Forum Settings
Forums

What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Zarutaku
@Pokitaru lol xem is still running? dude really found his life passion in these games, i liked when he started opera singing in one of his vids (I think it was him, not sure).
@Zarutaku Yeah he is still here, speedrunning the game, although he's not that consistent.

I've never watched his opera singing tbh. I know he was an opera signer in the past, but I don't know anything beyond that
May 17, 8:53 AM
Mar 2021
My name is Aram and one time when i was playing a game online it said pick your Username so I picked Hovhanued it is also similar to my last name so AramHovhanued
May 17, 9:17 AM

May 2020
Big reference to Rockman Dash or Mega Man Legends in English
May 17, 9:38 AM

Oct 2023
Some toys are plastic (everything is kind of plastic). Awesome robot cartoons get many plastic toys.
May 17, 9:46 AM

Feb 2021
nothing, but it's an attempt to pronounce lucius, which was supposedly the username i wanted.
May 17, 9:54 AM

Dec 2019
It's from a webnovel lord of the mysteries.
Suah is son of God but he is like total useless. He constantly tries to hunt down MC only to fail miserably. Abomination is his power name
May 17, 9:57 AM

May 2024
It's my rap name. Goes pretty hard, no?
May 17, 10:21 AM

May 2015
i watched MAR in tv like 15 years ago and there was a guy named nanashi and liked the name.
May 17, 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
It's the name of my favorite card in a game called Urban Rivals.

May 17, 12:32 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
My name doesn't really have a meaning. Back when I was still actively gaming, it always annoyed me when every player name I entered was already taken, so at some point I got fed up and just entered something and -DxP- was always available, so I've been using that nickname everywhere ever since.
May 17, 12:56 PM

Oct 2019
It's on my youtube bio, so I'll just copy paste that here:

What's up with the name?

Well, A is my initial, and polygons2 is from my PlayStation username, which is my first name, which is Arshia (you can call me Ash) + polygons2. How did I get that?

At the time I was a dumb kid who wasn't good at English at all, so my uncle was the one who picked the polygons part for me. He is a game designer, and the way he described "polygon" was as a game design term. Which wasn't really a lie, but it is kind of a dumb username.

It's like calling someone Jimmy pixel.

Despite that, now it feels just right. Like it would be wrong for me to pick any other username.

After he finished making the account, we realized that putting my actual age in was a mistake, since the account went on parent lock because of it. So we had to make it again, which is how polygons2 was born.

It's not a very interesting story, but I couldn't think anything better to put here, so it is what it is.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeγ€ŒAMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 17, 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
It's something I came up with back in 2004/2005 during high school as I liked the word "Dark" at least. For "Shame" and "2", was probably random or how I felt that time or so.
May 17, 1:16 PM

Jun 2020
I've had many MAL usernames. So many I don't remember the old ones.

The current one? I was making an account on an old forgotten forum website and couldn't get just 'Jelly.' So, I added an f to the end. I decided to transfer it over to MAL.

Some of my old MAL usernames, if I remember correctly:
- frogscanskate
- wytai (stands for when you think about it)
- Jensifer (joke spelling of my actual name)
- -Jens (literally just my name)
- Jenzee (joke spelling of 'Jensie')
- crowdsurfing (my minecraft gamer tag LOL)

And.. shit. I don't remember anything else, lol.
May 17, 7:19 PM

Apr 2018
It is a Japaneseization of "La Chiva", a nickname I received when I began my adolescence.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
May 17, 7:31 PM

Nov 2015
Someone mispronounced Cyndaquil but I thought it sounded cool
and i guess

that i just don't know
May 17, 8:23 PM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
COD MW3 + Random Username generator
May 17, 10:39 PM

Apr 2018
Maybe I've replied to this post or it was similar to this but anyway, my previous username was Juralumin which was Yotsuba's doll name, I changed my name a few years back to NekoZamurai based on the Japanese TV show by the same name because it sounds cool.

May 17, 11:02 PM

May 2015
It was derived from a different username of mine, so it has several meanings for me personally, and it's not really about the number. Most of all, I just like the way it sounds and the visual combination of the letters.
May 17, 11:18 PM

Apr 2021
Me and my mother picked this username for my Minecraft account when I first received the game a long time ago, and since then I have always tried to use this username for everything, AJ obviously comes from my actual name and the username itself is pretty sentimental to me.
May 17, 11:30 PM

Dec 2021
A Chronon is a proposed quantum of time, that is, a discrete and indivisible "unit" of time as part of a hypothesis that proposes that time is not continuous.
(Wikipedia)

I thought about some nerdy names and this was the only one available among those I thought. Not a big fan of this name anymore but reluctant to change.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

May 18, 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
I have a low Iq and im always salty \(゚ー゚\)

May 18, 3:14 AM
Nov 2023
Tannenbusch is the name of a neighborhood in Bonn, Germany (which is where I'm currently studying), notorious for being a crime hotspot. I live rather far from it however.
May 18, 3:25 AM

Nov 2019
mine is a play on stealth which was part of my gamertag in the og xbox days and 63 which is a significant year of 1963.
May 18, 4:02 AM

