Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2011 4:26 AM
Jun 2011
Dark_Pride said:
elior1 said:
can you tell me what exactly fecol powers the one with the horns who talked to dcarabia. is fecol defend most of the times or just attack the enemy?

AFAIR during season 2 (the end of Pheles Arc), Fecor's powers are defensive. The only power he has that I remember was that he summoned cubes.

Also, there is not much action in this episode. The episode is a mix of talk, some action showing how widespread Bal Masque's attack on the Flame Hazes, Yuji's a-la-Wizard-of-Oz trip to some LCD-induced dimension, talk, Khamsin's awesomeness. Too bad Shana didn't get a decent screentime this episode.
there was a little action actually between frider and the other tomogarra with the horns
Nov 28, 2011 3:25 PM

May 2011
Shana has made her resolve, can't wait to see how she wants to change and what will happen next time she sees Yuji.

War has begun and its making this even more exciting to watch. Loved the last two minutes or so when they invade the Seirei-den. It was a pretty epic scene.
Nov 28, 2011 4:09 PM
Dec 2007
Some people are comlaining about bad writing instead of complaining about their bad comprehension level. They stressed VERY THROUGHLY that Seirei-den is untraceable. You can't find it, period. No Flame Haze has entered it and the whole purpose of the Worldwide war on the Flame Haze is to keep them running so they can't search for it. Of course, it seems the top Flame Haze had secretly found a way of finding Seirei-den before the war even began (probably has to do with Flame of Heaven's old floating base) so they pretended to have been fighting a frantic battle while they secretly invaded Seirei-den.

So, it's not bad writing or stupidity from the antagonists. It's just a little too much confidence on their protection and a bit of prior preparation from the Flame Haze forces (they seem to have been preparing for this for a long time).

Nov 29, 2011 2:24 AM
Feb 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Some people are comlaining about bad writing instead of complaining about their bad comprehension level. They stressed VERY THROUGHLY that Seirei-den is untraceable. You can't find it, period. No Flame Haze has entered it and the whole purpose of the Worldwide war on the Flame Haze is to keep them running so they can't search for it. Of course, it seems the top Flame Haze had secretly found a way of finding Seirei-den before the war even began (probably has to do with Flame of Heaven's old floating base) so they pretended to have been fighting a frantic battle while they secretly invaded Seirei-den.

So, it's not bad writing or stupidity from the antagonists. It's just a little too much confidence on their protection and a bit of prior preparation from the Flame Haze forces (they seem to have been preparing for this for a long time).

Lol. I was about to ask how the heck did Wilhelmina and Khamsin entered the Seirei-den. After reading your post, I might have answer for that:
(1) Might be about Alastor's old floating base, I recall something about that base must not collide with Seirei-den, but it doesn't answer the question.
(2) A bit of prior preparation from the Flame Hazes. Might be possible, but if this is, this is a case of JCStaff fucking up the novels. The details might be in the novels and the studio might have decided to skip it. In this case, the omission in detail is significant and may appear as "bad writing"/"show, not tell".
(3) Or it may due to overconfidence. Well AFAIR, they didn't really cast any unrestricted spell or crap to hide Seirei-den. They assume that since no Flame Haze found it, it must be untracable, and they won't find it. It's just that it's hard to find. But if we believe this, then this may imply that Yuji is an idiot since if he wanted to protect the God Gate, which is in Seirei-den, then the SOP is to hide their freaking base first before thinking how to make an assault.

My guess is that either JCStaff fucked up the novels again OR they will explain it in the next episode.

P.S.:You can't really blame the writing when your basis is the adaptation and you don't even read the novels.
Nov 29, 2011 2:36 AM
Feb 2011
elior1 said:
Dark_Pride said:
elior1 said:
can you tell me what exactly fecol powers the one with the horns who talked to dcarabia. is fecol defend most of the times or just attack the enemy?

AFAIR during season 2 (the end of Pheles Arc), Fecor's powers are defensive. The only power he has that I remember was that he summoned cubes.

Also, there is not much action in this episode. The episode is a mix of talk, some action showing how widespread Bal Masque's attack on the Flame Hazes, Yuji's a-la-Wizard-of-Oz trip to some LCD-induced dimension, talk, Khamsin's awesomeness. Too bad Shana didn't get a decent screentime this episode.

there was a little action actually between frider and the other tomogarra with the horns

P.S.: SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, but my previous post was too long.

