Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 10, 2023 9:20 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
op has watched things like patlabor, *gundam, macross, lupin the third, battleship yamato which most of the malers don't touch or even heard of, i don't think it really applies to him. if anything, he is more experience than your average mal poster.

He also has a ton of SnK as his favourites, so he is just your usual MAL user doing a bait thread.
how about you work on your reading comprehension ion-kun.
Jan 10, 2023 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
That's funny cause when I compare anime to Literature [Herodotos, Shakespear] etc. it Anime is way higher, when I compare it to music [Chopin, Bethoveen, Tchaikovsy] again Anime is higher, Cinema if we speak about Hollywood, everything is better than those sex cheap stories, paintings as much as they look nice a single piece of art is worse than anime, no matter if we compare Matejko, Van Gogh or someone else, theather too, other media too. So far nothing has been better than anime x).

akiramado19 said:
Writing and art style designed only to sell, to appeal to the lowest common denominator audience and to deliver a drip-feed of dopamine, with no regard for individuality or innovation

Oh that's even more funnier you've just described Cinema, Paintings, Theathers, Music and every kind of art which exists with those words, you've really thought that Hans Zimmer or Chopin were making music not for money? That Matejko painted for himself? Theathers scripters and actors not playing for money? Actors and Directors not making movies for money? That is quite interesting that you're saying that about anime and not seeing that in all other media.
Jan 10, 2023 9:21 AM
Mar 2016
akiramado19 said:
Paladin23 said:
I disagree some studios may just pump out soulless projects but look at studios like Cloverwork, Wit, Silver link, Madhouse

My dress up darling, akebi sailor uniform, no gun no life, death March to the parallel world rhapsody all have beautiful artsyles and enjoyable stories. Cloverwork kills it but with my dress up darling and akebi sailor uniform some of the scenes wouldn't look out of place in an art gallery

The lowest art form is the soulless woke diverse crap coming out of western media
But your average "woke" crap coming out of western media is miles above the greatest anime series. Look at Rian Johnson's The Menu, it may be your average RICH ARE...LE BAD schlock but for your common anime fan something like this in anime form would be peak fiction.

edit: Mark Mylod
If you say so. "The Menu" seems equivalent in depth as a low budget trashy harem anime, so I'm not sure it "smokes" anime. At least not for me. I find some Hollywood movies good, and others boring. Trashing mediums and pitting one against another is quite silly in my opinion. I'm fairly satisfied with the current state of anime, and its use of visual storytelling.

What am I doing, this is such an obvious bait thread, but hey at least it's fun arguing with a devil's advocate I'll give you that.
Jan 10, 2023 9:25 AM

Jan 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
Ionliosite2 said:

He also has a ton of SnK as his favourites, so he is just your usual MAL user doing a bait thread.

I read the whole thread already, and I understand that you are talking about that he watched shows that aren't popular between most of MAL users, but I don't think that having watched those = having more experience.
Jan 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
Fair enough. What really matters is that anime can do things that only anime and no other media can do, whether in terms of visual presentation (e.g. Bocchi the Rock!) or writing (e.g. Ishuzoku Reviewers). 
Jan 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Jun 2020
so true ooomfie, ngl you're spitting fire no cap
Jan 10, 2023 9:40 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:

I read the whole thread already, and I understand that you are talking about that he watched shows that aren't popular between most of MAL users, but I don't think that having watched those = having more experience.
but definitely more experience than someone who watches seasonal shit and shounenshit only. that's what i am talking about here.
Jan 10, 2023 9:41 AM

Apr 2015

Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
Tropisch said:
You serious dude? Half of OP's list is generic shounen. "More experienced" my ass.
only if you were not a dumbass with zero reading comprehension, and had read my complete post.... you wouldn't had said something like that. how many anime have you watched from the anime i mentioned?

key word: "average mal poster"
[font="\"Helvetica neue\", Helvetica, \"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]pretty sure your average mal poster won't touch something like patlabor, macross, lupin, yamato etc.... just bcs he has watched more shounen doesn't negates anything i have said.[/font]

