Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Servant x Service
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 3, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2012
is getting better and better, definitely the best of this season
Aug 3, 2013 11:52 PM

May 2010
Hasabe's sister was hilarious. I loved her. OMG Hasabe is the least hyper, just what is with this family? xD I love how Taishi was worried about Lucy but too bad, he has a girlfriend. It's Megumi woah. So it's Hasabe x Lucy, huh. Well I like these couples too...yeah... She entered Toko's room instead xD Awesome episode.
TragicRomanceAug 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Aug 3, 2013 11:56 PM

May 2010
What a surprise ichimiya and Megumi is dating ^^
Aug 4, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2012
Lol, can't believe they were dating all along! Epic! Was an amazing episode, that Hasebe dance XD.

Lol, loving the girlfriend's sense of humour, couldn't stop laughing when she cosplayed as the sister. XD

Suddenly this show just went from good to very good IMO.

Aug 4, 2013 3:38 AM

Apr 2012
The sign of a really good anime is when the closing credits take you by surprise and this is one of them!
Aug 4, 2013 4:20 AM

Aug 2012
Siesta said:
Senran Kaguya LOL
I'm really shocked. They were in a relationship.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that reference.
.................................................................................
Aug 4, 2013 4:21 AM

Sep 2011
apparently the fifth difference is the sweat; i dont think it was shown when it was aired. but the website gives you the answer

nevertheless good episode with cute reactions from Hasebe.

and Megumi x Ichimiya i didnt expect that
Aug 4, 2013 5:27 AM

Dec 2007
TeNShIkA said:
apparently the fifth difference is the sweat; i dont think it was shown when it was aired. but the website gives you the answer

nevertheless good episode with cute reactions from Hasebe.

and Megumi x Ichimiya i didnt expect that

Double checking, I can see the sweat is quite clearly not on Lucy's face in either frame in the version I watched, so unless they aired a version with that somewhere else, we can probably assume it to have been intended as a joke/prank. The real one only had 4 differences.

That aside, this was the best episode by far, and if this keeps up, I'll have to revise my opinion of the show up a few notches. It's definitely picking up steam, especially compared to the rather lackluster start.

And am I the only one now craving for a Hasebe family spinoff?
Aug 4, 2013 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
Answer to that finding the difference question
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2013 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
when that episode started with "i'm actually a girl. but please don't tell anyone." i was sitting there with my mouth wide open. so many people were joking about hasebe being a trap last week and i actually didn't take it seriously, but after that scene i was like "nooo way! they're really doing that?" i can't deny i was a bit disappointed after finding out it's just his sister :D

but wait... megumi and taishi? and they've been together for more than a year??? i did not see that coming... their relationship seems kind of weird in general. they've been together for so long, but they don't seem to be close at all.

also, hasebe looks really, really cute with glasses and hair pins :3
Aug 4, 2013 8:02 AM
Feb 2013
Lucy meeting the Hasebe siblings, nice.
Aug 4, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
mrmuk said:
An anime which actually shows two characters in a relationship? This is awesome^^

It's not the first time I've seen that-though I do think I understand what you mean about it being nice to see an actual relationship.
As for Chihaya and Senpai here though I want to see more of them together before I think I can decide if I like them or not- So far it's just giving me the impression that he's being abused (Or blackmailed in some way) when I see how frightened of her he is.
I'd be interested to see who asked who out first.... he doesn't look like he's got enough backbone and I really just can't see much love from her end when she doesn't seem to care when she has him cowering and on the verge of tears.
In the flash back to when he was raising Toko- he seemed much more confident.... and I realize that part of his reason for cowering is due to Toko herself.... it doesn't help me with how I see his interactions with Chihaya though.

I think I might actually like Toko if she wasn't screaming at or threatening the other characters so much most of the time.
Most of what she does, even being a tsundere, or having a brother complex doesn't explain or excuse most of what she does or says as far as I'm concerned... most Tsundere characters I see I actually like.
That's probably because I alternate between being a tsunshun and a tsundere myself.... also it might be because most have elements to their personalities that aren't so bad at times, they can either turn it off for short periods of time or tone it down.... she's always like that though with only short flashes of likable-ness.... that's hard for me to see her as anything other than a B!t@#.
She reminds me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with the rapid mood and personality changes.

