Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 22, 2:26 PM

Aug 2022
The old Darkness is back and she is really funny.
May 22, 2:26 PM
Nov 2019
We had serious responsible Darkness for a few episodes, but now she's back to normal.
May 22, 2:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kazuma and Aqua were so goofy pretending to be rich lol, and that Megumin x Darkness scene sure was...weird, poor Darkness she had to expose some of her secrets actually... and now they're going to fight that Hydra, while Aqua couldn't keep the dragon egg and got a surprise while "purifying" the lake xD
May 22, 3:04 PM
Jun 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Polvo_Aranha https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/s/0J7XGHfmzN

https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/s/m5FtUSNGQq

It was a massive disappointment. That was supposed to be the peak of konosuba. But it felt done with so quick and barely much actio happenned

So your argument is a random dude's opinion and a meme? Okay, that is my argument:

I love democracy.
Polvo_AranhaMay 22, 3:08 PM
May 22, 3:07 PM
Jun 2020
yoslina said:

Aqua really said GAY RIGHTS 😆

So, in order to support LGBT+ relationships in isekai worlds, must I join Axis Cult?
May 22, 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Probably one of the most funny episode of the series. I love all the characters they are so stupid lol

Also Axis order confirmed to support LGBT+

lol Vanir putting some demonic shit on the dragon(?) egg, also Wiz is broken :(
May 22, 3:31 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Love_And_Forward
@Macha_Chele No, this season is not on par with previous seasons, and suggesting that is practically sacrilege.
@Love_And_Forward yeah Iris & Noble thief arc is actually better than most of the arcs except maybe Vanir's arc
So overall it's even better
May 22, 3:39 PM
Apr 2024
Enjoyable as always.
May 22, 4:08 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Spotsy
This entire season is KonoSuba transitioning from its iconic serious but overly comedic parody into what we call trash anime of today's anime world.

If you compare Kazuma with the Kazuma in the previous seasons, you'll realise that this Kazuma is a crazy person who doesn't know how to speak, with most of the times just shouting or making nonsensical comments.

Kazuma used to be the serious guy we relate to who had to keep his party of nut jobs in check, but now it seems that Megumin and Darkness are the serious ones, not counting the Lalatina side of her.

But Kazuma is a mad/crazy person now, and because of that, the show is no longer funny anymore.

It's basically seems to me like they just compiled alot of jokes from the source material and decided to animate skits from them, being that it's no longer a story you want to follow. And the jokes are superficial, because one can no longer relate.
@Spotsy nah, he always the same imo, cuz in this season he had so much opportunity and luck, like being called onisama by iris, have a luxury life, being called hero, and the body swapped, you think our lord will miss the opportunity ? 🗿👌 (correct me if im wrong)
May 22, 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
Sadly in my opinion season 3 has been a little tame compared to season 1, some jokes just not landing for me and it feels like they're pulling their punches with everything so this is where I drop it
May 22, 4:25 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Innskip
SpiderMiles3523 said:
they kind of blew it by how they adapted the castle raid arc where they cut out 80%+ of the action scenes. The konosuba fandom is angry with some hoping this anime doesn't continue. It looks like kadokawa straight up slashed the budget for this show. Probably for the overlord movie. I am not surprised if kadokawa chooses not to continue.

Why should we care if someone dislikes it ? They hope ... Well, if they don't like it they shouldnt watch. Some series were great (like thif ones), it's too bad that too little action and that budget is cut but i still enjoy it and even this one is far better than 99% of crappy anime shows with OP heries wth no common sense or humor, i dunno why studious waste money on those at all.

PS Th see a fish in op and ed, so is this a hydra or a dragon ? =))
@Innskip did you read the links. These are the ln readers. The castle raid was just not well done and it should have been much much more for a show with high vierwship and successful gacha fame. If kadokawa blew it at their one chance at the peak, what hope is there left. Rest of the season will be boring after this. Unless you force yourself to laugh at the same slapstick humor.
May 22, 4:28 PM
Nov 2023
Takorra said:
Sadly in my opinion season 3 has been a little tame compared to season 1, some jokes just not landing for me and it feels like they're pulling their punches with everything so this is where I drop it

I respect your choice. If you’re not enjoying something, it is always best to find something more suitable.
Shame the usual haters in here can’t do the same. Every week there’s lots of actual anime lovers saying how good it is (Yes, it really is peak), and 3-4 repeat complainers trying to look superior by shitting on it. These same people appear on multiple threads doing exactly the same. You know who you are. Don’t just drop KonoSuba, just stop watching anime, you clearly hate it!!!
May 22, 4:28 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Polvo_Aranha
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Polvo_Aranha https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/s/0J7XGHfmzN

https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/s/m5FtUSNGQq

It was a massive disappointment. That was supposed to be the peak of konosuba. But it felt done with so quick and barely much actio happenned

So your argument is a random dude's opinion and a meme? Okay, that is my argument:

I love democracy.
@Polvo_Aranha check trending and sugoi and konosuba didnt top. Re read those reddit links. There are the ln readers. Konosuba barely managed a win since dal spent most of its episode on the backstory. Basically konosuba got lucky.