Lol. There is action, but not enough for me to actually determine what kind of abilities each of them (both the Flame Hazes and the Tomogara) have. The only ability I was able to derive during that episode was Pirsoyn's (that shota who was with Ribersal), and his ability was to cast Daemom, an unrestricted spell in the form of gas which causes the enemy to see illusion when ingested. I'm not sure about Frieder's ability since Margery can also duplicate. After that, we were shown some token Flame Hazes, then there wasn't really any decent action, until the last 2 minutes of the show.
Dec 2, 2011 11:31 AM
Dec 2007
razor39999 said:
The shounen-y power-up fights between Flame Haze and Tomogara were always the weak point of this anime. It's flashy and fun to watch, but it basically just pulls down what could've been a decent high school romance story. This season had no slice of life episodes which were, imo, the lifeblood of the whole show in seasons 1 and 2. I'll never forget the moment from season 1 where Shana shoved a melon bread in Yuji's face after Yoshida gave him her first bento. That was precious! Or Ike's entertainment park trip that turned into a planning disaster. :D All this "epic" reviving gods, fighting BS is just in the way.
I hope you do realize that this was NEVER a high school romance. The light Novels are action light novels. It's an action story with some high school romance, not the other way around.

Dec 2, 2011 2:12 PM
Dec 2007
razor39999 said:
Ye I realize that, and it may work in the novels, but the anime turns into shit whenever they switch focus to fighting. Which is a shame, since the slice of life parts could've been a fairly decent story in itself.

I'm mainly watching it cause I love tsundere, and Shana is a good example, tho even that part of her is toned down in this season compared to the first two.
That was toned down because she was never so tsundere in the novels. JC just upped her tsundere ratio to astronomical values. Shana was meant to be a more detached girl that slowly developed feelings for Yuuji while Yuuji wasn't supposed to be the ass who never gets it, he was supposed to be captivated by Shana from the moment he saw, with the love triangle being more tame and not the whole focus of the plot. If they'd shown things they took out (like Yuuji's conversations with the King of Guze he partnered with) we'd perhaps wouldn't be so lost now.

Dec 2, 2011 10:13 PM
Feb 2011
razor39999 said:
Ye I realize that, and it may work in the novels, but the anime turns into shit whenever they switch focus to fighting. Which is a shame, since the slice of life parts could've been a fairly decent story in itself.

I'm mainly watching it cause I love tsundere, and Shana is a good example, tho even that part of her is toned down in this season compared to the first two.

Steer clear of Shakugan no Shana and stick with Toradora.
Dec 3, 2011 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
Meddigo said:
So let me get this straight. Snake of the Festival gives the single command to protect Seireiden while he's gone. The very next fucking scene is 99% of the tomogara attacking random places on Earth leaving Seireiden relatively defenseless.

lolwut? Can the writing for this get any worse? Well, I'm sure it can.

They're taking the initiative in the war to pin down the Flame Haze. Ever heard of "offense is the best defense"? They're not attacking just random places, they're basically attacking the Flame Haze bases to divert and weaken most of their enemies while their Commander goes to retrieve his body. I'm sure having just 2-4 Flame Haze attack Seireiden is a much better option than have all of them attack it at once.

Sure, the number of Seireiden's defenders are very small right now, but that also goes for the number of Flame Haze available to attack it at the moment. Both sides are currently fighting a two-front war, so shifting forces for special missions isn't going to be that easy, especially if you're on the general defensive like the Flame Haze are now.
Mar 25, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
War is finally here, shit's going down
Jun 17, 2012 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
Damn so many freaken Rinn, tomagara and new flame hazes. This is going to be one epic war. First time i have ever seen so many characters fighting at once, its mostly just single battles between two apponents, now its like an all out world wide war between both sides of good and evil. Deffinitly very different then the first two seasons. I can see how this change might upset some people. Either way i have confidence in shana, that she will escape her captivity soon and turn things around.

Sophie seems to be the like the lead commanding force of all the flame haze, so i imagine she is pretty damn strong, can't wait to see her in action.

Meanwhile Rebecca and Khamsin's plot to destroy the Serei den. I have to say i havn't sen Khamsin in action for a while, its nice to see him kicking some ass, his flame haze abilities are pretty awesome.

I don't understand why the main trinity members of the tomagara would leave them selfs wide open though by all following thier commander through the god gate and on that road. I know they need the preistess at least to light the way, but surely they could of planned better then this like leave sabrac behind or some one else to take leadership of the war. Instead they lost all of thier strongest forces and that was the moment the flame haze has an opening and decided to counterattack.

Also forgot to mention Wilhelmina reviving the old home. Things are definitively getting chaotic.