As I said- I can somewhat understand what you mean about an actual relationship- I like a lot of harem and reverse harem animes (And I am aware this isn't one of those- but I'm using them as an example)- Usually the outcome is inconclusive or not what I had hoped for.
2 examples of some nicely portrayed relationships I've seen are: Clannad and Tsubasa R Chronicles.
Clannad TV did a good job of showing two characters in a relationship.
With all of the animes that have characters either stripping themselves, each other of unable to keep their hands, or lips too themselves (I have no problem with it really, but it gets boring to see it all of the time in so MANY animes).
It was refreshing to see two characters in love and hardly ever see them do more than hug and give each other gentle reassuring touches at times.... and still they were able to portray the feeling of love, romance (Although they were both very(Almost painfully at times) shy)

Another one that managed it fairly well was Tsubasa.... although it never felt quite like Shaorun and Sakura were in a romantic relationship- more like they were depending on and caring for each other.
That was mostly due to their situation though that I didn't get that feeling.
There were a few others that showed a nice relationship between characters but I can't remember them all ATM.
I know this is a comedy- but I hope that we see at least 1 relationship like that in this anime too..... I know it's not Clannad (Witch as far as I'm concerned was epic(Not counting the movie) and I don't know if any romance can equal it's epic-ness).
Anyway- that's my take on the situation between those 2... lol though I'm not sure if anyone cares.
Aug 4, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2009
Hasebe for Character of the Year. I'm actually surprised by this series. I was hesitant about watching it back when it came out with the first couple episodes just sitting on my HDD. I finally watched them and it's now probably on the top for my series of the season.

Definitely the most likeable characters in a series since Hyouka.

Also Hasebe's sister is adorable as fuck.

ayoCrumbsAug 4, 2013 8:48 AM
Fear is the mind killer.
Aug 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
Ichimiya is the type of guy that definitely needs a dominant girlfriend and one that could be liked by Tohko.
Guess he has it hard with that.
Chihiya could have been a little more aggressive towards him would have been nice, which would also have improved the Tohko walking in on them scene but i guess it's not that type of anime.
Maybe next time i guess.

I liked Hasabe's sister she is a nice addition and i would say her personality is even more of a tease than that of Hasabe i hope we will see more of her.
I am also wondering about Lucy just what type of life did she lead to not understand all that harassment towards her.
Aug 4, 2013 9:21 AM
Dec 2012
It felt like they were desperately trying to be funny with cheesy comedy. A show can be funny even if they are not trying to be funny. e.g. Kino's Journey. Since the show seems intended for mature audience, I wish it was executed in a different way.
Aug 4, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
dafuq? XD so that senpai has a girlfriend.. and it is megumi XD shit just getting reall. .XDDDDDDDDD

it just getting more funny XD

lol XD

the hasebe family make me really laugh out loud! XD

Hybridbloodszak said:

The Hasebe Family

Aug 4, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2011
ooraloo said:
Wow, this episode is great. Chihaya is just hilarious. Oh, and here's the solution.

They're just barely visible on my screen. Did not notice the sweat drops at all. >.<
Aug 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
Zel_Ezl said:
Lol. When Hasebe's sister said that he was really a girl I thought he's a trap but I'm so happy when the real Hasebe appeared!!!

Ahahah I was like The Fuuuuuuuuuuuck when I first seen that.

Same here i was like no Fuckin way dude!
Aug 4, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
I love how lucy thinks Hasebe is a total PIMP MAC DADDY with chicks

and that there is NO way i could do this

I was waiting for the zipper to shoot across the room ha would of been Boobalicious ;)
Aug 4, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
Aw, I was sad when the episode ended, I can't get enough of this series ^^

That relationship xD

Aug 4, 2013 4:42 PM

Dec 2009
Aug 4, 2013 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
That was one of the most hilarious episode I've ever seen! Laughed so damn loud XD
Aug 4, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2011
So many good moments in this episode.
Dem hoodie puppies.
Senran Kagura,
Hasabe-ke.
Yandere Megumi.
Imouto~
Seifuku Megumi.

Bah. I can't take it. Toko, please become my imouto and step on my face~
Aug 4, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
I'm really starting to like the opening. Also, I'm glad there is more romance for everyone. I'm feeding with it.

ooraloo said:
Wow, this episode is great. Chihaya is just hilarious. Oh, and here's the solution.

Oh damn, thanks. I was just missing those sweat drops.
Aug 4, 2013 6:30 PM
Feb 2013
OMFG I SHIP Hasebe x Lucy <3

Totally adorable! >/////<
Aug 4, 2013 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
Lolz I admit I didnt see Ichimiya and Megumi as the first office couple to be shown (or that would even be one) but it kind of fits if you think about it .. perhaps uh this christmas eve will not result in him spending time with his sister ? lol.

