Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 19, 2021 2:30 PM

Aug 2019
they modified the plot so much and never talked about

whats up with emilico being kidnapped as well??
cloverworks please dont fuck this up anymore
sbenelaJun 21, 2021 1:19 PM
Jun 19, 2021 2:36 PM

Aug 2019
avil said:
alshu said:
Now that's uncharacteristic thing for Kate, to spill the beans immediately before everyone from her debut group.
Was this act part of the manga or anime original? (I mean I want to know only about this act not everything that happens in the manga.)

IT IS uncharacteristic. I was afraid that in anime Kate just gonna go ahead and tell everybody else aside from John about dolls. If some things that was skipped in anime aren't that glaring (I even could complement anime for "keeping the slow pace"), that one part you can clearly see doesn't get along very well with what was shown before. Conclusions and reveals started popping out like shrooms after a rain all of a sudden, pacing got ruined right before the end. You can tell that ending is going to be different, and that's kind of sad.

they changed kate so much this episode
she was apprehensive of telling stuff to john in the manga and now she just spills the beans to everyone and especially next to their brainwashed dolls??
that was so out of character
Jun 19, 2021 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
This is stupid! Kate is very careful in manga; and there is a reason - will be explained in the next ep.
She doesn't turn all fragile and go all "everybody plz halpppp they took mah Emilico... sobs..." mode.
In manga Emilico's kidnapping never happens. This may be how they change the missing "robe person" from ep 4.
In the source, it's just Kate and John investigating Robe person. Kate DOES NOT trust Louise and Patrick, and even John is viewed more or less trustworthy in her eyes (mostly because John is goofy and may reveal secrets by mistake and shit).

In anime, Kate openly goes against the house/Edward and involves EVERYONE else!!! And they AGREE to unite!!! In manga Kate isn't dumb enough to reveal all her cards, endangering herself to be discarded.

The development is rushed and diminishes Kate's character by a HUGE margin!
Sigmar-UnberogenJun 19, 2021 2:49 PM
Jun 19, 2021 2:56 PM
Feb 2021
I have the feeling, this new odd story from the anime come from the fact they did not have material from the old arc to add the two remaining episodes without beginning the new arc from the manga and finish the anime in a strange way in an ongoing-arc.
So they choose to creates a new story so they could rush it and fill the two remaining episode.
AkihapJun 19, 2021 3:03 PM
Jun 19, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
And here we have the second anime original story variation.
Let's see what the final clash will be like and if in the end the anime adaptation will converge back to the original story or if it will just end with a brand new conclusion.
Jun 19, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
sbenela said:
they modified the plot so much and never talked about kate being able to

bro i get you're upset but don't go around spoiling manga-only content openly
Jun 19, 2021 4:18 PM
Aug 2016
I was really enjoying this episode until it started diverging from the manga... I was really looking forward to Susanna's craziness XD but it makes sense that they had to cut it for time constraints. That being said, the ending where they all gathered together and Kate spilled everything was very OOC for her. Now I'm wondering if they're going to go original or just retell the manga's plot more concisely to fit it all into 13 episodes.
Jun 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Mar 2020
Can't blame CloverWorks for this one considering the author himself is making changes (even tweeted about it earlier).

So there's no chance of S2, not that I mind, this show is amazing even with the original ending.
Jun 19, 2021 5:17 PM
May 2021
I had read Somato sensei's tweet yesterday. They told that they are the one who created the original ending of anime, if im not mistaken
Jun 19, 2021 5:22 PM
Aug 2013
Why did they change the manga!! They skipped many important things and changed the plot why would they do that TT

I am sad
Jun 19, 2021 5:36 PM

Sep 2020
Good to see Emilico's back but in the end, abducted by this alien, afff~

I kinda don't get this episode, some doesnt make sense.
Guess I need to read the manga of it afterwards.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jun 19, 2021 6:01 PM

Jul 2011
It can't make sense as this stuff is anime original stuff.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 19, 2021 7:11 PM

May 2021
So this is going to deroute from the manga as the discussion thread tells. Kinda makes sense why some things in this episode were strange, hope that at least is a worth change otherwise it would be a waste

Jun 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Jul 2016
The episode starts off on Kate trying to break the hypnotised Emilico by using lots of water because soot is weaker to water. Which she is succesful of and Emilico snap out of it to her usual self. Then Kate reveals the secret of Livings dolls to her.