Onto next episode. this is the kind of series i can easily marothon.
ArtimesGamerJun 17, 2012 11:47 AM

Jul 2, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
So why must a god follow his own priestress, who in turn is following the signs her god laid out some time ago? That was a bit weird. It does make sense if you take out the part where the god is walking right behind his priestress, but like this..nope.

And i understand Hecate going in there, with the priestress stuff, even though it doesn't make sense in this exact situation, but the rest? The whole trinity, the scientist and Sabrac? With the exception of Fecor thats every Tomoroga we knew of before they started the war preperations. Isn't that a bit excessive?
Aug 13, 2012 12:19 PM

Mar 2012
Now that they're in the Serei Den this is awesome! Just wait for Wilhelmina to turn up and unleash hell :)
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 7, 2012 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
Decarabia is the fish-man.

Also dat ending... Rebecca and Behemoth were just too much fun too watch...
NwAurion said:
And i understand Hecate going in there, with the priestress stuff, even though it doesn't make sense in this exact situation, but the rest? The whole trinity, the scientist and Sabrac? With the exception of Fecor thats every Tomoroga we knew of before they started the war preperations. Isn't that a bit excessive?
Only my guess, but the body is probably really-bondage-bound at the end of the road, so they'll probably need all the help they can gather to unbound it all.

It's a third of a season, and all is well.
EratiKNov 7, 2012 3:58 PM
Mar 20, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
Rebecca sure gets wet often LOL
Aug 10, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2013
Little Shana was so Cute :D hmmm that golem kid sure is strong, and next episode is going to be awesome and alot of action.
Dec 6, 2013 5:22 AM
Mar 2013
Damn this entire episode was boring except for the end which was damn awesome! Primarily because Khamsin is a beast in his golem form, I think his specialty is wide area destruction. Who needs explosions when you have him xD
Dec 24, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
Actually want Tomogara side to win for some reason, the flame haze seem like the villains with that old commander lady. Always think she's plotting something evil when she puts on her smile.
ninja88880Dec 24, 2013 9:09 PM
Apr 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
That ending just made me go ''FUCK YEAH''. Khamsin power is just too awesome. Punching in the air, destroying an whole fucking city :P

But where is Wilhermina? She's probably trying to find and liberate Shana.

The whole Outlaw QG are getting fucked over. All over the world, they couldn't be in a more shitty situation. But in the end, even if they get the Seireiden, they still won't be able to stop the Snake of Festival to get his true body. Well, that's what I believe.

It was fucking hilarious when Rebecca looked back, saw that Khamsin was farther and the water falled right on her xD

In the preview, we see the myste that Shana fighted in the past, but I thought she killed him. Did someone pursued his legacy? Also, I really wonder what is that defense system Decarabia is talking about, I guess it won't be that easy for Khamsin and Rebecca...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 28, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, this episode was zzz but then that ending!!! Loved it!! This is getting exciting
Oct 15, 2014 4:15 AM

Jan 2008
Where art thou, Wilhelmina?
Mar 10, 2015 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Lots of action, but plenty of plot movement as well.

I've really liked this season so far. I finally feel like this series is living up to it's potential. I've honestly been disappointed by it up until this season. So far, the pacing has been a lot better and the story is more interesting as well.
May 17, 2015 9:11 PM
Dec 2014
Shangetsu said:
Meddigo said:
So let me get this straight. Snake of the Festival gives the single command to protect Seireiden while he's gone. The very next fucking scene is 99% of the tomogara attacking random places on Earth leaving Seireiden relatively defenseless.

lolwut? Can the writing for this get any worse? Well, I'm sure it can.

It is very tricky.
They are in a position where they knows that the flame haze side is aware that they intend to revive the snake of the festival's real body.
If left alone the flame haze will find a way in Seireiden to start war which will in return be dangerous for Yuuji's group since the gate of the place where he went is left all open. The flame haze could close it and hence trap everyone that was inside it or they could enter it to chase them.

Basically if they have to wadge war, which they obviously will have to since the flame haze won't permit it, then they shouldn't do it in Seireiden but rather in the real world, they took the initiative to also lead the flame haze force into disorder.

Then again I feel that the anime is at fault for badly adapting the novel. Jc staff never adapted anything right afterall.

Lol J.C. Staff is literally the best studio. So I have no idea what you're talking about pal.
Jun 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Nov 2016
Everywhere the battles are on fire.