Jul 2017
Mine comes from the name of a café (Shinkafe) in an RPG Maker game I made some years ago and the city it's in (Magna). The name "Shinkafé" itself comes from a Spanish calambur with the words "sin café", which mean "no coffee". Weird as hell, I know, but I ended up liking the name a bit more than I expected, lmao.
May 18, 4:11 AM

Mar 2023
I just love dragonite, its really cute (which also subverts the trope of dragons being fierce and dangerous)
“Since when was this world so beautiful?” ~Yuuri (girl's last tour)
May 18, 4:56 AM

Feb 2018
Bruh... This just my real name hahahahahaha
May 18, 5:19 AM

Aug 2023
Ozpin as in the "Wizard of Oz" or "Oz the Great and Terrible", a fictional character that was popularised by a highly acclaimed stage play, several movies, and the Oz books. Essentially, he's a conman hiding behind the guise of an all powerful, all knowing magician, making him respected falsely amongst the people he rules over.
May 18, 5:38 AM
Nov 2015
from maria holic, Kanako was called a 'lesbian pig' by maria and so I adopted the nickname to my list of internet usernames (Im also a lesbian)
May 18, 6:22 AM

Apr 2012
Mine is the name of a Doctor Who story and planet, where monk-figures chant calculations to stop the universe from being destroyed by entropy. I just think it's a cool concept.
May 18, 6:48 AM

Aug 2022

Malayopython Reticulatus "Saputrai" <------ dwarf variant of reticulated python from the selayar island in sulawesi indonesia
May 18, 6:54 AM

Dec 2021
Kitten cuddling is my favorite hobby, and Kitten Cuddler is my future legal name ^^
May 18, 7:01 AM

Feb 2020
^ That would be a great name, meow! =^_^= Also my favorite hobby btw. :3
May 18, 7:18 AM

Dec 2013
it is from old minecraft days. not that deep.
May 18, 7:32 AM

Jun 2011
Tower of God, 25th Baam. Used to obsessed over the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 18, 8:21 AM

May 2019
The title of my fav ED from one of my fav series and fav dino to boot. I thought it sounds good and it also has the initial of my real name too.

May 18, 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are my favourite fictional stories. I think out of all of Tolkien's characters, I probably relate to Bilbo the most.
May 18, 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
It's just a generic male Japanese name that I've picked and has nothing to do with the character "Noboru" from the GTO series who was the name giver, as I was already much taller when I joined and never became as much of a geek/Otaku

May 18, 5:25 PM

Apr 2024
This is my name everywhere, and the title of my "mascot" (Vtuber). It started as a joke when I was putting together an RP storyline with some friends waaayyy back when
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 18, 6:32 PM

Oct 2018
I've answered this a few times, but when I switched to this username from my old one (DarkFramuMaster, a corruption of Yuuta's Chuunibyou name), I was really getting into Final Fantasy X, and the name of the overarching theme song is A Fleeting Dream.

Fleeting_DreamMay 18, 6:37 PM
Dreaming 'bout long gone things;
Days, on end, repeating infinitely.
Like the inside of a never-ending dream,
Whilst looking for the endless morn...
Only to return to the dream again
May 18, 6:50 PM

May 2024
My name is a reference to a song called Taxi as they randomly said 4630 yen, and I decided to make it my user!
May 18, 9:09 PM
Oct 2023
Cat girl sitting on dork ass guys lap kinda awakens something in a fella.
May 18, 9:53 PM
Thread cleaned

Rule violating posts (which include off-topic messages) have been removed.
May 19, 5:50 PM

Aug 2022
My username is a reference to a certain group of Spartans from the Halo games.
May 19, 6:19 PM
β˜†RetroRiceβ˜†

Oct 2023
I like rice and I had no other username ideas
Gee, it sure is boring around here
May 19, 6:25 PM

Mar 2023
Nothing in particular, I just thought its rhyme and a bit tongue twister. Though, if you really want to translate it; its a Komodo Child.

My first MAL name was actually Zighart. It came from a character named Sieghart from the game called Grand Chase.
May 19, 6:40 PM

Aug 2021
made it when i was 10 years old and used it for everything since. it means "mental problem" hh. i thought i was clever, but it just made me look edgy. everytime i think too hard about my username now i get embarrassed, but im never changing it
May 19, 7:13 PM
Jan 2011
It's nothing special, just my name :)
May 19, 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
I had a different user name, but I realized just because this was an anime site, doesn't mean I have to be all nerdy and use a Japanese username. So I changed to a play on "man of action. Just fits better, and it wasn't already taken.
May 19, 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
It was a reference to a skit about a guy who keeps mispronouncing milk as "malk."

I know it's a dumb name, but I can't think of anything better.
May 19, 8:02 PM

Dec 2023
Right now, i like gurlz. Mayb tomorro i will sukky thingy againz.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

36 by Rhae »»
57 seconds ago

» Is "English anime dub voice" a thing?

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

11 by Jackof-allspades »»
8 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

36 by katsucats »»
8 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

15 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago

» Has anime ever had a depressing or motivating effect on you?

RobertBobert - May 30

21 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.