The next scene is Emilico missing. And Kate is worried for her. Which she seek John, Louise and Patrick help.

The episode ends being Emilico being alone in the room but with veiled doll that his attire looks like Edward.

Overall its interesting development on the second half and another build up episode it seems

Jun 19, 2021 8:25 PM
Jun 2020
As a manga reader, this felt like a speedrun.
Jun 19, 2021 9:04 PM

Mar 2020
Judevin said:
Can't blame CloverWorks for this one considering the author himself is making changes (even tweeted about it earlier).

people said the same about tpn2
Jun 19, 2021 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
Judevin said:

Yeah because of this news here people keep pointing blames without any small research

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/the-promised-neverland-season-2-original-story-kaiu-shirai-return-anime-manga/
Jun 19, 2021 10:22 PM

Mar 2020
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
Judevin said:

??? The author literally tweeted about it bro.
I even translated it for 3 people on the Shadows House episode discussion. Wtf are you talking about.

Judevin said:
KizuBlade said:
Can someone translate the author's second post?
https://twitter.com/somatoma/status/1388673177258131459

Google translation is really confusing. If I'm not mistaken, the debut arc should be around 3 episodes and it seems what was missing will be introduced later in anime?
First one reads:
We had to skip some parts and change the scripts to fit the story in one season. We’d try our best to connect the story so that it makes sense if we can get season two!

Second one reads:
BTW the reason why it took time to pay off the foreshadowing in manga is because we were planning to finish ‘the reveal’ within like 3episodes. (which we couldn’t)(but that’s the fun part of weekly magazine, you never know what’s gonna happen)
Jun 19, 2021 10:36 PM

Jul 2017
Piromysl said:
Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Ingesting soot (usually in firm of coffee) has an effect on human mind causing them to be more vulnerable to manipulation and brainwashing. That's why there are fuming chimneys everywhere, so they could spread soot around the area, do humans would breath it in.
- Living Dolls are actual humans.
- Shadows are parasitic beings, who mimic human appearance and eventually take over their bodies.

I recommend you to listen to the ED carefully. It foreshadowes everything
Sir, you're correct. Especially now that subs have lyrics for the ED, it completes the foreshadowing circle.

BUT GUYS, I UNDERSTAND YA CONCERN SINCE TPN S2 was so shit-wack.

But again, you have to give credit that the manga-adapted story IS STILL INTACT. They had no choice that the anime-original ending is inevitable, it's not like they can decide to do a Season 2 at the very beginning of the show, making this a 2-cour will be quite expensive on resources and such.

Spare it on the author's Twitter tweets and comments on such, at least what we've seen in the past 10 episodes have been faithful to the manga, except for some characters cut out that can't be adapted into the anime because of time reasons.
Jun 19, 2021 10:50 PM

May 2021
It looks like CloverWorks changed the plot again ignoring the story line from the manga.
This is why I don't trust them anymore.
Jun 20, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2014
First of all, wanted to give my reaction on the ep itself, in that holy hell. Knew this wasn't gonna be so cute, or least not have that vibe. Wow. I can't wait for more to come.

As for what some are freaking out about, I mean. If it's true with what number #68 said when it comes to the author, and being it's what they went with, then can't really complain about it too much.
Jun 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, so that's what we saw at the beginning of the series. I definitely didn't expect them to control entire villages from around the mansion.

Dorothy is attractive af! Goddamn.

I keep wondering why Kate knows more than she should. Either way, I'm glad Emilico is back to normal.

Emilico using a mirror on herself to meet a human was hilarious. Never change, Emilico xD.

I thought the veiled doll was Rum but Emilico ended up being kidnapped by Edward huh.

What the hell, John, I thought what you handed to Kate was related to the brainwashing not your engagement proposal lol. Also, what better way to dispel the brainwashing than with a fistfight. Ah, the good old John.

Louise's power... damn, that's creepy. I love how she's also helping just because she hates Edward.

That little thing at the end... is that Shirley?
Jun 20, 2021 12:30 AM

Jul 2020
This was a pretty cool episode to watch

It seems like Emilico can never catch a break, in these past few episodes. The shadows family is extremely weird, and I wonder what their intentions are with Emilico. Why exactly is she their main target of interest.

