Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 11, 2010 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
Damn it, this is much more depressing than them being separated.
Jun 11, 2010 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed this episode, it's good to see what the members will (probably) gain during their separation (Newkama Kenpo for Sanji and badass bird for Chopper).
Looking forward to Robin and Usopp too, though I hoped to see Brook next episode. Guess I'll have to wait one more week to see him and Zoro ^^
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 11, 2010 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was funny! =3. Well, the first half anyway.

Sanji as okama was hilarious although slightly disturbing. I'm calling he got hypnotised/mind washed or whatever, I mean Ivankov is strong, so his/her substitute must have a decent amount of strength. Could be an Okama ability (Like that bit where he hugged Sanji, could of got him with a syringe of Ivankovs hormones or something), it could've been something to do with that outfit, it could've had sometihng to do with the castle,it could've been that Okama move that the sub used and finally it could be the mysterious power called Haki . (Because from what we've been showed there seems to be a wide variety of different types, and considering that the Iva's sub must be decently stong)

Chopper'spart was a bit bland but I like seeing my chops (along with the rest of the crew). I don't like Robin's, the place there in is really depressing. I'm curiou8s how the rest of the stories are going to done, will Oda do more cover stories or just wait till there ruinited and go into flashback mode? Hmmm....
Jun 11, 2010 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
Sanji - Cook by day, Queer by night.
Jun 12, 2010 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
Wow... I never saw it coming to Sanji...
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Jun 12, 2010 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
I guess this is a job for Boa Hancock. She will turn him back to normal.
Jun 13, 2010 5:50 AM
Jun 2010
I guess most one piece fans aren't too happy with Sanji's transformation...i mean, it's a freakin nightmare for us Sanji fans. I've been in love with him even he hasn't appeared in the show yet, and seeing him like that just broke me to pieces. I don't know if this little speculation about him learning kempo has some basis from Oda or the manga or it's just some pure common sense from fans but i sure hope it just turns out that way, minus the Okama way.

Maybe we're a little bit overreacting, but i'll never be able to have some peace of mind unless I see Sanji in a suit kicking asses as high as he usually does, or maybe higher.
Jun 13, 2010 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
I will never accept a Sanji that looks and acts like Courtney Love.
Jun 14, 2010 12:12 PM

Feb 2009
SANJI!!!!

NOOOOOooooooooooooo...............................
Jun 15, 2010 3:20 AM

May 2009
Manhood itself weeps when Sanji comes up now.
Jun 17, 2010 1:06 PM
Jan 2009
Sanji was the most badass guy ever.
Now look at him.

That's bloody disgusting.
I wont accept this crap
Jun 18, 2010 3:15 AM

Jun 2008
JPKK said:
What The F*UCK?!
GET OUT OF MY MIND QUEER SANJI!

oh god o.O

Chopper part was pretty boring imo.
Jun 18, 2010 4:39 AM

Oct 2007
Sanji is gross
that giant bird is hella cute
Jun 19, 2010 10:15 AM
Mar 2008
ro said:
oooooooh boy so Sanji gay ok im down with this filler

The way I see it, if it's in the manga, it's not a filler. However, the manga only has cover pages with what happened to the crew, so....I don't know. Any thoughts on what defines a filler? I would say that these eps have filler material in them, largely so, even. But the whole ep being a filler?

MorningGlory said:
Is Okama a type of species???
Why their face are so Big and not to mention ugly.(I guess some people might think opposite)

From wikipedia:
Okama (お釜, おかま)
Literally "a pot, a kettle", this word, always with the honorific prefix "O-", refers to a gay man, especially one who is viewed as effeminate or a drag queen. Can be pejorative. The word originated in Edo period slang for the anus. In current use.

-----
So in the end, Sanji being an Okama just might be only temporary. Hopefully i'm correct, even though he's far from my favorite char.
Jun 26, 2010 2:22 AM