FYI, episode 6 was supposed to be konosuba's peak. Rest of the season won't be as good. Anime onlies will start to feel it.
May 22, 4:31 PM
Jun 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Polvo_Aranha check trending and sugoi and konosuba didnt top. Re read those reddit links. There are the ln readers. Konosuba barely managed a win since dal spent most of its episode on the backstory. Basically konosuba got lucky.

FYI, episode 6 was supposed to be konosuba's peak. Rest of the season won't be as good. Anime onlies will start to feel it.

Do you mean this one that KonoSuba climbed two places back to Top 3?
May 22, 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
Another good episode, I'm satisfied, after Spin Off I was afraid that the level would drop
May 22, 4:44 PM
Apr 2022
Polvo_Aranha said:
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Wow I didn't expect Date A Live to be so high
May 22, 5:07 PM

Aug 2020
There is some crazy tide growing there... I am interested in the next episodes!

May 22, 5:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s expected that Kazuma and Aqua would blast through their cash upon getting lots of money, but I’m ngl those long pauses went on for a little too long lol, I kinda wish they’d include maybe the glints in their eyes moving or something so you know you’re not buffering, they’re comedic pauses tho. And it looks like the next leg of the show might concern Darkness’ family once again with that fortune that was told, but not before this hydra battle which is off to a great start thanks to Aqua being a goof, but hey, I wouldn’t have it any other way lol.

And there were lots of good bits in this one, I liked the one with Vanir overworking Wiz to the point she becomes dead inside lol, just like an actual retail worker. There was also Darkness answering Vanir’s prying questions which was revealed she didn’t actually have to answer to get her fortune told lol, but I do love Darkness freaking the fuck out and there was plenty of that for every character this episode. And lastly Aqua paid probably way too much for what’s probably a chicken egg or something, unless it’s possible the tadpole from the ED might not just be a bit for the ED after all, we shall see eventually.
May 22, 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
Yes! Masochist Darkness is back. I was starting to miss her despite having really enjoyed Iris' arc.

Funny episode as usual. Darkness is getting so much focus this season and I'm absolutely loving that.
Also Yunyun next episode? Nice!
May 22, 5:50 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah the comedy in this show never fails to get a smile out of me. Looking forward to this show every week is great. Aqua buying a worthless chicken egg from that scammer was great and he couldn’t have been any more suspicious when he was trying to sell it to her 😂 looking forward to the fight against the hydra next week
May 22, 5:58 PM

Dec 2021
I love those rare moments when Kazuma and Aqua actually seem to be on the same wavelength. Even though they argue the most, when they get along, they really get along.

Also, based on what Vanir said during his fortune-telling, I think Darkness was genuinely desperate when she begged Kazuma for help with that quest.

May 22, 5:59 PM
Mar 2019
Emperor Zel, you gotta wonder what's comin'
May 22, 6:44 PM

Apr 2022
bargain-priced bottles LMFAO the chef's accent and change in tones was jokes. aqua and kazuma being a great duo as always and megumin warming the egg was hilariously cute. bro told darkness the one piece is real basically.
May 22, 6:47 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is wasteful. Darkness needs our boi to save her Aqua is hopeless
May 22, 7:10 PM

Apr 2019
Kazuma and his stupid friends are back at Axel and they are rewarded with a million eris, Kazuma and his gang becomes rich, Aqua and Kazuma eating at a fancy restaurant was fun to watch and they seem to be going around trying different restaurants, Megumin and Darkness doing some kinky stuff, Darkness's family seems to have fallen into debt or something, and so they went to do a monster quest. It seems that Kazuma's gang is ballin' at the moment but it seems it would be temporary, Aqua got scammed.
May 22, 7:15 PM

Dec 2022
This one was pretty hit and miss. Tons of screaming, and the pause joke is now overplayed.

The good points: The facial expressions, Lalatina being herself now that she's back in Axel, Aqua's ass, sleep deprived Wiz, more Vanir, whatever that thing with Megumin was.

