Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 28, 2012 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
^^disagree so hard

but I still really like this ep.
Kurapika's VA is pretty... unusual though. (I haven't heard much voiceacting like that anyway.) it especially made him sound not right this episode, which it fitting cuz he thinks the spider is dead~ poor douche.

as for the people celebrating the "milestone ep", MH hasn't covered the main four's reunion scene yet (which has all of the homo in NA's version), so you still have a bit more to wait. :P
Oct 28, 2012 10:38 AM

Jul 2012
Poor Kurapika, i think Hisoka will tell him, and than... We'l see Kurapoka going crazy XDD

Oct 28, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
Really good episode once again, but the scare scene was crap when compared the original version.
Oct 28, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
Would Chrollo have died if he didn't hire Illumi?
sakaOct 29, 2012 2:05 AM
Oct 28, 2012 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
Celastias said:
Probably. But not if he decided to go out which by him undoing the cloth seems likely.
sakaOct 29, 2012 2:06 AM
End Zionazism
Oct 28, 2012 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
Kayro said:
Really good episode once again, but the scare scene was crap when compared the original version.

So let me get this straight. You didn't like it, so it automatically makes it "crap"
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Oct 28, 2012 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
Celastias said:
against both of them, yes. I don't think he would have won. Few more minutes even and he would have died. Even if we don't know most of his abilities Chrollo did not seem to have anything that could break them apart. The cloak was the first thing that came to his mind after the poison dagger which hints that he has very limited possibilities to stop/paralyze/capture one of them. If he can't fight them one on one then combined they are way to strong.
sakaOct 29, 2012 2:06 AM
Oct 28, 2012 8:14 PM
Jun 2012
Great episode! There was a lot going on but what stood out to me the most was Kurapika. I feel that his emptiness was captured very well in this episode. Gotta say though, I'm reeally enjoying the filler scenes of the Spider gang. I also enjoyed the small, light-hearted scene between Gon, Killua, Leorio, and Zephile.

My only complaint is with how Kurapika's indiscriminate rage was dealt with. Visually speaking, I thought this version was weaker than the 1999 version, mainly because it looked very unsettling. But what really disappointed me was the fact that they used that one build-up piece during this moment. I'm glad that they didn't use Kurapika's angry theme like I was expecting them to but their decision wasn't any better. I would've preferred it if they had no music at all and just let the scene define itself rather than letting the music do it. -__-

I didn't mind that the appearance of Killua's great (great?) grandfather Maha was cut in this adaptation. I'm sure Madhouse was thinking the same thing I was: "What's the purpose of showing him here anyway?" lol Even Nippon was thinking the same thing since they didn't even show him clearly enough in their adaptation XD

On another note, I hope they don't use that new song that they used for Uvo's requiem in ep 51 again for some time because they're already re-using the song to death it seems...
Oct 28, 2012 11:06 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode a cease-fire of the fighting. Of course, nobody knows that the Troupe has been successful, so I wonder what will happen.
4/5

Oct 29, 2012 6:11 AM

Jul 2011
Eksta said:

Epic GTFO's face
Oct 29, 2012 11:53 AM

Mar 2012
Another eps nicely done by Madhouse I guess.. Hunterpedia also never cease to amuse me.. Both 1999 and remake version are good in their own way so there's no need to always comparing every detail at every week cos it must be tiring lol.. Imho..
Keep moving forward
Oct 29, 2012 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
cuz i wanna pitch in my thoughts on kurapika's little 'impissed' scene (nitpicking warning is appropriate here i suppose, for those who are sick of it):

It fell a bit flat for me. Mainly because I was hoping they'd completely follow the actual manga panels for this part, since NA didn't. (not that I don't like what NA did, but the showing of his face/eyes was a tad too gradual/slow for me, though it still had its own creepy factor going for it)
In that aspect I think MH was closer, but it still felt less abrupt and more gradual than it did in the manga. And I wish instead of zooming into his eyes again(yes they're pretty but seriously), it kept the screen on his full face for the 'im looking at you with my rage face' show.
(and I dunno about this, but can someone who has the VIZ or japanese raws tell me if NA changed Kurapika's dialogue here? Because I'm reading some online scans and it seems like MH followed the manga, which means NA didn't?)
Oct 29, 2012 2:25 PM
Jun 2012
2easy4AgEnT said:
Another eps nicely done by Madhouse I guess.. Hunterpedia also never cease to amuse me.. Both 1999 and remake version are good in their own way so there's no need to always comparing every detail at every week cos it must be tiring lol.. Imho..