Jun 2010
Finally Sanji came out of the closet ! Do you guys know what this means ? He will stop smoking for better quality foods and keep the air clean. (Very important for chef) Plus he can now beat the crap out of the girls and stop being stupid. +now that he is out, he can be himself which is very important for his mental health. Now he will even learn okama fighting skills and become friends with nami and robin and stop Sexualy harrasing them. And most of all, we will see a very exciting episode about which boys in Straw hat pirtate will be Sanji's love. It will be fun to guess who. Would it be the drunk guy ? The penis lengthener ? cyborg ? A skeleton ? or the cute shota furry ? =D I just can't wait !
pieceofshotaJun 26, 2010 2:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 1:51 PM
Jul 2010
quite a late reply compared to the last post was several days ago but I really hope its just a curse of the island and it will wear off once he leaves. I can't stand Sanji this was as he was just plain awesome and now he's cringing to look at. He'll be a totally different character now if its the case that he's turned the other way.
Jul 8, 2010 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
ro said:
oooooooh boy so Sanji gay ok im down with this filler

yeah but this fillers arent great at all still who the heck will the get off from those miseries
Aug 27, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2010
RIP Sanji, hello Sanja.
Sep 23, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
As much as I love Sanji and can't believe this happened...I still laughed until I cried. Poor thing XD
Sep 30, 2010 4:22 AM

Oct 2008
KAWAIIIIIIIIIIII. XD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 12, 2010 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, God... Sanji is now a "Sweet Transvestite"! XD
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Apr 11, 2011 9:41 PM
Jan 2009
poor Sanji...he became an okama

btw for those who don't know. These side stories about straw hat crew are not mentioned in the manga.
silverfishApr 11, 2011 9:45 PM
May 14, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2007
WTF was this shit??

Sanji? Becoming an OKAMA. You have to be kidding me. If they reduce sanji to this, there will be HELL TO PAY!!

It is nice to see the straw hats again after so long but i really don't find these episodes all that interesting. I also don't know everyone keeps saying this is training for them. Will some please explain to me how reducing sanji to an okama, and having chopper run around in a jugle learning how to cure a baby bird, considered training?? I mean chopper has been in MUCH more dangerous situations then this. If he wanted to, he could defeat all those guys easily on that island.

The one that was the most disturbing though was sanji. What has become of my favorite character? :(. I wish i knew what the hell oda is thinking with these episodes.

May 14, 2011 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
Henna said:
WereMaiChzBurger said:
I was going to assume that sanji would not become a queer but just learn kempo from the queen....in standing but that last scene with sanji was probably the most horrible thing I have ever seen. I pray this is only temporary and sanji will go back to his senses.

Second to that. Even though it (hopefully) is a temporary thing, it's still horrifying to see Sanji like that.

I really don't see what the point of this is anyways? Even if he goes back to his senses, none of this would make sense. I am sure there is an explanation why kuma sent him to this god forsaken island, but i guess will never know for a while.

May 14, 2011 2:26 PM

Jul 2007
Dramon said:
Sanji was the most badass guy ever.
Now look at him.

That's bloody disgusting.
I wont accept this crap

Me neither. this is bull shit. Watching something like this almost makes me want to stop watching one piece.

May 14, 2011 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
lol @ Sanji screaming "kyaaaa"

I also hated this part, I think Oda is trolling us but who knows xD
Jun 25, 2011 11:43 PM

Jun 2009
I found this amusing to be honest and the reactions in this thread are even more funny than the actual episode.

As for how this benefits him well first of all he's learning Kempo AND maybe he'll get over his sometimes annoying inability to hit women. NOW don't get me wrong, I don't mean he should smack the shit out of every woman he sees. I just mean that when she is actively trying to kill you, like Califa from the Ennies Lobby arc, then you need to get over that scruple.....quick. But, I doubt that'll happen as the only male vs. female fight I remember is the Usopp vs. Perona one, which was more mind game than anything.

As far as Chopper, well has he honestly ever really done much BY HIMSELF in a fight? No, I don't think so. I mean sure he beat that guy in Ennies Lobby, but he had to use a forbidden technique that put his own life at stake to win. This island, where he doesn't have Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, or any of the other Straw Hat's to rely on to survive may just toughen him up a little bit.

Oh, and for the record. I to hope Sanji gets over this Okama thing. I don't mind those types of characters, indeed Bon Clay is probably one of my favorite characters in the series, but not Sanji...not him.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 5, 2011 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
I should have had dropped one piece before watching this episode. :'(
Aug 6, 2011 8:51 PM

May 2010
Sanji in a dress? ...Priceless! haha My respect for Sanji has just plunged to the bottom.. its like WTF? haha Hope he gets his head together..
As for Chopper.. it looks like he's got a more calmer island.. none of those birds or hunters are any threat to him haha
Sep 23, 2011 11:02 PM
Apr 2009
Been rewatching the series. This is still one of the most difficult episodes to watch. While it doesn't bring me to tears like Clannad, nothing of any series I've seen has made me cringe so much that I struggled to keep my eyes open...
Oct 16, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
Boa Hancock X Luffy
Nov 7, 2011 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
Nooo....Sanji! ;_; This is sooo wrong!