Looking forward to seeing Yunyun again at least.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 22, 7:24 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Grzana02
Polvo_Aranha said:
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Wow I didn't expect Date A Live to be so high
@Grzana02 dal will remain 1 or close to it all season. Anyone not watching is truly missing out. Masterfully directed and amazing things every episode. Almost movie quality. Also it knows how to build and allude towards a climax. Naro novels never do that since they don't have the same pressure a regular novelist would.
SpiderMiles3523May 22, 7:32 PM
May 22, 7:56 PM

Jun 2015
This episode had a total budget of $5 dollars. I feel bad for the voice actors. I can hear them doing their best to make the script work but the studio isn't matching their energy at all. Just compare what you hear with what you see. It's so sad.

If you guys are wondering why this season is shit compared to the previous 2, it's cause it's a new studio called Drive.
May 22, 11:22 PM
Apr 2023
saikyozero said:
I might be the only one who keeps enjoying the episodes

Anyways, their bounty was so late, I thought I missed an episode

you're not the only one, trust me.
Source: Wednesday is my favorite day rn
May 22, 11:45 PM

May 2022
Reply to Nerdason
God bless us for another wednesday
@Nerdason I wonder if there were some redraws on the later episodes to include more fan service once the complaints started rolling in because it's like night and day since episode 5.
May 22, 11:46 PM

Feb 2016
🚨🚨🚨 YUNYUN WILL BE APPEARING IN THE NEXT EPISODE ❤️ 🚨🚨🚨

I laughed my ass off as always, another banger.
Poor mommy Wiz being overworked for being dumb 😭

Is always a joy to see Vanir, he is so fkng funny, and is always wholesome as fuck how nice Aqua and Kazuma really are towards each other, the bond these 2 have is like none other.

I've started to really like Darkness, I mean, I always did, but she was never that important to me, like, she was just another funny girl in the party, but this season has been moving around her a lot because of her family wealth and connections, even more than in S2, so I finally have started to appreciate her.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 23, 2:15 AM

Feb 2018
More long obligatory pauses from Aqua and Kazuma lmao. Another funny episode as always.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 23, 3:27 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to Ashhk
Kazuma and Aqua were so goofy pretending to be rich lol, and that Megumin x Darkness scene sure was...weird, poor Darkness she had to expose some of her secrets actually... and now they're going to fight that Hydra, while Aqua couldn't keep the dragon egg and got a surprise while "purifying" the lake xD
@Ashhk To be fair, they're not exactly pretending to be rich.
May 23, 3:29 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Grzana02 dal will remain 1 or close to it all season. Anyone not watching is truly missing out. Masterfully directed and amazing things every episode. Almost movie quality. Also it knows how to build and allude towards a climax. Naro novels never do that since they don't have the same pressure a regular novelist would.
@SpiderMiles3523 I actually started watching DAL on your recommendation and got through season 1 and a bit into season 2. So far it feels like a kinda generic harem story with a generous helping of second-hand embarrassment. It's not bad but not exactly my cup of tea. Does it improve?

(Sorry for off-topic.)
May 23, 3:39 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was hilarious. And, we get a cliffhanger to the first real threat. Things are looking better. :)
May 23, 4:03 AM

Sep 2014
Best episode this entire season and I desperately want to see Lalatinas abs now.
I think if anything a fit girl wearing cute clothes is even cuter than a cute girl wearing cute clothes.

Poor Wiz! Vanir truly is evil!

Emperor Zel is going to be the tadpoal from the outro isnt he?

Im surprised Aqua volunteered to go in the lake where the Hydra sleeps. But also Im surprised they took this quest on at all, for once they have no debt, enough money and everyone agreed to take it slow for a while. I guess the hydra is related to Darkness family?
Comander-07May 23, 4:17 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 23, 4:24 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Love_And_Forward
@SpiderMiles3523 I actually started watching DAL on your recommendation and got through season 1 and a bit into season 2. So far it feels like a kinda generic harem story with a generous helping of second-hand embarrassment. It's not bad but not exactly my cup of tea. Does it improve?

(Sorry for off-topic.)
@Love_And_Forward 1st season is mainly introductory and lays the building blocks for the rest of the story. 2nd season introduces to the primary villain and stakes increase. You can just go read the review of seasons 4 and 5. Don't want to type an essay and reveal all the spoilers.
May 23, 5:48 AM
May 2024
Reply to Nerdason
God bless us for another wednesday
@Nerdason Thank you for another bake of Aqua cake! Delicious
May 23, 6:00 AM

Mar 2018
best episode of the season so far
May 23, 6:11 AM

Jan 2021
I got to see aqua a lot. 10/10 episode as alaways. Looking forward to next week.
I LOVE AQUA!!!
May 23, 6:18 AM

Mar 2017
They really made Aqua racist no fucking way
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 23, 6:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Perverted Darkness truly is supreme, xD.