So true (even though it took me a LONG time to see that they both had their own merits XD).

You're totally right; comparing every detail DOES get very tiring, especially when everyone falls into the "but this version did this sooo much better!" routine. -__-; However, in spite of all that, I still think its interesting to understand the differences between each version of Hunter x Hunter. (Then again, I'm interested in anything Hunter x Hunter related...)

meshimoon said:
cuz i wanna pitch in my thoughts on kurapika's little 'impissed' scene (nitpicking warning is appropriate here i suppose, for those who are sick of it):

It fell a bit flat for me. Mainly because I was hoping they'd completely follow the actual manga panels for this part, since NA didn't. (not that I don't like what NA did, but the showing of his face/eyes was a tad too gradual/slow for me, though it still had its own creepy factor going for it)
In that aspect I think MH was closer, but it still felt less abrupt and more gradual than it did in the manga. And I wish instead of zooming into his eyes again(yes they're pretty but seriously), it kept the screen on his full face for the 'im looking at you with my rage face' show.
(and I dunno about this, but can someone who has the VIZ or japanese raws tell me if NA changed Kurapika's dialogue here? Because I'm reading some online scans and it seems like MH followed the manga, which means NA didn't?)

I read Hunter x Hunter online so I'm not sure if the translations are 100%, but I think NA did alter Kurapika's lines a bit since all he didn't say "I'm ready to kill anyone right now," which is something I remember him saying in the manga.
Oct 29, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2007
Awesome episode.

The thing about reading a manga is you use your imagination to fill in the scenes between panels. When the anime does not meet your expectations with what you imagined, there will be a disappointment.

This is why i prefer to watch the anime first as much as possible
Oct 29, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
why does he feel empty? i would feel happy if ppl that killed my family were dead lol .

& it makes me sad when i watch the intro and see uvogin smiling like hes in heaven aha !
Oct 29, 2012 6:56 PM

Aug 2012
^he's sad cuz he couldn't dish out his precious revenge. (which might equate to some kind of closure for him..)
Oct 30, 2012 6:46 AM

Jul 2009
The Zoldyck family trolled everyone. I'd actually forgotten that Illumi killed the Ten Dons.
Oct 30, 2012 8:22 AM
Mar 2012
He feels empty because he doesn't have anything else to do, his whole life was devoted to killing the spiders so it's only natural he'll feel empty
Oct 30, 2012 8:24 AM

Sep 2007
New pictures for the OP.
So it's really good.
Oct 30, 2012 9:58 AM

May 2010
LOLWAT it's surprising that people here are arguing about Chrollo's lines. It was awkward, yeah, but I was actually bothered by Kurapika saying "I won't believe 'till I see the bodies" or something along that line. I thought that was unnecessary and could be shown better if his facial expressions were properly drawn and shown. Just placing a black gradient over his face doesn't do the entire job. Also, the bidding and the bald-guy-getting-the-surprise-of-his-life scenes. The previous version did those very well, and with less dialogues too. The sad thing about the previous version was that it didn't conclude the TV series very well (but then again that's why OVAs were released) and they did some fanservice for LeoPika shippers which is a turn-off to those who dislike the fandom.

