Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 5:33 PM
Nov 2016
That opening is so shitty, the moment it starts I fast-forward the hell out of it, I despise shitty openings.

The episode is pretty decent though, I disliked this part in the manga, I never liked that laser guy, he's one of the worst characters in the show IMHO, he's just boring as hell but at least the anime made this part better so yeah, this is an enjoyable episode.

So far so good with this season, the first 3 episodes are enjoyable and the animation is above average too, I say the animation so far is decent so I have no complaints regarding the animation.
May 18, 6:47 PM
Mar 2015
Aoyama truly is a "bad" villain
May 18, 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
finally the traitor arc. i was just thinking this earlier if we went through this arc already in the anime or not thx to my shitty memory lmao i remember the good old days when a friend and i were talking about who the traitor was before this arc happened in the manga. this episode reminded me again how much i hated aoyama's parents.
May 18, 10:41 PM
Apr 2020
After the bad end of the previous season, i didnt expect to hate this anime again, i thought they redeemed it with the start of this season, welp i was wrong. Why just why would they make a character that nobody talk about to be a traitor, who tf cares about him. The impact of this reveal is nothing, i feel nothing learning this. They got so many characters at least do it on someone that is developed, naturally evil not a crybaby and someone we root for like all might, midoriya, uraraka, no2 hero, hawk, quirk remover teacher, prison guard, ramen shop owner, random civilian on training arc.

May 18, 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
So Sparkle Dick ...uh Navel is a villain. Well, I'll be damned. I had forgotten his existence tbh.

Hakugare is cute.
dragynfaerieMay 18, 11:52 PM
May 19, 2:30 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Reply to wyajesus
this shit peaked in season 4
@wyajesus I think i know why you only have 1 post :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 19, 2:59 AM

Dec 2023
Aoyama is such a cool spy that I completely forgot about his existence, heh
May 19, 4:41 AM

Jan 2021
Womp !!!! Womp !!!! smoking on that Ayoma pak rn All for one needs to finish the job and annihilate him and his family fr !!!
May 19, 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Piromysl
I love how it actually was foreshadowed long ago.

I also like this detail how Mina seems to be the most devastated by this twist. Aoyama is her best friend or even potentially something more.
@Piromysl Best friend maybe, but wasn't her main ship tease with another guy? They even had a separate mini-arc, where they showed how she and the red-haired dude influenced each other's development, I already forgot his name.
May 19, 7:10 AM
Jun 2007
Ah spy revealed episode. Probably extend to another episode.
May 19, 8:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Aoyama is a mole!
Midoriya has an idea to use Aoyama to catch the evil of this anime!!!
kekeke
May 19, 10:22 AM
Mar 2024
midoriya best boi
May 19, 12:35 PM
Oct 2017
It’s okey 🤷‍♂️
May 19, 1:09 PM
Nov 2019
Not having to deal with the manga's cliffhanger makes me enjoy this reveal so much more.
May 19, 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
This episode felt so random lmao, they just found out at the most random time that Aoyama is the traitor. I forgot all about this dude. I've always suspected that either invisible girl or Kaminari was the traitor. Why did they take so long just to figure out that they could use Aoyama as bait to get in contact with All For One?!? It was so stupid how everyone acted like it was such a grandiose plan when that should've been the first thing they thought of. But the plan is so flawed, I doubt All For One would fall for something so basic. And like, what if there's another traitor in the midst?

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 19, 2:49 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Yeah, I remember reading this chapter in the manga and it was pretty brutal realizing all along he was the traitor and was quirkless just like Midoriya. Good thing he’s got that talk no jutsu to pull Aoyama back 😂 so far though this has been a great season and bones did a great face reveal of Toru. Looking forward to next weeks episode 🙌
May 19, 2:56 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Wait what? Aoyama, the one with the shittiest smile and hero name was the spy all this time? For some reason this doesn't feel like it was planned from the beginning btu regardless we got to see two things we had been lacking all this time: him being sincere and the Hagakure's face.

Such an unexpected emotional rollescoaster in interesting as long as it makes sense. I'll let it pass for now to see where this goes.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 19, 6:10 PM

Jun 2015
The tone shift this season has been insane and not in a good way. 3/5
Read Toriko!
May 19, 8:45 PM

Feb 2016
I like the part were this fuck up mangaka made the 16 y/o girl fight completely naked.
They really are trying to hide her body here, because in the manga that weirdo drew her naked for everyone to see lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 19, 11:25 PM
Jan 2023
Ngl I didn't expect Aoyama to be the traitor of UA 🤯
kyledluffyMay 19, 11:30 PM
May 20, 1:19 AM

May 2015
I admit, this revelation about Yuga was kinda unexpected.
May 20, 10:23 AM

Nov 2012
Actually a great ep, I remember from years ago people speculating who the traitor could be, so it was the shiny boy. I remember some people used to think Kaminari.

