Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 2, 2013 2:38 AM

Jul 2007
VioLink said:
When did he learn teleportation? I thought that was her skill.

Nope. Previous episode pretty much stated its his(maid pretty much asked him on why he hides and leaves letters instead of coming to visit directly, since he can teleport anytime he wants). Even before that there were implications that this hero also has maxed out his mage and is capable on some hax spells as well.
Feb 2, 2013 3:13 AM

Jun 2011
I love the romance in this anime, and the art is still very much to my taste ^^

I'm still a bit concerned about the pace this story is going at, and the place is changing quite fast so it gets a bit confusing sometimes... So far so good, anyway ^^
Feb 2, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2008
This is just frustrating. Figures that only the japanese can make two people that like each other and are basically married yet still afraid to hold hands as well as not even kissing for 2 years. It's fucking laughable how ridiculous that is. Especially considering that this is a european style setting.

The first episode got my hopes up, but with every episode since my enjoyment have been steadily dropping.
Feb 2, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
QuiGonJon said:
Wtf was that cop-out on the kiss scene, I mean really? :P
Japan be troll'n.
Feb 2, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2012
lovely episode, mao x yuusha :3
kawaii

"You are my light"
Feb 2, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2010
Really? He returned after a year and that's all they do? *mega-facepalm*

Anyway, nice to see the Hero in action for a bit.

Feb 2, 2013 10:28 AM

Mar 2008
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

See this (1:30-5:20)? Now stop comparing Maoyuu with Spice and Wolf.
Thanks.
Feb 2, 2013 10:50 AM
Jun 2008
...not sure why suddenly S&W"video show up here -_-"
Feb 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
MorningGlory said:

Just an example of a well done interaction between a couple.
Feb 2, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Justicar said:
This is just frustrating. Figures that only the japanese can make two people that like each other and are basically married yet still afraid to hold hands as well as not even kissing for 2 years. It's fucking laughable how ridiculous that is. Especially considering that this is a european style setting.

The first episode got my hopes up, but with every episode since my enjoyment have been steadily dropping.

I know right -_-
Feb 2, 2013 1:27 PM
Feb 2012
An enjoyable episode.
The focus stays on the rest of the world for the first part of the episode and then proceeds to center around Yuusha's short but important return to his loved one. Them reuniting was a cute scene in my eyes and perfectly portrayed their relationship as a whole. Now I'm not sure whether they did kiss or not... it'd be nice if they did but I also wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case given their mutual shyness.
The episode ends with another war announcement and I, for one, am looking forward to see what's going to happen next.

P.S. For a second there I was surprised as to how casually the Knight reacted to Maou's revelation but then it was shown that Yuusha told the former beforehand about the latter's real identity. It was still nice that she accepted Maou as a friend and love rival.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 2, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2011
It was an sokayz episode but I still enjoyed it. I wish the hero and Demon King kissed since its been a whole year oh wells.
Feb 2, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2011
Loved the meeting/argument between Hero and DK. The back and forth bickering was brilliant and the wonderful animation just made it superb!

This has been a wonderful surprise series for me this season. Loving it!
Feb 2, 2013 4:30 PM
Jun 2008
PaninaManina said:
MorningGlory said:

Just an example of a well done interaction between a couple.
S&W is an award winning chosen by professional. Of course,the interaction and atmosphere quality was better than Maoyu..THIS NOVEL DOESN'T EVEN HAVE NAME.Beside that, he actually write the entire Novel in scrip form,maybe because he is lazy to write proper Novel....T_T"
While Maoyu is just a web Novel loved by many fans .The guy who see its potential and choose it was a retired game designer lol...
You could describe this actually similar to SAO, fine work chosen because of fan, not professional.I personally think that Maoyu is an addictive and enjoying master piece.
Hate to say this, but I actually enjoy reading this than S&W xD
MorningGloryFeb 2, 2013 4:40 PM
Feb 2, 2013 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
Damn no kiss scene!
It made me go "NOW KISS DAMIT!!"
It's a shame they didn't show us hero kicking ass in the bar.
Demon King is very lovable in this ep.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Feb 2, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2009
This show is at its best whenever Yuusha and Maou are together interacting. The more of that there is, the more enjoyable the show is.
Feb 2, 2013 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
Kiss already damnit! =_="

Maou is so cute and beautiful at the same time it's illegal! Yuusha is just wasting his life not spending the invaluable time with her! One year is way too long!