And Khamsin and Rebecca to the rescue, hyped for the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 31, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf. Really, who had the idea that watching whole episode of people we don't care about at all and adding several deus ex machinas to the pot would be enjoyable to watch? And what's with this lame break-in, why the bad guys always have to be so incompetent. They destroyed a lot of their city without any resistance.
Dec 31, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Mich666 said:
Hmpf. Really, who had the idea that watching whole episode of people we don't care about at all and adding several deus ex machinas to the pot would be enjoyable to watch?
what deus ex machinas?
Mich666 said:
And what's with this lame break-in, why the bad guys always have to be so incompetent. They destroyed a lot of their city without any resistance.
Its a surprise attack which no one is armed or prepared for at the moment. Of course they'll be able to destroy a considerable amount at the start
Nov 23, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2017
The main objective of Tomogara is protecting the Seirei Den when the leaders aren't around right? So why are they attacking Outlaw bases?

Of course flame hazes attacked Seirei Den as expected. It was supposed to be hidden though. So I suspect they found out its location somehow. Khamsin is really op. Even back in the first season he looked like he was a force to be reckoned with.
Chrome_FalconNov 23, 2020 11:12 AM
Nov 23, 2020 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
Chrome_Falcon said:
The main objective of Tomogara is protecting the Seirei Den when the leaders aren't around right? So why are they attacking Outlaw bases?
They've been attacking Outlaw bases since season 2
They have a small army protecting the actual Seirei Den but the main idea of attacking the Outlaw bases is to make sure the Flame Hazes lose key geographical locations so to add pressure and making them unable to conduct an assault on Seirei Den because the lost ground
Nov 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Jun 2017
Deknijff said:
Chrome_Falcon said:
They've been attacking Outlaw bases since season 2
They have a small army protecting the actual Seirei Den but the main idea of attacking the Outlaw bases is to make sure the Flame Hazes lose key geographical locations so to add pressure and making them unable to conduct an assault on Seirei Den because the lost ground

Okay that makes sense.
Nov 17, 2021 7:26 PM

Oct 2021
WAAAH KHAMSIN IS HELLA FREAKIN SUGOIIII!!!

Anyhoo, I have a theory about what's happening. (I haven't read the LN tho)

Yuji and the trinity leaving the Palace of the stars, the forces attacking places in the world and leaving the Palace of the stars MAY EITHER BE planned already by the Snake of the Festival a long long time ago when he was banished (since it was discussed that the SOTF has been really strategizing he's grand order way way way back. Also let's take into consideration some minor changes of the plan when he united with Yuji) to lure out flame hazes to the palace of the stars which may also may be an indirect move that the SOTF is expecting. Since he's the God of creation, a lot of possibilities and consequences may have been already considered.

OR they were hella sure the flame hazes will never be traced nor tracked? Then they did underestimate the real potential of a flame haze

OR just leaving the palace of the stars just like that is a lack of thrill by the authors???. I dont think so.

I just wished they included a detailed explanation of what's the real deal. (or maybe everything is in the LN haha)

BELIEVE you deserve it and the universe will serve it.
Feb 16, 2022 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
This is just Ball Masque being complacent as usual. They never learn from their mistakes. Unless of course, this is a trap. That'd be interesting if it is.
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
MxS7HGS said:
This is just Ball Masque being complacent as usual. They never learn from their mistakes. Unless of course, this is a trap. That'd be interesting if it is.

This isn't even Bal Masque being complacent.
It was shown previously that there's a spell that keeps Seireiden completely undetectable by anyone outside. It's directly stated that nobody has ever found Seireiden ever since its creation (except Bal Masque, of course, since they use it). That means Flame Hazes cannot sense it.
Then, you have Bal Masque intentionally taking the fight to the Flame Hazes all across the world to keep them busy and force them to spread their numbers thin. That way, the Flame Haze army has very limited ressources available to search for Seireiden and is forced to fight Tomogara around the world.
The only other way to access Seireiden is by using Tendokyu, the other floating island that we learned about in Season 1. The two islands have a hidden passage linking them, but Bal Masque doesn't know about it. Only Wilhelmina knows about it, which is why she's in charge of infiltrating Seireiden and why Sophie gave her Khamsin and Rebecca as support.
Finally, the reason Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebecca succeeded in infiltrating Seireiden is because, when Yuji/Snake created the God Gate in the last episode, it created a dimensional rift that was felt worldwide. Wilhelmina felt it, too, and had a vague idea of where Seireiden was. Since she was in possession of Tendokyu, the other way to get into Seireiden, she led it to where she felt the rift from (this point is explained more in-depth next episode).

Tl;dr: Everything has been put in place meticulously on both sides, and everything regarding the war makes sense so far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

185 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.