Imagine calling someone a "dumbass" for pointing something out. I did read it thank you very much. What's up with all these edgy shounen loving kiddo like you being edgy? 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 10, 2023 9:52 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Tropisch said:
Imagine calling someone a "dumbass" for pointing something out.
you didn't "pointed out something" you misinterpreted my whole post....and proceed to try something funny 
Tropisch said:
What's up with all these edgy shounen loving kiddo like you being edgy? 
1.i am not shounen loving kiddo. i  hate shounen and its fan like any other shounen hater.
2.why are you crying like those twitter karens who starts whining after getting pointed out for wrong? lol
Mugiwara_LuffyyJan 10, 2023 10:01 AM
Jan 10, 2023 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Nah, every other art form is just as soulless. 90% of everything is trash. Doesn't matter if it's music, anime, movies, youtube videos, novels, etc., most of them are either just trying to make a quick buck or aren't enjoyable to many people who aren't the creator.
Jan 10, 2023 10:03 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Anno pouring his depression into Evangelion is only meant to sale, okay sure
9cycle cycle9

Jan 10, 2023 10:04 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
sematary butcher house friday 13th
9cycle cycle9

Jan 10, 2023 10:08 AM

Apr 2015
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
Tropisch said:
Imagine calling someone a "dumbass" for pointing something out.
you didn't "pointed out something" you misinterpreted my whole post....and proceed to try something funny 
Tropisch said:
What's up with all these edgy shounen loving kiddo like you being edgy? 
1.i am not shounen loving kiddo. i  hate shounen and its fan like any other shounen hater.
2.why are you crying like those twitter karens who starts whining after getting pointed out for wrong? lol  
Sure whatever kid. Not even crying, just pointing out you acting like an edgelord for no reason at all. You didn't point out anything to me, other than calling me a dumbass just to do it. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 10, 2023 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Anime is pretty far from being a bad art form in my opinion. Mumble rap, color field painting, and post-painterly abstraction are some examples of art forms that are way worse.
Jan 10, 2023 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
Really? Anime produces the most "soulless slops"? While I'm not one to mindlessly praise anime as being better than all other mediums, have you not seen the many, MANY soulless reboots of past movies and tv shows lately? Have you not heard the various trashy songs both past and current that somehow have even trashier music videos?

There's been countless movies over the years, yet people still praise a movie from the 1940s as the greatest movie of all time. It's up to you if that's relevant or not, just thought I'd toss that out there...
Jan 10, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2018
You’re saying this with the list you have lmao… there are way worse mediums if you open your eyes 
Jan 10, 2023 10:49 AM

Dec 2019
Modern music seems like one of the the best contenders for lowest art form for me along with most Western kids shows (both cartoon and live action). With anime sitting comfortably at the #4 spot for lowest art form. I still agree that the bar for what is considered a "masterpiece" in this medium among fans is stupidly low (I mean just look at the top anime these past several years lol) but lowest of the low seems like a stretch. 

edit: You know what I change my mind. Anime is #5 lowest art form. Just remembered Hollywood exists so that's probably at the #2 spot for lowest, being contender for #1.

But also this is really rich coming from a fucking AOT fan lol.
Jan 10, 2023 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
pop music is way worse. Someone behind the scenes writes the song, someone behind the scenes creates the image, someone else writes the lyrics, the music is filtered through a hundred layers of production so that it can never be reproduced in a live setting. The actual performer has nothing to do with it but gets all the credit. All to create some 3 minute piece of "art" that will be forgotten and replaced soon with another one just like it.

Yes there's a lot of garbage anime. But most properties can be traced back to an individual person who wrote the story and created the designs. Even if his writing sucks, one individual artist creating what he wants to create is inherently more "artistic" than the corporate music industry assembly line.
Jan 10, 2023 11:30 AM

Jan 2020
akiramado19 said:
Paladin23 said:
I disagree some studios may just pump out soulless projects but look at studios like Cloverwork, Wit, Silver link, Madhouse

My dress up darling, akebi sailor uniform, no gun no life, death March to the parallel world rhapsody all have beautiful artsyles and enjoyable stories. Cloverwork kills it but with my dress up darling and akebi sailor uniform some of the scenes wouldn't look out of place in an art gallery