I hope we get to see a kiss by the end of the anime. Otherwise I will be really really disappointed. :|

Onna Kishi is lovely, too! But it's obvious that Yuusha is in love with Maou, so poor girl has no chance whatsoever.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 2, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
This episode bored me :/

Feb 2, 2013 10:40 PM

Apr 2009
Oh, so Hero's work in the Demon World had deferred screen time instead. Excellent, I thought they condensed and cut it all into a few flashbacks last episode.

The expedition to Aurora Island failed miserably, and led to the rise of the Winter Prince to the throne as the Lone Winter King. Demon Queen's confession to Female Knight about her true identity was a good scene. Being the Demon King technically isn't a sin, after all.

The dance scene was a very nice moment. I also enjoyed that little back and forth they had after Hero suddenly appeared in front of her after one whole year. Lol, Hero using his teleport spell to catch up to Demon Queen in the other side of the room.
Feb 2, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
Im not usually on the side to dislike a well liked series.
But i am on this own.
The first half was boring.
The Hero annoys me.
Feb 3, 2013 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
Jesus, that pillow spends more time with Maou than Yuusha does. I don't even know why they didn't kiss. Oh well.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 3, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
*Reads/hears last line of episode spoken*
*Reads/hears first line of ED*
Thoughts during whole song=> mind=blown.
Hello :D
Feb 3, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2011
Their lover's quarrel is so cute it made me smile and laugh. Aww...

What's also making laugh is Yuusha keeps mentioning of ladies he encountered.

Dammit! Kiss already!
Feb 3, 2013 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
THE KISS.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 3, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
The end of the episode 5 ...
So good how they fight. XD
Feb 3, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2010
Haha last few minutes are the best.
Feb 3, 2013 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
Another good episode, i still feel like is lacking something, but either way I enjoy this show.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Feb 3, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
PrometheusZero said:
Loved the meeting/argument between Hero and DK. The back and forth bickering was brilliant and the wonderful animation just made it superb

My exact thoughts. :D
Feb 3, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
The episode mainly focused on the aspects of war with the Aurora incident and of a few other elements of minor value. My main interest remains to see how this is going to unfold.

About the fight, it was a ridiculous proportion of stupid planning. Anyone should have known from a creature demonic lexicon that from my notes the undersea creature is most like Kraken types from the info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

And that it’s a creature Hell has control over very easily. In fact many of them killed off lots of people which what demons feed on anyway.

It’s too bad that 6 000 lives died and 200 ships were destroyed in the fight. However it leaves a chance for the Prince now King to make things right in his own way and the old man whom is a friend of the hero is there to help him. Surely he will be a better adviser than the King’s adviser.

About what is going in City Gateway, well it’s obvious that it’s the same treatment to humans is on to the demons. Which ultimately instead the Hero is trying to reach compromise that none of that happens. However it’s rather hard to forgive a race whom scums killed and abused the most innocent of humans that being kids.

Ultimately it’s to see where the Hero shall lead with his solutions however I find it hard not just to erase the whole demon race. Even making compromise with them and peace will take 1 1000s of years and generations to forget every spec of their shits like killing and eating kids.

About the perfume given to Demon Queen, it’s the Lily perfume. What’s interesting of it is: In aromatherapy, the essential oil of lily of the valley is used to relieve depression, imbue gentleness, happiness, modesty, a sweet disposition and sense of security. Since it’s perfume it can easily be applied like that. Rather interesting and source is:
http://www.herbal-supplement-resource.com/lily-of-the-valley.html
Very interesting read. In fact it would help her with remembering the Hero more.

About the teleportation, here is my take on how it works. Hero’s special powers emit a Kinetic energy dispel whom forms a orb that folds itself upon those inside and transport them to what the Hero saw in his mind whom gets imprinted in the magical circuits of the orb that all are in. Thus teleporting all to the location of the hero’s mind. Still Hero needs to know the place or have a vision of it so this works.

About the confession of the Demon Queen, I FACE-PALMED at how it all went but TBH I would cut down the Hero and her after knowing this. This is way too ideal. Actually after the face-palm, I ROFL at how ideal this is. That’s all.