Good start for this season actually, last season became a slog for me, but this one feels okay so far in that respect.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 20, 11:52 AM

Oct 2018
Shoutouts to the hero training scene. It's like they took the training montage from a previous season and crammed it into one explosive minute.

Today's big reveal would hit me harder if I were more capable of remembering scenes from the years-ago episodes that potentially contained foreshadowing. What do you mean, "left me the cheese"?

The mysterious invisible girl who briefly appears in the OP was... Invisible Girl all along? Now I feel dumb for not realizing earlier.
May 20, 2:18 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Scootboi
I miss Uraraka's old hair style, she looks like a single mother now. it's sad :(

Finding out aoyama was a traitor was definitely not expected at all.

Great episode.
@Scootboi Actually, her hair is tied only for training, she will be the same as before in the upcoming episodes (I don't think this is a spoiler)
May 20, 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
Not gonna lie, the traitor reveal came out of nowhere for me, I totally forgot Aoyama even existed. Like when did we last see him not just being in the background somewhere??? Feels like seasons ago lol. Was pretty underwhelming to be honest but it's good for the plot, things could get spicy from here.

For the traitor reveal to have any emotional impact on the viewers or at least me you would have needed a traitor in the calibre of Bakugo or Todoroki in terms of how fleshed out they are as a side character but like this it was not really great in my opinion 🫤.
May 20, 3:40 PM
Oct 2021
Deku is back again with the inspirational/cool one liners. Go Aoyama go!
May 21, 5:04 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
wow, didn’t see that coming! best episode yet!!!
May 21, 6:34 AM

Oct 2016
Traitor reveal was simultaneously cool and underwhelming. I liked how it was hinted at with Yuga’s quirk not pairing well with his body, and with how weird he was acting after All for One was defeated. But I don’t like how this traitor thing that was set up in season 3 (really since season 1 when you think about it) is being resolved so quickly. (8/10)
May 21, 6:19 PM

Jul 2016
Ah, yes. The "traitor in U.A." plotline the author completely forgot about and fans had to reminded him about it after who knows how many manga chapters of the topic not being addressed ever again.

But seriously, AFO sure made fun of kid Aoyama by giving him such "silly" quirk. What a bastard lol.

Decent episode, I guess. Got spoiled about Aoyama being the mole a while ago so there wasn't much surprise coming from me. Though I still liked how they made it look like Hagakure was the culprit at the beginning of the episode.
That said, we also got to see Hagakure's face finally being revealed and gotta say she's indeed really pretty. Sucks for the circumstances tho.
May 21, 6:23 PM
Jun 2016
Omg...I didn't expect it but understandable that he is the traitor in this...I hope he is gonna be in a good team now and not lie or anything but yet All For One can detect his lies somehow I think....so...hmmm..it will be interesting
May 21, 7:29 PM

Mar 2013
Well the whole traitor revelation stuff was sudden. Wasn't expecting it at this point of time tbh.
May 21, 10:09 PM

Aug 2013
There isn't much to speak about it. Still, the few words I have are the good ones: that part of Ayoyama's plot I think it is the thing I most liked after Deku's edgy boy journey; it brings a plot detail made a long time ago (I guess around epi 30, 40, I dunno), brings another character's plot, and gives to the mc from this plot more "layers". But, well, it is all about the mangá; now, I think the adaptation was okay. The drama scenes weren't dead; the way the VAs made their work was ok, and the point it finished was a nice point (I have no idea if this epi adapted only one chap or two, but wtv). Well, it was good in the end... and it will be the last good thing for a while.
May 22, 5:34 AM

Jul 2017
probably the best episode of the season for now, for me aoyama's betrayal was totally unexpected and hit really hard.
knowing that he was quirkless adds more sadness at this episode, and it breaks my heart hearing aoyama calling himself a rotten villain.
good job hagakure, she was also beautiful.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

May 22, 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
there it is aoyama is the traitor but he will be a bait to get all for one
May 22, 8:11 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, everyone's focusing on the traitor or invis-girl's face

But the real Mystery I am wondering is... who cut invis-girl's hair? Her hair looks pretty well kept, her bang isn't super duper long (which would happen if no one could see her to cut it for her...)