The lowest art form is the soulless woke diverse crap coming out of western media
But your average "woke" crap coming out of western media is miles above the greatest anime series. Look at Rian Johnson's The Menu, it may be your average RICH ARE...LE BAD schlock but for your common anime fan something like this in anime form would be peak fiction.

edit: Mark Mylod

If you actually think this, you are honestly one of the biggest clowns I have seen online
Jan 10, 2023 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
Why is this Mugirara guy defending the OP so much?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 10, 2023 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
I take it you've somehow never listened to music or watched a film in your life if you think these qualities are unique to anime. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 10, 2023 11:42 AM

Dec 2022
no form of art is superior to another
Jan 10, 2023 1:39 PM

Dec 2021
akiramado19 said:
RitoDeviluke said:

maybe you should stop watching? its hard to take you seriously when your posting stuff like this when you are rating AoT a 10 out of 10 score and akudama drive a 7/10. if you hate anime so much just stop watching it. your not being edgy, its not interesting, it doesn't make people like you . Its just annoying, your like every kid in middle school who talked shit about pokemon cause everyone liked it, if you don't like anime stop watching it, that simple.
You are exactly like the user that I mentionned above. You know if you had made a thread I wouldn't feel like going to your profile, analyze your "taste" and then reply you with a bias.
I feel like you people on MAL never ever discuss irl.
Yes, i did watch anime in the past and still consoom from time to time but that doesn't mean I find the medium content extremely rich.

oh get off your high horse. i judge your taste because you call certain anime souless and shows an obvious lack of writing or "innovation" somehow . while at the same time rating some really souless unoriginal works 10/10. its almost to the point where i dont even believe you are like a real person and create these type of threads simply to try to start argument, then retreat into your fake bubble feining innocence like you were actually looking to have a real debate.
💀🖤🥀˜”*°•.˜”*°•𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓮, 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮... 𝓪 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭𝔂.•°*”˜•°*”˜💀🖤🥀

Jan 10, 2023 2:37 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
RitoDeviluke said:
oh get off your high horse. i judge your taste because you call certain anime souless and shows an obvious lack of writing or "innovation" somehow . while at the same time rating some really souless unoriginal works 10/10. its almost to the point where i dont even believe you are like a real person and create these type of threads simply to try to start argument, then retreat into your fake bubble feining innocence like you were actually looking to have a real debate.

the OP in a nutshell
> go to an Anime forum and create a bait thread to decry Anime
> receive backlash from most people
> act like a victim and ignore any users who are against him
Jan 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Jul 2019
Ha yes, soulless, unlike other mediums filled with people who spend their time on social media and television talking shit about their audience and the source materials they're using to make adaptations completely missing the point then talking even more shit because they don't understand what went wrong. Anime is doing very well financially, some of those other mediums are having trouble apparently... I'm not sure if it's because it "appeals to the lowest common denominator," but one thing is certain: a lot of people are more drawn to anime right now because they can't find what they're looking for in other mediums and if what you said is correct then I don't know what it says about anime but I know what it says about the other mediums and it's a shame.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jan 10, 2023 2:51 PM

Apr 2019
akiramado19 said:
Writing and art style designed only to sell
boy do i have some news for you about... most of the entertainment industry (in all of the world) lmao
Jan 10, 2023 2:54 PM

Dec 2021
kizumi91 said:
RitoDeviluke said:

the OP in a nutshell
agreed. hopefully, they can get over themselves. I'm more than willing to debate why you think anime is a lower artform but I will not believe someone is trying to actually have a conversation when they approach conversations by calling things ; souless, slop and lacking all innovation. especially considering that most media you will find in the mainstream nowadays is exactly that. Thanks for your reply 
💀🖤🥀˜”*°•.˜”*°•𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓮, 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮... 𝓪 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭𝔂.•°*”˜•°*”˜💀🖤🥀

Jan 10, 2023 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
art isn’t real, so it’s all bad. we need to stop making art.
Jan 10, 2023 2:58 PM
Feb 2021
PAIN. Have you SEEN some of the live-action Hollywood films that are so revered???? Watch "Puss In Boots: The Last Wish." You'll understand why animation is the superior art form. So unexpectedly profound and CREATIVE. I still love reading, of course.
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Jan 10, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2016
You have never seen LoGH. Your opinion is immediately invalid.