On the positive side, Kurapika's sad face at the end of the episode really worked for me. That was heartbreaking. And Miyuki Sawashiro's voice acting is great as always. Also, it was emphasized that the ambulance won't be attacked. I thought that's a subtle way to tell the viewers that Specialization people think quite alike. Or maybe that's just me. :P

A little nitpicking here, but back when Kurapika claimed the eyes, was that Paku in front of him along with the host? You'd think she'll have a clue that what's in front of her is the chain-guy, unless every crossdressing shounen out there has chains on his right hand.
stormgoddessOct 30, 2012 10:02 AM
Oct 30, 2012 9:06 PM
Mar 2012
stormgoddess said:
LOLWAT it's surprising that people here are arguing about Chrollo's lines. It was awkward, yeah, but I was actually bothered by Kurapika saying "I won't believe 'till I see the bodies" or something along that line. I thought that was unnecessary and could be shown better if his facial expressions were properly drawn and shown. Just placing a black gradient over his face doesn't do the entire job. Also, the bidding and the bald-guy-getting-the-surprise-of-his-life scenes. The previous version did those very well, and with less dialogues too. The sad thing about the previous version was that it didn't conclude the TV series very well (but then again that's why OVAs were released) and they did some fanservice for LeoPika shippers which is a turn-off to those who dislike the fandom.

On the positive side, Kurapika's sad face at the end of the episode really worked for me. That was heartbreaking. And Miyuki Sawashiro's voice acting is great as always. Also, it was emphasized that the ambulance won't be attacked. I thought that's a subtle way to tell the viewers that Specialization people think quite alike. Or maybe that's just me. :P

A little nitpicking here, but back when Kurapika claimed the eyes, was that Paku in front of him along with the host? You'd think she'll have a clue that what's in front of her is the chain-guy, unless every crossdressing shounen out there has chains on his right hand.

About this... My thought exactly. It felt odd as the guy stated "You're from nostrade family" And they knew kurapica was from that group so things didn't made sense in the end
Oct 30, 2012 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
Great to see an anime which follows manga so closely. The manga is at 300+ chapter .I guess Hunter x Hunter will be like bleach,one piece and naruto with more than 200 episodes. If that happens that would be great . I was disappointed when they stoped after greed island in ovas.
jss9191Oct 30, 2012 11:28 PM
Oct 31, 2012 2:33 AM
Jun 2012
chikkychappy said:
Mikasa said:

in any case, it's not appropriate to compare the level of spoonfeeding of the two. poorhouse is by far more guilty of it.

What's poorhouse?
Oct 31, 2012 2:43 AM
Jun 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
Wow I'm surprised my comments about the added line there turned into an arguement. My only point was that the line felt out of place, especially with Zeno's comments to Kuroro about knowing that he hired Illumi. If he knew that Illumi would kill the 10 dons before they were able to kill Kuroro then why did he fight in the first place?

Side Note: (I understand this point so no need to give me an explaination, I was just using it to make the comparison as to why the line feels odd. In all 3 versions, he obviously knew who Illumi's client was, I just think it was better being unsaid since it came out in an odd manor here that contradicts his lines about not fighting if he's no paid).

I do applaud Madhouse though for making the attempt, sometimes these scenes can be a hit or miss type of thing and it's not like the scene ruined the episode, I just think this was one of those moments where it was a miss. Last episode they nailed it with the added material of Silva's past encounter with Kuroro, that was good stuff.

Maybe he wanted to kill Chrollo before Illumi kills the Ten Dons.
You know, if chrollo dies Illumi won't kill the dons cuz he don't work for nothing.
Oct 31, 2012 7:26 PM

Sep 2008
GrimReaper-75 said:
fearthebeard85 said:
Wow I'm surprised my comments about the added line there turned into an arguement. My only point was that the line felt out of place, especially with Zeno's comments to Kuroro about knowing that he hired Illumi. If he knew that Illumi would kill the 10 dons before they were able to kill Kuroro then why did he fight in the first place?

Side Note: (I understand this point so no need to give me an explaination, I was just using it to make the comparison as to why the line feels odd. In all 3 versions, he obviously knew who Illumi's client was, I just think it was better being unsaid since it came out in an odd manor here that contradicts his lines about not fighting if he's no paid).

