape manga, hentai etc. but the rape in an actual anime seems to grab me in more. Perhaps because I assume it's given more weight in non-h. This is rarely the case, hell, in a few it's never mentioned before. Shock points at most.
QWERTYFish25Oct 13, 2018 1:19 PM
Oct 13, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
I think I won't like this show, not because It's "dark". In fact, I must admit, I like to see the typical anime optimist fantasy group cliche being slaughtered in their first adventure. No mercy for hotty, loli or fan favorite archetype character, It changes. :)

Plus, I kinda like the idea of the Goblin Slayer, an anime "Doom Guy". For once, we don't get a enthusiast likeable idiot protagonist, blessed by plot-armor unknow divinity,or an unlikable edgy brat in a teenage fable period, we get a "high-functionnal psychotic" professional.๏ปฟ

But It's a J-RPG fantasy anime-manga afterall...
I'm sure the "dark" aspect of the show is the only thing Goblin Slayer has to offer before being buried under a load of anime cliche-fanservice craps. Just the world where they are is so....J-RPG.

So I don't even try to continue...
BalongOct 13, 2018 2:32 PM
Oct 13, 2018 9:24 PM

Aug 2010
Pleasantly surprised with Ogura Yui. I've listened to her voice many times in many different shows and this is the first time it's different from her usual self while still being recognizable as her, and I absolutely love it. The character design isn't anything special but for some reason I find Priesty absolutely gorgeous.

Besides that, I really like shows that take one aspect we take for granted and turn it into something ruthless. I did check the Manga beforehand, didn't look too deep into it because I was busy and not too long after the anime adaptation was announced, so I was pretty aware what the show was about. Still don't see what the outrage is about, I like it so far, 8/10 opening episode in my books.
Oct 13, 2018 11:50 PM
Nov 2016
he said why my pee pee hard
the anime could seriously be better, but they are cutting some important parts that could get you to understand more.
all the attention the anime is getting could be good or bad is they keep cutting stuff.
Is too early to say the if anime is going to be good.
the complains about the rape are just crybabys that like to get into the SJW bandwagon.
still is a good thing that the anime is getting some attention.
Oct 14, 2018 6:28 AM
Apr 2017
Honestly I didn't expect it to be this gruesome, it seems like some classic fantasy fairy tale, bu oh boy... this was something.
Oct 14, 2018 12:02 PM
Jul 2011
I guess this is the new Akame Ga Kill type of anime expect the shock value is is constantly dialed up to 11.

They not even trying to pretend to have character build up or development lol. Cross referencing the manga of the same scenes from this episode they excluded the little origin flashbacks of the rookies (unless it's in ep2). Sword guy wanted to be adventurer after listening to grand tales from other veterans. Fighter girl learn martial arts from her father who passed away. Wizard girl was praised highly during academy and was told she had a bright future. There was a little bit of focus on her staff given to her by the higher ups at academy which was supposed to make the scene with the goblins breaking her staff so effortlessly mean a little bit more.

Regardless I thought it was amusing how the rookie adventurers was almost a parody of the type of characters in the more lighthearted Isekai/D&D-ish like series but this series shows what happens when things get real. Priest girl tried to warn them that maybe they should have prepared more. Power of friendship doesn't work in this universe, lol.

They had balls to go through the rape scene in such detail, I guess this means this series won't be Toonami friendly now heh. Even though the manga shows more nudity and golbin juice from the aftermath the anime made it seem more brutal with hearing Fighter girl's painful outcries and the way the golbin clench her butt with his razor claw nails for the initial penetration . Akame Ga Kill anime didn't really go that far.

Goblin Slayer guy was amazing to watch, straight to point. No bullshit. Pretty much the anti-typical protag. What you see in the title is what you get.

Gen2K_Oct 14, 2018 12:09 PM
Oct 14, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2009
Gen2K_ said:
I guess this is the new Akame Ga Kill type of anime expect the shock value is is constantly dialed up to 11.

Wrong, there is no plot like overthrowing the evil government and there will be like maybe 1 more raped girl and no more of it.
Oct 14, 2018 7:45 PM
Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
Wrong, there is no plot like overthrowing the evil government and there will be like maybe 1 more raped girl and no more of it.

I meant in terms of shock and edge value that mainly gets people talking about it above anything else. Not the actual plot details.
Oct 14, 2018 8:11 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty engaging start. I've read the manga and LNs so I knew what to expect, but damn it feels so much heavier with the voice acting. I'm a bit iffy though that White Fox skipped some of the minor details (such as the dagger used to stab the mage being laced with goblin piss, excrement, and poison herbs). They sound trivial, but these little tidbits are a big part of what made the GS world come to life in the manga and LN. The violence and sexual scenes have also been toned down considerably, although that's not a big deal for me.

Looking forward to see how they will adapt the source material.
Oct 14, 2018 10:56 PM
Oct 2016
All I can say is that my mind was telling me no, but my body was telling me yes during that rape scene...

Never been so angry at my own dick. O.0
Oct 14, 2018 11:16 PM

Feb 2015
Our story starts with Onna becoming an adventuress and joining a team to kill goblins, as the story continues they were butchered by them, completely destroying the team, even kidnapping the girls. Onna, on the verge of defeat, met the Goblin Slayer, a strong adventurer that end with all goblins life, explains her how they work and save her. Finally joining her to his adventure.

Strong start, I have to say that the beginning is like every fantasy anime that I have watched but is like 10x more brutal, the rape and the goblin kids left me impressed. The animation is good but some 3d scenes were bad. I hope they can fix or left 3d out. Impressing scenes, hopefully it won't finish here.
Oct 15, 2018 9:23 AM

May 2009
Gen2K_ said:
bastek66 said:

I meant in terms of shock and edge value that mainly gets people talking about it above anything else. Not the actual plot details.

There is no shock anymore.
Pages (20) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Weird sound

z0idberger - Jun 4

12 by Monkadude15 »»
Jun 5, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.