About the romance, I can’t take it TBH. It’s all shit. Why the heck would anyone buy anything of Queen that has people among it’s peaceful people that hurt kids is beyond me. Sure lets forget the past and strive for a better future and all. Question goes back will that change all or only with time all will change? Because TBH nothing will change that one race did so much shit to the other that peace is impossible IMO. It’s just out of ordinary. Therefore I can’t this romance good at all or enjoyable.

The rest is fine in the series.

About the preview, OH YES! Hero finally meets old man. Let’s hope he can team up with Hero to find his first love the Magician Girl.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 3, 2013 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
I have a bunch of complaints about this show which really pull the series down from even being marginally good, but let me talk here about my biggest issue - the artificial and awfully contrived romance.

First, there's little to no character development regarding either of the two, and so we have absolutely no reason to even care for their romance. Other than for superficial aesthetics (the blatant fanservice here being an issue in and of itself) and terrible cliches, we don't see the romance ever build into anything palpable. Moreover, we're taken into a 1-year time lapse where they NEVER speak to each other save for Yuusha's intermittent letter reports. Why? Because Yuusha doesn't feel like it; if we're talking about fan hatred for lack of self-confident characters here, Yuusha could take one of the top spots. An entire year passes by, and then they interact with each other all normally as if it was only a week apart. What the fuck Arms? Is the source material really that bad? What's with such blatant time jump plot devices if you're not going to even use them properly? Seriously, that's almost SAO bad.

My ranting aside, I really was hoping that all these compounding issues would be resolved in future episodes, but with almost the 1/2 mark approaching, it doesn't seem very likely they'll ever be. I'm still enjoying this show merely because of the production values and the remarkable cast of seiyuus, but that all the more adds to my disappointment with the series' execution in polar opposites with its grand potential. (4/10)
Feb 3, 2013 10:58 PM
Sep 2012
Loving this anime so much. It reminds me of Spice and Wolf a lot. I feel like the pacing is a little weird but it isn't too bad and characters are lovable as shit.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Feb 4, 2013 2:45 AM
Jun 2008
nil- said:
Seriously, that's almost SAO bad.
That was harsh...
I don't understand why so many people hate SAO so badly >_>"
SAO does have a good sales if I am not mistaken...
Feb 4, 2013 3:16 AM

Apr 2012
MorningGlory said:
nil- said:
That was harsh...

I'm not going to go on some crazy anti-fan SAO tirade and digress into pointless rantings in a MMY thread, but to tie my comment in with MMY's pacing, both of these series make terrible use of their time jump(s). While it makes sense in scale with the overarching story for both (i.e., it takes a lot of time to progress through the levels in SAO, or adapt to new farming methods in MMY), no other details are changed here. The fact that we're supposed to believe characterization falls stagnant within this time lapse is nothing but sloppy writing.

What happened to Maou and Yuusha's relationship? To Maou and the maids' relationships? To the third wheel girl? To any interesting events within the year? Even time jumps in long-running shounen series do this better, including Naruto Shippuden, and boy is that saying something.
Feb 4, 2013 4:45 AM
Jun 2008
^
You do realize that it took 5 episode to complete 1 year. You sound like as if episode 5 have a 1 year time skip ...
Feb 4, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
MorningGlory said:
^
You do realize that it took 5 episode to complete 1 year. You sound like as if episode 5 have a 1 year time skip ...

It was episode 4, going by the maxim that Wikipedia is always right anyways. So it took 2 episodes, not 5. I gave episode 4 the benefit of the doubt, but clearly with how the time lapse has been concluded within this episode does not make up for its lackluster qualities. I really do want to like this series, but it's a shame how poor either the source material is or how bad Arms is f-ing it up in their adaptation. I'll guess it's some obscure combination.
Feb 4, 2013 5:07 AM
Jun 2008
^
I found I am speechless....
For me I think the story is progressing well with some bonus character development and I am fine with it.TBH,I personally don't find any problem with the time lapse which you mentioned..There are lot of stuff happen within one year and I am not expecting each month to have an event , that would be unrealistic anyway. Surely there are times which nothing will happen at all .. One of the example is that Maou spend whole winter just staying inside her mansion researching that compass..
Feb 4, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2007
MorningGlory said:
nil- said:
That was harsh...

anti-Popularity syndrome. - the more popular the thing is the more hate it gets.