And so much good Lucy! (and the Hasebe family lol)
Aug 4, 2013 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
sirwence said:
Lolz I admit I didnt see Ichimiya and Megumi as the first office couple to be shown (or that would even be one) but it kind of fits if you think about it .. perhaps uh this christmas eve will not result in him spending time with his sister ? lol.

maybe they'll spend it together...all 3 of them, under the guise of celebrating Toko's birthday lol
Aug 5, 2013 6:08 AM
Aug 2012
Holy hell that Hasebe(s) scene in the beginning threw me off so hard! And definitely didn't see IchimiyaxMegumi coming at all ;_;
Aug 5, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2013
Ichimiya x Megumi... couple? That caught me off guard. Kind of an interesting pairing apart from the fact that Ichimiya is a huge pussy all the time. But then again, I suppose that's his role. Lucy, on the other hand, is just plain clueless. -_- I almost feel bad for Hasebe because he seems like a genuine guy... *sigh* :( I liked his sister though haha she was hilarious. That flashback when she was questioning him about whether he brought Lucy over for a threesome... and how she'd 'love' to do it LOL. Hasebe's family sure is full of interesting people.
Aug 5, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2010
Lucy is such an airhead and Hasebe's sister really likes to take advantage of that!

And Chihaya is really dating Ichimiya huh? He's annoying though, he only talks about others (his sister) and is practically apologizing for the fact they're going out. Wimp.

Aug 5, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2013
Loved this episode! Hasabe had that Senran Kagura eroge lol. I think I saw Zoro, Rei, and Miku as figures on his shelf too. Megumi is so cute/funny.
Aug 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2009
So much QUALITY in this episode.
Aug 6, 2013 4:43 AM

Apr 2013
and I actually thought Haseb's sister was a girl like I was like Holy....
Aug 6, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2010
Two surprises with Hasebe's sister and Chihaya's relation
Lucy is actually getting more attractive with her giant boobs and cowlick :P
Aug 6, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
LOL, funny episode! So many wtf moment here xD, even Lucy's hiccups stopped because of surprise,,
Hasebe's sister is nice but rather crazy too, sasuga Hasebe family, I'm eagerly waiting for Lucy to met with the father now.. I like how Hasebe dressed differently at home, and he's an otaku! Also Ichimiya is actually in a relationship with Chihaya, for over a year already, lol!
Aug 6, 2013 12:52 PM
Nov 2009
This show is so funny :)
Aug 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, thought Hasabe turned into a trap character.
Aug 7, 2013 1:27 AM
Apr 2009
i'm almost certain it was hasebe father that approved the name for lucy
Aug 7, 2013 2:36 AM

Sep 2012
Not surprised that the woman is not really Hasebe Yutaka himself but

Surprised that Kaoru is voiced by Kabayashi Yuu
Surprised that Chihaya and Ichinomiya are dating
Surprised to see Senran Kagura in this anime
Surprised to see Yutaka actually looks quite hapless in private, particularly when his sister is around
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 8, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2013
DAMN I WAS RELIEVED THAT HASEBE IS A MAN!!! Dat onee-san TROLLING LEVEL OVER9000!!!!

ROFL this episode and this series never fails to amuse me :3
Tch.
Aug 9, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
uhh, so Hasebe' sister doesn't mind to do 3some with Hasebe and Lucy? XD

judging by what i learned from this ep, i wouldn't be surprised if Hasebe's father is the one who approved Lucy's name long time ago...

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 10, 2013 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
damn... this ep was too funny... threesome with sister -.- HAHAHHA

megumi was cute in this episode...

AND TOKO HAHAHAH

5/5
Nekomimi!!
Aug 10, 2013 9:03 PM
Jan 2013
Megumi is perfect for him, if he'll just get a backbone. She understands his situation, she knows how to handle his sister (Imouto had the idiot ball in this episode, for sure, though), and she's patient with his personality.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Aug 12, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
Love this episode. Hasebe and his family xD
Aug 13, 2013 10:01 PM

Jun 2013
I did not expect one thing in this whole episode!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Aug 17, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
Okay, the beginning of the episode REALLY scared me, I thought Hasebe's sister was him at first, and fell for the "I'm really a female" thing...I was about to throw my laptop out my window -sweatdrop-
But this episode was pretty good, It's cute how Chihaya & Ichimaya are dating ^_^
Aug 21, 2013 12:39 PM

Aug 2011
Hasebe's sister is such a troll!

I really didn't expect Megumi and Ichimiya to date at all. Nice twist.

This show's getting good.
Aug 22, 2013 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
Dammit, this show is so good
Aug 28, 2013 2:09 AM
Jul 2018

To think that Ichimiya is dating Chihaya and they seem so casual at work.
I need more of HasebexLucy. :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Servant x Service Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2013

143 by Shocked »»
Aug 27, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Servant x Service Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

67 by AshRayKay »»
Jun 14, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Servant x Service Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

113 by AshRayKay »»
Jun 12, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Servant x Service Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2013

89 by AshRayKay »»
Jun 7, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Servant x Service Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Kirukato05 »»
Apr 7, 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.