Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 2023 12:10 AM
Feb 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Bless Mitsumi's pure heart. 

this could be a synopsis for every episode 🥰😊
May 17, 2023 12:32 AM

Jun 2013
This is my favorite slice-of-life series, don't even know if it IS a slice of life but I'm calling it that for now until someone corrects me.

I always look forward to it. Takamine is one of my favorite characters. She's so passionate in what she does. I can see her and Mitsumi working together in a law firm in the future.
臭い-
May 17, 2023 2:35 AM
Oct 2019
Poor Takamine-senpai.

Damn who is this model girl?
May 17, 2023 3:04 AM

Mar 2011
I really, really love this. It felt so short.

This is so wholesome and cute <3
Although I smell a misunderstanding coming in...
But I hope their "date" won't be ruined.

Also can we talk about the fact the girls told the guys to at least admit they don't care who it was?
Like that's so real :D :D :D
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 17, 2023 6:10 AM
May 2021
the girl in the end wasn't even that hot
May 17, 2023 6:40 AM

Oct 2022
That new girl is an interesting inclusion, and this is like the most panicked we’ve ever seen Shima. Excited to see how this story progresses.

May 17, 2023 6:49 AM

May 2012
I haven't read the manga in ages, but surprisingly the anime adaptation is totally nailing it! I'm loving the positive vibes and themes of friendship, personal growth, and all the little joys of everyday life. Funny thing is, I didn't even consciously pick up on these things when I was reading the manga before. But now, watching the anime after a long day at work feels like a cozy treat. Gotta give a shoutout to the voice actors, especially the ones playing Mitsumi and Shima—they are seriously killing it with their characters!

Okay, let's get to the juicy part of this episode—the moment when Mitsumi's thoughts slipped out! Hilarious! Looks like she accidentally scored herself a "date" with Shima, hehehe. Oh, and guess who finally showed up... Ririka! This is gonna be good, folks.
May 17, 2023 9:38 AM

Apr 2023
Kanechika-senpai outsold everyone. Also Mitsumi learning from Takamine-senpai is another step to her dream

May 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2022
I'm usually all for pure platonic relationships in anime, but I can't help but hope Mitsumi and Sousuke end up going out at some point, they're really good together!

hanakocheeks said:
I know that Kanechika is a good person but seeing that scene again only made me realize even more that Kanechika really is a good person.

When we first met him, he was an inconsiderate airhead, so it's good to see him being a thoughtful sweetheart instead, in his own way!
May 17, 2023 1:38 PM
Apr 2021
is it skip to loafer or skip and loafer
May 17, 2023 2:38 PM
Feb 2022
This anime is really sweet, I wouldn't mind having a thoughtful and smart friend like Mitsumi-chan.
May 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
Kanechika died of self-provoked cringe in order to cheer Takamine-senpai up. Respect.

Also new girl has shown up and she looks like a jerk. Please don't ruin the wholesome vibes, please don't ruin the wholesome vibes, please don't ruin the wholesome vibes...
May 17, 2023 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
Is the model Shima's sister? They look kind of alike.
May 17, 2023 4:27 PM
Sep 2018
Nice episode, but I'm getting a little worried about that new girl. I hope this serie doesn't go full shojo and introduce a "rival". So far it has been very enjoyable for male dudes like me.

Also, I saw in internet the protagonist's aunt is a trans, I couldn't help but start noticing the male voice from time to time in this episode. Was that always the case in previous episodes?
May 17, 2023 4:33 PM
Sep 2018
I feel like the model girl is someone from shima's acting past, maybe a friend/relative but nothing more since he didn't look so happy when she called him. If they were a couple Shima would've probably introduced her to mitsumi without all the awkwardness. Also love to see protective Nao and little kanechika ❤️
May 17, 2023 5:33 PM

Dec 2022
I would assume it's a childhood friend / cousin that has a one sided crush on him... maybe even something like "engaged since childhood" joke or something.

May 17, 2023 7:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Student council and Shima 'hot stuff' drama.

Can't help but thinking Mitsumi might fall into Takemine-senpai case; lost by the popular dude which casually turn in just because he wants to stand out more, when she's actually so much desire to win the election and become the president. Its good how Mitsumi currently have a better fate with all the positive energy surroundings along her. But at the same time also glad that Mitsumi have a direct case to start to experience the issue and try to avoid getting hit by that, and also glad to seen Mitsumi become the one that heals Takemine-senpai out of the misery. So yeah, win-win solution for both, and good luck for you all duty at the student council!