SAO is nothing that special, but majority of the hate is overblown due to the popularity it has(same could have been observed with steins;gate, code geass, gundam 00 and few other very popular series over the years)
Feb 4, 2013 6:28 AM
Jan 2010
^ You forgot Madoka and K-ON there.

But anyway, I did enjoy the episode overall.

It mostly revolves around what a chosen few regret about. We get to see Hero realizing how many demons have perished in the hands of man during the war and how a selfish man can wipe out his ally's men in a single battle, not to mention Maou taking Hero's presence for granted that she misses her chance to truly be with her. Unfortunately, their alone time shall come only in due time.

What I ended up not enjoying is how people now start to diss on Maoyuu for not meeting to their standards. "It's your problem that you began to compare the two together, and now you regret having done that comparison."
Feb 4, 2013 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
How about staying with Maou at night and working again in day (Ohh Yuusha! that's teleportation for you!) Or can someone tell me how's this teleportation device works. :DD

Enjoyable episode. Got the same feeling when i started watching this series, the warmth!
Feb 4, 2013 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
I hate it when the characters almost kiss! How can they stay so cool after not seeing each other for a whole year. They're heading to a Mashiro x Azuki relationship.

Fun episode. Maou jumping on the bed made me laugh ^-^
Feb 4, 2013 8:42 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was decent but I was hoping they would interact a little more with each other since the hero has been gone for a year and the only communication they had was through his report letters since he's apparently too afraid to spend time with her, although he doesn''t seem to have trouble spending time with the other women in the show? I just hope that he moves past his extreme shyness and they can start to build a believable romance scenario.
Feb 4, 2013 10:22 AM
Apr 2011
Yuusha adventure is too short, i want to know when harpy try to get close to him, and when thoose Big Breast Onna crush him with her Breast......
Feb 4, 2013 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
OMG I wished they kissed but the song ended before they could TwT. The war is starting. Oh no !!!!
Feb 4, 2013 12:21 PM
Mar 2012
Pacing's a bit slow.
And it does irritate me a little that they don't have names.
But still good.
Feb 4, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
kevinZ said:
How about staying with Maou at night and working again in day (Ohh Yuusha! that's teleportation for you!) Or can someone tell me how's this teleportation device works. :DD

Enjoyable episode. Got the same feeling when i started watching this series, the warmth!

I must say a few ideas crossed my mind when I saw him teleport a short distance across the bedroom but we'll need to wait for the doujinshi for that LOL
Feb 4, 2013 4:23 PM
Sep 2012
Of course the song had to end when they are about to kiss.
Feb 4, 2013 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
The pacing for this show always feels odd to me. I guess that's just a symptom of having a broad scope and a limited episode count - they are bound to jump from place to place and skip forward in time.

The content also is rather strange when I think about it. I mean, this is the only show I can think of where you can go from one episode where the characters are casually chatting about the agricultural benefits and nutritional value of the potato to another episode where thousands of soldiers are being killed by krakens.

Overall, it's a pleasant experience (watching the show, not being killed by a kraken) but every time I finish an episode I am always left a bit perplexed by this series' oddities.
Feb 6, 2013 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
How long are they going to make us wait for a kiss?

Their plan reminds me of Star Wars, Palpatine and Duku's plan.
Feb 7, 2013 9:02 PM
Jan 2008
The pacing does seem a bit odd (mainly because of such large jumps in time) but I can understand that they only have so many episodes to work with a good amount of material.
Feb 7, 2013 11:48 PM

Feb 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
Pacing's a bit slow.
And it does irritate me a little that they don't have names.
But still good.

Those maybe the 2 most bothersome things about this show. Maybe the bar was set too high with spice and wolf, and that's my comparison, but this show isn't as good as I expected, Now saying its bad, but it just doesn't have a purpose. I barely know what the hell is going on in the story, and I don't know anything about the main characters (including they're names). I just feel like after 5 episodes I should come out of the show with more, every week I have to force myself to watch it because I want it to get better. I feel like their was an OVA that I missed or something.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.