Jun 20, 2021 2:04 AM

Oct 2016
It was a great episode... until it diverged from the manga. I still don't know what to feel about the anime original stuff, but as long as they don't do anything that will ruin continuity, I guess it's fine. Though, I think they kinda butchered Kate's character a bit.

If you all have time, I suggest giving the manga a try, it's really fucking good plus it's fully colored.

John and Shaun beating the shit out of each other was beautiful though lmao, and Emilico being Emilico looking at a mirror. Well I am intrigued where they'll take this anime original stuff, looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 20, 2021 2:20 AM
Mar 2016
My Questions:
1. How did Kate come to the conclusion that Emilico was a human kidnapped by the Shadows Family from the nearby village? Is it mentioned in the book she read? If yes, I think it's kinda stupid for the higher ranking shadows to reveal such information to the younger ones as it could make them empathize with their dolls.
2. How come John managed to make Shaun regain his consciousness just by punching him in the face several times? Doesn't he need to force him to drink gallons of water as Kate did to Emilico?
Jun 20, 2021 2:29 AM

Oct 2019
i know that it shouldn't be a big deal, but, how the hell did kate figure out the truth? did i miss something?

i know they are changing the wrap up in case there is no season 2. and i know they already know how to connect it two season 2 if they ever make one. but i just don't get how kate figured out the truth.

did i miss something or did they just hope people didn't realize this?
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 2021 2:40 AM
May 2017
From the way emilico abducted, I think I know that's not Edward. Look at that the silhouette, it's definitely a girl. Well, imo this episode will explain about ghost disturbance.

If you watch it carefully, there's someone there who watch them while they discussed to rescue emilico, can't wait to see next episode!!
Jun 20, 2021 3:54 AM
Feb 2021
Judevin said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

I even translated it for 3 people on the Shadows House episode discussion. Wtf are you talking about.

Judevin said:
First one reads:

Second one reads:

Well, I have guessed right. They just messed up the end of the anime because they expected to have enough material in the first arc for 13 episode and later they have seen they can only do 11 episode with the first arc, so they will make their own condensed story to be able to finish the anime. But the two remaining episode will be like the 11, very rushed and nothing will make sense, they can't tell and conclude the anime in two episode with this new story without being rushed
Jun 20, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2020
Akihap said:
Judevin said:

Well, I have guessed right. They just messed up the end of the anime because they expected to have enough material in the first arc for 13 episode and later they have seen they can only do 11 episode with the first arc, so they will make their own condensed story to be able to finish the anime. But the two remaining episode will be like the 11, very rushed and nothing will make sense, they can't tell and conclude the anime in two episode with this new story without being rushed
Not exactly.
This is what the author had to say on their twitter about ep11 and going forward.
Judevin said:
Taken from their twitter:
https://twitter.com/somatoma/status/1406281125492789248

First tweet reads:
From now on, an extra episode for "reveal arc" will start.
We sort of changed the plot in manga but we had the anime script written with situations after ep86 in mind, so we would appreciate if everyone could enjoy these upcoming episodes as a "what if".

Second tweet reads:
We received the request for this part of the anime while we working on the same part in the manga and we came up with a different plot for the manga after submitting the anime plot.

Third tweet reads:
But we wrote anime's plot so that it makes sense and connects to the manga after all.

Hopefully, this stops people from shitting on Cloverworks, it's not the studio's fault. It's not the author's fault either.

P.S. I have no idea what they mean by "situations after ep86 in mind", but that's literally what it says.
P.S P.S. Please correct my translations if I'm wrong, thank you.
Jun 20, 2021 4:13 AM
May 2021
OttoLannister550 said:
My Questions:
1. How did Kate come to the conclusion that Emilico was a human kidnapped by the Shadows Family from the nearby village? Is it mentioned in the book she read? If yes, I think it's kinda stupid for the higher ranking shadows to reveal such information to the younger ones as it could make them empathize with their dolls.
2. How come John managed to make Shaun regain his consciousness just by punching him in the face several times? Doesn't he need to force him to drink gallons of water as Kate did to Emilico?

Answers:

1) There's a revelation about the Morphs further in the manga and also the root of how Kate able to conclude and make reasonable deductions. Trying my best not to spoil too much about it, Kate is a "special" Morph if you will. How special? It's your choice to find out by reading deeper into the manga.