Shima 'hot stuff' might be looking bad by how its suddenly turns off the mood when Mitsumi able to 'ask him out to the date' xd. But eh, not that necessarily. Since you know the drill, and Mitsumi shall be fine at the end xd. Tho its always nice to know more detail about Shima and his own surroundings...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 2023 10:09 PM

Jul 2021
Ririka is finally here, she's one of a complex character with various subjectification that'll be talked later on
May 18, 2023 2:47 AM

Oct 2022
Mitsumi really gave us a shocker with that surprise invitation, and Shima even better with accepting it. HOWEVER, as cool and casually as he did it, I'm quite sure he was flustered well inside, albeit he knows very well how to control his exterior appearance, due to his persona and acting skills additionally. But now that we've got a date secured for our pals here, we've got the intro of a new seemingly toxic lady in the showbiz, prolly goes back ways with Shima in his own time in the showbiz.
May 18, 2023 6:00 AM

Jan 2018
I just want to appreciate how realistic the election is in this show. Most of the time its the popular kids get elected instead of the ones who'd actually would do the work. One time, my high school had a school student council election. Three parties formed to compete: the ones that took this position seriously, popular kids who just wanted to boost their popularity, and the trolls. It was a very close election between the popular kids (voted by the girls) and the trolls (voted by the boys). The serious party got like only 10 votes. Tbh Tokiko stood no chance, and she knew it. 
Anyway, my school disbanded the whole school council thing never to repeat it again because trolls won the election (school didn't approve installing a chocolate fountain with strippers).
sezbian lex
May 18, 2023 6:00 AM
Sep 2021
This episode highlights the essential of hardwork, friendship etc., enjoyed the vibe in this episode and looks like we are slowly get to know about shima, his other friends.
May 18, 2023 6:22 AM

Nov 2022
Shima-kun seems to be assertively interested in spending time with Mitsumi, albeit still in his subtle ways. I'm also lovin how he's givin out explicit character development by choosing not to half ass girls AT ALL anymore, which really seems to please me.
May 18, 2023 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
BoiFun14 said:
the girl in the end wasn't even that hot
yep, Not even a compare to Yuzuki
May 18, 2023 11:55 AM

May 2015
Hype to see more about Mika, she looks nice.
May 18, 2023 5:56 PM

Oct 2022
Nao-chan had me rolling in the beginning, Shima better watch out for protective auntie, she’ll have both eyes on him!

I’m not gonna lie, when smug girl appeared, my first thought was, “ So, whose this hussy?!”
May 19, 2023 1:45 AM

Jan 2021
felixsifuri said:
I'm usually all for pure platonic relationships in anime, but I can't help but hope Mitsumi and Sousuke end up going out at some point, they're really good together!

hanakocheeks said:
I know that Kanechika is a good person but seeing that scene again only made me realize even more that Kanechika really is a good person.

When we first met him, he was an inconsiderate airhead, so it's good to see him being a thoughtful sweetheart instead, in his own way!

Yup, he showed his kindness in his own way, something only Kanechika would do... and I think that's what made it sweet. :)

May 19, 2023 4:12 AM

Oct 2022
She's probably like his sister or cousin. And the way she said "so that's why" or something along those lines probably means that shima talked about our heroine to his folds or at least to this new girl and probably in a positive way.

May 19, 2023 5:22 PM

Dec 2022
Mitsumi and Shima's relationship is so cute ong. The fact that he remembered her hometown friend is sweet, and clearly he sees her differently from the rest of the girls since he rejected them all.
May 20, 2023 2:24 AM
Nov 2021
Is Mitsumi the new Osaka (Ayumu Kasuga from Azumanga Daioh) ? She even made the same face when she asked Shima to venture out. That made me laugh lol.
May 20, 2023 2:26 AM
Nov 2021
FiendishChan said:
I just want to appreciate how realistic the election is in this show. Most of the time its the popular kids get elected instead of the ones who'd actually would do the work. One time, my high school had a school student council election. Three parties formed to compete: the ones that took this position seriously, popular kids who just wanted to boost their popularity, and the trolls. It was a very close election between the popular kids (voted by the girls) and the trolls (voted by the boys). The serious party got like only 10 votes. Tbh Tokiko stood no chance, and she knew it. 
Anyway, my school disbanded the whole school council thing never to repeat it again because trolls won the election (school didn't approve installing a chocolate fountain with strippers).
Every election is rigged whether its Political or school elections only the popular one gets elected not the one who deserves lol
May 20, 2023 9:03 AM
Oct 2019
muy buena serie anime. la prota , por, como empezó este anime. me, recuerda mucho, al anime. akebi-chan no sailor fuku. pero, con historia diferentes, entre. protagonista femeninas principales
May 21, 2023 4:09 AM
Dec 2016
great episode jwjwpwpi
May 21, 2023 5:38 PM

Aug 2019
Love this show so much! So warm and cozy <3

Also that wasn't his girlfriend right? I mean it could be, but I don't think they should jump to conclusions yet
May 22, 2023 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
Mitsumi and the new student council president have the same joke for wanting to be in leadership roles. Since Mitsumi is weird, it makes sense no one thought it was funny coming from her. But when I first read his version of it in the manga, I thought he was being serious and didn’t get it was a joke. Honestly, it feels like he’s just the perfect guy that can do anything, which is why he wins, but I am happy to see Takamine try to be more extroverted like him in her own way.