I do applaud Madhouse though for making the attempt, sometimes these scenes can be a hit or miss type of thing and it's not like the scene ruined the episode, I just think this was one of those moments where it was a miss. Last episode they nailed it with the added material of Silva's past encounter with Kuroro, that was good stuff.

Maybe he wanted to kill Chrollo before Illumi kills the Ten Dons.
You know, if chrollo dies Illumi won't kill the dons cuz he don't work for nothing.

yeah I also think it was sort of a who kills the target before the other one contest in the family. However I don't think Illumi is like his grandfather and father. I think he likes to kill people even without profit.
Nov 1, 2012 9:15 AM
Feb 2012
stormgoddess said:

Kurapika says "I won't believe it until I see the bodies" in the manga.
So if you have a problem with it blame Togashi.

In the manga when Kurapika went to claim the eyes it was
Hisoka standing there instead of Paku and he has a little
heart symbol indicating that he DID know it was Kurapika
and that's his little "wink" if you will. So a mistake on Madhouse's
part perhaps? I dunno. But if it's not then my interpretation
is that Pakunoda just didn't see Kurapika or just wasn't
paying attention. It's one of those ironic "they pass
each other by and don't even know it" moments.

As for Zeno knowing Chrollo hired Illumi to kill the Dons. It may have not been said out right in the manga but it was already implied. Illumi asks Silva "Where's my client?"
and Silva says "right here" referring to Chrollo. So obviously Silva had to know that
Chrollo was Illumi's client. Illumi tells them the Ten Dons are disposed of.
So it's just putting two and two together. Is it spoon feeding? Sure, you can say that.
But I don't think it's THAT bad.

Also it doesn't contradict Zeno's line of not killing him if he's not getting paid.
Knowing that the Dons were going to be eliminated makes no difference.
When a Zoldyck is hired. A Zoldyck gets the job done. End of discussion.

Since the Dons died there was no more job.
Nov 1, 2012 1:29 PM

Oct 2009
it seems they are all tricked

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 3, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2011
-That what you get for being an Avenger.. Haven't you thought of what will you gain/do after??
Apr 17, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2009
Chrollo should change his name to "trollo"....yeah, that wasn't funny. Good episode, it's going to be great to finally get into material I'm not familiar with next episode, I stopped watching the first anime after finishing the main TV series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 9, 2013 7:00 PM

Nov 2011
Wait so Illumni is also involved in this whole thing?? Wow...I never trusted that bastard anyways especially during the Hunter Exam arc.
Jul 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing. I didn't know that Chrollo had hired Illumi to kill the Ten Dons. :O In the old version they didn't mention this I think...
Aug 2, 2013 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Man I bet it was tough for Kurapika to stand there watching Neon happily cheering and thanking her dad for the Kurta eyes. Glad he put that fat ass mafia guy in his place though.
Aug 2, 2013 4:33 PM
Jul 2012
Wow! That was a great episode!
I was tricked when I thought the Trope was finally dead, but damn they still alive.
Wow, Kurapika was acting despair, and looked sad when he finally got the eyes. I thought he will kill the shit out of the man when his eyes showed up.
5/5 very crazy episode that I almost forgot the moments.
Aug 2, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
For those who don't know, this is where the original 1999 series TV broadcast concluded, and moved on to three sets of OVAs.
Dec 11, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
i love killua and the zoldyk family so much
i also really like chrollo and hisoka
HOW COME I LIKE ALL THE BAD GUYS

kurapika's despair was poignant. the absence of anger can be worse than anger itself, and its good they touched on what would happen to him after revenge. its weird to see it cause he acts so levelheaded, but imo kurapika's the most mentally off-kilter of the 4 mcs. originally i think he was boringly perfect, growing to really like him!
Jan 3, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2013
Neon is just a stubborn bitch and his father is nothing but a selfish bastard.