Also... dude sure did get the short-stick out of that All-4-one deal huh?...

Could probably have tried to ask for a better Quirk... instead of "I'm Firing mah Lazer"
amlgMay 22, 9:47 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 23, 8:27 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah, I was kind of underwhelmed at this one. The traitor reveal needed at least a reference in an episode or two before the reveal to remind everybody this was a thing lol. Even just one short scene of Nezu and All Might discussing their lack of leads about it last episode or something. It was just "Oh, remember there was this thing about a traitor? No? Well, there was. It was a couple years ago. Anyway it was this guy. Moving on." Ha. But I look forward to seeing a more sincere version of Aoyama now, hopefully.

Though damn, that was some real easy forgiveness, considering he set everyone in that class up to be murdered, multiple times. I get he was being blackmailed, but he did make a choice, and people died. I hope it's not gonna be a case of: Well, he cried a lot, so we only need a single conversation to move on from all that conspiracy to commit murder on us stuff.

I know very little about most of the final arc, so I'm ready!
May 24, 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
This sums-up this whole episode: "Aoyama! you can still be of use to us!" LOLZ
5/5.

May 24, 6:48 AM
May 2024
"I am a despicable villain."😢

(Yuga Aoyama aka Can't Stop Twinkling)
May 25, 8:37 PM

May 2020
There are only a couple characters I could care less about than Aoyama...

The backstory dumb wasn't enough to make this as emotional as they wanted it to be. Oh no! A barely relevant character turned out to be a spy, which also had little impact as a reveal since all the stuff he supposedly did was well in the past.

But cool, they now have an "in" to setting up All for One.
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
May 26, 11:19 AM

Apr 2024
Kinda reminds me of the Naruto plot twist where
, only this time it's that Aoyama was a villain all along. There's one joke in early MHA that completely changes its meaning after this reveal:

Yesterday, 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
So, Aoyama was the traitor. That's quite unfortunate. We got to see the invisible girl's face for the first time, too.

Deku is always optimistic. He can feel Aoyama's pain. What will happen next?

Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Jul 2022
Uhh it was alright. I feel like the execution of revealing the traitor was a little off-- there was NOTHING like that one chapter cliffhanger showing Hagakure in the shadows... people were losing their fucking minds. I know in an anime it's harder to do, but I feel like they could have shaved some time down in the last two episodes to have made it so that would have been a cliffhanger for the anime onlies, because oh my god it was insane.

Now, that scene is like, half a second long, and it's not dwelled on at all. Did anyone watching this get the same experience as the manga? Probably not, that's a shame.
Yesterday, 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
We finally got the traitor reveal! It's still a shock to see Aoyama as the traitor. At least he will get to redeem himself.
11 hours ago
Jan 2021
Firstly, nice moves Bakugo. You came up with a way to extend the range of your attacks by throwing out your sweat and surrounding the enemy. Along with that Shoto has become better at regulating his left side, making him capable of withstanding Dabi’s blue flames.

But obviously the biggest thing about this episode, and the reason for the title of this episode, is that Yuga was the traitor. Unfortunately I recall seeing a spoiler about that (similar to Dabi’s identity as well), but I ignored it since back in Season 3 it was concluded that it couldn’t have been any of the students. This situation is messed up. Yuga and his parents were so desperate for him to not be different from everyone else that they went down the shady route of getting a quirk from All For One. He likely knew the quirk wouldn’t work well with Aoyama’s body, and I’m guessing the quirk is better with the original owner of the quirk (because it’s lame when Aoyama himself uses it as he can’t do much with it; I mean he has to wear that belt all the time). I’m glad that Deku was able to capture them swiftly, showcasing how far he’s come with Black Whip being a natural part of his fighting style.

That interrogation really reveals the kind of man that All For One is, and how he won’t hesitate to take advantage of people’s heightened emotions. Not wanting to see what happened to Nagant, Deku wants to reach out to Aoyama, but the situation is different. Aoyama is the reason that the League were able to attack the USJ and the training camp, and who knows what he gonna do had Toru not caught him in the act. Speaking of, we get to partially see what she looks like.

But now that Yuga has been foiled from being AFO’s pawn, will he actually be able to trick All For One and will the heroes be able to get the drop on him?! I’m excited to see how this turns out!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

50 by Jonas-K »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25

82 by Dr_stock »»
1 hour ago

» Has it really just been 2 years since the events of Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 29

13 by broodo »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

» This is how I listened to the full op for the first time

HaruyukiIsCute - May 29

5 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 31, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

130 by NillyPC »»
May 28, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.