/s
Jan 10, 2023 3:55 PM

Jul 2019
El001 said:
Agree. I mean, she went into the garden to cut a cabbage-leaf to make an apple-pie; and at the same time a great she-bear, coming up the street, pops its head into the shop. “What! No soap?” So he died, and she very imprudently married the barber; and there were present the Picninnies, and the Joblillies, and the Garyulies, and the grand Panjandrum himself, with the little round button at top, and they all fell to playing the game of catch as catch can till the gunpowder ran out at the heels of their boots.

How it feels to read jabberwocky for the first time.
Jan 10, 2023 4:11 PM

Dec 2008
This is such a bait, try harder. It’s cringe
Jan 10, 2023 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
Dunno, I like it myself. It's fun to watch.
Jan 10, 2023 4:24 PM

Sep 2018
Not sure if you're still looking at the replies, but I'd like to say my two cents about this topic.

Honestly, I disagree. Yes, a lot of anime has "Writing and art style designed only to sell, to appeal to the lowest common denominator audience and to deliver a drip-feed of dopamine, with no regard for individuality or innovation," but anime is a medium like any other. You could also easily find examples of TV shows, movies, music, etc that fit that same criteria.

I do think that people who ONLY watch anime are doing themselves a disservice since every type of media has its gems, but I could say the same about people who refuse to watch anime purely because "it's anime". There are amazing stories in every medium, and you shouldn't completely disregard any of them. A story like The Thing (1982) wouldn't work well in animation form, but something like Land of The Lustrous (mainly the manga) wouldn't work in live-action (or even in prose) either, and I think both are masterpieces. Violet Evergarden wouldn't be as emotional if it wasn't beautifully animated, just like how Inglorious Basterds wouldn't be as brutal if it wasn't live-action.

Every medium has their perks and their unique stories to be told
DeaneJan 10, 2023 4:30 PM
Jan 10, 2023 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
akiramado19 said:
Sure, it can be entertaining, but among the main arts (Literature, music, cinema, paintings, etc...) I think it's safe to assume that anime produces the most soulless processed slops of them all . Just a quick look at the many of the so-called anime masterpieces (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Millenium Actress etc ...) will tell you how low the bar is for this medium. Writing and art style designed only to sell, to appeal to the lowest common denominator audience and to deliver a drip-feed of dopamine, with no regard for individuality or innovation.
You just described Kitsch Art. This is one of the reasons why in the "West" we don't produce as many animations/comics as in Japan (another reason is that the demand is filled by anime).

Art... this is a loose term. To simplify it, we can split it into two categories:

Art with intellectual value:
Simply put, this form of art doesn't necessarily have a clear end goal. It is a  pure manifestation of an idea, impression, memory, event, or simply display of skill. In this category, you will find all the great masterpieces, like Michelangelo's David, Leonardo Da Vinci's artworks, Dalí's paintings, and so on. This sort of manifestation is considered art. It carries a message and a good (if not revolutionary) display of technique mastery.

Art with commercial value
Now, when you see in a museum a work of art that you really like, you will potentially want to own a copy of it. Or if you see someone that has a very nice dress you might wish to have that dress as well. So this means that there are other people that want the same thing as you do, and this creates "Demand". In order to meet the demand in a short period of time, you simply cut out the whole "intellectual value"  part. So the result is a mass-produced object that has some aesthetic value but was created simply to exist without any final goal. pottery is the best example, mass-produced and always in demand. It was created to be nice and to make money.
From this idea, you started to see more complex "nice" objects, like paintings. This is what we refer to as "Kitsch". Art, but done with the intent of making money.

In this regard. Movies and Animations are Kitsch. They need to make money in order to be produced (this is the entire idea, you go to a company,  present the project and get an X sum of money to make it). On the other hand, writing a novel or drawing/painting something doesn't require you to make money in order to do it. Neither does it require you to make it with conventional methods.