2) About John and Shaun's "wake-up" confrontation, it's a lot easier to take it how men settled things. Like... Instead of talking things out, it's beat-em'-ups AND talking things out. Beating the crap out of each other, making themselves tensed in anger and annoyance somewhat cleared Shaun's mind. Hence, Shaun's clouded mind cleared away through that "rough bonding".
Jun 20, 2021 6:03 AM

Mar 2018
I knew it. They deviated from the manga.

I fell in love with this show immediately after episode 1 and the show looks very spoiler-heavy so I avoided the discussion board. But this episode felt rushed and seems out of place so I checked discussions and as expected, CloverWorks is doing its things again.

It still baffles me why this studio always wants to 'end' shows in just one season or two with rushed and condensed plot points from the original source. I'd really prefer an open ending or a cliffhanger instead of adaptation like this, seriously. Now I happened to know the major reveal such as "living dolls are humans" but half-heartedly. Reading the manga won't feel the same anymore cuz now I've lost the buildup and surprise factor. They did the same with Promised Neverland adaptation but I didn't like that one very much from the start so it didn't leave much impact but I'm really salty for Shadows House this time cuz this is such an amazing show at first.

Before anyone defending CloverWorks saying "the author changed it, not the studio", I know. The author can tweet or whatever as much as they want about how 'they' changed the ending, I don't believe any author wants to change their original writing and chance for a next season unless they receive consultations (or even pressure) from the studio who's making it.

*sigh* It won't feel the same like I said above but I guess I'll go read the manga. I don't have any expectation for last 2 episodes anymore. Judging from the title, the gang will probably go and fight (or use TnJ) against this 'Lord Grandfather', win, and live happily ever after.

Can anyone tell me from which chapter should I continue reading? Or should I read from the start anyway?

Jun 20, 2021 6:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, a lot of revelations this episode, expanded their world-building element for once, eh? Finally Emilico got freed from the shackles of Lord Grandfather brainwashing. The idea was simple, just let her drinking as much as water she needed, consuming half of the water vessel as a result. A little flashback from Emilico diary also became a good recap to be considered. So, yeah! Kate explained Emilico much things. Kate looked even smarter, broadminded, with a lot of knowledges than i expected before. How the hell she got that much informations? Oh, right, don't fret such a trivial matters.

The village part. Ofc the soot coal being the one behind all of those absolute obedience. Well, those John-Shaun fist fight naturally beyond my expectation. Its even freed him too from those brainwashing? Well, okay, i guess. Then, its about time, Edward launched his sneaky plan, abducted Emilico like that by disguising as a veiled doll? Unexpected, moreover with the latest scene when all the kids shadow master decided to helping Kate, for once more. Louise reason get a spotlight from me cause its really straight-forward: she detested him, nothing else!

As interesting as this plot proceeded, a lot of questions emerge to the surface. But, as a good motto from this series come as a remainder, i will hold on those shits for a while until the final episode. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2021 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
Renkini said:
I knew it. They deviated from the manga.

I fell in love with this show immediately after episode 1 and the show looks very spoiler-heavy so I avoided the discussion board. But this episode felt rushed and seems out of place so I checked discussions and as expected, CloverWorks is doing its things again.

It still baffles me why this studio always wants to 'end' shows in just one season or two with rushed and condensed plot points from the original source. I'd really prefer an open ending or a cliffhanger instead of adaptation like this, seriously. Now I happened to know the major reveal such as "living dolls are humans" but half-heartedly. Reading the manga won't feel the same anymore cuz now I've lost the buildup and surprise factor. They did the same with Promised Neverland adaptation but I didn't like that one very much from the start so it didn't leave much impact but I'm really salty for Shadows House this time cuz this is such an amazing show at first.

Before anyone defending CloverWorks saying "the author changed it, not the studio", I know. The author can tweet or whatever as much as they want about how 'they' changed the ending, I don't believe any author wants to change their original writing and chance for a next season unless they receive consultations (or even pressure) from the studio who's making it.

*sigh* It won't feel the same like I said above but I guess I'll go read the manga. I don't have any expectation for last 2 episodes anymore. Judging from the title, the gang will probably go and fight (or use TnJ) against this 'Lord Grandfather', win, and live happily ever after.

Can anyone tell me from which chapter should I continue reading? Or should I read from the start anyway?