Dec 4, 2011 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
Nice poll, though I doubt any of them would join Mugiwara pirates, yet I'm cheering for Hancock, of course. I would love to see the interactions between her and the crew, especially the 2 girls and obviously Sanji. Oh, Brook too. ;P

About the episode - it was average at best. The only thing I can say about it is: 'Poor Sanji'.
Feb 5, 2012 6:32 AM

Jan 2012
... sanji? i was shocked that oda actually had the balls to go in this direction with him.

i mean, i know sanji cooks and crosses his legs and has impeccable fashion sense and does dramatic hand gestures, but - LOL.

anyways, i don't mind. unlike most people here it seems, i don't care about preserving my image of sanji - i'll take him however oda writes him. people saying "i won't accept this!!" are being pretty funny because it's like they think their approval matters.
Nov 24, 2012 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
I was thinking chopper would fly on the bird to get back to the island..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 29, 2012 1:21 PM

Oct 2010
The Sanji part was a bit of a strong WTF. Nothing to overreact at, but quite weird. Sanji accepted himself too soon :P, I guess there's something wrong with that, so...

I liked Chopper's part more. I don't know why because the plotline is not that interesting, but it's so nice to have his classic comedy traits back. His tsundere ways when he found the mother bird absolutely cracked me up.

An average episode, though. The next one with Robin's story (which is very promising) and Usopp's quirks might be great.
Jul 11, 2013 6:43 PM
Jun 2013
smh I can't believe they wrote Sanji like that lol, just dam... if only Zoro could see this shit lol
Jul 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
omg..

I support gays but I don't support Sanji being gay what happened to our favourite womanizer ;_;
Sep 14, 2013 9:25 PM

May 2010
Looks as if Sanji has finally found his true calling
Oct 17, 2013 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
NOOOO WHAT HAPPENED TO SANJI! So happy to see Chopper again, he was so cute. And I can't believe that I'm this close to the time skip. I've heard after the time skip and before the time skip compares to Naruto Shippuden and normal Naruto. I'm so excited!
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Dec 8, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
Sanji's half of the episode was pretty weird but super funny!
Chopper's half was cute, as usual <3
I miss these two with the rest of the crew :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2013
that sanji part..fuck as hell. >.<
Feb 2, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
SANJIIIIII!!!!!
Oda what what are you doing to my Sanji??????????????????????????
pieceofshota said:
Finally Sanji came out of the closet ! Do you guys know what this means ? He will stop smoking for better quality foods and keep the air clean. (Very important for chef) Plus he can now beat the crap out of the girls and stop being stupid. +now that he is out, he can be himself which is very important for his mental health. Now he will even learn okama fighting skills and become friends with nami and robin and stop Sexualy harrasing them. And most of all, we will see a very exciting episode about which boys in Straw hat pirtate will be Sanji's love. It will be fun to guess who. Would it be the drunk guy ? The penis lengthener ? cyborg ? A skeleton ? or the cute shota furry ? =D I just can't wait !

I am sorry but I refuse to accept any of this....
Jun 1, 2014 2:57 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Sanji xD
Maybe, it's because of someone's devil fruits power?

Chopper! Ganbare!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 17, 2014 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Couldn't stop laughing at newkama Sanji
Oct 8, 2014 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Sanji.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 24, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
Sanji turned into a freak xD

Jun 15, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
well that was embarrassing to watch sanji like that
Jul 27, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
The fact that we know about Ivankov makes what happened to Sanji a little more.. understandable? Funny stuff too

Nice to see Chopper again, wonder how these two are gonna find their way back? Sanji looks to have better chances, but who knows
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:18 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
omg .. sanji scenes are just ... disturbingly ... omg what was that Oo

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 214 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 17, 2009

33 by Titanfan93 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 213 Discussion

reaght - Jun 5, 2009

37 by Titanfan93 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

40 by batpower3 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 112 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 17, 2009

48 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

» One piece live action

OiJosuke_____ - 10 hours ago

15 by westernwolfusa »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.