Now, the person/artist that creates kitsch is not bad by any means, they can be famous artists, after all, in our society you need money to survive, so as an artist, sooner or later you will have to sell art and produce these "Kitsch" artworks. There is no shame in it.

In the context of Anime. Let's think about the process through which the show/movie itself is made.
First, you have written material it can be a novel if the anime is based on it, it can simply be an original story. 
Second, you have a group of artists that illustrate the story/adaptations. After that, these  people work on animations (or maybe you have another group of artists that do it)
Next on, you have composers and actors that create/interpret.
Finally, the end result is a compilation of multiple artworks put into a single end product.
In this case, what do we call art or a masterpiece? The end product? If so, why do we attribute all the work to a single person?
Even if we did attribute it to a single person, this doesn't make that person an "artist", just a good visionary.
The process is more technical than artistic. Sure there is a skill and passion, but only that, nothing else.

In theaters, we appreciate the actors who interpret a play, and the performance itself. We appreciate the orchestra that accompanies the play as well.
This is a pure skill it is art. It also holds intellectual value as well, since it takes more than just skill to pull very good performance.

On TV or Streaming sites, we watch anime to fill a need for something (depending on your personal needs). Let's be honest how many of us,  pick an anime thinking "Oh I want to analyze and decipher the artisti approach and interpretation of each scene". Hell no, we go on a forum to ship or talk about "X" character or scene. 

Simply put, anime just fulfills a need for "aesthetics" it has little to no Intellectual value and it is made to be "consumed". So anime is by all means Kitsch. You can still call it art, but it will never have a World Heritage artistic value...

There is more to be said about this subject, but I want to keep it short.

Jan 10, 2023 6:50 PM

Jul 2021
nice bait, try harder next time please

Jan 10, 2023 7:40 PM
Nov 2020
RareWRLD said:
Anno pouring his depression into Evangelion is only meant to sale, okay sure

HAHAHAHAHA BEST JOKE I HAVE HEARD THIS YEAR
Wait until you find out about the rebuilds
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 10, 2023 7:45 PM
Nov 2020
im_garbage6669 said:
You’re saying this with the list you have lmao… there are way worse mediums if you open your eyes 
says the one who have their list closed to the public. I don't feel like taking into account what somebody influencable, bulliable enough to be scared of expressing what they like have to say. But what bother me the most is, like the other two individuals i was arguing with before, you just make another ad hominem instead of saying something very valuable to the conversation.
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 10, 2023 7:56 PM
Nov 2020
Thank you for the reply
Alokr said:

Simply put, anime just fulfills a need for "aesthetics" it has little to no Intellectual value and it is made to be "consumed". So anime is by all means Kitsch. You can still call it art, but it will never have a World Heritage artistic value... 
From my experience, the anime community would disagree with you on that regards.
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 10, 2023 8:02 PM
Nov 2020
RitoDeviluke said:
kizumi91 said:

the OP in a nutshell
agreed. hopefully, they can get over themselves. I'm more than willing to debate why you think anime is a lower artform but I will not believe someone is trying to actually have a conversation when they approach conversations by calling things ; souless, slop and lacking all innovation. especially considering that most media you will find in the mainstream nowadays is exactly that. Thanks for your reply 
Homie if you want to talk I'm all hear. I'm not going to click on your profile and judge your taste according to mine, this is childish.
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 10, 2023 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
It's hard for me to compare anime to normal TV/movies since I really don't watch any, but just between anime & manga I definitely feel a lot of "soul" for a series can be lost, it's not always the case though, some series do get adaptations that improve upon the source.
I'd say because there are so many forgettable or similar series that air every season it does set a lower bar for what a group would consider to be good, but why care? Even if you or someone else thinks it's trash, people will continue to enjoy whatever they enjoy.

Jan 10, 2023 8:51 PM

Sep 2019
Oye! I made a kind of similar thread a long time ago. Interesting to read your thoughts.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Nov 2022
I think even the worst anime would still beat worst B-movie by a wide margin.

Just look at this hideous thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYA8Gr5NTY&ab_channel=RetromanIE
Check out every movie by Ronald Reagan (later President). He himself said about them: 'they did not want them good, they wanted them Tuesday'

And it is far not the worst of them.