Finally someone who understands that just because the author tweets something, doesn't mean it's true. Just read the manga from the start, they changed shit so if you start where the anime is now, you would have missed out on a lot.
Jun 20, 2021 6:45 AM

Dec 2020
kate forcing emilico to drink so much until she puked was hard to watch, john and shaun getting into a physical fight was nice, different methods but hey they both worked. did cloverwork change some stuff again? i mean they already changed some stuff from when they wiped out [beep] but mmmm hope they dont fuck it up too bad at least.
Jun 20, 2021 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
As an anime only watcher I knew this was a rushed situation. Drink a lot of water to recover? Kate figured out the origin of the world simply by reading Emiliko's diary? Kate KNOWS what a human is? Bitch you're a black organism, how could you possibly know what it's like to be a human?

Simply horrible.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 20, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
Infatuate said:
As an anime only watcher I knew this was a rushed situation. Drink a lot of water to recover? Kate figured out the origin of the world simply by reading Emiliko's diary? Kate KNOWS what a human is? Bitch you're a black organism, how could you possibly know what it's like to be a human?

Simply horrible.
Should we tell him?
Jun 20, 2021 9:58 AM

Jun 2019
I'm an anime-only watcher as with all series, so I really do not actually care at all what is or isn't in the manga (or any other source material) and what is or isn't in the anime relative to that. If I watch a series, I'm watching it to see the story that series - its televised iteration - tells, and don't care what happens pertaining to it in other mediums.

But with that said, this was another very engaging episode (not at the dramatic heights of episode 10, but with every series there is an up and down with all episodes and you can't have every episode equally be all things at once), but I am a tad worried because, it was subtle, but the pacing and tempo suddenly seemed ratcheted up in comparison to the rest of the season which precedes it.

Kate coming out with all that knowledge when we haven't seen anything leading up to the discovery process for her and not much time to really allow it to sink in with Emilico and the audience both before going on to meet John and the other shadows and have every encounter boom boom boom one after the other when the biggest revelations of the series are coming out seemed out of character with Kate's nature and the earlier season.

There was:

- The higher-ranking members of the Shadows family traveling to the village and showing the recruiting/abduction process by which human children are kidnapped, brainwashed/memory wiped, and turned into living dolls

- Kate sharing with the audience and Emilico that she knows at least about part of all this which is going on

- Kate restoring Emilico's memory and personality

- Emilico being kidnapped

- Kate recruiting John, Patrick, and Louise to help rescue Emilico

In previous episodes, just one of these would have been the centerpiece of action and drama in an episode with a lot more dialogue/worldbuilding/character development apart from it.

It's still my favorite series of the season (out of 11 shows of the season I've seen, no less!), but this is precisely what I dislike about most 11 - 13 episode series and how breakneck the pacing seemingly must inevitably become, especially in the last quarter of the season.

I would really have preferred most of the episode just being devoted to Kate and Emilico coming to terms with this psychologically and emotionally after Emilico is healed physically, probing the implications of it, etc. and if time was spent on anything else, it could have gone toward filling out the backstory and explanation behind why exactly Kate knows any of this and how it has informed her actions and attitudes (towards Emilico, the other shadows and living dolls, and Shadows family and her position in the manor as a whole) up to this point.

She has been reserved, cautious, and secretive up to this point. Can we explore more of why that is considering, going based off of what's depicted in the show, shadows are not supposed to have any innate personality and quirks until learning and being influenced by the behavior of their dolls and then their dolls picking it up back from them in turn in a feedback loop to create one whole person as the end result? So why would Kate have any reason to be so inherently wise, guarded, and mistrustful considering that's the opposite of how Emilico is shown to be?

Exploration of any of these details could make an episode in and of itself.

When it gets to such a point, I worry that there will be a war over time allocation for:

A) The action required to drive the story forward - plot developments

and

B) Characters' reactions to said developments to actually make it feel sufficiently impactful
WatchTillTandavaJun 20, 2021 10:33 AM
Jun 20, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
man, this episode had so much information about the origin of the dolls, they are really human, it didn't surprise me too much because I was always asked why people call them dolls when they are really human, when it comes to drinking it is actually damn they give to kids they practically fool their parents, I thought that drink was good but apparently there were many things for an episode that was also great there are few episodes left to end I hope the ending is good with a good one outcome of this show.
Jun 20, 2021 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
Woah, what happened to the pacing here? After that impacful cliffhanger at the end of last episode, it felt like everything started moving way too quickly. From Kate easily finding out about how to undo the brainwashing to learning the truth of the Living Dolls (how did she so easily access that information that the nobles presumably want to keep hidden from younger Shadows?) to Emilico getting kidnapped literally minutes after Kate told her the truth, it all feels very rushed. Also, it feels very out of character for Kate to be so gung ho about telling everyone the truth, regardless of what happened to Emilico: does it not even once occur to her that she can't necessarly trust her fellow debutants or that they're being monitored, as they obviously must be for Emilico to be kidnapped so quickly after learning the truth?