Even though Mitsumi is happy to have made a strong connection with Shima, I think that the new female character being a famous model should make her aware of her own physical appearance so that she makes effort to improve in that way. Mika already showed that it’s necessary as a teenager to be somewhat attractive if you want to make people accept you. Since I know what happens later in the story, I think the drama that happens later can refer back to her potential to have the advantages of being pretty (that Mika already expressed she was jealous Mitsumi didn’t have to experience).
May 22, 2023 12:12 PM
May 2020
pretty boring next to the previous ones
May 23, 2023 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
Given that she has shimas number it’s clear she’s not some rando
May 24, 2023 6:31 AM
Mar 2020
It's like the soccer club issue bit student council senpai in the butt.
May 24, 2023 1:58 PM

Sep 2020
The president of students's council part is really nice, they helped her out, and looks like the girl at the end is maybe his ex-girlfriend.
May 27, 2023 4:55 AM

Dec 2022
Mitsumi is getting more and more obvious with her feelings for Shima, she seems to be aware of it herself as well which is interesting. I wonder if Shima is choosing to ignore the signs or if he's okay with it since he's able to read people really well.
May 29, 2023 3:18 PM
Jan 2021
I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THIS
May 29, 2023 10:57 PM

Oct 2017
Hard work doesn't always pay off but that's just life. What's Ririka to Shima though? Friend from his acting days?
Jun 3, 2023 7:46 AM

Jan 2022
Well that girl doesn't seem to be the type to have a healthy relationship. I remember that Shima probably doesn't want to have people over because of his bad situation with his family. I feel bad for Takamine for not becoming president, but thankfully she has a positive outlook on the situation and instead wants to improve herself. Good for her <3 cute that Shima didn't really hesitant to say yes to Mitsumi. Funny that her aunt is starting to get suspicious of Shima
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 19, 2023 2:22 PM
May 2020
I love all the themes this anime touches on even subtly, and those scenes like the one with Tokiko's notebook are so BEAUTIFUL. This anime makes me smile so much. PD: how Shima looked at Mitsumi while they were watching Narumi's "movie" <3333333
Jun 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Aug 2019
Owie, felt really bad that Takamine didn't get that school council president position especially when the other guy didn't seem to be invested in the position. Sucks cus she seemed really determined about it, and a hard worker that put in quite a lot of effort to get to where she is, only to be outvoted cus the other party won only due to the fact they had a more popular personality trait.

To add more salt to the wound, we started to see Takamine start making changes to herself after meeting Mitsumi to which i could only imagine was having a positive effect on both her personal life and work life.

Mitsumi's quote really put the icing on the cake for the situation and a lot of real life situations as well, "Hard work builds confidence, but, it's scary that all we can do is hope that it'll pay off someday." You can work as hard as you want every single day and night, but the matter of fact is, nothing can be guaranteed or certain and all those hours can go poof. The only people that will know how hard you fought, are yourself and those close to you. Its also crazy to think that for something like education and career, you could invest your whole life to a subject or career, only to realise it isn't sustainable or what you wanted or that you simply can't meet the qualifications, it kinda starts turning into a long term gamble but with your life on the line.
From personal experience i've been in many positions where i didn't get the results i wanted in school after investing hours of time into, and currently i'm still struggling to find a career i'm qualified at and interested in. Eventually to me it felt like a repeating cycle, and after a while you can't help but feel if the hard work will ever pay off.
Jun 25, 2023 6:10 AM

Feb 2018
Things seem to working out quite well for Mitsumi, plans to go to zoo with Shima, but this girl showing up at the end seems like a classic rival.
Jun 28, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
I feel bad for Takamine not being able to become student president despite how busy she is while the guy doesn't seem all that serious but such is life.
With model Ririka now entering the scene, I feel like she's trouble but I hope I'm wrong on this.

Jul 1, 2023 6:02 AM
May 2023
Student Council works good for Mitsumi I like it
Jul 28, 2023 3:49 AM

Jun 2020
I am so confused if Mitsumi sees Shima as a homie or as a crush
Aug 23, 2023 3:28 AM
Aug 2023
it was bad, so boring
Aug 28, 2023 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
Can't help but love it how Mitsumi is totally oblivious towards her feelings for Souske.

Souske lol... what a playboy's name. Couldn't the author at least pretend not to give him such a Japanese Chad name!? XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.