As for hideous books:
https://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Shades-Grey-Book-Trilogy/dp/0345803485
https://www.amazon.com.au/Twilight-Stephenie-Meyer/dp/0316015849

I cannot easily recall any hideous art or music for my treasury houses only the finest. Hideous has no place there.

Therefore anime is the highest form of art, not the lowest.
EmperorThorJan 10, 2023 9:08 PM
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jan 10, 2023 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
I'd say art is just another concept open for interpretation. Certain forms of art make no sense to people. Plus certain art is appreciated and certain art is condemned.
I can look at two people conversing and be impressed, to the point I call it art. Watching anime is similar to being in an art gallery. You look at the works of an artist and it brings certain emotions within you. In my opinion not much different from the emotions, watching an anime can bring within you.
Jan 10, 2023 10:12 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
akiramado19 said:
What do rebuilds have to do with anime released in 1995? 
9cycle cycle9

Jan 11, 2023 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
Wow. I can't believe how little I care.
Jan 11, 2023 1:25 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
akiramado19 said:
Homie if you want to talk I'm all hear. I'm not going to click on your profile and judge your taste according to mine, this is childish.
Welp, calling people childish but at the same time you think Anime is the lowest art form based on your taste. What a double standard moment.
Jan 11, 2023 1:41 AM
Sep 2014
There is literally a painting that is just Blue. It is only the color Blue. And it sold for 43 million Dollar!!!
Jan 11, 2023 1:53 AM
Aug 2020
akiramado19 said:
Sure, it can be entertaining, but among the main arts (Literature, music, cinema, paintings, etc...) I think it's safe to assume that anime produces the most soulless processed slops of them all . Just a quick look at the many of the so-called anime masterpieces (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Millenium Actress etc ...) will tell you how low the bar is for this medium. Writing and art style designed only to sell, to appeal to the lowest common denominator audience and to deliver a drip-feed of dopamine, with no regard for individuality or innovation.
I mean yes the absolute highs of music, literature, and cinema all outclass the highest highs of anime but anime is also a pretty new medium, and I would argue that it falls under the film category anyway, also I honestly could only think of a handful of movies since 1980 that you could even make a compelling case for being as good as End of Evangelion or Neon Genesis, like comparing it to literature which has thousands of years of history is pretty unfair, also if you adjust for the fact that movies, literature, and cinema are things that the entire world does wihle anime is something only japan does by definition(and maybe south korea or china from time to time depending on how you want to define it) then anime has actually achieved a hell of a lot.  Like, this has been 2022 is the best year for film in a long time with Tar, Banshees of Inisherin, The Northman, Decision to Leave, Bones and all,  and tbh Avatar 2 and Top gun 2 were both quite fun as well however, most years you have a few good movies and then a bunch of dogshit in the mainstream like the marvel movies, meanwhile with anime the mainstream usually ranges from decent to great with stuff like my hero being ok but nothing special to things like attack on titan blowing anything mainstream holywood has done in the last 10 years out of the water, furthermore the best anime has to offer is atleast on the same level as the best film has to offer from the last 30 years and this is given that there is a much smaller pool that anime comes out of.  Also you have Demon Slayer at a higher score than Neon Genesis, Monogatari, Fate/zero, and Perfect blue which kind of invalidates your opinion anyway
Jan 11, 2023 2:07 AM
Aug 2020
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
Ionliosite2 said:

akiramado19 said:

The rebuilds are an artistically serious reintepretation of Anno's older and defining work that allow him to reintepret both the themes and context of the original series and the mindset he was in while making it, probably the best comparison I can think of off the top of my head is The Irishman where Scorcese looks back on the genre he is most known for from the lense of his much older self to produce a new spin on it, even going so far as to cast all the same actors like De Niro and Pesci that he used for films like Casino and Goodfellas.  Im not even the biggest fan of the rebuilds but they are about as far from a soulless cash grab as a sequel can get.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 40 minutes ago

4 by xqXpx »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

46 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

29 by traed »»
18 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 1 hour ago

2 by Ratris_Decision »»
40 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

40 by Dumb »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.