We’re finally getting started this season!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 23, 6:48 AM
Oct 2019
The gang finnally got the bounty from defeating Slyvia? damn the paper work really takes some time huh.

They did it again with the long pause LMAO

Aqua got scam to buy a "Dragon Egg"?

Now they gonna fight the Hydra!!
May 23, 7:33 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Comander-07
Best episode this entire season and I desperately want to see Lalatinas abs now.
I think if anything a fit girl wearing cute clothes is even cuter than a cute girl wearing cute clothes.

Poor Wiz! Vanir truly is evil!

Emperor Zel is going to be the tadpoal from the outro isnt he?

Im surprised Aqua volunteered to go in the lake where the Hydra sleeps. But also Im surprised they took this quest on at all, for once they have no debt, enough money and everyone agreed to take it slow for a while. I guess the hydra is related to Darkness family?
Comander-07 said:

The studio cut out the whole explanation why the group has to face the hydra.
The Hydra awakens every 10 years after absorbing enough mana and goes on a rampage until it runs out of mana again. The 10 years is almost up. Vegetation grows different around the lake when the hydra is about to awaken because its not absorbing mana anymore.
The capital regularly sends knights to wear it down.

So it's not necessary for Kazuma's group to do anything.
The studio cut this one out too: Darkness went away for a day for unexplained reasons, but when she returned she demanded she wants to kill the hydra. She's suicidal for some reason.
May 23, 8:18 AM
Jun 2020
Yaggamy said:
Comander-07 said:

The studio cut out the whole explanation why the group has to face the hydra.
The Hydra awakens every 10 years after absorbing enough mana and goes on a rampage until it runs out of mana again. The 10 years is almost up. Vegetation grows different around the lake when the hydra is about to awaken because its not absorbing mana anymore.
The capital regularly sends knights to wear it down.

So it's not necessary for Kazuma's group to do anything.
The studio cut this one out too: Darkness went away for a day for unexplained reasons, but when she returned she demanded she wants to kill the hydra. She's suicidal for some reason.

Darkness being suicidal isn't any news. It is part of her masochism.
May 23, 10:09 AM
May 2023
means they haven't returned to Axel since Movie1
May 23, 10:35 AM
Oct 2020
I think, this is perhaps one of the worst episodes of the entire Konosuba series. It seemed like the voice actors (Especially Fukushima Jun, the Seiyuu of Satou Kazuma and Amamiya Sora, the Seiyuu of Aqua) was forcing their prowess just to make us laugh, which was a bit irritating. I really don't get it why this season is trying so hard to make the audience laugh (in some particular instance, killing the actual mood of watching airing episodes) where the previous two seasons (Especially the second season) did it with so ease? Is it because of the hype?
May 23, 1:14 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to phantom346
This episode had a total budget of $5 dollars. I feel bad for the voice actors. I can hear them doing their best to make the script work but the studio isn't matching their energy at all. Just compare what you hear with what you see. It's so sad.

If you guys are wondering why this season is shit compared to the previous 2, it's cause it's a new studio called Drive.
@phantom346 even date a live season 3 and index 3 felt like they had a bigger budget than this. We all knew drive dropped the ball big time on konosuba 3 after the butchered castle raid which is like the best part of the light novel series. That sent the entire ln reader base up in flames. It is especially a big betrayal because the fanbase spent a ton on fantastic days.

Just compare it to the dal v episodes, especially episode 3 and 5 and see how masterfully they were directed. As for the seiyuus, I don't think they are that invested. Rieri has too many main roles as females leads and got the key one in the fgo franchise. She always has work.
May 23, 1:31 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Sei_Shinohara484
I think, this is perhaps one of the worst episodes of the entire Konosuba series. It seemed like the voice actors (Especially Fukushima Jun, the Seiyuu of Satou Kazuma and Amamiya Sora, the Seiyuu of Aqua) was forcing their prowess just to make us laugh, which was a bit irritating. I really don't get it why this season is trying so hard to make the audience laugh (in some particular instance, killing the actual mood of watching airing episodes) where the previous two seasons (Especially the second season) did it with so ease? Is it because of the hype?
@Sei_Shinohara484 partially that but also due to botched adaptation. This studio fails hard at adapting any action. Castle raid. It isn't hard to adapt everything else since it largely just talking.
May 23, 2:22 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to red-tomato
They really made Aqua racist no fucking way
@red-tomato What?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Darkness hasn't been as slutty this season.

Rally- - May 19

20 by Rally- »»
Yesterday, 10:38 PM

» New OVA in production

Dbagas8 - Sep 14

11 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Sep 16, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

180 by Ken_Kaneki7 »»
Sep 13, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 5

194 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

211 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Aug 21, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.