Even as someone who's yet to read the manga, I can tell this has deviated from the source material in much the same way Promised Neverland did. The leaps in logic and glossing over of crucial, world-changing details is alarmingly similar to what happened there. This show has been great so far, please don't let it fall apart at the end because of Cloverworks' incompetence.
Jun 20, 2021 1:22 PM

Oct 2020
With the way everything is set up, I feel like S2 is going to end up being a massive prison break lol

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 20, 2021 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
This episode felt so off from all the other amazing ones and turns out it's because they're deviating a lot from the source. As expected...
Jun 20, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 2020
bagin said:
I wonder what the ending of this show will be now that it's diverged lol

really? what changed if it's not pain in the ass
Jun 20, 2021 6:43 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 11 and its really good.. its a good thing kate knows how to get to emilicos room, and that emilico wrote down her diary, so that kate can save emilico from the brainwashing.. if only edward would have done everything normally, none of all this might have happened.. tho maybe its just destined to happen.. as the children will now take a dangerous step towards learning the whole truth about the shadow family.. and if they were able to find out the truth, what awaits them? And how will they move from now on? What will they decide in the end? As they all are now slowly going towards the dark side of the shadow family, with the chance of death.. anyways, i rate the episode a 9.5 of 10, 9.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 20, 2021 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
So... maybe I missed something but how does Kate know about the Shadow nobles visiting nearby villages to kidnap human kids?

Other than that, another interesting episode. Emilico returned to her senses but was kidnapped by salty Edward so now it's Kate's turn to strengthen their bond by saving her. Parts with Lou's changing moods and John's manly way to bring Shaun back from soot oblivion were quite funny, by the way.

And on a side note, people complaining about the anime "diverging" from the manga are such a pain. The author himself already tweeted about the reasons behind this and if there's a chance of a second season in the future, he and the team will make the necessary changes to connect the dots, narratively speaking.
Jun 20, 2021 9:45 PM
Jun 2021
It's different from the manga...?
Jun 20, 2021 11:33 PM
Apr 2018
reginaegi said:
It's different from the manga...?

yes, but it's not really that bad. I think the anime is still good. They just threw a lot of facts that should be revealed through a build-up and character development. But as a manga reader, it's not really that much of a problem for me. Other manga readers are just here to hate what they don't like and ruins anime watcher experience by spoiling everything.

We just might never get season 2. So if you really like this series and want to read the manga. You must start reading manga from the chapter after the "debut arc" (also reread the part/chapter went the Emilyko, Ram, Shaun have to do the night patrol)
Jun 21, 2021 1:22 PM

Aug 2019
aryandil said:
sbenela said:
they modified the plot so much and never talked about kate being able to

bro i get you're upset but don't go around spoiling manga-only content openly

thank you for telling me!! i edited the post to put a spoiler warning
i was really heated while writing that comment but it really wasnt okay for me to spoil, sorry about that
Jun 21, 2021 3:21 PM

Sep 2012
I dont like this episode, not because I read manga but with changes, they killed pace of this segment and it feels too rushed. Maybe ep 12 will patch it but for now it's the weakest episode. Yup I read manga, but Im not hater of some changes.
Jun 21, 2021 5:58 PM

Dec 2016
sbenela said:

thank you for telling me!! i edited the post to put a spoiler warning
i was really heated while writing that comment but it really wasnt okay for me to spoil, sorry about that

no worries; thanks for going back to edit.
Jun 21, 2021 6:00 PM

Oct 2011
Lot of people already declaring this a TPN 2.0. As an anime-only, before this thread, I didn't really notice anything too strange other than Kate revealing things so quickly. With the mangaka pitching in I still have hope this will have a good ending.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

62 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.