Phantom Troupe is the best!!
Mar 31, 2014 5:04 PM
Oct 2009
Throughout the whole thing with the eyes I thought that Kurapika would notice that they are fake... why didn't he? is it a perfect copy..... I felt so bad for him at the end of the episode when Neon was enjoying the eyes. I thought he was gonna commit suicide at the end. or at least attempt to. Is the spiders' boss trying to avoid the fortune by creating fake bodies of his troupe members? Anyway it was pretty crafty of the leader to hire Illumi..
May 17, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly, I think this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. Dem twists, dem ambiguity, dem suffering.

Add the main four with meaningful screen time and you've got it all. (<3 how the brats escaped the Troupe. Simple but unexpected. Thanks Mr. Con Artist Sir!)
May 17, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
currycurry said:
Honestly, I think this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. Dem twists, dem ambiguity, dem suffering.

Add the main four with meaningful screen time and you've got it all. (<3 how the brats escaped the Troupe. Simple but unexpected. Thanks Mr. Con Artist Sir!)

did u see ep 50 ?
May 17, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2014
dark-chaos said:
currycurry said:

did u see ep 50 ?
Christ, you're right. For some reason I skipped from 49 straight to 51. Dunno how that's possible considering I'm using CR's queue system, but it happened.

Thanks for the heads up. (y)
May 25, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
you know at this point I cant feel disappointed with these fights anymore, ofc someone had to interrupt the good stuff
an big nose girl didn't realize the chains on Kurapikas hand when he went to get the kurta eyes
May 25, 2014 8:08 PM

Mar 2014
^ lol i knew that it would be another negative comment as soon as I saw your name. You should just stop watching this show, all you keep talking about are fights. And they're not even what make this show so good (even though I find them superb).

Also, Kurapika's chains are only a conjuration. It's not an actual chain. Just like how we wouldn't see Hisoka's Bungee Gum in plain sight.
jreginaldMay 25, 2014 8:22 PM
May 25, 2014 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
jreginald said:
^ lol i knew that it would be another negative comment as soon as I saw your name. You should just stop watching this show, all you keep talking about are fights. And they're not even what make this show so good (even though I find them superb).

What's the point of repeating the same thing over and over to him, it's not going to make him suddenly love it. It's his concern whether or not he wants to keep watching. Don't be obnoxious.
May 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
jreginald said:

What's the point of repeating the same thing over and over to him, it's not going to make him suddenly love it. It's his concern whether or not he wants to keep watching. Don't be obnoxious.

Repeating what? This is the first time I ever said anything about his opinions. I'm not trying to make him like it either. How about you stop assuming things?
May 26, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
tsudecimo said:

What's the point of REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER
Oh,you're the "asspull" guy...
May 26, 2014 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
Hahaha tsud forever known as the asspull guy.
May 26, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
nanny96 said:
tsudecimo said:

What's the point of REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER
Oh,you're the "asspull" guy...

Hahahahaha!!! I just fell from my chair....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 2, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2007
Illumi who killed all the den don's was secretly hired by chrollo for the assassination job. Zeno's and silva's fight has ended due to implications of bussiness matters and now chrolo and the phantom troupe have decided to post pone there invasion and camouflage them selfs to look like they been killed and now that kurapica noticed this, he is now distraught at the whole idea, because the only thing he lives for is getting vengance for the kurta clan, but as he thinks they are dead, he can't achieve his goal.

There is one character that appears in the manga, only once, very little is known bout him besides the fact that he is the oldest of the Zoldyck family and the grandfather of zeno. I'm taking bout Maha Zoldyck. I guess he is never going to appear in this anime then huh? Well since he has a very subtle appearance in the manga, i guess the studio chose that he wasn't that important?

Jun 5, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
I want the Troupe to die so bad T^T

Except Hisoka of course.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 8, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2010
Damn wish they finished him off
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Pitou saw Netero's flashback

Diablo_07 - Yesterday

18 by yato_kagura »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2014

210 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 119 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2014

274 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2014

261 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ElectricSlime - Dec 8, 2012

258 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.